Pokemon Collection Thread

(Approved by DHR-107)

Pokemon is one of the biggest video game franchises of all time, but it also may just have the most merchandise and collectables of them all. There's so much to collect that there's even 'Pokemon Centers' worldwide that sell a wide range of products. From Pokemon plushes and exclusive clothing, all the way to edible seaweed in the shape of some of our favorite creatures, there really is something for everyone.

Maybe you're a die hard for the trading card game who has amassed binders full of ultra-rares, a shiny hunter in-game with boxes full of those alternative-colored beauties. Then there's many Pokemon fans who collect TOMY Monster Collection figures, especially the first set launched in 1998, trying to obtain each figure by generation or typing. Or perhaps you collect all different types of merchandise of your favorite Pokemon. As previously mentioned, Pokemon Plushes will always be a major collectable among both serious and casual fans. Lastly, I even have a friend who collects every Pokemon video game, but they must be unopened in their box, a very expensive hobby when you take a loot at how expensive some of the older games are going on places like eBay!

I myself collect a bunch of different Pokemon products. I have over 20 plushes, multiple Pokemon Center Pins, 10 different 1998 TOMY figures as well as 173 shinies (some acquired through trades) from almost 9,000 eggs in-game according to my PokeBank. However, I am most proud of my Shiny Metagross collection:

(Breakdown)

-Handmade custom Shiny Metagross 3DS XL case

-My flawless Shiny Metagross hatched in my Omega Ruby

-2014 Pokemon Center set of 5 Charms - Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Mega Metagross & Mega Stone (Only released in Japan)

-2005 EX Delta Species Ultra Rare Gold Star Metagross #113

-Steven Stone 3DS theme featuring Mega Metagross

-2015 Shiny Mega Metagross Super Size TOMY figure (Only released in Japan)

-2014 Unopened Mega Metagross EX Premium Collection

-2014 Shiny Mega Metagross Plushes (First from US PokeCenter & Second from Japan PokeCenter)

So show us your Pokemon collection! I figured most of us who end up browsing a competitive Pokemon website probably have some type of collection as well. Maybe you collect something I haven't mentioned above and can enlighten us on a new product to look out for. In your opinion what are some of the hardest to obtain/most expensive Pokemon products? What Pokemon collectable have you always wanted but can't locate? Maybe one of us can help! What are your go-to sources that helped you obtain your own collection? Finally, if you have a one-of-a-kind holy grail collectable that doesn't quite get the recognition from your friends and family that it would here, please post away!

*Also please check out the 'Pokemon Merchandize Thread' where members post dates and links to upcoming merchandise being released to help expand your collections :)
- http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-merchandise-thread.3549389/

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
13226918_10153637485186475_5952178804670762014_n.jpg jynx chirimen 13230160_10153635084786475_6222442207344693532_n.jpg jynx plush 02 1000019_10153436326061475_4331044796076317982_n.jpg

I have a glorious collection of hand made stuff when it comes to Pokemon. Ha.

I also own a lot of official plush.

But that said, I really wish they had made an official shiny Jynx plush. I always liked shiny Jynx more than regular Jynx.
I also hope they are releasing Primarina plush soon.
Primarina is not something I can make for myself.
Lunala is another plush I wanted, I tried buying the Lunala plush, but then decided that it was too expensive.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
reposting this here

togekiss and unikitty were made by me, garchomp is a bootleg, the rest are all official (1st and 3rd party)

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't really own any merchandise, but as for Pokémon games I guess that my Japanese Green version and my Japanese Emerald version are considerably valuable.

Other than that I have an ingame collection of rare and valuable Pokémon, but there are just too many to list here.
For those of you that are curious and wish to take a look at it, you can visit my Smogon trade thread by clicking here.

Last edited:
View attachment 78090 View attachment 78091 View attachment 78092

I have a glorious collection of hand made stuff when it comes to Pokemon. Ha.

I also own a lot of official plush.

