Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Any good fast Taunt users for Super Doubles? I sometimes feel the need to Taunt Dark-types like Umbreon and Thundurus's nerf doesn't help.

Just finished a 50 streak in Super Doubles for the first time. Had never done doubles before but thought I would like to try it. Basically used Pokemon I had from Singles but ended up working out alright. I did need to reference the movesets of enemy trainers to ensure some of my plays but I feel that is sometimes necessary.
Stopped after 50 but may try to ride it out with the team at some point:

<Lead>
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body -> Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

The lack of accuracy on his stab was frustrating to say the least, but often times Tapu could OHKO the threat. I would target the same pokemon with Metagross and hope that he would actually dent the other mon if possible.

<Lead>
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 31/xx/xx/31/xx/31
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Used Psychic 90% of the time even when T-Bolt/Shadow Ball were SE hits. Dazzling Gleam really Lacked in power and may just switch back to Moonblast even with the lack of spread damage. The ability to outspeed most of the Tree was great. Psychic Terrain made Psychics hit incredibly hard, along with Metagross's Zen Headbutts.

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Good switch in for ground moves aimed at Metagross and ghost moves aimed at both of my leads. Great type synergy with Tapu Lele specifically. The middling speed was frustrating but Modest is what I had bred for. He was in the to nuke someone with Devastrating Drake basically and Draco as needed after.

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Lunge
- Liquidation
- Crunch

Araquanid is such a fun pokemon and mainly just added because I love him. I took the Assault Vest idea from somewhere in this thread (sorry for lack of credit but happened awhile ago). Basically a safe switch for almost all special moves and liquidation hurts anything unresisted pretty bad. Leech Life was the other stab and added to his survivability. Lunge was situational when an Atk drop would benefit the rest of my team. Crunch was used exactly 0 times but don't know what else could go there.

I am very happy I was able to make a doubles run to 50 without going crazy breeding oddly specific pokemon for teams that relied specifically on Rain/Trick Room/etc. After I take a stab at Multi's I may try to make a more specific team but overall happy with this team.

Just finished a 50 streak in Super Doubles for the first time. Had never done doubles before but thought I would like to try it. Basically used Pokemon I had from Singles but ended up working out alright. I did need to reference the movesets of enemy trainers to ensure some of my plays but I feel that is sometimes necessary.
Stopped after 50 but may try to ride it out with the team at some point:

<Lead>
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body -> Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

The lack of accuracy on his stab was frustrating to say the least, but often times Tapu could OHKO the threat. I would target the same pokemon with Metagross and hope that he would actually dent the other mon if possible.

<Lead>
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 31/xx/xx/31/xx/31
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Used Psychic 90% of the time even when T-Bolt/Shadow Ball were SE hits. Dazzling Gleam really Lacked in power and may just switch back to Moonblast even with the lack of spread damage. The ability to outspeed most of the Tree was great. Psychic Terrain made Psychics hit incredibly hard, along with Metagross's Zen Headbutts.

Hydreigon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Good switch in for ground moves aimed at Metagross and ghost moves aimed at both of my leads. Great type synergy with Tapu Lele specifically. The middling speed was frustrating but Modest is what I had bred for. He was in the to nuke someone with Devastrating Drake basically and Draco as needed after.

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Lunge
- Liquidation
- Crunch

Araquanid is such a fun pokemon and mainly just added because I love him. I took the Assault Vest idea from somewhere in this thread (sorry for lack of credit but happened awhile ago). Basically a safe switch for almost all special moves and liquidation hurts anything unresisted pretty bad. Leech Life was the other stab and added to his survivability. Lunge was situational when an Atk drop would benefit the rest of my team. Crunch was used exactly 0 times but don't know what else could go there.

I am very happy I was able to make a doubles run to 50 without going crazy breeding oddly specific pokemon for teams that relied specifically on Rain/Trick Room/etc. After I take a stab at Multi's I may try to make a more specific team but overall happy with this team.
O hey, that's my team! Glad it could help you take the 50 :)

So... Bank came out yesterday and I decided to retake my previous team. I didn´t make any substantial changes other than moveset changes. Currently at 100 wins atm, will post more once I get over +250/300 wins. So far, I can say that Ice Punch / Iron Head / Thunder Punch Mega Metagross is a MASSIVE upgrade for my team.

