Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LF: dope hidden ability pokemon--specifically rough skin gabite, regenerator mareanie, and snow warning vulpix

HAVE: marvel skin dratini

EVs are so-so as of now, but I'm working on breeding one with solid ones as we speak
I have all three of those. PM me so we can work something out

Does anyone have in gen 6
HA Chespin
HA Mudkip
HA Oshawatt
HA Tepig
HA Anorith
HA Fennekin
HA Piplup
HA Turtwig
HA Treeko
HA Timid Zapdos
HA Bold Articuno
If so please PM me for offers.

Are there any natures for Kartana in demand besides Jolly/Adamant? Like is Timid Beast boost for speed a thing?
I asked about timid for the analysis, apparently it's not worth the drop in power, which is fair. I guess it might be worth SRing for in case Kartana gets super-high base power moves come gen 8, but that's a silly way of looking at it.

---------------------
Still looking for a ditto with 30 in sp.atk if anyone has one. I probably won't have time to check tomorrow :(

Looking For:
Moon Ball Totodile
Moon Ball Jangmo-o
Moon Ball Trapinch
Friend Ball Trapinch
Fast Ball Growlithe

Haves:
Nest Ball Chikorita
Luxury Ball Cyndaquil
Dive/Love/Great Ball Totodile
Friend Ball Snivy
Luxury Ball Tepig
Dive/Moon Ball Oshawott
Love/Moon/Friend Ball Eevee
Moon Ball Bagon

PM me.

Last edited:
Do i have to apply for a trade thread or do i need a certain number of posts in order to open one? Currently, it just says that i have 'insufficient privileges' to make a new thread.

Last edited:
#799 Guzzlord [Sassy]
IVs: 29 / 31 / 31 / 28 / 27, 28 / 31

yeah I know 31 IV on a 43 base speed mon but do you think this is a personal keeper or no

I was hunting for a Modest one but this Sassy lardball is the first one I caught and it seems passable

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
#799 Guzzlord [Sassy]

yeah I know 31 IV on a 43 base speed mon but do you think this is a personal keeper or no

I was hunting for a Modest one but this Sassy lardball is the first one I caught and it seems passable
Toss, the stat that is boosted by the nature (Special defense in this case) should be 31, if you want it for Trade Value as untouched.
If you're just gonna level it to 100 and Hyper Train it, you shouldn't settle for a nature that you weren't synching for, unless it's a nature that's particularly useful. I don't necessarily think Sassy is useless on Guzzlord, but it seems quite niche on it compared to something like Modest, Brave and Quiet

Hi, do anyone have a spare male 5IV (31/31/31/xx/31/31) from the flying and/or field group? I got real tired of sos battles so no have any good pokemon to breed for exchanges :c

If it helps I have couple beast ball pokemon that I got from wonder trade (honedge, litwick, grubbin, gible HA, alola vulpix HA, dewpider) and moon ball Rockruff.

#799 Guzzlord [Sassy]

31 on a Speed hindering nature automatically makes it a toss. Not to mention it's not the nature you were aiming for so why settle on it... (personally don't think Modest is that great on it when Beast Boost will go to waste, but that's your decision)

31 on a Speed hindering nature automatically makes it a toss. Not to mention it's not the nature you were aiming for so why settle on it... (personally don't think Modest is that great on it when Beast Boost will go to waste, but that's your decision)
I wouldn't say that 31 spe on spe reducing nature makes it a toss. Like for Celesteela I have 31 speed Sassy. I don't wanna use it for trick room, and there are still things it can outspeed with a lv. 50 spe stat of 74

Was trying to offer someone some advice on reddit and realized I was woefully inept: what are some good strategies when you want to give something a turn to set up?

The situation in question: this guy wanted to try and use Klingklang. I noticed that Kling has a great setup move in Shift Gear, but probably rarely gets to use it because he's so slow. Obviously, Baton Passing some speed (banned in most metas) is a great choice, but what's the typical flow of the game that allows you to set up? Would status affliction/Volt Switch/U-Turn be better, since it doesn't require something else getting a speed boost first?

(I spend much too much time theorizing good move sets and next to no time actually battling, so I was a bit stumped.)

EDIT: This discussion made me realize that Klingklang AND Porygon might be great underneath Trick Room! Still would appreciate some tips as to how to give another 'Mon a free turn to set up.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that makes it a toss by having 31 on speed reducing. Like for Celesteela I have 31 speed Sassy
If you're going Speed-hindering, usually you want to go as slow as possible for Trick Room and/or maximizing Gyro Ball's power. Since the Guzzlord in question is just for personal use it really doesn't matter so long as he's happy with it, but I personally would have just reset and tried again.

If you're going Speed-hindering, usually you want to go as slow as possible for Trick Room and/or maximizing Gyro Ball's power. Since the Guzzlord in question is just for personal use it really doesn't matter so long as he's happy with it, but I personally would have just reset and tried again.
I mean when you're Celesteela you have Heavy slam so gyro ball isn't necessary. Like I went zero spe on Guzzlord but not Celesteela. Like the more I think about it the more sense it would have made to go 0 spe but I feel like even with the 31 it's still tradable

Last edited:
Was trying to offer someone some advice on reddit and realized I was woefully inept: what are some good strategies when you want to give something a turn to set up?

The situation in question: this guy wanted to try and use Klingklang. I noticed that Kling has a great setup move in Shift Gear, but probably rarely gets to use it because he's so slow. Obviously, Baton Passing some speed (banned in most metas) is a great choice, but what's the typical flow of the game that allows you to set up? Would status affliction/Volt Switch/U-Turn be better, since it doesn't require something else getting a speed boost first?

(I spend much too much time theorizing good move sets and next to no time actually battling, so I was a bit stumped.)
Generally the best time to try and set up is when you can predict a switch or aren't worried about whats in front of you hitting you hard or using status moves/taunt. If boosting speed it's also smart to use the speed boosting move (dragon dance, shift gear, agility, rock polish etc) first if you're sure you can survive whatever the target is hitting you with and you can outspeed it after the boost. This allows you to basically go twice since you'll be faster than your target on the next turn.

Klinklang isnt that slow. At max speed, after one Shift Gear it can outrun anything in the game that isn't boosted or scarfed. It also has good bulk which should give it a chance to use Shift Gear at some point. The problem with Klinklang is that it's weak to very common Fire/Fighting/Ground moves and it has a horrible movepool. This cuts any sweeping attempt short.

Looking for:
Choice Band
Choice Scarf
Choice Specs
Assault Vest
HA Mareanie
HA A-Vulpix
HA A-Geodude

I have:
Evolution stones
Leftovers
Black Sludge
Life Orb
Eviolite
Apricorn Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)