Metagame Godly Gift

can we make a suspect or a ban to M-Sableye again like last gen? this mon is just INSANE, it did what it was like last gen and get banned before, and now it become more ridiculous because Toxapex and Dugtrio this gen. Sure, it may be weird to put M-Sableye and Toxapex on the same team, but Toxapex already have high defenses, so it can inherit Sp.Attack that is not passive. M-Sableye+Toxapex+Dugtrio+God Filler+Unaware mons+Filler (something to block tapu lele maybe) is crazy. please take attention to this ASAP.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
can we make a suspect or a ban to M-Sableye again like last gen? this mon is just INSANE, it did what it was like last gen and get banned before, and now it become more ridiculous because Toxapex and Dugtrio this gen. Sure, it may be weird to put M-Sableye and Toxapex on the same team, but Toxapex already have high defenses, so it can inherit Sp.Attack that is not passive. M-Sableye+Toxapex+Dugtrio+God Filler+Unaware mons+Filler (something to block tapu lele maybe) is crazy. please take attention to this ASAP.
Although I can understand that Mega Sableye can seem extremely overwhelming, there are many more Pokemon this generation that can handle Mega Sableye than previously, however with the addition of Toxapex to the defensive core, it will definitely be on the watchlist as the meta begins to take shape through the first week, so stay tuned.

Regarding Dugtrio, its position hasn't changed since last generation since it has always had its attack boosted, meaning the increase in its attack this generation doesn't change much. It was on the watchlist last generation and will most likely remain on it, but as of now it's not as pressing of a threat as a number of other Pokemon that have already been tested.

[spolier]
[/spoiler]

1008, is abit excessive.

And this was without me able to get electric terrain up.

Pikachu @ lightball

- Extreme Speed
- Fakeout
- Volt tackle
- Thunder punch

When paired with deoxys attack or groundon, it does damage.

Shoutout to TylerWithNumbers for the idea

Last edited:
[spolier]
[/spoiler]

1008, is abit excessive.

And this was without me able to get electric terrain up.

Pikachu @ lightball

- Extreme Speed
- Fakeout
- Volt tackle
- Thunder punch

When paired with deoxys attack or groundon, it does damage.

Shoutout to TylerWithNumbers for the idea
Pikachu cannot learn both Extreme Speed and Fake Out in the same moveset, due to it learning Fake Out as an Egg Move and Extreme Speed as an Event Move, as has already been clarified earlier in the thread. That being said, Extreme Speed Pikachu may still have some merit on HO especially with Electric Terrain using your moveset, replacing Fake Out (and maybe Thunderpunch too; recoil seems unimportant to Pi-kamikaze-chu over there) with stuff like Knock Off, Brick Break, Substitute, or Endeavor.

Last edited:
Wanna point out something else, it seems that Power Construct Zygarde doesn't count as an Uber currently, which means it can gain stats from other Gods (like Deo A). That's a bug that should be fixed ASAP, as Power Construct Zygarde should act like a god and spread regular Zygarde's stats according to the thread.

In a similar vein to the above post there are 3 mons that stand out to me as potential defensive beasts (pun intended). These are inheritors only.

Nihilego: Nihilego's main flaw right now, besides its crippling weakness to ground, is its awful defensive stat. Couple it with something like Groudon, Arceus, Giratina, or Lugia and you suddenly have the mixed bulk mon of the century.

Buzzwole: Basically the same as above, but on the special side, and the crippling weakness is to flying. Off the top of my head good gods would be Ho-oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Giratina, or Arceus.

Toxapex: BAN THIS PLEASE. On a Giratina team it is capable of getting mixed defensive stats of 150/152/142, becoming bulkier than the god itself. Even without Giratina there are plenty of ubers with 120+ hp. It's untoxicable, has regenerator, has no crippling weaknesses, can set Toxic Spikes... like oh my god this thing will be a pain in my butt-ocks unless it gets banned and be basically impossible to break without a dedicated stallbreaker. Not just a stallbreaker but one that specifically can beat Toxapex.

NB: I'm not calling for an immediate ban of Toxapex but rather for it to be put on the radar.

PS: Why Nerdy posted an Araquanid set above while I was typing this...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Water Bubble (Deo-A) Araquanid Surf vs. 252 HP / 12 SpD (Giratina) Toxapex: 226-266 (44.8 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery....... WALLED, even without significant special defensive investment (without that 12 spd it had like a 1% chance to 2hko... which is a testament to Araquanid's power as well)

finally...
am I viable yet?
I just use tapu koko with the special attack of mewtwo y - it hurts pex big time

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
I'm not the one in the replay, but is there a reason that people are allowed to run Zygarde-Complete alongside other ubers pokemon? I feel like it kind of takes away from the intention of the metagame if you can just run two ubers mons and call it a day. If this is intentional then I guess that's cool, but if not hopefully it can be fixed asap :D
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7godlygift-585097177

After playing for a while (and reaching top 10 in ladder, which means nothing lol considering it's the first day), some things I want to address.

