Monotype Community Create-A-Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Inferno, Zap Cannon: are you crazy? These moves are overpower thanks to their high base power and their guaranteed secondary effect.
With these moves, the No Guard set will overshadow the Magic Guard set.

Before adding the other coverage moves, we should clarify its threatlist: wasn't it made by Rock, Fighting, Water and Ground?

Inferno, Zap Cannon: are you crazy? These moves are overpower thanks to their high base power and their guaranteed secondary effect.
With these moves, the No Guard set will overshadow the Magic Guard set.
After reading this and thinking things through, I don't understand where Zap Cannon came from. Inferno is bad enough but I still stand by what I said about it. As for Zap Cannon, I think it would be slightly overpowered to give free burns and paras to pretty much anything. I removed Zap Cannon from my moveset.

EDIT: Also, I feel that Magic Guard will always be the better ability no matter what crazy moves No Guard gets, because appalling defenses and a 4x SR weakness will always hinder No Guards success.

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
I forgot to mention this, but Week 4's Posting period will end on November 7th at 11:59 P.M. EST. Just in time for election day.

iLlama

After a bit of thought and persuasion from Dece1t, I'm going to address the moveset a tad.

Inferno is Acceptable
Zap Cannon is Not Acceptable

Inferno, though obviously an extremely strong move option, for one has never seen real usage before, simply because of the lack of Pokemon that have it let alone get away with actually using it. It would be interesting to see its uses and how it can work out in actual play. Plus, you're giving your Pokemon an immense weakness to hazards and its natural SpA stat is quite low at only 100, meaning its a risk that you need to be willing to take.

Zap Cannon however really breaks the Pokemon completely. Even if 'Polarized' did not have access to Inferno, Zap Cannon would technically be a better option overall as it completely eliminates any threat from Flying and completely destroys Water, which is one of the types that should be able to easily counter this Pokemon. It simply gives the Pokemon too many, overtly powerful coverage options, and therefore, is broken.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
After a bit of thought and persuasion from Dece1t, I'm going to address the moveset a tad.

Inferno is Acceptable
Zap Cannon is Not Acceptable

Inferno, though obviously an extremely strong move option, for one has never seen real usage before, simply because of the lack of Pokemon that have it let alone get away with actually using it. It would be interesting to see its uses and how it can work out in actual play. Plus, you're giving your Pokemon an immense weakness to hazards and its natural SpA stat is quite low at only 100, meaning its a risk that you need to be willing to take.

Zap Cannon however really breaks the Pokemon completely. Even if 'Polarized' did not have access to Inferno, Zap Cannon would technically be a better option overall as it completely eliminates any threat from Flying and completely destroys Water, which is one of the types that should be able to easily counter this Pokemon. It simply gives the Pokemon too many, overtly powerful coverage options, and therefore, is broken.
Ok. Now I need to know if these moves are allowed:

- Psychic / Fairy moves to deal with fighting types
- Electric / Grass moves to deal with water types
- Water / Grass moves to deal with ground types
- Water / Grass moves to deal with rock types

I updated the movesets.

Last edited:

iLlama

Ok. Now I need to know if these moves are allowed:

- Psychic / Fairy moves to deal with fighting types
- Electric / Grass moves to deal with water types
- Water / Grass moves to deal with ground types
- Water / Grass moves to deal with rock types

I updated the movesets.
Moves that are available via TM are mostly acceptable, however, only things that are reasonable and not too good. Just use practical logic here.

i.e. Grass Knot, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, etc. are acceptable. Water coverage moves are not.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Moves that are available via TM are mostly acceptable, however, only things that are reasonable and not too good. Just use practical logic here.

i.e. Grass Knot, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, etc. are acceptable. Water coverage moves are not.
Thanks a lot.
Oh... I forgot a move: Freeze-Dry is allowed?

Thanks a lot.
Oh... I forgot a move: Freeze-Dry is allowed?
I stuck that on my set. I makes sense, as it is an Ice type move, gets STAB, and helps the CAP deal with Water types. Down to Llama really but thought I might as well put my opinion on.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
I thought a lot about this. I chosen to "do not add" coverage moves.

Grass moves annahilate a lot of Rock and Ground pokémon, same for Electric with Water types (only Water/Ground can be saved).

Freeze-Dry is too helpful against Water (especially Water/Ground) pokémon.

For Psychic and Fairy moves, it's simply illogic ad them.

