SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Story Spoiler Discussion (Read the OP)

Do we know all the types associated with each trial?
Types of all the Trials, in order (including Grand Trials (Kahunas)):

1. Normal (Trial)
  2. Fighting (Kahuna)
  3. Water (Trial)
  4. Fire (Trial)
  5. Grass (Trial)
  6. Rock (Kahuna)
  7. Electric (Trial)
  8. Ghost (Trial)
  9. Dark (Kahuna)
  10. Fairy + Dragon (Trial)
  11. Ground (Kahuna)

Afterwards you go to the Pokemon League:

Can challenge in any order.
  1. Fighting
  2. Rock
  3. Ghost
  4. Flying

Two questions: Is Battle Tree like Battle Tower basically? Or are there other facilities there too? I'm hoping Gamefreak isn't lazy af with postgame content.

Are bottlecaps easy to get ahold of? I don't really want another generation of either having to buy a save editor or stop and soft reset forever especially since the majority of the competitively viable mons are unbreedable and you get them throughout the story. I hated having to stop my progress on the game for several weeks because Xerneas/Latios were obligatory.

Have we figured out how much bottle caps effect IVs? It would be dope if I didn't have to SR 100 times for 6IV legends.

Two questions: Is Battle Tree like Battle Tower basically? Or are there other facilities there too? I'm hoping Gamefreak isn't lazy af with postgame content.

Are bottlecaps easy to get ahold of? I don't really want another generation of either having to buy a save editor or stop and soft reset forever especially since the majority of the competitively viable mons are unbreedable and you get them throughout the story. I hated having to stop my progress on the game for several weeks because Xerneas/Latios were obligatory.
Saw someone streaming Battle Tree, its a mix of Maison and Battle Tower, for sure. Except that the AI is actually fairly smart. Guy was using Tapu Koko and the AI swapped into a Skarmory. And this wasn't even the Super Singles option!

As for the Bottle Caps, apparently you can trade for them in Festival Plaza for the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Shard items.

Have we figured out how much bottle caps effect IVs? It would be dope if I didn't have to SR 100 times for 6IV legends.
From what I can gather:

- Regular Bottle Cap effects one stat.
- Golden Bottle Cap maxes out ALL stats.

Anything notable? The 12 hour difference doesn't mean anything?
Yes and no. Besides a few version exclusives and time of day, not really.

Saw someone streaming Battle Tree, its a mix of Maison and Battle Tower, for sure. Except that the AI is actually fairly smart. Guy was using Tapu Koko and the AI swapped into a Skarmory. And this wasn't even the Super Singles option!

As for the Bottle Caps, apparently you can trade for them in Festival Plaza for the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Shard items.
That's pretty lame. :( I'm always holding out some wishful thinking for Battle Frontier facilities since standard battles are dreadfully boring to me. I'll have to wait for the Battle Spot tournaments for interesting metas.

Oh thank Arceus. Hopefully they are easily obtainable like they were in Platinum and HGSS. I don't mind grinding as long as it isn't 1000s of softresets blocking my story progress.

That's pretty lame. :( I'm always holding out some wishful thinking for Battle Frontier facilities since standard battles are dreadfully boring to me. I'll have to wait for the Battle Spot tournaments for interesting metas.

Oh thank Arceus. Hopefully they are easily obtainable like they were in Platinum and HGSS. I don't mind grinding as long as it isn't 1000s of softresets blocking my story progress.
Well, to be fair: Battle Frontier facilities were not really that different -- they just had a gimmick attached to them.

Well, to be fair: Battle Frontier facilities were not really that different -- they just had a gimmick attached to them.
Exactly, I love gimmicks :) idk why but I've lost interest in the standard metas, probably because GF doesn't really understand competitive play at all. Gimmick metas keep things fresh and interesting to me, and if I get sick and tired of them, I can play something else.

Exactly, I love gimmicks :) idk why but I've lost interest in the standard metas, probably because GF doesn't really understand competitive play at all. Gimmick metas keep things fresh and interesting to me, and if I get sick and tired of them, I can play something else.
Well, a lot of the trainers in there apparently use Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions, apparently. Those are gimmicks. XD

Well, a lot of the trainers in there apparently use Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions, apparently. Those are gimmicks. XD
whoa, do battle tree trainers really use mega evolutions?
that's huge if it's not just the cameo trainers

I'm not 100% sure, but they definitely use Z-Moves so Mega Evolution can't be out of the question, right?
If you haven't seen it (I assume Wally does if absolutely no one else) then it kind of is.

Many random trainers use z moves outside the battle tree. That carrying over to the tree itself should be expected

If you haven't seen it (I assume Wally does if absolutely no one else) then it kind of is.

Many random trainers use z moves outside the battle tree. That carrying over to the tree itself should be expected
Ah, well. Regardless, Z-Moves are there and I saw a Trainer use Z-Work Up to get a +2 Attack and +1 Special Attack boost.

So the only version exclusive is UBs 2 and 4
You can swap dimensions through a ultra wormhole in the post game allowing you to catch the other Pokemon unavailable in the main story
Credit for this is Pokemon_PhD on Twitter

So the only version exclusive is UBs 2 and 4
You can swap dimensions through a ultra wormhole in the post game allowing you to catch the other Pokemon unavailable in the main story
Credit for this is Pokemon_PhD on Twitter
Then why are there version exclusives in the first place?! o-o;;

There's the Battle Royale Dome too, remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)