Tournament OM Grand Slam II

by h_n_g_m_n

Welcome to the second installment of the Other Metagames Grand Slam! This competition is based on the Smogon Grand Slam, which you can read about here. Basically, the Grand Slam is a series of smaller tournaments (called Opens) where battlers gain points as they progress past each round. After the last Open ends, the 8 players with the most points advance to a final tournament. Here they battle in a best-of-five until only one person remains! And to up the stakes as much as possible, we're giving the winner of the OM Grand Slam their own banner as well as room voice in Other Metas!

The format consists of six separate tournaments: The Anything Goes Open, The Mix and Mega Open, The Sketchmons Open, The Monotype Open, The Almost Any Ability Open, and The Balanced Hackmons Open. You are allowed to join all six tournaments; however, only your five best runs will count towards your qualification.

Signups for each Open will be posted after the first round of the previous Open is completed. Here is the list of the six Opens and the dates each signups will be posted:
Any bans/unbans that occur during an Open will take affect the following round.

If you have questions, post them here. Also, this is not the sign-up thread, so you don't need to post "in." You sign-up for the Opens individually, which will all have their own separate threads posted in the Circuit Tournaments forum.

Good luck to all participants!!

Current Standings (updated weekly)

Last edited by a moderator:

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Kl4ng you better get in this, I want revenge.

All great events in history have been documented in writing. The Code of Hammurabi was one of the first legal documents. The Magna Carta was paramount to the foundation of democracy in the Western World. The Declaration of Independence divided rebels from tyranny while doubling as a conception of a world superpower.
Today, I'm here to establish, in writing, another event of utmost importance. It's impact in the community will overshadow any current global happenings, and even the champion of this glorious tournament. This event is a wager between Chloe., the famed AG champion and thief of metas owned by GoS, and myself, some random dude.
The rules are clear; whoever advances further in this tournament will be declared the winner.
The stakes couldn't be higher; the loser will post a well-written, publication-quality poem of a minimum 16 lines to this thread that acknowledges the beauty, grace, and all around superiority of the victor.
Let the wager commence. I wish you luck, stealer of metas.

I hope Chloe likes writing.
This shit will be easier than beating E4 Flint at anything

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kl4ng you better get in this, I want revenge.

All great events in history have been documented in writing. The Code of Hammurabi was one of the first legal documents. The Magna Carta was paramount to the foundation of democracy in the Western World. The Declaration of Independence divided rebels from tyranny while doubling as a conception of a world superpower.
Today, I'm here to establish, in writing, another event of utmost importance. It's impact in the community will overshadow any current global happenings, and even the champion of this glorious tournament. This event is a wager between Chloe., the famed AG champion and thief of metas owned by GoS, and myself, some random dude.
The rules are clear; whoever advances further in this tournament will be declared the winner.
The stakes couldn't be higher; the loser will post a well-written, publication-quality poem of a minimum 16 lines to this thread that acknowledges the beauty, grace, and all around superiority of the victor.
Let the wager commence. I wish you luck, stealer of metas.

I hope Chloe likes writing.
This shit will be easier than beating E4 Flint at anything
May I join on this bet so I can destroy chloe too?

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
idk gen 7 and I can only play anything goes, mix and mega, sketchmons, monotype, almost any ability & balanced hackmons so if anyone has any teams feel free to donate

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
me and my trademarked (who is thimo) Moody Glalie are gonna take AG by storm. Also just gonna abuse broken stuff for the other metas so like yeah lets hope for the best.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
idk gen 7 and I can only play anything goes, mix and mega, sketchmons, monotype, almost any ability & balanced hackmons so if anyone has any teams feel free to donate
Here are some teams for you to try, good luck in your wager!
ur actual shit @ shitface
Ability: shit eating
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
shit Nature
- shit throw
- shit blast
- shit punch
- shit force

u r the worst @ awful
Ability: being bad
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
bad Nature
- recover ur skill
- fling ur skill
- stealth skill
- u rlly just dont have skill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)