But that said, I really wish they had made an official shiny Jynx plush. I always liked shiny Jynx more than regular Jynx.
I also hope they are releasing Primarina plush soon.
Primarina is not something I can make for myself.
Lunala is another plush I wanted, I tried buying the Lunala plush, but then decided that it was too expensive.
Those are awesome!! I feel like Pokemon doesn't produce Jynx plushies due to the whole Blackface issues early on, much like they don't make any Porygon or Kadabra plushes for their own controversies...shame really because they are all awesome :( Feel free to post some of those plushes as well!

reposting this here

Really such a nice collection thanks for sharing! Big fan of the Garchomp, Alolan Vulpix and Lunala plushes especially :)

I don't really own any merchandise, but as for Pokémon games I guess that my Japanese Green version and my Japanese Emerald version are considerably valuable.

Other than that I have an ingame collection of rare and valuable Pokémon, but there are just too many to list here.
For those of you that are curious and wish to take a look at it, you can visit my Smogon trade thread by clicking here.
These are amazing I'm sure they go for a ton if you ever did decide to sell them. I know that would be quite difficult for me haha.

Loving the feedback so far everyone thanks for sharing! :D

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Those are awesome!! I feel like Pokemon doesn't produce Jynx plushies due to the whole Blackface issues early on, much like they don't make any Porygon or Kadabra plushes for their own controversies...shame really because they are all awesome :( Feel free to post some of those plushes as well!
I don't see it that way.
Most Pokemon Center items are not for sale in USA, so they could have as many Jynx items as they wanted.
There was a great influx of Jynx items in 2015, most notably Pokemon Spooky Party series.
They now even have a Jynx advert for Pokemon GO on Japanese railways, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2cHIHWXgAIlh1i.jpg

I'd say that they rarely made Jynx plush because they underestimated Jynx's popularity prior to the General Elections.
(I see that you were not active when General Elections was going on-- General Elections was a Japan exclusive Pokemon voting campaign, in which you could only vote from 3 methods- 1. being physically at a real life Pokemon Center. 2. Purchased movie ticket. 3. Vote via TV. Pokemon that ended within 100th rank were promised to have more merchandise in the future.)
But since Jynx ranked 243th in General Elections, which is even more popular than Nidoking and Nidoqueen, they might consider making more Jynx items.
But even so, Jynx plush are difficult to make, as the pattern is complex.
Still, I don't think Jynx plush should be mass produced. The Banpresto Jynx plush quickly became really cheap on Yahoo Japan-- most children don't like Jynx.

Anyway, I wouldn't care so much about the controversy in USA.
It's a very American thing and America is not the entire world.

Hey there dude :)
Other than competitive stuff I'm a massive card enthusiast here so I wanted to pop in and say hello. By the way Silent, did you happen to pull that Metagross from a pack all those years ago or did you purchase it elsewhere? I'm honestly just curious so I hope that's not a weird question, I think I've only pulled like 3 gold stars in my life, EX booster boxes are so hard to come by now-a-days. I also adore the 3DS case, has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Anyways! Here's my collection of nonsense. I would have to go through a billion photos if I was going to take a picture of every card so I just posted the ones I like / my rarest ones. Not featured here are my hundreds of EX / Lv.X / random ultra rares, complete shadowless 1st edition base set (all cards are probably like... PSA 8-9 so this is a collector's dream), couple more secret rares, few other complete base sets (I think I have completed 1st edition sets of Jungle and Team Rocket, I don't have them pictured because they're deep in my closet)...some other stuff I guess. Images may be large idk, took them from my phone.
Somewhere around 10 years later and I'm still searching for a Pikachu Gold Star. Ah well.

