Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone donate me a Choice Band and/or Maranga Berry? I can't seem to find any on Poni island and I haven't even started for BPs

Actually, it appears likely that anything that has an Alolan final form but the same initial form as usual will evolve into the Alolan variant if it evolves in SM, as absolutely nonsensical and ridiculous as that is.
I don't know but in the specific case of Cubone would be bad 'cause its final form won't have access to some tutor moves such as stealth rock. Also, Heavy Ball Beldum is actually impossible to catch 'till the Pokémon Bank will be released. At that point we'll be able to catch a Heavy Ball Beldum using a Bronzong that has its own Hidden Ability (Heavy Metal) which doubles its weight then we only need to Skill Swap it.
I'm not sure if the item Iron Ball can affect the weight of Beldum in some way after the Pokémon got the benefits of the Skill Swapped Heavy Metal, but I'm 100% sure that an item can be tricked to wild Beldum(s) 'cause they have the 5% to hold a Metal Coat.

I don't know but in the specific case of Cubone would be bad 'cause its final form won't have access to some tutor moves such as stealth rock. Also, Heavy Ball Beldum is actually impossible to catch 'till the Pokémon Bank will be released. At that point we'll be able to catch a Heavy Ball Beldum using a Bronzong that has its own Hidden Ability (Heavy Metal) which doubles its weight then we only need to Skill Swap it.
I'm not sure if the item Iron Ball can affect the weight of Beldum in some way after the Pokémon got the benefits of the Skill Swapped Heavy Metal, but I'm 100% sure that an item can be tricked to wild Beldum(s) 'cause they have the 5% to hold a Metal Coat.
where do you get the idea from heavy ball beldum is impossible now? its not

ddue to beldums weight the heavyball would only have the catchrate of an standard pokeball but its not impossible at all even a beastball gible is possible

you can catch every pokemon that cna be cought in sun and moon in heavy balls even the ultra beasts and the legends

Last edited:
where do you get the idea from heavy ball beldum is impossible now? its not

ddue to beldums weight the heavyball would only have the catchrate of an standard pokeball but its not impossible at all even a beastball gible is possible

you can catch every pokemon that cna be cought in sun and moon in ultra balls even the ultra beasts and the legends
It's actually -20 since it's just too light. With base catchvalue of ~4.7 that theoretically boils down to -16 CatchValue (ie: impossible).
That said, there seems to be some evidence of it not allowing you to go below 0, but we don't know what value it caps at. Heavy Ball Beldum could be anywhere between 0.01% catchrate or lower.

I'm fairly sure abilities and held items don't affect the Heavy Ball's catch rate.

It's actually -20 since it's just too light. With base catchvalue of ~4.7 that theoretically boils down to -16 CatchValue (ie: impossible).
That said, there seems to be some evidence of it not allowing you to go below 0, but we don't know what value it caps at. Heavy Ball Beldum could be anywhere between 0.01% catchrate or lower.

I'm fairly sure abilities and held items don't affect the Heavy Ball's catch rate.
still possible and I dont believe its that low the beastballs are possible too and im 99% surtre heavyball would just be like an general pokeball in that case too bad I dont have 100 or so of them because I ould catch it and proof it but im not gonna look for 100 beldums throw my 1 bal on it and look again that would take ages:P

still possible and I dont believe its that low the beastballs are possible too and im 99% surtre heavyball would just be like an general pokeball in that case too bad I dont have 100 or so of them because I ould catch it and proof it but im not gonna look for 100 beldums throw my 1 bal on it and look again that would take ages:P
It's mathematics, you can believe whatever you want but it's mathematics.

Beast ball doesn't actually make the CatchValue negative, though. Only Heavy Ball does this.
I used an (injected but legal post-Poké Bank) Skill Swap Harvest Exeggutor and an A-Marowak to keep the Beldum alive indefinitely. I caught the Beast Ball Beldum is ~75 balls. By comparison, I chucked 300 Heavy Ball and it didn't even shake once.
I've seen various values. All the online catchrate calculators actually give impossible values for the Heavy Ball.

