SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be old news for some, but Charjabug and Magneton are confirmed to evolve at Blush Mountain now.

A new first area for the Mt. Lanakila is now accessible with wildmons at lv30-33, so Crabominable, Absol and Sandshrew/Vulpix are now obtainable before endgame.
Vulpix & Sandshrew were available in the grass around the village
Can get Glaceon now, though!

Sorry to disappoint but I don't think so.

The new style, in Ultra Moon at least, is called "Nihilist Style" and the hint you get for how to acquire it is: "If you want to learn those kinds of moves, maybe you should be experienced in life enough to even take on an old man with no scruples"

It sounds like either Cyrus's or Lysandre's battle style. The "no scruples" bit makes me thing of Ghetsis too.
More like you get it from beating Giovanni, unless there's a plot twist.
Lame that it doesn't appear that Finger Guns Style isn't in though.

Vulpix & Sandshrew were available in the grass around the village
Can get Glaceon now, though!
I wouldn't get your hopes up for Glaceon. Just tried evolving Eevee in SM - didn't evolve on the outside parts of Lanakila, I had to actually be in the cave where the rock is. And you don't have access to that part still until endgame.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Glaceon. Just tried evolving Eevee in SM - didn't evolve on the outside parts of Lanakila, I had to actually be in the cave where the rock is. And you don't have access to that part still until endgame.
If they made Blush mountain magnetic and added a new area just outside Lanakila, I'm sure they can make said area into an icy rock-enabled area

Is there an infinite amount of Stakataka/Blacephalon?
Only two of them for each game.
Although there's something I've heard that was probably just misinformation, but I'm still gonna ask: someone on a forum said that you can get two Stakataka and one Blacephalon in Moon and the opposite in Sun. Is this true or really just a wrong word of mouth?

Only two of them for each game.
Although there's something I've heard that was probably just misinformation, but I'm still gonna ask: someone on a forum said that you can get two Stakataka and one Blacephalon in Moon and the opposite in Sun. Is this true or really just a wrong word of mouth?
Since the official sources tell us they are specifically version exclusive, I wouldn't count on it... This probably was stirred by the amount of some UBs changing between versions, for example, 4 Pheromosa + 2 Celesteela vs 2 Buzzwole + 4 Kartanas.
I dont see them actually releasing version exclusives into the other games, or they wouldnt be version exclusive anymore.

Edit; Any word of Looker returning? As in with the UB huntsquad?

Edit; Any word of Looker returning? As in with the UB huntsquad?
I only just got to the part where we raid Aether Paradise to save Lillie so idk about post-game but yea Looker's in the game. He pops up right as you exit Diglett's Tunnel and loosely makes reference to Team Galactic and Plasma, gives you a Thunder Stone I think, and then leaves

I only just got to the part where we raid Aether Paradise to save Lillie so idk about post-game but yea Looker's in the game. He pops up right as you exit Diglett's Tunnel and loosely makes reference to Team Galactic and Plasma, gives you a Thunder Stone I think, and then leaves
Is his weird syntax back?

Now we at least know he is in the game, gives us a 90% certainty he'll make a postgame appearance again, I hope he does.
Anyone else have any info?

No idea if it's been said before, but the Battle Agency rewards you Festival Coins as your grade goes up. Went from grade 0 to 1 and got 200FC + Rare Candy, then from 1 to 2 and got 215FC + another Rare Candy. Seems like an incredibly easy way to farm FCs and the Battle Agency by itself is pretty fun so yay, the Festival Plaza is slightly less terrible now.

No idea if it's been said before, but the Battle Agency rewards you Festival Coins as your grade goes up. Went from grade 0 to 1 and got 200FC + Rare Candy, then from 1 to 2 and got 215FC + another Rare Candy. Seems like an incredibly easy way to farm FCs and the Battle Agency by itself is pretty fun so yay, the Festival Plaza is slightly less terrible now.
What about Cap farming?

This is great news. I hated grinding out those danged FC. I got to Rank 100 just by doing Global Missions, and it wasn't very enjoyable. Does Battle Agency have a Grade cap?

As a side note: are item locations known? I'd love to know if you're able to get a Dusk Stone during the story since Murkrow isn't post-game anymore.

Does Battle Agency have a Grade cap?
I really don't know, but it's much more fun than doing Inverse Match-Up missions.

What about Cap farming?
No idea but from the looks of it it seems like you always get an item + FC. Judging by how apparently the amount of FCs received goes up with every grade I'd assume that the rarety of the item you get would go up as well, with the Gold Bottle Cap being at the top.

Btw, as you rank up, the level of the pokemon you fight get higher, but those from your team mates don't escale with it.

We still can't buy Apricorn Balls anywhere, right...?
Nope. It's the same as in SM.

Weird, I definitely remember hearing earlie that you could buy them. Maybe it as just a set of gifts?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Battle Agency: The in-text files reference Grade 50 (so from level 50 to 100); you cannot currently achieve this unless you turn on StreetPass and get higher level teammates. I'm on grade 10, and it's already daunting to have a 60-50-50 team vs a 60-60-60 team.

Apricorn Balls: Not possible to obtain til Bank, but I believe if you show someone in GF HQ a particular mon (e.g. from Johto), they'll give you another set of balls. I think it's just 1 extra of the Apricorn Balls in addition to the ones Samson Oak gives you. Pretty annoying.

Battle Agency: The in-text files reference Grade 50 (so from level 50 to 100); you cannot currently achieve this unless you turn on StreetPass and get higher level teammates. I'm on grade 10, and it's already daunting to have a 60-50-50 team vs a 60-60-60 team.

Apricorn Balls: Not possible to obtain til Bank, but I believe if you show someone in GF HQ a particular mon (e.g. from Johto), they'll give you another set of balls. I think it's just 1 extra of the Apricorn Balls in addition to the ones Samson Oak gives you. Pretty annoying.
StreetPass? Seriously? That's so nonsense.. my city is really small and I never get StreetPass hits, let alone someone who will even have the games! Hate it when developers lock content behind StreetPass..

Yeah, it's gonna be even worse when StreetPass dies out. I hate that.

Any news on whether the new electric mon is probably a mythical or not?
It's 99% guaranteed to be a mythical based on everything we know about it, including:

• 600 BST
  • Located at the end of the Pokedex behind Ultra Beasts and Legendaries
  • Neither people playing the game nor people datamining it have found any way for you to encounter this thing in the game

Gravity is given to Tapu Fini, Tapu Lele, Xurkitree!, Minior?, Celesteela, Togedemaru?, and Palossand. Might be good for VGC b/c gravity + sleep and b/c it benefits ground types. Can work well if spikes are up.
Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Gravity
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Psychic
I feel like it won't be that strong, but:
Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Gravity
- Hypnosis
- Thunder/Zap Cannon
- Tail Glow/Hidden Power Ice/Dazzling Gleam

Last edited:
Gravity is given to Tapu Fini, Tapu Lele, Xurkitree!, Minior?, Celesteela, Togedemaru?, and Palossand. Might be good for VGC b/c gravity + sleep and b/c it benefits ground types.
I can help remove those question marks for you. Togedemaru and Minior do, without a doubt, get Gravity. Togedemaru also gets Helping Hand, Super Fang, After You, Endeavor, and ACTUAL STEEL STAB THAT'S NOT GYRO BALL (thank God), so it's going to be even better in VGC now.

Too bad Dedenne still doesn't get Special Fairy STAB, though. I guess we know which Pikaclone GF likes better :|

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)