Also I'm helped with this: http://www.smogon.com/cap/articles/restricted_moves

iLlama

Week 4: Voting
Structure mostly taken from CAP Project

Now we have come to the voting phase for Movesets. Make sure to read through each post thoroughly. Bold your votes and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:

Who you are voting for

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.

Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts. You are allowed to say whatever you like in relation to your vote at the bottom of your post, but please do not look to begin a discussion. Asking for votes for your submission or for the submissions of others is not allowed.

IMPORTANT: When voting, use only the name of the author! The list of possible votes include:

Dece1t
david0895
acestriker19
Yoshiblaze
Kilgrave

This poll will be open until November 10th. The concept submissions are quoted below in order of submission.
Polzarized Move Learnset:
1 Icicle Spear
1 Ice Shard
1 Outrage
1 Scratch
1 Leer
5 Powder Snow
9 Ember
13 Torment
18 Hail
22 Dragon Rage
26 Fire Fang
26 Ice Fang
31 Flame Burst
33 Aurora Beam
37 Dragon Breath
42 Hone Claws
46 Flamethrower
50 Ice Beam
55 Blizzard
58 Flare Blitz

01 Hone Claws
02 Dragon Claw
05 Roar
06 Toxic
07 Hail
10 Hidden Power
11 Sunny Day
12 Taunt
13 Ice Beam
14 Blizzard
15 Hyper Beam
17 Protect
20 Safeguard
21 Frustration
25 Thunder
31 Brick Break
32 Double Team
35 Flamethrower
38 Fire Blast
40 Aerial Ace
41 Torment
42 Facade
43 Flame Charge
44 Rest
45 Attract
50 Overheat
52 Focus Blast
54 False Swipe
59 Incinerate
61 Wil-O-Wisp
65 Shadow Claw
67 Retaliate
68 Giga Impact
70 Flash
72 Volt Switch
73 Thunder Wave
78 Bulldoze
79 Frost Breath
82 Dragon Tail
87 Swagger
88 Sleep Talk
90 Substitute
93 Wild Charge
94 Secret Power
98 Power-Up Punch

Egg Group: Field / Dragon
Spikey Shield: Chesnaught
Close Combat: Monferno, Infernape
Hammer Arm: Chesnaught
Thunder Fang: Arcanine
Icicle Crash: Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine
Focus Energy: Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence
Crunch: Salamence, Deino, Zwellious, Hydreigon
Double Edge: Salamence
Heat Wave: Charizard
Inferno: Charizard
Dragon Rush: Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite
Freeze Dry: Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine

Snore
Shock Wave
Low Kick
Knock Off
Super Fang
Uproar
Iron Tail
Drill Run
Dragon Pulse
Heat Wave
Hyper Voice
Outrage
Superpower
Magic Coat
Icy Wind

Polarized Sample Set:

Name: Standard Life Orb Physical Attacker
Move 1: Flare Blitz
Move 2: Icicle Crash / Icicle Spear
Move 3: Close Combat / Iron Tail
Move 4: Volt Switch
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly

Flare Blitz does lots of damage, with no penalties thanks to Magic Guard!

Icicle Crash is the Ice STAB used, however Icicle Spear is just as viable with nice perk of hitting multiple times.

Close Combat is preferred for coverage against Heatran, which would otherwise wall it entirely. Iron Tail is also plausible due to the fact that it can check Mega Diancie.

Volt Switch allows it to double as an amazing Offensive Pivot, with the ability to retain momentum upon switchout, also covering Water-Type Pokemon.

Magic Guard is used to evade LO and Flare Blitz Recoil entirely, as well as damage from Stealth Rock upon switchin.

Life Orb is the item due to ability to be non choice locked, while giving a fair power boost with no recoil penalty thanks to Magic Guard.

Side Note: I was told by iLlama that after this week will be name and then we're done. Would we also be allowed to post Pokedex entries? (i.e. Description, Ht., Wt. ect)