Anyone used Suicune in singles yet? Have a Lv100 Bold Suicune w/Icy Wind waiting to be EV trained. Is the 236 HP / 212 DEF / 60 SPE still the optimal spread?

With the bank now open, is the general consensus that the speed/def Chansey with Minimize/Softboiled/Seismic Toss/Substitute going to be best, despite losing Toxic for it?
Yeah, the only Ghost that can boost its stats is Chandelure, which would be even easier to PP stall this generation since burn damage is nerfed and the opponent would switch it out once it runs out of Heat Wave PP. If I were going to go back and run a Chansey with no attacking moves I'd rather use Confide than Toxic and set Salamence up in more battles. Toxic is that bad.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only Ghost that can boost its stats is Chandelure, which would be even easier to PP stall this generation since burn damage is nerfed and the opponent would switch it out once it runs out of Heat Wave PP. If I were going to go back and run a Chansey with no attacking moves I'd rather use Confide than Toxic and set Salamence up in more battles. Toxic is that bad.
Alrighty, just making sure. I finished my coverting seismic toss to BB Chansey, so now I can have my triple BB setup. I already have gotten 10 perfect Bagon eggs hatched shiny on reddit, so it is time to get the rest.

Speaking of which, I was considering breeding shinies to help commemorate impressive streaks, as a trophy of sorts for people who accomplish things in the maison. I know that most people do it for themselves anyway, but thought it might be nice to recognize the people who put in a lot of effort.

I was trying to figure out the 10 most valuable breedable pokemon for the Battle Maison.

This is where my list sits so far:

Setup Megas: Gyarados/Scizor/Salamence
Setup Non-Mega: Dragonite
Defensive Stalwarts: Chansey/Gliscor/Toxapex
Multi-talented/God-tier Typing Stat Stick: Aegislash
Offensively Dominant: Greninja(Protean)/Garchomp

Do these seem like the best 10 breedables for the Maison outside of the gimmick strategies? I figure using them as trophies for streaks would be fun.

So now that we have Bank are there any interesting Z-moves and the like that people want to try? I'm looking at Baton Pass right now, because I thought Quiver Pass or the like might be viable. Venomoth seems a bit better than Ribombee for it, although the immunity is nice if you don't plan to lead with it. The other good option is Speed Boost BP, but I'm not sure what the ideal set looks like.

I'm also thinking about the weirder Z-moves. I was specifically looking at Z-Mirror Move. It performs the Z-move version of the opponent's attack and also boosts Attack by 2. If you ran a set-up with Blaziken, Protect/Sub/Z-Mirror Move/BP could be pretty viable I think. Protect the first turn, then Sub if you see a status move or Z-Mirror Move if you can set up on them. I also incidentally had a Dodrio bred already and was thinking about the boost to speed it has this gen. Knock Off/Jump Kick/Return and Knock Off/Jump Kick/Brave Bird both have perfect coverage in the tree. I don't really think Dodrio would be viable, but I'm just tooling around with stuff now that Bank is out and it seems decent, especially since Knock Off will almost always narrow the possible sets down to 1. It does suck that Knock Off doesn't work on Mega Stones or Z-Crystals though.

Edit: Looking at the list of Z-Status moves, Z-Sleep Powder and Z-Haze seem generally useful. Also, do people think Power Herb Geomancy Baton Pass Smeargle would be useable?

Also, what about Z-Purify for doubles?

Last edited:
Speaking of weirder Z-moves, I tried out Z-Destiny Bond Sharpedo as a lead in doubles. The idea was to send it out alongside a setup sweeper (I chose M-Lucario), double protect turn 1 to get the speed boost, then Z-Destiny Bond with Sharpedo turn 2 (makes it the center of attention) and boost with the other Pokemon. Sharpedo ideally goes down and takes out an enemy Pokemon along with it, and I bring in Mat Block Greninja to get another round of boosts, leaving me with a +4 M-Lucario ready to blow stuff up.

