BH Balanced Hackmons

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
The FUCK you mean shed isn't good
speaking as a "shedinja advocate" myself...:

shedinja is literally beaten by every-single-pokemon it wants to beat now. mm2y was practically the ONLY mon that wasnt set-in-stone running anti-shedinja moves, and now even THAT small niche has been removed. as a avid shedinja stall user, shedinja is perhaps one of the worst mons in the tier. requires WAY more support then other mons, while at the same time not doing NEARLY as much as it used too just because of how passive shedinja has to play now. sheddy went from a near unbreakable pivot, to a "if you dont know the moveset, dont stay in" pokemon. and if your opponent has a ghost (aka, giratina) shedinja will be doing NOTHING until its gone. even though it was doing hardly anything in the first place in fear of anti shed countermeasures.

if sheddy just had to be more weary of certain users, it would be okay. but not only does shedinja fear every single pokemon...it even has NATURALY ran counters to it in giratina and gengar and poison healers too. if that wasnt hard enough, it now has to choose between focus sash to hopefully revenge kill one or two mons with recycle due to the prevalence of sunsteel, moongeist, and photon, the contact-move-protector item, or lum, meaning it has to choose which of the three it will be "slightly less weak too"

and hazards still completely nullify it.

id love to say sheddy is still "good" but honestly, the meta naturally is WAY too prepared for it.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The FUCK you mean shed isn't good
I only post this to salvage what Shedinja can do, as you seem to be a fan. After Normalium-Z and Shell Smash it has +3 Attack and +3 Speed, which gives it enough Speed to Electrify and enough offense to leave a notable dent.

Shedinja @ Nornalium-Z / Focus Sash
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Thousand Arrows
- Electrify
- Shell Smash
- Conversion

Z-Conversion turns it into a Ground Type at +1 all stats, otherwise use Focus Sash for the eventual Photon Geyser/Mold Breaker.

Next turn Shell Smash to boost Speed and Attack. Now you will Outspeed anything without Priority, allowing you to Electrify any move, including Sacred Fire, Infestation, Poison Fang, Photon Geyser, Moongeist Beam, Sun Steel Strike, and Mold Breaker Attacks. Leech Seed, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, and friends are also stopped just like Thunder Wave on a Ground Type. Rough Skin, Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, won’t work since Thousand Arrows doesn’t make contact. It

Shedinja gets STAB on Thousand Arrows, and it is able to hit even Flying-Types with it. Each time you predict a switch, use Shell Smash.

Electrify also means score Enforcer won’t work, and even if hit, you can Electrify Moves that hit once Sturdy is gone

It’s not a perfect set, but what it lacks in Endeavor, it makes up with being immune to all of its normal checks. The only exceptions would be Hazards, Weather, and Priority Prankster Status moves, or Mold Breaker Priority such as Extreme Speed.

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 398-470 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 320-380 (79.4 - 94.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 338-402 (92.8 - 110.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zekrom: 398-470 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I only post this to salvage what Shedinja can do, as you seem to be a fan. After Normalium-Z and Shell Smash it has +3 Attack and +3 Speed, which gives it enough Speed to Electrify and enough offense to leave a notable dent.

Shedinja @ Nornalium-Z / Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Thousand Arrows
- Electrify
- Shell Smash
- Conversion

Z-Conversion turns it into a Ground Type at +1 all stats, otherwise use Focus Sash for the eventual Photon Geyser/Mold Breaker.

Next turn Shell Smash to boost Speed and Attack. Now you will Outspeed anything without Priority, allowing you to Electrify any move, including Sacred Fire, Infestation, Poison Fang, Photon Geyser, Moongeist Beam, Sun Steel Strike, and Mold Breaker Attacks. Leech Seed, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, and friends are also stopped just like Thunder Wave on a Ground Type. Rough Skin, Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, won’t work since Thousand Arrows doesn’t make contact. It

Shedinja gets STAB on Thousand Arrows, and it is able to hit even Flying-Types with it. Each time you predict a switch, use Shell Smash.

Electrify also means score Enforcer won’t work, and even if hit, you can Electrify Moves that hit once Sturdy is gone

It’s not a perfect set, but what it lacks in Endeavor, it makes up with being immune to all of its normal checks. The only exceptions would be Hazards, Weather, and Priority Prankster Status moves, or Mold Breaker Priority such as Extreme Speed.