Yeah so I got a couple things here. Charizard Gold Star was one I pulled when we opened a booster box and it's the only Gold Star I still have that I pulled myself. Think the other two I pulled were Regice and Vapreon but those have been sold or traded, forget which. Suicune / Jolteon are cool, Charizard EX is just one of those highly desirable ones that can probably match up in value to the other three. And then... lots and lots of pins. The only one that's really worth pointing out imo is the Crystal Guardians prerelease pin on my purse there. Guardians has never stopped being my favorite set for reasons I'll get in to, so I wear that thing quite proudly.

why is lugia ex so damaged sob ):
Anyways Delcatty actually has a cute story if you want to read. When I was... uh, 12 maybe? Delcatty was my favorite Pokemon and I really wanted the EX. Dad bought a Crystal Guardians booster box but we didn't end up pulling one so naturally I was upset. About a week later dad came up to me with a single pack of CG cards and I opened it and guess what? Delcatty. I was never happier and I won't forget the smug grin he had. It wasn't until years later that I found out he actually opened the pack himself the first time, pulled the Delcatty, sealed the pack again and gave it back to me. I remember sitting there for like 2 minutes in shock haha. So the CG set has a lot of sentimental value to me for that reason alone.

I have.... way more than this. I buy at least one plushie a year from the Pokemon Center at Disney so you can imagine how many I have. These are just the ones I have on standby. I can try to find some of the others if you're curious but I have no idea where they might be. I have a Zekrom hiding somewhere to match the Reshiram. I think the Dialga was pretty limited but it's gotten a lot of wear over the years. Poor thing was cuddled to death when I was young.
Anyways, other than plushies I've got a bunch of the figurines from opening boxes and stuff, a cool Loki x Houndoom crossover print on the top left , and an TCG Platinum Arceus poster that... that I should really get a frame for. The matching DS cases were bought when my father and I started playing Gen 4, Dialga is mine while Palkia was his. We were very into Pokemon but he would always beat me. Would love to see him try now :P
Still no official Mega Houndoom plushie so I might have one commissioned.

Can't forget my keys hmm :P

I don't see it that way.
Most Pokemon Center items are not for sale in USA, so they could have as many Jynx items as they wanted.
There was a great influx of Jynx items in 2015, most notably Pokemon Spooky Party series.
They now even have a Jynx advert for Pokemon GO on Japanese railways, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2cHIHWXgAIlh1i.jpg

I'd say that they rarely made Jynx plush because they underestimated Jynx's popularity prior to the General Elections.
(I see that you were not active when General Elections was going on-- General Elections was a Japan exclusive Pokemon voting campaign, in which you could only vote from 3 methods- 1. being physically at a real life Pokemon Center. 2. Purchased movie ticket. 3. Vote via TV. Pokemon that ended within 100th rank were promised to have more merchandise in the future.)
But since Jynx ranked 243th in General Elections, which is even more popular than Nidoking and Nidoqueen, they might consider making more Jynx items.
But even so, Jynx plush are difficult to make, as the pattern is complex.
Still, I don't think Jynx plush should be mass produced. The Banpresto Jynx plush quickly became really cheap on Yahoo Japan-- most children don't like Jynx.

Anyway, I wouldn't care so much about the controversy in USA.
It's a very American thing and America is not the entire world.
Not exactly sure what you mean by not being active during the elections. Obviously yes, I didn't vote in it (if thats what you were referring to), but I certainly kept up with the whole thing and was very surprised Pikachu wasn't even top 3 but I'm definitely not complaining about that :). As for the whole Jynx thing you definitely make some good points, I never put too much thought into it tbh and just kind of assumed if there was ever some sort of controversy surrounding a Pokemon, they would just choose from the other 700+ options. I myself like her design, though I don't think too many children's first pick upon walking into a Pokemon Center with 30+ different plushes would be Jynx. I do have a TOMY Jynx figure that I love tho :D Lets hope there's Jynx plushes to come!