In practice it didn't work at all because I didn't realize you couldn't choose a target with Destiny Bond. It also loses to enemy Pokemon that boost their speed beyond Sharpedo (i.e. Shell Smash Barbaracle), teams that status Lucario, spread moves (EQ), and teams that ignore Sharpedo completely. I lost on battle 10 to Wally, lol.

In your original post, the fast Chansey spread was 4/244/4/252, which you said you might want to reduce speed simply to not tie with so many at 112.

If you reduce the speed to 244, 111 has only one person there, Clawitzer 4. Where do you put the last 8 points? One more in HP puts her at 327, this gives a slightly better roundup to Softboiled while still being one short of a multiple of 4, possibly ideal for the combination of softboiled and substitute. The other option would be either defense.

A third option is, if dropping 8 points in speed, you can consider dropping the 4 points in HP to drop to 325. What this does is allows you the spread of 244/20/244. This gives 1 less speed, 1 less HP, for a gain of 2 special defense, which translates to 3 with eviolite, while also still placing you at an odd HP number. This seems *probably* like the slightly better blanket option, but who knows?

Which would you do in that case?

Last edited:
Any good fast Taunt users for Super Doubles? I sometimes feel the need to Taunt Dark-types like Umbreon and Thundurus's nerf doesn't help.
I've been using focus sash Salazzle lead for my streak that just broke 100. Taunt and Encore make intriguing options against any status move abusing pokes. Gotta decide if fake out is a better option than either now that bank is here.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone used Suicune in singles yet? Have a Lv100 Bold Suicune w/Icy Wind waiting to be EV trained. Is the 236 HP / 212 DEF / 60 SPE still the optimal spread?
Nope, Garchomp4 no longer has 169 speed and honestly the extra HP/Defense would be helpful in beating Mega-Metagross:

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 236 HP / 212+ Def Suicune: 66-78 (32.1 - 38%) -- 0.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(66, 66, 67, 67, 69, 69, 70, 70, 72, 72, 73, 73, 75, 75, 76, 78)

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 64-76 (30.9 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
(64, 64, 66, 66, 67, 67, 69, 69, 70, 70, 72, 72, 73, 73, 75, 76)

It's minor, but it matters, where Garchomp4 does not anymore.

Daytime Lycanroc wasting its Z-move on my weakened Vikavolt rather than my Pokemon at full health.
Well, be thankful for the AI wasting their nukes like Electivire did, because that does you a big favor in the long run. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :P

Speaking of which, I was initially concerned about Z moves hitting through Protect, for Aron's sake; I had wanted to abuse that tactic again, but my kneejerk reaction was that it was hindered a little bit. In hindsight that may be a benefit of sorts, because eating a Z move no matter what still means it's taking a nuke that could otherwise be directed toward a setter.

As for Tyrantrum, not only are there a lot of "defensive" sets created for pokes that are far better at boosting/attacking... it's funny you called out Tyrantrum of all things, because its final fourth moveset (and, previously, the one people most commonly faced) is not only engineered towards attacking, it was one of the more notorious offensive threats. It has both a Choice Band plus Head Smash and uses that move almost exclusively.

You will be thankful for the instances you fight any of Tyrantrum's sets besides that one.

Last edited:
In your original post, the fast Chansey spread was 4/244/4/252, which you said you might want to reduce speed simply to not tie with so many at 112.

If you reduce the speed to 244, 111 has only one person there, Clawitzer 4. Where do you put the last 8 points? One more in HP puts her at 327, this gives a slightly better roundup to Softboiled while still being one short of a multiple of 4, possibly ideal for the combination of softboiled and substitute. The other option would be either defense.

A third option is, if dropping 8 points in speed, you can consider dropping the 4 points in HP to drop to 325. What this does is allows you the spread of 244/20/244. This gives 1 less speed, 1 less HP, for a gain of 2 special defense, which translates to 3 with eviolite, while also still placing you at an odd HP number. This seems *probably* like the slightly better blanket option, but who knows?

