Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

I have Pelipper as my main Rain setter. It has Scald for STAB and potential burn, U-turn to maintain momentum, Roost to regain health, and Defog to remove annoying hazards. I am running Defog over Hurricane, because I have some answers to Grass Types, and one of the main reasons to run it is Pheromosa, but since it's banned to Ubers, I don't seem to need it as much. The reason I am using Pelipper over another Rain setter such as Politoed, is because Pelipper has a lot more utility potential, shown with Defog. I could also run Tailwind, but I don't see much point, as I usually switch into Swampert, which out-speeds almost everything with the Mega Ability Swift Swim.

Niagara (Swampert) (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

I have Swampert on my team as a primary Rain Sweeper. Its moveset is Waterfall for powerful physical STAB, EQ for STAB, Ice Punch for those potential threats such as MegaMence and Dragonite, and Power Up Punch for potential setup on weak enemy mons. I use M-Swampert because it is a very powerful rain sweeper, and probably the best in OU, as Swift Swim raises it's speed from subpar to near best in tier.

Queendra (Kingdra) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Kingdra is my secondary rain sweeper. It begins with decent speed, but yet again, Swift Swim allows it to outspeed many, and with its great typing of Water/Dragon, it only has 2 weaknesses, Fairy and Dragon. It's set is Modest Specs, with Hydro Pump for extremely powerful STAB, although it's questionable accuracy makes Surf also necessary. Draco Meteor is for a nuke attack, and can OHKO many mons. Ice Beam is to combat other mons and increase coverage.

Free Hugs (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Fairly Standard Ferrothorn Set. Stealth Rock for entry hazard, Leech Seed for health regaining, Protect to stall for Lefties and Leech Seed recovery, and Gyro Ball for a powerful STAB attack that if the opponent is fast enough, can do up to 150 BP. Also, 131 def + 116 SpD + 1 immunity and 10 type resistances. Weak to only 2. Nuff said.

Koko Butter (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

One of Koko's primary purposes is to set up Electric Terrain for Hawlucha's Unburden boost. It has Taunt to keep opponents mons from stalling too much / setting up hazards. Thunder as a powerful terrain boosted STAB, which has 100% accuracy in Rain, which can allow it to somewhat abuse rain until it runs out. HP Ice is primarily for Lando-T which is a threat to Koko. Dazzling Gleam is for Fairy STAB and coverage.

Hawk Hogan (Hawlucha) (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Hawlucha is good as a potential sweeper if rain gets cut off. It has pretty good coverage, and its set is pretty useful. Electric Seed is it's way of getting its unburden speed boost quite easily, if it is swapped in right after Koko. It's set includes Acrobatics, which takes advantage of its lack of an item once Electric Seed is used, SD for setup, if necessary against stally mons, High Jump Kick for Powerful Stab, but can be quite risky if they predict protect, or if it misses, and finally, Drain Punch for recovery. Hawlucha is a great Unburden Sweeper, but if they have a Tapu of their own, and take off Terrain before it can get Unburden boosted, Hawlucha can become somewhat less useful.

This team has been working pretty well, and I have been trying to iron out the kinks in it, but if anyone has any suggestions to improve the team, it would be very much appreciated.

good rain totally original team not made by njnp
Who's that? o;

I didn't copy a team... I made a crappy base rain team, and then got help from some friends I met on Showdown. I originally had Azumarill in the place of Kingdra, and random other mons in the place of Koko and Hawlucha. They told me to sub in the mons, but didn't give me sets. I got them off of Smogon Strategy Dex.

So technically, I didn't copy...

Who's that? o;

I didn't copy a team... I made a crappy base rain team, and then got help from some friends I met on Showdown. I originally had Azumarill in the place of Kingdra, and random other mons in the place of Koko and Hawlucha. They told me to sub in the mons, but didn't give me sets. I got them off of Smogon Strategy Dex.

So technically, I didn't copy...
So basically your friends turned your OG rain team into njnp rain

Pretty much probably... No clue who njnp is tho...
dude njnp is literally the guy who made the first reply to this RMT. He said ":fire:" fyi. As for the rate itself, I don't have a lot to offer because njnp's team is already super good and is well known around the community. Attempting to change his team would only make it worse (or make it not a rain team), so I'll just say congrats I guess on your record with the team

Yeah this team is pretty much your standard rain team running around as everyone else has said njnp made it.

But either way if you are going to use this don't make Tapu Koko shiny it basically tells them it's not Z wild charge as you have to use a timid nature. I don't think this really matters as most people use that thunder set anyways.

If you want to make another RMT of your own design feel free to post again or you can pm me for feedback. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)