Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Here's My favorite Core:

+
+

Speed Boost(Strong Jaw) + Dazzling + Volt Absorb
((Offensive))
Sharpedo provides the main source of strength. Being able to basically enter with a +1 Speed Boost, the only way its really outsped is by a Scarfed Pokemon or Priority, with one of those being nullified by Dazzing. Prankster is useless against it, too. Dazzling remains one of the best abilities, making the whole game matter on terms of Speed. Bruxish acts as a revenge killer with a Scarf or Aqua Jet, and has its bite attacks boosted by Sharpedo's Strong Jaw. Thundurus-T brings along Volt Absorb, nullifying a common weakness and resisting the others (Bug, Fighting(Sharpedo only), and Grass), and One of its weaknesses is resisted by both Sharpedo and Bruxish.

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Speed BBoost is banned as a speed boosting ability and im p s sure beast boost is
Speed Boost is restricted, but not Beast Boost. From the Speed Abilities Clause Announcement: "This does NOT include Beast Boost, Prankster, Gale Wings, etc because they do not strictly boost Speed, they boost the highest stat (Beast Boost) and the priority bracket. This does not include Motor Drive because it is an immunity primarily rather than a Speed-boosting tactic."

Speed BBoost is banned as a speed boosting ability and im p s sure beast boost is
Now that you mentioned it: getting a Speed Boost from Beast Boost is still legal, right (I am pretty sure, my opponent's Alakazam got a speed boost when it KO'ed one of my Mons)?

Core: Magearna and Venemoth Reserved
Don't forget, tinted lens is banned.

And since apparently the speed clause is confusing, here's what the Speed Clause and Weather Clause ban:
Unburden
Rattled
Speed Boost
Weak Armor
Swift Swim
Chlorophyll
Slush Rush
Sand Rush
Surge Surfer
Quick Feet
Snow Cloak
Sand Veil

+

(offensive)

Classic webs + contrary V-create combo. Shuckle provides the webs which, thanks to its Contrary ability, will give you a speed advantage prior to V-creating regardless of whether your webs are bounced back or not. Victini then becomes a frightening powerhouse that can snowball a victory with its V-create-Overheat-Stored Power set. Pairs well a lot of offensive abilities, though my favourite teammates for these two are toxic orb abusers in Gliscor, Zangoose and one of the Guts users, which keep Victini healthy and crank its power up to 11.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Due to a technical issue allowing endless switching without wasting turns, Wimp Out and Emergency Exit are now unshareable in Shared Power. They fall into the same umbrella as Trace currently.

Tagging Kris and The Immortal in order to fix this exploit as early as possible.
This is done, and will be hotpatched in very soon.
Edit: Server updated, patch live

Last edited:
Due to a technical issue allowing endless switching without wasting turns, Wimp Out and Emergency Exit are now unshareable in Shared Power. They fall into the same umbrella as Trace currently.
NOOOOO! MY GIMMICK!

To be fair tho I've gotten around 6 to 8 switches with a couple of rock weakness and stealth rocks up so I totally understand this

Nice to see the Good Cores resource coming into existence. I'd been thinking it'd be a better resource here than most and is honestly imo more useful than the Sample Teams.

Pretty good start to it too. Only obvious things missing off the top of my head are some of the stronger special attacking cores built around mons like Mega Houndoom and Tapu Lele.

Anyhow, the last 4 or so days I've been mucking around with balance to some surprisingly nice success, and here is a core that I do believe to be very effective in the current meta.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Scald / Hydro Pump

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Laval Plume / Fire Blast / Magma Storm / Incinerate
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

