Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the easiest way to check eggs shiny value now if you got a cartridge? I used to extract saves with PowerSaves in X&Y but they are encrypted now, anyone got a workaround?
The easiest way to check SVs on gen 7 is definitely with the Homebrew Application + KeySAV which allows you to check an entire savefile in an instant. You could also make use of the Battle Video exploit which works so long as you have internet access or a second console ( this method, however, is slower and requires more setup to be used ). You can follow this guide on reddit to find the method that best suits your needs.

Alternatively, you could use our SV Checking and Reference thread and I'm sure somebody would be willing to check your ESVs for you if you cannot find a way to do it yourself.

The easiest way to check SVs on gen 7 is definitely with homebrew + KeySAV which allows you to check an entire savefile in an instant. You could make use of the Battle Video exploit which works so long as you have internet access or a second console ( this method, however, is slower and requires more setup to be used ). You can follow this guide on reddit to find the method that suits you best.

Alternatively, you could use our SV Checking and Reference thread and I'm sure somebody would be willing to check your ESVs for you if you cannot find a way to do it yourself.
Yeah I really don't want to use Battle video, I got my old 3DS but never done homebrew before, any tips on a good guide for it?

Last edited:
0 Atk Liepard Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan-Mega: 79-94 (43.6 - 51.9%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Choice Band Liepard Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan-Mega: 118-141 (65.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Does a Choice Band Foul Play actually deal more damage?

what would be an cool matching ball for dragonite?
I prefer Moon Ball thematically, even if it doesn't match the color scheme perfectly.
upload_2017-1-4_9-59-16.png

The moon matches Dragonite's color pretty well, and there are little yellow moon animations when it's sent out.
I think Fast Ball is a decent match but I'm not a fan of how in battle, the ball is much more red.

anyone who has an fast ball dratino or evo for me evs nature etc are irrelevant ofcourse you get something good back in return

I wish you could buy a razor claw lmao, it would make sense if the item was actually in the battle tree; at least my grinding would go somewhere lmao. Gamefreak doesn't want you to have a weavile.

Also Unknown, if the offer still stands i'd totally love to obtain one. Thanks to Vaporeon, I've gotten a deep jump start on a bunch of ev training i've been wanting to do. Nothin' impressive in terms of IV's, but i've been having fun catching a bunch of different natured syncho abra's and catching pokemon of favorable natures (and legendaries, i can't believe after following competitive pokemon for 9 years I'd have started synchoing azelf's instead of soft-reseting for hours on end)

0 Atk Liepard Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan-Mega: 79-94 (43.6 - 51.9%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Choice Band Liepard Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kangaskhan-Mega: 118-141 (65.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Does a Choice Band Foul Play actually deal more damage?
In theory it shouldn't, seeing as foul play uses the attack stat of the opponent. I believe that this is just some lazy coding within the calculator itself (no offence), it's coded to say that you get an increased amount of damage on any move that is a physical attack, however I could be wrong.

I prefer Moon Ball thematically, even if it doesn't match the color scheme perfectly.
How does Moon Ball match thematically? It was originally for things that evolve via the Moon Stone; you can reasonably extend it to anything that has some kind of association with the Moon and, by extension/a little less reasonably, nighttime (things that appear only or more commonly at night in the wild, for example). Dragonite's line doesn't meet any of those criteria.

Dive Ball and Lure Ball (and Net, to a lesser extent) make the most sense thematically, IMO, because of how/where the line is found in the wild. Heavy Ball also works well, because Dragonite is heavy enough to trigger the catch-rate bonus from it. Aesthetically, I think Premier and Luxury both work despite not matching its color scheme.

How does Moon Ball match thematically? It was originally for things that evolve via the Moon Stone; you can reasonably extend it to anything that has some kind of association with the Moon and, by extension/a little less reasonably, nighttime (things that appear only or more commonly at night in the wild, for example). Dragonite's line doesn't meet any of those criteria.

Dive Ball and Lure Ball (and Net, to a lesser extent) make the most sense thematically, IMO, because of how/where the line is found in the wild. Heavy Ball also works well, because Dragonite is heavy enough to trigger the catch-rate bonus from it. Aesthetically, I think Premier and Luxury both work despite not matching its color scheme.
I dont get the heavyball tough that ball looks terrible on dragonite its in the top 5 worst possible balls if you ask me

anyone who has an fast ball dratino or evo for me evs nature etc are irrelevant ofcourse you get something good back in return
I can if you don't mind the fact that I cloned the balls used to catch the parent.

I wish you could buy a razor claw lmao, it would make sense if the item was actually in the battle tree; at least my grinding would go somewhere lmao. Gamefreak doesn't want you to have a weavile.

Also Unknown, if the offer still stands i'd totally love to obtain one. Thanks to Vaporeon, I've gotten a deep jump start on a bunch of ev training i've been wanting to do. Nothin' impressive in terms of IV's, but i've been having fun catching a bunch of different natured syncho abra's and catching pokemon of favorable natures (and legendaries, i can't believe after following competitive pokemon for 9 years I'd have started synchoing azelf's instead of soft-reseting for hours on end)
Got anything interesting/interesting breedjects?