Which would you do in that case?
As it turns out, the one I'd been using looks like it has 4 Special Attack EVs because it is somehow rocket science for me to give anything an EV spread that has doesn't have 252 in any one stat on this game. I've only had Chansey faint in the Tree as a direct consequence of not having Seismic Toss (either due to a prior misplay opening things up for a Toxic-immune Swords Dance user to sweep or Chansey running out of PP before it could stall out 2 or 3 consecutive Toxic-immune Pokemon) so that last point or two is not going to make or break you. I guess if there's a one vs. all damage calculator you could look at the stuff that does right around 25% and put the remainder in Defense or Special Defense based on what threatened your other two team members more. 244 Def /20 Sp. Def/ 244 Spe is probably fine since either Salamence and Aegislash can eventually set up on any physical attacker that can't boost.

For me, I just find it much faster to bring Chansey in on Mega Garchomp when it's at -2 or -3 and stall it out of Earthquake for Aegislash to set up (as opposed to switching back and forth between Salamence and Aegislash, having Mence take Sandstorm damage every time, having the Intimidate message play 10 times, having to keep track of how many times Garchomp used Sandstorm vs. Earthquake against Aegislash, etc.), and not speed tying means I don't have to worry about Garchomp moving twice in a row to break Chansey's Sub and crit it the following turn.

Last edited:
As it turns out, the one I'd been using looks like it has 4 Special Attack EVs because it is somehow rocket science to give anything an EV spread that has doesn't have 252 in any one stat. I've only had Chansey faint in the Tree as a direct consequence of not having Seismic Toss (either due to a prior misplay opening things up for a Toxic-immune Swords Dance user to sweep or Chansey running out of PP before it could stall out 2 or 3 consecutive Toxic-immune Pokemon) so that last point or two is not going to make or break you. I guess if there's a one vs. all damage calculator you could look at the stuff that does right around 25% and put the remainder in Defense or Special Defense based on what threatened your other two team members more. 244 Def /20 Sp. Def/ 244 Spe is probably fine since either Salamence and Aegislash can eventually set up on any physical attacker that can't boost.

For me, I just find it much faster to bring Chansey in on Mega Garchomp when it's at -2 or -3 and stall it out of Earthquake for Aegislash to set up (as opposed to switching back and forth between Salamence and Aegislash, having Mence take Sandstorm damage every time, having the Intimidate message play 10 times, having to keep track of how many times Garchomp used Sandstorm vs. Earthquake against Aegislash, etc.), and not speed tying means I don't have to worry about Garchomp moving twice in a row to break Chansey's Sub and crit it the following turn.
Yeah, I mostly assume it doesn't matter, but I figured theorycraft being what it is...

I am done hatching shiny Bagons on reddit.

I have 20 or so Jolly 5+IV Flawless Bagon eggs that are going in the reject bin. If anyone would like one, either in egg form or in hatched form, please let me know. They are totally free. Just send me a message.

Now, on to Chansey.

Speaking of which, I was considering breeding shinies to help commemorate impressive streaks, as a trophy of sorts for people who accomplish things in the maison. I know that most people do it for themselves anyway, but thought it might be nice to recognize the people who put in a lot of effort.

I was trying to figure out the 10 most valuable breedable pokemon for the Battle Maison.

This is where my list sits so far:

Setup Megas: Gyarados/Scizor/Salamence
Setup Non-Mega: Dragonite
Defensive Stalwarts: Chansey/Gliscor/Toxapex
Multi-talented/God-tier Typing Stat Stick: Aegislash
Offensively Dominant: Greninja(Protean)/Garchomp

Do these seem like the best 10 breedables for the Maison outside of the gimmick strategies? I figure using them as trophies for streaks would be fun.
i want to suggest aron lol

Thanks to the release of Bank, I was able to reach 100 wins in Super Doubles. This is an ongoing streak. Here's the team (2 of which are from Bank and another that was bred from a Bank 'mon).