This is a very effective core at checking a large portion of the meta through type and ability synergy. A traditional FWG core with the addition of global immunities through Bulletproof, Water Absorb, and Flash Fire. Their typings naturally cover each other's weaknesses while also providing one another with immunities to fend for themselves. Chesnaught loves Flash Fire, Heatran froths Water Absorb, and they all benefit hugely from Bulletproof. Jellicent greatly appreciates immunities to Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Seed Bomb, Bullet Seed, and Zap Cannon, where as Heatran grabbing those immunities to Focus Blast and Aura Sphere allows it to take on horrifying Fairies and Psychic types such as Magearna, Lele and Zam. Hazards may seem redundant in a meta where Magic Guard and Bounce are so common, but these mons don't benefit too greatly from having other moves and match ups where getting hazards up is viable do exist. However able to take on the vast majority of threats and common builds, this core still benefits greatly from certain team support. A particular a strong damage boosting ability, such as Adaptability allows Wood Hammer, Hydro Pump and Fire Blast to melt through offence and apply pressure to defensive builds. Another massive boon is Unaware to ensure that this slower paced core can keep up with Contrary and Beast Boost/Moxie/Soul Heart stacking.

Here is a replay of the core in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sharedpower-700805659

Nice to see the Good Cores resource coming into existence. I'd been thinking it'd be a better resource here than most and is honestly imo more useful than the Sample Teams.

Pretty good start to it too. Only obvious things missing off the top of my head are some of the stronger special attacking cores built around mons like Mega Houndoom and Tapu Lele.

Anyhow, the last 4 or so days I've been mucking around with balance to some surprisingly nice success, and here is a core that I do believe to be very effective in the current meta.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Scald / Hydro Pump

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Laval Plume / Fire Blast / Magma Storm / Incinerate
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

This is a very effective core at checking a large portion of the meta through type and ability synergy. A traditional FWG core with the addition of global immunities through Bulletproof, Water Absorb, and Flash Fire. Their typings naturally cover each other's weaknesses while also providing one another with immunities to fend for themselves. Chesnaught loves Flash Fire, Heatran froths Water Absorb, and they all benefit hugely from Bulletproof. Jellicent greatly appreciates immunities to Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Seed Bomb, Bullet Seed, and Zap Cannon, where as Heatran grabbing those immunities to Focus Blast and Aura Sphere allows it to take on horrifying Fairies and Psychic types such as Magearna, Lele and Zam. Hazards may seem redundant in a meta where Magic Guard and Bounce are so common, but these mons don't benefit too greatly from having other moves and match ups where getting hazards up is viable do exist. However able to take on the vast majority of threats and common builds, this core still benefits greatly from certain team support. A particular a strong damage boosting ability, such as Adaptability allows Wood Hammer, Hydro Pump and Fire Blast to melt through offence and apply pressure to defensive builds. Another massive boon is Unaware to ensure that this slower paced core can keep up with Contrary and Beast Boost/Moxie/Soul Heart stacking.

Here is a replay of the core in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sharedpower-700805659
I doubted if bulletproof block zap cannon

Hey! Just a small update on a situation from earlier. Emergency Exit and Wimp Out are now shareable again, but they have been complex banned because it was still possible to cause endless battle with Wimpod + Golisopod teams. Since we abide by Smogon, and Smogon abides by the endless battle clause, we have decided to complex ban these abilities by disallowing their use ONLY on Regenerator teams.

It's been a wild day.​

I've been having a lot of success abusing Gale Wings Talonflame:
Lycanroc-Dusk for Tough Claws
Mega Beedrill for Adaptability
Honchkrow for Moxie and to abuse Brave Bird
Hawlucha with Mold Breaker to beat Dazzling/Queenly Majesty teams
and Alakazam for Magic Guard to get rid of Brave Bird recoil

Hey! Just a small update on a situation from earlier. Emergency Exit and Wimp Out are now shareable again, but they have been complex banned because it was still possible to cause endless battle with Wimpod + Golisopod teams. Since we abide by Smogon, and Smogon abides by the endless battle clause, we have decided to complex ban these abilities by disallowing their use ONLY on Regenerator teams.