Actually, it appears likely that anything that has an Alolan final form but the same initial form as usual will evolve into the Alolan variant if it evolves in SM, as absolutely nonsensical and ridiculous as that is.
I know it's not 100% accurate but serebii says on its pokedex pages that pokemon caught in alola or bred from Alolan parents will evolve into the Alola form. From a programming standpoint this wouldn't be too difficult and it would certainly solve the issue Drakero brought up about move incompatibility...but again we won't know for sure until we can transfer

its not for the simple reason you dont know how it is programmed

in theory some things could worrk but when tried in relaity they dont.
But we do:

CatchValue = ((( 3 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * (Catch Rate * Ball Modifier ) / (3 * Max HP) ) * Status Modifier
Catch = 1048560 / √(√(16711680 / CatchValue)) = (2^20 - 2^4) / √(√((2^24 - 2^16) / CatchValue))
Source

We're just not quite sure what happens when the CatchValue actually goes in the negative and what the floor would be.

----

Just ran some tests:

Lv.27 Beldum with 1/66 HP, Paralysed:

Beast Ball: CatchValue = (((3*66-2*1)*(3*0.1)/(3*66))*1,5) = 0.45
Heavy Ball: CatchValue = (((3*66-2*1)*(3*1)/(3*66))*1,5) -20 = -15.5

Last edited:
But we do:

CatchValue = ((( 3 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * (Catch Rate * Ball Modifier ) / (3 * Max HP) ) * Status Modifier
Catch = 1048560 / √(√(16711680 / CatchValue)) = (2^20 - 2^4) / √(√((2^24 - 2^16) / CatchValue))
Source

We're just not quite sure what happens when the CatchValue actually goes in the negative and what the floor would be.
and that is the part I mean we dont know how it is programmed for negative values so while in theory it shoudlnt be possible in reality it MIGHT work anyway

Maranga berry can be found at the tree on route 10, not poni island!
Actually it's found in Poni Wilds Plains, the one you're thinking of is Kee berry.
Curiously, Maranga, Kee and Apicot Berry only appeared for me after fighting a Crabrawler. If no Crabrawler, they didn't seem to spawn, ever. Speaking of a couple of hours of experience SR'ing at Poni Wild Plains and Secret Shore tree.

this question may be weird but what is the correct way to spell nuke' em

I want to use it as a nickname for a pokemon but I want to do it right

I believe this is the thread that I might get help out of.
I've been trying to breed a Magnemite with HP Fire. In theory, it doesn't sound too hard, since HP Fire is just 31/30/31/30/31/30, but I've been trying 5ever and still haven't gotten any closer to that particular spread than 31/X/X/30/X/X. I'm also out of box space now. Anyone willing to help out?
I have stuff like:
Hidden Ability Dratini (4 IVs)
Nasty Plot Togepi, Bold (4/5 IVs)
Belly Drum Marill, Adamant (4/5 IVs) (caught in a beast ball if that's your thing)
Calm Klefki with 31 across the board, 30 in HP. EV trained, although the spread is split between SpD and SpA with HP maxed.
4 IV Ditto, though I'm loathe to give this up since it really boosts the time it takes to breed an acceptable pokemon.

EDIT: Just in case it helps speed up the process, my FC is 4828 6500 0999

Last edited:
I believe this is the thread that I might get help out of.
I've been trying to breed a Magnemite with HP Fire. In theory, it doesn't sound too hard, since HP Fire is just 31/30/31/30/31/30, but I've been trying 5ever and still haven't gotten any closer to that particular spread than 31/X/X/30/X/X. I'm also out of box space now. Anyone willing to help out?
I have stuff like:
Hidden Ability Dratini (4 IVs)
Nasty Plot Togepi, Bold (4/5 IVs)
Belly Drum Marill, Adamant (4/5 IVs) (caught in a beast ball if that's your thing)
Calm Klefki with 31 across the board, 30 in HP. EV trained, although the spread is split between SpD and SpA with HP maxed.
4 IV Ditto, though I'm loathe to give this up since it really boosts the time it takes to breed an acceptable pokemon.

EDIT: Just in case it helps speed up the process, my FC is 4828 6500 0999
Hi pal, I'm in the process on breeding HP Fire Modest Magnemites w/ Magnet Pull. If you can wait, I can trade you one for a Marill with Aqua Jet and Belpy Drum as EM. IVs don't matter much considering how easy it is to breed 5IV Physical Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)