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 398-470 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Groudon-Primal: 320-380 (79.4 - 94.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 338-402 (92.8 - 110.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zekrom: 398-470 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
This set is very problematic. First of all, it's unlikely to get a Conversion up when you have a nice 196 maximum Speed. Even when you get a +1 (which is unlikely given the pervasiveness of SunGeist Geyser) you don't even outspeed base 100s with a paltry 294.

The power from Shell Smash is also deceiving, for Shedinja doesn't get much with only base 90 Attack. The damage calcs seem to prove my point, for all of them are super effective hits. None of them run Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam, or Photon Geyser regularly (Dialga runs Core Enforcer which is a bit unreliable, Registeel may have Will-o-Wisp, and Groudon-Primal may have Sacred Fire) so there is almost no incentive to switch, especially into a suspicious-looking Ground-type Shedinja.

Here are some real switchins Shedinja would have:
+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 181-214 (35.9 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 175-207 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Zygarde-Complete: 73-87 (11.4 - 13.6%) -- possible 8HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Unaware Kyogre-Primal: 97-115 (24 - 28.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 4HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Yveltal: 85-102 (18.6 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 189-223 (26.8 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

As you can see, even if Shedinja had the opportunity to set-up, it can be walled very easily by just sending it a fatmon. Said fatmon can simply PP stall either TArrows or Electrify, and then go for a Will-o-Wisp or pivot into a mon with SunGeist Geyser.

Basically, Shedinja doesn't need a gimmicky set (that doesn't really pan out well in the first place) to be successful. It just needs a bit of scouting and team support.

One example of a pretty good core is:

Shedinja @ Protective Pads / Lum Berry / Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD / 21 Spe (to outspeed minimum speed 50s)
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed / Shadow Sneak
- Spiky Shield
- Baton Pass / U-Turn (if using Protective Pads)

and

(choose one)

Gyarados-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Liquidation
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Liquidation / Spectral Thief / Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Nuzzle / Spectral Thief / Poison Fang
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
- Spiky Shield / King's Shield / Shore Up
- Pursuit / Spectral Thief / Liquidation
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega is a really good teammate for Shedinja because it is immune to Photon Geyser and resists Moongeist Beam and Sunsteel Strike. It can, in particular, counter a good amount of Mewtwo-Mega-Ys since most run Choice Specs. Regenerator sets are to better secure a KO on Psychics, Poison Heal can be used to block status, while Unaware beats boosted SunGeist Geyser users.

This core has to watch out for Mewtwo-Mega-Xs and Kartana, however, so you can add something like Flash Fire Solgaleo to check them.

download (1).jpeg
My friend came up with this Shedinja. Wrecked my whole team
Ability: Magic Bounce
Item: Focus Sash
Moves:
1: Spore
2: Calm Mind
3: Stored Power
4: Recycle
What to do:

First: Use Spore
Next: Calm Mind a bunch of times
Then: Stored power EVERYTHING!!!!!

If you lose your focus sash, use recycle, and make sure to use spore!!!
Weaknesses:
Anything that's faster and has a move like rock blast is game over for this one.
!

p.s. make sure to devote speed to this guy

Last edited:
download (2).jpeg
Blissey is usually used as a bulky impostor user. But one thing you can do with this Pokemon is turn it into a nuke that can almost instantly kill any Pokemon.

Ability: There isn't a specific ability that is needed. Some suggestions are Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, and Scrappy.
Item: Once again, there really isn't any specific item, but something that'll keep Blissey alive is best recommended.
Moves:

1: Oder sleuth
2: Final Gambit
3: (Optional)
4: (Optional)

So here's how it works. The key to this potential bomb is making sure that Blissey has as much health as possible. Then after that, all you need to do is use Final Gambit on one of your opponent's stronger Pokemon. This, if Blissey has max health and IVs in HP, should do over 700 damage, easily OHKOing any Pokemon.

Weaknesses:
Ghost Types can be a problem due to Final Gambit being a Fighting Type move. One way to counter this is having Blissey know Odor Sleuth or having the ability Scrappy.
Another problem is if the opponent's Pokemon has a Focus Sash or the ability Sturdy. This can be countered with Blissy knowing another attacking move. However, this can leave Blissey vulnerable to the enemies attack.
Not having enough health is by far the biggest issue for this Blissey, but can be countered with Blissey knowing a healing move like Soft-Boiled.
Another major counter is if Blissey has a status condition like poison or asleep. If Blissey has a Lum Berry or the either Magic Guard or Magic Bounce this shouldn't be a problem.