Edits since replies:
1. Forgot to include ice shard, that was added.
2. I feel Inferno is not broken. Why? If you run No Guard you now have a 4x SR weakness, which in order for it to be reliable you need good means of hazard control, not to mention save it well. This concept is very risk-reward basis, and No Guard definitely embodies that. Inferno is perfectly fine, knowing that. Not to mention a base 100 SpA Stat is pretty mediocre.
3. Volt switch should be kept over Baton Pass. This allows it to get out of risky situations against bulky Water mons while still dealing a reasonable amount of damage. This is one I'd more so forgo if the majority says no Volt Switch, but, that is where I personally stand.
4. Zap Cannon is a bad idea. Not only to me does it not make much since, especially on the design seeing there is no way to "shoot" it, but that combined with Blizzard creates a dangerous Bolt-Beam combo that can hit just about everything, with a paralysis side effect. At least the combination of Inferno and Blizzard is a bit easier to wall.
4. Close Combat should also stay. Hammer Arm, despite it being an option is in hindsight unreliable, due to the fact that it has incredibly low bulk, which a speed drop will not do it any favors.
5. Spike Shield should also stay. Looking at its design it is actually covered in these glowing red ice spikes throughout its body. Not only is it really creative from a design standpoint, but competitively this could be really cool. This allows stuff such as focus sash sets make it an effective scout, being able to dish a small amount of damage on contact (great for things such as other sash wielders, Dragonite, ect), which I think would be a cool concept, and effectively take on a different type of role.
6. Don't remove Iron tail! Without that it's kinda hopeless against rock, primarily Mega diancie, which both Ice and fire have difficulty checking as it is.
7. Added Freeze Dry and Wild Charge

Don't forget, in its concept as well its supposed to run a butt load of coverage, especially with things that Fire or ice types normally can't provide.
Moveset Submission

Name: Physical attacker

Move 2: Icicle Crash
Move 3: Ice Shard
Move 4: U-Turn
Item: Life Orb / Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
  • Flare Blitz and Icicle Crash are the main STABs
  • Ice Shard is a good priority
  • U-Turn is perfect to gain momentum
  • Life Orb raise the power of the moves, Focus Sash can guarantee a revenge kill
  • Magic Guard removes the recoil from Life Orb and Flare Blitz and negate the Stealth Rock damage

Name: Special attacker

Move 1: Fire Blast / Inferno
Move 2: Ice Beam / Blizzard
Move 3: Frost Breath
Ability: Magic Guard / No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
  • Fire Blast and Ice Beam are the main STABs, Blizzard can be used with No Guard, Inferno can be used if you want to guarantee the burn at the little cost of less power
  • Frost Breath could be useful against Calm Mind user
  • Life Orb raise the power of the moves, Focus Sash can guarantee a revenge kill
  • Magic Guard removes the recoil from Life Orb and negate the Stealth Rock damage, No Guard guarantee perfect Fire Blast, Inferno and Blizzard

Name: Mixed attacker

Move 2: Icicle Crash / Ice Shard
Move 3: Ice Beam / Blizzard
Move 4: U-Turn / Fire Blast / Inferno
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty
  • Flare Blitz and Icicle Crash are the main physical STABs, Ice Shard is a good priority
  • Ice Beam is the Ice special STAB, Blizzard can be used with No Guard
  • U-Turn is perfect to gain momentum, Fire can be used if you need of a Fire special STAB, Inferno can be used if you want to guarantee the burn at the little cost of less power
  • Magic Guard removes the recoil from Life Orb and Flare Blitz and negate the Stealth Rock damage, No Guard guarantee perfect Fire Blast, Inferno and Blizzard
  • Hasty nature is to save the 70/80 special bulk

About coverage, I think we shouldn't add moves that can do serious damage to types that threat it (Fighting, Water, Ground and Rock)
I hope I formatted this correctly.

Moveset Edits

Moveset Submissions

Name: No Guard Zap Cannon
Move 1: Zap Cannon
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 3: Blizzard
Move 4: Focus Blast / Substitute / Baton Pass
Ability: No Guard
Item: Life Orb / Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd

• Zap Cannon allows Polarized to KO common water type switch-ins to the Magic Guard set such as Azumarill, Gyarados, Keldeo. It also prevents Cripples other likely switch-ins like T-tar
  • Fire Blast is a powerful STAB that can be used without fear of missing thanks to No Guard
  • Blizzard is also a strong STAB that is helped by No Guard and forms a Bolt Beam Combo with Zap Cannon
  • Focus Blast allows Polarized to break Heatran on a predicted switch-in
  • Substitute combined with Zap Cannon allows Polarized an out against its stronger switch-ins by subbing on a paralyzed switch-in.
  • Baton Pass allows Specs Polarized to secure offensive momentum against predicted counters.
  • Life Orb gives Polarized Access to its phenomenal coverage at the cost of some hp while Specs boosts Zap Cannons power allowing it to make better use of its mediocre 100 Atk stat without sacrificing defense.
Name: No Guard Berry Blast
Move 1: Zap Cannon
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 3: Blizzard
Move 4: Substitute
Item: Salac Berry / Petaya Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

