SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It'd be good to see if the other Greninjas are like that as well, or if it's random, having the three 31 IVs.
I doubt that it's random considering that the defensive stats are 20s. There's a chance the Nature might be random, but if the IVs aren't, the Nature probably isn't. Let's just hope that we can breed for one with a good Nature if the Nature isn't random.
It seems Ash-Greninja stats are +20 in both attacks and speed. Still not confirmed at all.
I don't care if this is true or not because I doubt that having the Ash Form can make up for giving up Protean, but if this is true, then wow... Ash Greninja SUCKS!

Dude, if this thing is unable to get Naive, Hasty, Jolly, timid, Adamant or modest we can already predict it will suck.

Seriously, this is eruption heatran once again.

This guy better be able to breed.

Greninja may not need Speed that much, but it sounds like a terrific revenge killer when transformed into Ash-Greninja, outspeeding several scarfers without a Scarf of its own.

Other than that... nothing special.

A shame I won't be able to play the demo until this wednesday due to lack of time, and even then it will have to compete with Super Mystery Dungeon's late-story and Football Manager 2017's beta starting tomorrow. What should I do!?

Last edited:
Not sure what some of you expected as far as stats go. Even if most were distributed in offenses it would still turn up inferior overall to Protean.

The way I see it, going full Kenyan made more sense, tbh.

https://twitter.com/pokexperto/status/788104676713590785

According with Pokexperto's owner:
+10 base Attack
+20 base Special Attack
+40 base Speed (162, outspeeds scarf Landorus-Therian)

600 total base
Actually, Pokexperto replied to that, and those are just the stats of regular Greninja. He didn't calculate the EVs and IVS.

As such, we still don't know Ash-Greninja's stats. However, a Speed of 162 would have been neat...

I don't know how Pokeexperto is getting those numbers, but they seem flat out wrong. Plug everything into a damage calc yourself and see. Overall, I think it's far more likely the Ash-Greninja's normal Greninja forme has the exact same base stats as normal Greninja and we have the EV spread / IV spread I mentioned on the previous page. Pokemon like this having 20's and 31's for all their IVs have copious existing precedent. Every in game trade since BW has basically used that same IV format.

Half way through writing this post, it seems he went back on any BST increase. Good to hear.

As exciting as competitive applications are for things like this, please try and look at these things with a little skepticism. Your first reaction should be double checking if these things are real, then jumping to excitement.

We don't want more Swimming Goggles incidents.

Important to note: if the IVs are set, that's fine because we can boost them up in the final game through Hyper Training. The important question is if the nature is set because we (presumably) can't change that.

Really hoping these ivs are true for all and that it can be bred from as I'm hoping it can be a parent for my sun and moon team for early competitions until bank is available.

Although I'm really hoping ditto is there so I can just super train that.

Really hoping these ivs are true for all and that it can be bred from as I'm hoping it can be a parent for my sun and moon team for early competitions until bank is available.

Although I'm really hoping ditto is there so I can just super train that.
I'm catching a whole shitroad of FS Dittos in X and putting them in Bank so I can be prepared. I'll trade you some later if you want.

IIRC, when you got Glalie in the ORAS demo, you tranferred it to the main game via Pokémon Link. Whether or not the Sun/Moon demo will use the same method is still up in the air.

Also, I don't remember whether or not Pokémon Link let you SR for Nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to restart the demo to soft reset greninja's nature? Or at least see if it's always set to neutral? Also any word on how the z-move works in the pikachu in the demo?

Is it possible to restart the demo to soft reset greninja's nature? Or at least see if it's always set to neutral? Also any word on how the z-move works in the pikachu in the demo?
1) Probably not. The IVs make it look like its stats are set in stone, including nature. We'll see though.

2) Outside of a single image showing Pikachu ready to use a Z-attack, nothing else yet.

Thanks f
I'm catching a whole shitroad of FS Dittos in X and putting them in Bank so I can be prepared. I'll trade you some later if you want.

IIRC, when you got Glalie in the ORAS demo, you tranferred it to the main game via Pokémon Link. Whether or not the Sun/Moon demo will use the same method is still up in the air.

Also, I don't remember whether or not Pokémon Link let you SR for Nature.
Thanks for the offer dude but I'm all set once bank is out, I'm just hoping that with this and ditto being in the game we will be able to get competitive mons ASAP.

With the London national 2 weeks after the European launch, its gonna be tough for trainers to be able to get a team with good ivs.

Apparently, you now have to press A to enter buildings.
That actually will be kind of annoying...extremely annoying. Like, superly duper annoying. Is it the same with the Pokemon Center? Because if so I'll actually be slightly salty because how much of a pain replaying games will be. (I've been doing that a lot lately)

I'm buying this game for Alolan Muk wtf, but that thing is going to be a monster I'm calling it.

Apparently, you now have to press A to enter buildings.

I'm seeing IGN's review now:

7.8/10 Too much A pressing.
pannenkoek2012 better find a way to be able to enter buildings with only half an A press.
Not sure what some of you expected as far as stats go. Even if most were distributed in offenses it would still turn up inferior overall to Protean.

The way I see it, going full Kenyan made more sense, tbh.
Eh, I expected it to have a case of Mega Latios syndrome, where it's not worth using over its non-transformed counterpart.

Wasn't expecting much anyway; it's just a shitty gimmick from the anime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)