The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

So, I've been playing around with the Battle Maison, and I'm still learning the ins and out of my new team (Mega Gardevoir-Weavile-Gastrodon-Scizor). After a poor prediction, I lose gardevoir on the first turn without Ko-ing a 'mon, and the best I can manage with the rest is just trading 1-1, leaving me with Scizor vs. Trevenant and Torterra. Scizor manages to kill torterra with a bug bite, but Trevanant uses Phantom Force. That's going to two-hit KO me, and I (correctly) thought that neither bullet punch or bug bite will OHKO Trevenant. So, needless to say, I'm feeling a little depressed as I pick the move Scizor will waste while Trevenant is in limbo, thinking, "Drat, protect is useless her-"

I feel the urge to dope slap myself. I forgot to teach Scizor protect, which means one of its old moves is still there. That move? Roost- The one move that would get me out of this mess*. Booh. Yeah.

*In hindsight, swords dance would also have worked if I'd overwritten Roost with superpower instead, but Roost was a more definitive solution, especially since it also healed life orb damage.

I used Dusk Balls at night and used a Level 1 Capture O-Power to catch Deoxys at full health on the second Dusk Ball. Currently deciding what form I want to EV train it in.

It was in Y, the route with abras; First Pokémon I encounter and then successfully capture with a single great ball was a synchronize modest abra. I was prepared to spend hours trying to capture one because that's usually how long it would take me to do so.

I have less than 2 boxes of stuff in my PC, and I've gotten four critical captures so far. Guess I'm just lucky.
Hmm, I have slightly more Pokemon in my boxes (around two full boxes) but I still get critical captures left right and centre. Mabye they increased the chance for them?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
The critical capture ratio is/was (idk if they changed it in S/M) determined by the amount of Pokemon you have registered as caught in the Pokedex. Since the National dex is currently non-existent in S/M, the CC rate should be based off the Alola dex, which means its going to be a slightly higher rate than previous games since the dex only has 300 Pokemon in it.

The critical capture ratio is/was (idk if they changed it in S/M) determined by the amount of Pokemon you have registered as caught in the Pokedex. Since the National dex is currently non-existent in S/M, the CC rate should be based off the Alola dex, which means its going to be a slightly higher rate than previous games since the dex only has 300 Pokemon in it.
Ah, so it goes off my 58-something rather than my box and a half.

Wonder if they'll change this when Bank comes in.

Sometime this month.

I don't reaaaally want to ruin your day, but... Pheromosa has the same catch rate as Magikarp and Rattata.
now i feel less happy thx for telling me this tough but why would they give him such a loe catch rate i mean he is a "ultra Beast"

Fun thing about this is that due to how catch rates work and because the Beast Ball has a 5X catch rate on Ultra Beasts, this means chucking the Beast Ball on turn 1 without doing anything is a guaranteed capture.

Pheromosa in Moon and Kartana in Sun have high catch rates because there's four of them you must capture, thus they tried to make catching them as painless as possible.
That is nice but having to catch 4 means it isn't so bad if u didn't save and you caught a gentle Kartana or such besides kartana and Guzzlord are my favorites so having 4 kartanas with different sets could have its advantages to trick up ur friends still haven't caught all of them but i got sun used with all of them caught except they released celesteela and i have been using a stocksubs set on him to good effect with crunch and heavy slam for attacking and obviosly leftovers

That is nice but having to catch 4 means it isn't so bad if u didn't save and you caught a gentle Kartana or such besides kartana and Guzzlord are my favorites so having 4 kartanas with different sets could have its advantages to trick up ur friends still haven't caught all of them but i got sun used with all of them caught except they released celesteela and i have been using a stocksubs set on him to good effect with crunch and heavy slam for attacking and obviosly leftovers
But why wouldn't one save before trying to catch something? Especially Ultra Beasts, which will never leave the areas they were spotted in. (until you've caught them all, anyway) Maybe it's that I'm trying to at least get good natures on them and won't accept anything but the nature my fainted Synch has + the guaranteed flawless stats where they're most useful. (or HP Ice with my second Xurkitree, which I'm quite proud of despite less-than-stellar IV's in Special Attack and Speed)

But why wouldn't one save before trying to catch something? Especially Ultra Beasts, which will never leave the areas they were spotted in. (until you've caught them all, anyway) Maybe it's that I'm trying to at least get good natures on them and won't accept anything but the nature my fainted Synch has + the guaranteed flawless stats where they're most useful. (or HP Ice with my second Xurkitree, which I'm quite proud of despite less-than-stellar IV's in Special Attack and Speed)
fair point and personally i do this but while im here how do you get psychium z i wanted to do the xurkitree hypnosis set but can't find it for some reason

In Pokemon Moon, I beat the Totem Salazzle when my last Pokemon (a Magnemite) survived a Flame Burst with 1 HP thanks to Sturdy, got a critical hit with Charge Beam, and then defeated the ally Salandit because he repeatedly used Toxic. Earlier that day I caught a shiny Alolan Rattata.
wouldn't toxic just poison magnemite because of corrosion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)