• Zap Cannon allows Polarized to KO common water type switch-ins to the Magic Guard set such as Azumarill and Gyarados.
  • Fire Blast is a powerful STAB that can be used without fear of missing thanks to No Guard
  • Blizzard is also a strong STAB that is helped by No Guard and forms a Bolt Beam Combo with Zap Cannon
  • Substitute allows Polarized to get low enough to use its berry it is good to keep Sub up so that Polarized can beat at least 1 opposing priority user.
  • Salac Berry is the means in which Polarized can boosts its speed by coming in on SR and the Subbing on a pokemon that it threatens out.
  • Using Salac allows it to outspeed the majority of Scarfers in the Tier making it a decent cleaner.
  • Using Petaya allows it to boosts in Sp. Attack allowing a No Guard set to wallbreak without resorting to Specs
  • Unlike other sets this set doesn't mind Stealth Rock since it wants to 1/4 quickly in order to use its boosting berry.
Moveset Submission

Name: Electro Physical Attacker
Move 3: Spark
Move 4: Ice Shard / Hidden Power Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
  • STAB Flare Blitz for high damage output with it's better physical attack and if CAP 21 (Mega Crucibelle) has taught me anything, Magic Guard actually negates recoil, so...
  • Ice Shard gives priority, being able to at least hit faster mons like Tornadus
  • Spark can be used to hit Water-types, but won't do too much to anything else, so I don't see this being too good. If this is too weak, Thunder Punch could also be used
  • Hidden Power Grass can beat used over Ice Shard or Spark to hit Water, Ground, or Rock-types
  • Life Orb gives a free damage boost, thanks to Magic Guard
  • Magic Guard for obvious reasons
(Just a heads up, I'm really uncreative with my EV spreads, and I'm on mobile, so I won't go into too much detail on movesets. I might edit it later.)

New moves I've suggested are in bold.

Moveset Submission:

Name: Physical Magic Guard
Move 4: U-Turn / Wild Charge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

• Flare Blitz + Icicle Crash is for STAB.
  • Ice Shard is for priority.
  • U-Turn for momentum purposes and to switch out freely. As Polarized is fast, it will probably pull this off first.
  • Wild Charge hits water-types.
  • Magic Guard negates Life Orb recoil and recoil from moves.
  • Set focuses on hitting as fast and hard as possible on the physical side.
Name: Special Magic Guard
Move 1: Flamethrower / Fire Blast
Move 2: Freeze-Dry / Ice Beam / Blizzard
Move 3: Earth Power
Move 4: Focus Blast / Volt Switch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

I don't like running mixed sets, so here's a special set.
  • Flamethrower is for fire STAB, Fire Blast is stronger but with less accuracy.
  • Same goes for Ice Beam / Blizzard.
  • Freeze-Dry hits Water types super effectively and works as good Ice STAB.
  • Earth Power stops Polarized from being completely walled by Heatran.
  • Focus Blast can be an extra move, or Volt Switch can be run for the same reasons U-Turn is on a physical set.
  • Magic Guard negates Life Orb recoil.
  • Unlike the last set, this focuses on the special side of Polarized, which is viable because this CAP seems to have a better special movepool than physical.
Name: No Guard
Move 1: Inferno
Move 2: Blizzard
Move 3: Volt Switch / Thunder
Move 4: Focus Blast
Item: Focus Sash / Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

• I had a think about Inferno. I think that Inferno would be a great move if it wasn't for its awful accuracy, and I'd love to see a Pokemon take advantage of it. So, I've put Inferno. Free burns!
  • Blizzard because it's 100% accurate now so why would you not use it.
  • Zap Cannon. It's Inferno, but with Paralysis. RIP everything.
  • Focus Blast. It will no longer screw you over with its be accuracy.
  • Focus Sash is for living hits because its bill is terrible.
  • Choice Scarf to outspeed pretty much every other scarfer.
Okay, this set may look broken, but it allows Polarized to adapt to any situation.

iLlama

Voting has ended.

Congratulations to david0895 for having their Moveset chosen with a landslide victory for 'Polarized.'​

david0895 - 3

Week 5 will be posted soon.​

iLlama

Week 5: Name the Pokemon

General info taken from CAP Project

Now we come to naming our Fire/Ice Pokemon!

Please submit your idea here and we will put it up for a vote against all other users' ideas. Final submissions must conform to the submission rules, so please read them carefully. Breaking the posting rules can also result in disqualification.

