Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Fire and Grass Knot are very, very niche. You might as well use a golden though: save your normal Caps for special attackers.
HP Rock, sadly, and since normal caps can be farmed, I think I'll go with those.

Final Metagross question.

What's a viable set for an Adamant Metagross? All the Strat Dex says is "jolly, jolly, jolly, jolly, jolly", and no amount of EVs in speed can make it match positive-natured 252 Spe base 100s.

I was thinking 252 HP, 252 Atk, 3 attacks + Rock Polish.

Last edited:
HP Rock, sadly, and since normal caps can be farmed, I think I'll go with those.

What's a viable set for an Adamant Metagross? All the Strat Dex says is "jolly, jolly, jolly, jolly, jolly", and no amount of EVs in speed can make it match positive-natured 252 Spe base 100s.

That's similar to what I do. I usually run an Adamant Metagross when I use him as well. I often don't run any setup though, as I like to run Hammer Arm. I'm usually running 252HP/252Atk/4Def with Meteor Mash/Hammer Arm/Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt. As for items, really depends on the team I'm running on. I haven't done any real battling since 4th Gen though, so I was usually running any of Occa Berry/Choice Band/Leftovers/Life Orb depending on what the rest of my team was using/needed.

I haaaate the idea of Megagross's lovely 110 speed going to waste with 0 investment. Use a Rock Polish set, but with max speed so you can still outspeed Scarfers.
Alternatively you can use regular Gross in UU: all of those sets are Adamant: http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/metagross/uu/

That's similar to what I do. I usually run an Adamant Metagross when I use him as well. I often don't run any setup though, as I like to run Hammer Arm. I'm usually running 252HP/252Atk/4Def with Meteor Mash/Hammer Arm/Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt. As for items, really depends on the team I'm running on. I haven't done any real battling since 4th Gen though, so I was usually running any of Occa Berry/Choice Band/Leftovers/Life Orb depending on what the rest of my team was using/needed.
I haaaate the idea of Megagross's lovely 110 speed going to waste with 0 investment. Use a Rock Polish set, but with max speed so you can still outspeed Scarfers.
Alternatively you can use regular Gross in UU: all of those sets are Adamant: http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/metagross/uu/
I think I'll go Rock Polish with max HP (UU is irrelevant, it's the Steven shiny Beldum), dat gold gotta shine. If I need to, I can breed (another) Jolly Meta.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand I flip-flopped again, it's going to be full speed. I should have asked Max. Optimizer to clone me a boxfull of the stupid things.

Is it worth having a 31 Attack IV on Mew for Knock Off/U-Turn? Or is the threat of Foul Play enough that you'd want low-Attack? I just SRed a 31/31/x/x/31/31 Timid Mew in ORAS (from last year's Mystery Gift) and I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or toss it.
Still need this answered, bumping to a new page.

You'll probably be using KO and U-Turn far more many times than receiving Foul Plays. On the other hand, some (heavy) investment in HP and Def turns Fould Play from a 2-KO to a 3-KO, but for an offensive Mew I say go with 31.
I imagined Knock Off and U-Turn more as utility moves than for an offensive Mew, but I am unfamiliar with Mew so I'll take that suggestion as well.You're very right that, assuming I run one (or both) of those moves at all, the benefit far outweighs the negatives. Its also worth noting that I have two other Mews to SR on other cartridges, so I have plenty of opportunity to get a low-Attack-IV Mew for when I'm not running Knock Off/U-Turn. Thanky!

Greetings gentleman, looking currently for a cloner who could clone a lucky egg( a weedle of mine) holding pokemon 5 times.
Would be glad for a PM if anyone has time to spare ^-^

Last edited:
Hi all, not sure if this is the right spot but where would I go about finding a trusted cloner? I have a Tapu Lele that needs cloning.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LF Seismic Toss/ Body Slam Kangaskhan and Naive Rock Climb Ha Tauros. Will offer anything for these.
I can give you a free copy of LegoFigure11's Kangaskhan with both Seismic Toss and Body Slam.
It's Jolly and has the Scrappy ability. I'm available now, but we can also do this tomorrow, no problem.

Does anybody have (nonhacked/noncloned) Leftovers they'd trade for my Destiny Knot? I've been grinding Leftovers and gotten 8 Destiny Knots and only 2 Leftovers, even though they're supposed to have the same odds.

Does anybody have (nonhacked/noncloned) Leftovers they'd trade for my Destiny Knot? I've been grinding Leftovers and gotten 8 Destiny Knots and only 2 Leftovers, even though they're supposed to have the same odds.
If you're in G7, a SOS battle with a Munchlax and 5/6 pokes with Thief will get you all the Leftovers you need.

Hi all, not sure if this is the right spot but where would I go about finding a trusted cloner? I have a Tapu Lele that needs cloning.
Hate to bump my own post but still looking for a trusted cloner OR (and preferrably) someone willing to trade the Tapu Lele from Smogon's weekly giveaway (was given away this January.) I don't have much but I am offering the Zygarde, Blaziken or Lopunny from Smogon's giveaways.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hate to bump my own post but still looking for a trusted cloner OR (and preferrably) someone willing to trade the Tapu Lele from Smogon's weekly giveaway (was given away this January.) I don't have much but I am offering the Zygarde, Blaziken or Lopunny from Smogon's giveaways.
Can clone and trade you the Tapu Lele (it's free btw). VM me with the info

You could try das_eisenherz's VGC giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)