Just bred a perfect Muk-A for battle, ev and all, noticed now that Shadow Sneak is an eggmove... Anyone got a Muk-A spitback with Shadow Sneak? ^^

So I gave it some more thought, and I for some reason just associate Dragonite with night time. I didn't really know the exact reason for this, but maybe it's just that I probably just associate Dragonite with night because of how its name is phonetically.

Since there's no canon reason for it, you can decide that this is nonsense and use a different ball if you like :)

So I gave it some more thought, and I for some reason just associate Dragonite with night time. I didn't really know the exact reason for this, but maybe it's just that I probably just associate Dragonite with night because of how its name is phonetically.

Since there's no canon reason for it, you can decide that this is nonsense and use a different ball if you like :)
maybe because of the anime episode mystery at the lighthouse?

maybe because of the anime episode mystery at the lighthouse?
I'm not sure if I actually watched that episode, but kind of in that vein, Dragonite is a legendary sea dragon, and I personally only imagine those coming out during night time, even if the game mechanics don't reflect that.

Just bred a perfect Muk-A for battle, ev and all, noticed now that Shadow Sneak is an eggmove... Anyone got a Muk-A spitback with Shadow Sneak? ^^
I have some and can help.

For anyone, I'm looking for a zero speed IV ditto or 0 speed porygon or modest/brave ditto.

Offering apricot balls
Pokedex completion (scizor, weavile, not many legends though)
Spit backs, most have egg moves/hidden ability if good:
Grimer shadow sneak, curse
Roggenrolla 0 speed, wide guard, heavy slam
Shellos 0 speed, stockpile
Grubbin 0 speed
Makuhita 0 speed
Cubone
Beldum
Sandshrew ha egg moves(?)
Psyduck
Vulpix ha encore, moonblast, freeze dry, disable
Aero dactyl tailwind, wide guard
Mimikyu (not my breed, wonder trade)

I can make oshawatt, Dieno, togepi eggs too.

Last edited:
Hey there.
LF:
GEN 6 - Timid, 5IV Vivillons (Sun and Archipelago) in cool balls to finish my collection
- Great ball female Totodile
Can breed a lot of mons for these. PM me for my list.

GEN 7 - Lucky eggs and Ganlon berry
I can offer Starf and Lansat berries or some spitbacks.

PM me if you can help.
Bump. I can trade Dewpider (Lure ball, adamant, 5IVs, 2 egg moves) and Komala (Heavy ball, careful, 5IVs, 4 egg moves) for the Vivillons (females if possible), Totodile and the Lucky eggs.
Also looking for a Safari ball Lotad on Gen6.

btw anyone anny idea how to get loads of festival coins?

some talk about 5k an hour but they are liesrs lol
They aren't (I used the method).
This works best if you have a festival plaza buff (pretty good or good)
- Talk to everyone with a red speech bubble above their head solving their problems (on pretty good buff, this is about 200-400FC for one lap, taking like 2-3 minutes)
- WITHOUT EXITING THE PLAZA connect to internet (eg: via wondertrade), you get asked to save, save, then exit the menu
- Soft reset
- Everyone in the plaza will have their red speech bubbles again
- Rince and repeat

It's how I got from Plaza lv.47 to 102 in about an hour and a half. The way this works is that the plaza visitors data is only saved if saved from the main game, whereas FC and stuff can be saved from within the plaza.
It's a good trick.

They aren't (I used the method).
This works best if you have a festival plaza buff (pretty good or good)
- Talk to everyone with a red speech bubble above their head solving their problems (on pretty good buff, this is about 200-400FC for one lap, taking like 2-3 minutes)
- WITHOUT EXITING THE PLAZA connect to internet (eg: via wondertrade), you get asked to save, save, then exit the menu
- Soft reset
- Everyone in the plaza will have their red speech bubbles again
- Rince and repeat

It's how I got from Plaza lv.47 to 102 in about an hour and a half. The way this works is that the plaza visitors data is only saved if saved from the main game, whereas FC and stuff can be saved from within the plaza.
It's a good trick.
I saw that trick but 5k an hour is redicules I tried that method for a bit and didnt even got close to 1000 an hour

and 200 400 a lap?

laps in my game never even gave me much more then 100

so lets say i got 150 and that is high and I use that trick and it takes like 5 minutes a round thats only 1200

I saw that trick but 5k an hour is redicules I tried that method for a bit and didnt even got close to 1000 an hour

and 200 400 a lap?

laps in my game never even gave me much more then 100

so lets say i got 150 and that is high and I use that trick and it takes like 5 minutes a round thats only 1200
Yeah, but are you using plaza buffs? pretty good = 4x FC from guests, good = 3x (and decent = 2x).
Some guests gave me 180FC (4x45) with one question during my run (with the best buff).
You can get them from Fortune Tellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)