Illumise (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Prankster / Relaxed
Level: 1
IVs: Random
EVs: None
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand
- Rain Dance
- Light Screen

Illumise, with Prankster and the protection of Psychic Terrain, is ALWAYS able to pull off a Tailwind. I previously experimented with a normal Whimsicott and found that I was troubled by opposing Tailwind teams as well as Trick Room, so I set it to level 1 and it worked nicely, as most opted to target it with attacks rather than set something up. However, with Bank out I decided to bring over an Illumise instead for two reasons: one, I'd rather have Illumise than Volbeat on the leaderboard, and two, Rain Dance. Whimsicott had Safeguard as a support option previously, but with Bank I decided I wanted to use Mega Blastoise and, with it, rain. Helping Hand and Light Screen (in addition to Rain Dance itself) are just extra support for the rare instances when Illumise survives, or when the opponent is a dedicated Trick Room user; Rocky Helmet is just for potential chip damage.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Modest / Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

While Tapu Lele is strong in its own right, it's Psychic Surge that makes this team. I made it Modest to maximize damage output, especially against opposing Trick Room setters that I'll need to 2HKO thanks to breathing room with Illumise. Shattered Psyche off of Tapu Lele is also an instant kill on anything not a resist or EV'd specifically for SpDef and HP. I will usually go for an attack when I am faster and can get a KO, when I can 2HKO both with Water Spout + Psychic, etc. Protect is an option to stay safe first turn and also for scouting sets.

Blastoise (F) @ Blastoisinite
Modest / Rain Dish (Mega Launcher)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant / Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Prior to Bank, I had a lot of trouble deciding which Pokémon to use in the back. I had Bruxish, and it dealt amazing damage in Psychic Terrain with Strong Jaw-boosted Psychic Fangs, but found difficulty with damage output otherwise (although Water coverage was great). I added Sharpedo instead for Strong Jaw as well and a stronger Crunch for annoying Psychics, but it was far too frail. Alolan Marowak provided invaluable Fire and Ghost coverage but only had one good Ground move with a single target, and Bonemerang only had 90% accuracy. Kartana was strong and Beast Boost was even better, but although the Grass coverage was appreciated, Sacred Sword wasn't strong enough to KO certain Steel-types.

Enter Mega Blastoise and Gallade. These two solved most of my problems. Mega Blastoise was one of four new Megas introduced with Bank, and it is as strong as ever. With its stat spread it just reaches 260 Speed under Tailwind and outspeeds everything bar other outspeeding tactics like Unburden or weather runners. Water Spout allowed me to deal with pesky Fire-, Rock- and Ground-types AND give me something I desperately needed before: a spread move for only opponents. Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse provided great coverage on Steel-, Ice-, Ghost- and Psychic-types while getting virtual STAB through Mega Launcher. The last slot is a toss-up; Dragon Pulse can be used for another Mega Launcher boost and to hit certain Dragons harder, but I found it left me very prone to Fairies. Protect is an option to stay safe and scout, though I settled on Ice Beam for Dragon- and Grass-types that might still prove problematic.

Gallade, on the other hand, was a more difficult choice. I was looking forward to using Mega Medicham when Bank came out, only to be disappointed that its Mega Stone was nowhere to be found. Once I decided on Mega Blastoise, I still was considering Medicham for Psychic Terrain abuse and Fighting coverage. Pure Power makes it stronger on Gallade (whose ability is almost worthless); in fact, there have been a couple times where I was dissatisfied with how surprisingly little damage Gallade was doing with a Life Orb. However, I knew it was a keeper because of its moveset. Close Combat is arguably much better than Low Kick in an environment like Battle Tree where I might need to take down lighter but still annoying Pokémon like Togedemaru (and I assume Ferrothorn, though I haven't run calcs on that yet). Knock Off is invaluable Dark-type coverage and allows me to figure out opponents' sets or remove Bright Powder and the like. Psycho Cut is for obvious Terrain abuse, and Leaf Blade is a bonus for hitting bulky Waters and especially quad-weaknesses like Gastrodon. I'm thinking about possible replacements (even though it's my beautiful Moon Ball shiny), but honestly it's been doing what it's supposed to do, and well. The main change I'm considering right now is the item, because though Life Orb is great for boosting power, I wonder if a Focus Sash would leave me better off.

There's the team, and I'll post more about it along with proof once my streak ends or I reach the benchmark of 1,000 wins. Feel free to leave comments, suggestions or questions!

Yeah, I mostly assume it doesn't matter, but I figured theorycraft being what it is...

I am done hatching shiny Bagons on reddit.

I have 20 or so Jolly 5+IV Flawless Bagon eggs that are going in the reject bin. If anyone would like one, either in egg form or in hatched form, please let me know. They are totally free. Just send me a message.