Hey there dude :)
Other than competitive stuff I'm a massive card enthusiast here so I wanted to pop in and say hello. By the way Silent, did you happen to pull that Metagross from a pack all those years ago or did you purchase it elsewhere? I'm honestly just curious so I hope that's not a weird question, I think I've only pulled like 3 gold stars in my life, EX booster boxes are so hard to come by now-a-days. I also adore the 3DS case, has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Anyways! Here's my collection of nonsense. I would have to go through a billion photos if I was going to take a picture of every card so I just posted the ones I like / my rarest ones. Not featured here are my hundreds of EX / Lv.X / random ultra rares, complete shadowless 1st edition base set (all cards are probably like... PSA 8-9 so this is a collector's dream), couple more secret rares, few other complete base sets (I think I have completed 1st edition sets of Jungle and Team Rocket, I don't have them pictured because they're deep in my closet)...some other stuff I guess. Images may be large idk, took them from my phone.
Somewhere around 10 years later and I'm still searching for a Pikachu Gold Star. Ah well.

Yeah so I got a couple things here. Charizard Gold Star was one I pulled when we opened a booster box and it's the only Gold Star I still have that I pulled myself. Think the other two I pulled were Regice and Vapreon but those have been sold or traded, forget which. Suicune / Jolteon are cool, Charizard EX is just one of those highly desirable ones that can probably match up in value to the other three. And then... lots and lots of pins. The only one that's really worth pointing out imo is the Crystal Guardians prerelease pin on my purse there. Guardians has never stopped being my favorite set for reasons I'll get in to, so I wear that thing quite proudly.

why is lugia ex so damaged sob ):
Anyways Delcatty actually has a cute story if you want to read. When I was... uh, 12 maybe? Delcatty was my favorite Pokemon and I really wanted the EX. Dad bought a Crystal Guardians booster box but we didn't end up pulling one so naturally I was upset. About a week later dad came up to me with a single pack of CG cards and I opened it and guess what? Delcatty. I was never happier and I won't forget the smug grin he had. It wasn't until years later that I found out he actually opened the pack himself the first time, pulled the Delcatty, sealed the pack again and gave it back to me. I remember sitting there for like 2 minutes in shock haha. So the CG set has a lot of sentimental value to me for that reason alone.

I have.... way more than this. I buy at least one plushie a year from the Pokemon Center at Disney so you can imagine how many I have. These are just the ones I have on standby. I can try to find some of the others if you're curious but I have no idea where they might be. I have a Zekrom hiding somewhere to match the Reshiram. I think the Dialga was pretty limited but it's gotten a lot of wear over the years. Poor thing was cuddled to death when I was young.
Anyways, other than plushies I've got a bunch of the figurines from opening boxes and stuff, a cool Loki x Houndoom crossover print on the top left , and an TCG Platinum Arceus poster that... that I should really get a frame for. The matching DS cases were bought when my father and I started playing Gen 4, Dialga is mine while Palkia was his. We were very into Pokemon but he would always beat me. Would love to see him try now :P
Still no official Mega Houndoom plushie so I might have one commissioned.

Can't forget my keys hmm :P
Wow this is an amazing collection. Those gold stars are amazing, the Dialga Plush, all of those pins (especially the Shiny Mega Rayquaza)!! Can't believe the shadowless complete set, that is out of this world. See you're also quite the fan of Houndoom (that M Houndoom EX full art is truly a work of art and great pull),and an official Plush would be epic. I really hope for your sake its released soon!

Unfortunately no I did not pull the Gold Star Metagross myself haha. Now I've always loved Metagross, especially the shiny. The whole collection started when I hatched a flawless Shiny Beldum that took many, many hours to achieve (as well as a good amount of luck). At that point, I wanted to find as much Shiny Metagross merchandise as I could, starting with the US and Japanese Plushes, then the keychains and TOMY figure, to the Premium EX collection etc. I spent a lot of time googling all of the different Shiny Metagross collectables and merchandise and I eventually stumbled upon the Gold Star from 2005, one of the few official pieces I didn't have at the time. I had to have it lol. Admittedly, it is the most expensive item out of the whole collection but it's in perfect condition and was a very necessary piece. Thanks for asking and have a great day! And one more thanks for posting those amazing picture of everything! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)