1. The Power Construct bug is there and it NEEDS to be fixed ASAP, The Immortal. It ruins the fun of the meta.

2. Mega Sableye is still as broken as before and there's almost no new ways to handle it. You either get rekt by the Utility variant, Calm Mind variant and the Metal Burst variant, which pushes it over the edge. The Metal Burst variant is the most broken variant and it's exclusive to Godly Gift meta because of it's increased HP stats (you won't see any Mega Sableye in OU with Metal Burst because of it's 50 HP). I don't really want to call for suspects now because it's the beginning of the month but if there's a plan for suspect, Mega Sableye should be the first.

3. I haven't seen any Tapu Lele + Deo-A teams so far idk why. How far ppl do with Deo-A Psyspam?

4. This meta isn't that different from Gen 6 generally, so the viability ranking from gen 6 thread should still work.

It seems that speed isn't calculated properly sometimes.
In this game http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7godlygift-585224674 the opposing Deoxys-Attack somehow outsped my Volcanion, which had 120 base speed thanks to Arceus's speed slot, a choice scarf and 252 speed EVs with a modest nature, so that it reaches a speed stat of 508. The opposing Deoxys was not scarfed, so that it reaches a maximum speed of 438, which is lower than Volcanion's 508 - but Deoxys outsped it somehow.

iLlama

It seems that speed isn't calculated properly sometimes.
In this game http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7godlygift-585224674 the opposing Deoxys-Attack somehow outsped my Volcanion, which had 120 base speed thanks to Arceus's speed slot, a choice scarf and 252 speed EVs with a modest nature, so that it reaches a speed stat of 508. The opposing Deoxys was not scarfed, so that it reaches a maximum speed of 438, which is lower than Volcanion's 508 - but Deoxys outsped it somehow.
Unless that happened to be a fluke glitch or something, I'm assuming you most likely forgot to EV your Volcanion in Speed or used the incorrect choice item.

iLlama

Nope, I have the correct item and correct IVs.
Then it must be taking its stats from Zygarde since I bet you're using the Complete Form variant. How the God selection works is it goes from 1-6 through the teambuilder to figure out what your 'God' Pokémon is, and because of the current bug with Zygarde-C, although it may show you are taking Deoxys-A's stats, you're really receiving Zygarde's.

from what Ive seen, in all scenarios (mega, battle bond, power construct) the "boosted stat" always gets overwritten with the god's corresponding stat. Therefore with wishiwashi, presumably it would inherit deo-defense's defense stat both in reg and schooling form. hope this helps Unlimited Breadsticks

Reactions: Ren
Hi, I have been playing this meta a lot recently and even topped the ladder at one point (my account is ok132).

Here`s the team that I peaked the ladder with if anyone wants to use it

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Extreme Speed

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Giga Drain

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

This is a pretty basic Deo-A team. Deo-A is the lead of the team. I like lead Deo-A because it provides nice role compression and a reliable suicide lead that can still do something offensively. Serperior is the Breaker of the team. It is really threatening vs balance and stall teams because it can setup really easily and get up subs. I like giga drain because you can run out of leaf storm vs stall so it is a secondary stab option. Mega Heracross is the cleaner of the team. The speed from Deo-A allows it to be very dangerous vs a lot of teams that are unprepared for it. Mimikyu serves as another breaker and a check to many things that are good vs offence. Ditto is the scarfer of the team and and another check to mons that are good against offence. I feel like Ditto is almost needed on offence so you don`t lose to a lot of things. Thundurus is the filler of the team. It basically just improves the matchup vs other offence teams, specifically webs. You have boltbeam coverage and sludge wave for fairies like Clefable.

You can also use another version with banded Dugtrio with toxic over Thundurus to improve the stall matchup by trapping Toxapex and clicking toxic on Clefable. Unfortunetaly it is deadweight vs offence and can`t even do that much against balance.

Last edited:
I've been finding Magearna to be a really good inheritor of Speed, especially with Deo-A. Here is what I've been running:

150 Spe Magearna @ Life Orb
252 SpA, 252 Spe, Modest
-Calm Mind
-Fleur Cannon
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt

This Mag is really scary in theory because it fills out all three parts of the "power triangle" ( damage, speed, tankiness ) extremely well. This can just as easily clean lategame by grabbing a boost on a revenge kill as it can set up Calm Minds against a wall and then sweep. In practice it basically carries the team.

You get coverage against a ton of relevant threats, notably taking down cancerous HP inheritors M-Sableye, Toxapex, and Shuckle. It also beats other common tanks and walls like Zygarde-C and Skarmory. Even without a super effective hit, +1 Fleur Cannon OHKOes SDef Kartana from Arceus teams and just gets the OHKO on max HP Arceus after SR.

Defensively it resists Extremespeed spam and can't be Poisoned while setting up on a wall. 80/115/115 defenses mean it can live strong neutral attacks as well.

The combo of killing popular walls, outspeeding everything unboosted, and being hard to kill really makes this a top threat IMO.

I found this as a result of trying to find the ultimate Speed inheritor: something that strikes a powerful balance of mixed defenses and unwallable. I know M-Heracross is very popular in this role, but what else have you found to work well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)