Now, on to Chansey.
Can I have one of your bagons please?

Hi, new person here. Since I used iVolke's team in the Battle Tree the last few days, I first and foremost want to credit him/her for making such a solid team. On my first attempt at Super Singles it carried me to 78 wins before I lost to a Bright Powder miss on Magnezone3.

I've literally never done facilities before this one and I only really have some general knowledge about competitive set ups, so I'm not sure I handled it as best I could, honestly. I'm really only good at breeding. :(

So Magnezone3 lead the battle but at first I wasn't sure whether it was 3 or 4, so I did what I usually do when I'm not sure and set up a sub. It uses Magnet Rise, confirming set3. If it had been set4 my plan was to take the incoming Flash Cannon and ~47-56% and EQ. If it had Sturdy I would've then gone to Scizor, taken minor damage from FC, mega-evolved and went for BP.

So now it's floating and I have to stall out the electromagnetism. I spend time doing the calcs and planning and finally plan a series of switches. From Garchomp I plan to switch to Scizor on the Flash Cannon, Mega-evolve and go for U-Turn on the expected T-Wave into Tapu Fini to break the Sturdy and then back into Garchomp on the Charge Beam and then sub up to avoid a ton of damage and EQ when Magnet Rise wears off. Seemed like the safest route. So I go to execute...

...and miss U-Turn because of the Bright Powder, getting para'd in the process. I'm not salty about the para honestly, it didn't have much impact on my loss. But my Scizor did take a lot of damage the turn after missing. I don't recall what the second Pokémon was but it was easily cleared. The last one was Mega-Gengar and had my plan gone accordingly I'm confident I would've lived with a sliver of HP on Scizor and could've 2HKO'd. But by the time Gengar showed none of my Pokemon had enough HP to take Shadow Balls.

Sorry I couldn't give a better play by play. I didn't think to save the video.

But mainly thank you to iVolke. Your team was very easy for a newbie like me to use and got me very far. In the hands of someone far more competent I have no doubt it will get very long streaks. It's very syngergetic. :) I plan to try again tomorrow.
Best to just go for the EQ OHKO on Magnezone34 in case it is Magnezone3 because it's not very fun to deal with if it uses Magnet Rise, which it usually does turn 1. Even if it has Sturdy, you can then switch to Scizor and easily finish it with U-turn or Bullet Punch.

Nevertheless, that is quite good for a first attempt at a battle facility. Good luck if you go for a second attempt!

Finally lost the streak with 350 wins.

Loss: ZB3W-WWWW-WWW4-QBFZ

The team doesn't deserve the loss, only my carelessness does. The 351st match against Placido didn't seem too special as he led with Regirock2.
First misplay: Should have scouted the set with Substitute. Regirock1 cannot do much harm against Garchomp, but Regirock2 is able to KO Garchomp with critical hit Explosion. Somehow, the Regirock2s I have faced during my streak didn't lead with Explosion, so I went with Sword Dance. To my horror it exploded, but I got away with it as Garchomp survived.
Second misplay: Should have switched to Fini as soon as I saw Articuno. +2 Garchomp KOs Articuno with Devastrating Drake so I went for it without much thinking. Wow Ice Shard. This is what happens when you don't pay attention to movesets.
Third misplay: Should have sent out Scizor. Non boosted Bullet Punch 2-hit KOs Articuno2, without giving it time for Mind-Sheering. Can't even remember why I went for Fini. Fini damages the bird before going down and Scizor finally takes care of it. The loss became evident as Moltres was ready to cook Scizor.

The countless misplays make me embarrassed, but oh well :( It does feel lightened to start at the bottom with Bank release just around the corner (missed you Suicune & Gliscor).
Glad that I can finally grab those berries :) (Why do we have to lose to get them in the first place??)
You're right, that loss could have been easily avoided with some different plays. A Garchcomp with more health would not bait Ice Shard and proceed to sweep the rest of the team, and preserving Tapu Fini instead of sending it out vs Articuno would have made short work of Moltres.

Thank you very much for sharing and congratulations on your #3 spot on the leaderboard! I haven't had a chance to play all week, so my streak is still sitting at 200. Glad someone else is showing what the team can do.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)