It's been a wild day.​
hi there! i did this and want to talk about it.
so this was an idea that GL Volkner came up with a while ago, using hazards on your own side+regenerator+emergency exit to bring yourself just over(w/ regen) and just under (w/ hazards) 50%. however the REALLY BIG shoutout goes to nyan kat for bothering to put the team that could do this together.
so the team is eject button tsareena (to be easily sacked/used to tank a hit, plus provide antiprio), spikes klefki (i believe this was originally to provide prankster sub, which was needed to bring yourself below 50% safely before we figured out that endure+sitrus berry works just as well, but now it just safely sets spikes), spikes golisopod (provide eexit, lay spikes), rocks corsola (for rocks and regenerator), and our 2 abusers, 11 hp nosepass(sturdy, endure) and 11 hp pichu(could be literally anything else in the game that gets that low w/ endure. this could probably be merged w/ corsola into solosis and then let corsola's slot be filled w/ skill swap diancie or something but w/e).
now the big thing to know about this is that it is unbelievably, incredibly useless. the alt i was working with to try and do this is 2-50 and both wins were forfeits by a friend who was also trying to do this, because i was forfeiting every match where they didnt have magic bounce and still sometimes losing to mbounce if they had, like, infiltrator.
however, this will only ever work with pokemon with 10 or 11 raw hp, so low-base-hp mons at level 1 with 0 iv's, usually. this is because we need the regenerator hp gained to exactly match the damage to hazards, which only ever occurs when you have vv low health because of rounding.
so, what you would need to do is get up rocks and 3 layers of spikes on your side of the field using their mbounce, then get your abusers in and get them to exactly 3 hp using endure+sitrus, then regenerator will bring you to 6 hp just above the 50% threshold needed for emergency exit to proc again, and the rocks will do 1 hp and the spikes will do 2 to bring you back down to 3, forcing you to switch out again. from here you can just go back and forth forever, with no limits, in 1 turn. endless battle clause won't activate because its still within 1 turn (turn 11 on the replay attached above) so it will never hit the turn 1000 limit for ranked matches.

its dumb and im glad it was complex banned

I had great fun in this meta until I discovered skill link, the cookie cutter team seems to be mega beedrill, cloyster, technician, dazzling/qm and then the final slot can either be hustle no guard for more instant fire power or unaware moxie to beat stamina and snowball even harder. Mirror matches for this are whoever wins the speed tie between beedrils turn 1 wins the match. I haven't found anything as effective as this team nor anything to counter this team well.

While we're at it: what kind of experiences do you guys have with Serene Grace? I already find that ability stupid in and of itself, but luckily only Mons like Jirachi or Togekiss learn it. Now, in this metagame, I really think it is unhealthy and just screams to be exploited. Unless you have Inner Focus or some Regenerator Core, it is purely luck-based, which I don't think is good.

Has anyone else tried Crobat? While at first glance it might seem weak, it's pretty much an anti-meta support Pokemon. It has good tech like Fast Taunt / Tailwind / Defog, good lead matchup vs. common stuff like Beedrill / Shuckle, and Infiltrator is pretty much a guaranteed win vs. Harvest teams. Please do not take this as a nomination post, I'm just bringing it up to see if anyone else has used it. Personally, I had it on one of my teams for a while then had to change it because I needed that slot for something else, but it definitely pulled its weight.

While we're at it: what kind of experiences do you guys have with Serene Grace? I already find that ability stupid in and of itself, but luckily only Mons like Jirachi or Togekiss learn it. Now, in this metagame, I really think it is unhealthy and just screams to be exploited. Unless you have Inner Focus or some Regenerator Core, it is purely luck-based, which I don't think is good.
I think that the main problem with this are multihit mons and weavile. Also, this ability sinergizes well with mega diancie and no guard, letting moves like hurricane, zap cannon, air slash, dynamic punch and dragon rush never fail. But i never saw a extremely good SG team.

Has anyone else tried Crobat? While at first glance it might seem weak, it's pretty much an anti-meta support Pokemon. It has good tech like Fast Taunt / Tailwind / Defog, good lead matchup vs. common stuff like Beedrill / Shuckle, and Infiltrator is pretty much a guaranteed win vs. Harvest teams. Please do not take this as a nomination post, I'm just bringing it up to see if anyone else has used it. Personally, I had it on one of my teams for a while then had to change it because I needed that slot for something else, but it definitely pulled its weight.
I think aerodactil is better than crobat. His mega has a very useful ability and if you see harvest then you dont mega evolve and you win. He beats beedril and even manages to speed tie him, he also has taunt, stealth rock and i think he has tail wind too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)