RULES:

Legal name submissions must meet the following standards
  • Names must start with a capital letter.
  • Names cannot be longer than 11 letters.
  • Names can only contain the following characters:
    • Letters A-Z
    • Numbers 1-9
    • Dash (-)
    • Apostrophe (')
    • Period (.)
    • Space
  • No more than two capital letters can be included in the name, and capital letters cannot be consecutive.
  • A maximum of two non-letters can be included in the name, and a maximum of one non-letter of each type can be included (ie. You can't have two numbers, or two apostrophes, but you could have one number and one apostrophe)

Names will not be slated if they are completely unrelated to the design, silly names (puns are fine), names based primarily on memes, or names meant to inflame, intimidate, or cause controversy.

Final Submissions
Only ONE Final Submission can be made per person. Any Final Submission that does not follow the proper format will be disqualified.

Final submissions must provide one sentence (25 words maximum) explaining the etymology of the name. Final submissions must provide a common English pronunciation. The common pronunciation can be made in whatever format you feel best conveys the pronunciation to most English speakers.

Format
Name Final Submissions must be posted exactly in the following format and in the following exact order:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on its own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • The Name submission in bold.
  • A blank line
  • A one line description of the etymology of the name or why it is appropriate for our Pokemon. (25 words maximum)
  • A blank line
Below the Final Submission you can post other comments, explanations, etc.

-------------------

'Polarized' thus far:

Typing: Fire/Ice
Stats: 70 / 115 / 60 / 100 / 80 / 115 (BST: 540)
Moveset Submission

Name: Physical attacker

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
  • Flare Blitz and Icicle Crash are the main STABs
  • Ice Shard is a good priority
  • Magic Guard removes the recoil from Life Orb and Flare Blitz and negate the Stealth Rock damage

Name: Special attacker

Move 1: Fire Blast / Inferno
Move 2: Ice Beam / Blizzard
Move 3: Frost Breath
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
  • Fire Blast and Ice Beam are the main STABs, Blizzard can be used with No Guard, Inferno can be used if you want to guarantee the burn at the little cost of less power
  • Frost Breath could be useful against Calm Mind user
  • Magic Guard removes the recoil from Life Orb and negate the Stealth Rock damage, No Guard guarantee perfect Fire Blast, Inferno and Blizzard

Name: Mixed attacker

Move 2: Icicle Crash / Ice Shard
Move 3: Ice Beam / Blizzard
Move 4: U-Turn / Fire Blast / Inferno
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
  • Flare Blitz and Icicle Crash are the main physical STABs, Ice Shard is a good priority
  • Ice Beam is the Ice special STAB, Blizzard can be used with No Guard
  • U-Turn is perfect to gain momentum, Fire can be used if you need of a Fire special STAB, Inferno can be used if you want to guarantee the burn at the little cost of less power
  • Magic Guard removes the recoil from Life Orb and Flare Blitz and negate the Stealth Rock damage, No Guard guarantee perfect Fire Blast, Inferno and Blizzard
  • Hasty nature is to save the 70/80 special bulk

About coverage, I think we shouldn't add moves that can do serious damage to types that threat it (Fighting, Water, Ground and Rock)

Final Submission

Frierburnen

The German word for freeze (Einfrieren) + burn. The -en comes from the German word for burn (brennen). "Frie" also relates to fire.

Final Submission

Gelvin

Derived from the kelvin, a unit of measurement used to gauge thermodynamic temperature, as well as "gelid," an adjective used to denote extreme cold.

iLlama

Week 5: Voting
Structure mostly taken from CAP Project

Now we have come to the voting phase for the name of 'Polarized.' A typical vote might look like the following:

Who you are voting for

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.

Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts. You are allowed to say whatever you like in relation to your vote at the bottom of your post, but please do not look to begin a discussion. Asking for votes for your submission or for the submissions of others is not allowed.

IMPORTANT: When voting, use only the name of the author! The list of possible votes include:

Yoshiblaze
Slawth13
G-Luke

This poll will be open until November 18th, right in time for Sun and Moon.

After voting ends, this project will be finished.

Final Submission

Frierburnen

The German word for freeze (Einfrieren) + burn. The -en comes from the German word for burn (brennen). "Frie" also relates to fire.
Final Submission

Gelvin

Derived from the kelvin, a unit of measurement used to gauge thermodynamic temperature, as well as "gelid," an adjective used to denote extreme cold.
Final Submission

Icizzle

From Icicle and Sizzle. Short and snappy

Slawth, I could of came up with a name but I just did my 1k this morning lol.

Also iLlama did you still want to include the level up moves, tms, eggs, ect, with edits aligned with david's set

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yoshiblaze

Nice job hosting this illama. Everyone that contributed, the 'mon looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)