What do you think about this Blissey? If you use it, have fun!!!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
This set is very problematic. First of all, it's unlikely to get a Conversion up when you have a nice 196 maximum Speed. Even when you get a +1 (which is unlikely given the pervasiveness of SunGeist Geyser) you don't even outspeed base 100s with a paltry 294.

The power from Shell Smash is also deceiving, for Shedinja doesn't get much with only base 90 Attack. The damage calcs seem to prove my point, for all of them are super effective hits. None of them run Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam, or Photon Geyser regularly (Dialga runs Core Enforcer which is a bit unreliable, Registeel may have Will-o-Wisp, and Groudon-Primal may have Sacred Fire) so there is almost no incentive to switch, especially into a suspicious-looking Ground-type Shedinja.

Here are some real switchins Shedinja would have:
+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 181-214 (35.9 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 175-207 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Zygarde-Complete: 73-87 (11.4 - 13.6%) -- possible 8HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Unaware Kyogre-Primal: 97-115 (24 - 28.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 4HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Yveltal: 85-102 (18.6 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO

+3 252 Atk Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 189-223 (26.8 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

As you can see, even if Shedinja had the opportunity to set-up, it can be walled very easily by just sending it a fatmon. Said fatmon can simply PP stall either TArrows or Electrify, and then go for a Will-o-Wisp or pivot into a mon with SunGeist Geyser.

Basically, Shedinja doesn't need a gimmicky set (that doesn't really pan out well in the first place) to be successful. It just needs a bit of scouting and team support.

One example of a pretty good core is:

Shedinja @ Protective Pads / Lum Berry / Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD / 21 Spe (to outspeed minimum speed 50s)
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed / Shadow Sneak
- Spiky Shield
- Baton Pass / U-Turn (if using Protective Pads)

and

(choose one)

Gyarados-Mega @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Liquidation
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Liquidation / Spectral Thief / Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Nuzzle / Spectral Thief / Poison Fang
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
- Spiky Shield / King's Shield / Shore Up
- Pursuit / Spectral Thief / Liquidation
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Gyarados-Mega is a really good teammate for Shedinja because it is immune to Photon Geyser and resists Moongeist Beam and Sunsteel Strike. It can, in particular, counter a good amount of Mewtwo-Mega-Ys since most run Choice Specs. Regenerator sets are to better secure a KO on Psychics, Poison Heal can be used to block status, while Unaware beats boosted SunGeist Geyser users.

This core has to watch out for Mewtwo-Mega-Xs and Kartana, however, so you can add something like Flash Fire Solgaleo to check them.
Registeel does sometimes carry Toxic and occasionally Will-o-Wisp, so nailing it on the switch in is important.
Dialga does carry Core Enforcer. I am adding calculations for Solgaleo and Dusk Mane, as they definitely carry Sunsteel Strike

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo: 432-510 (90.3 - 106.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+3 252 Atk Protean Shedinja Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 288-339 (72.3 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Giratina walls the set you mentioned even better than the 1 I mentioned...

Most Poison Heal users (Like Your Gyarados-Mega) carry a variation of Protect to stall for healing, and if Audino-Mega carries Spiky Shield, or Baneful Bunker then your Shedinja dies when it tries to use Endeavor or Extreme Speed (Water Shuriken is better because it doesn’t make contact while going first), as you aren’t sure whether to carry Protective Pads, Focus Sash, or Lum Berry.

If you carry Focus Sash then you are susceptible to Baneful Bunker.

Your set is vulnerable to any Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, Rough Skin, or Mold Breaker, not to mention Core Enforcer, Photon Geyser, Sunsteel Strike, and Moongeist Beam. If you are concerned my Shedinja isn’t fast enough, what protects yours, as it is slower?

Both carry Sturdy, and I don’t see the Advantage besides Endeavor which is countered by any Ghost type like Gengar-Mega which can use Entrainment + Normalize or Moongeist Beam, Giratina which can use Moongeist Beam, Core Enforcer, or Baneful Bunker, and even Aegislash. All moves you mentioned... which are guaranteed counters for your set beside Focus Sash (Which takes precedence and Breaks even if the opponent uses a move Sturdy would work on).

My Shedinja stops it’s Counters cold, thanks to Electrify and each time they pivot (as you mentioned) to a Sunsteel, Moongeist, etc. user it can simply use Shell Smash on the switch. Or prevent a pivot if it’s U-Turn or Parting Shot with Electrify, while Volt Switch is blocked by virtue of its Ground Typing... I guess they could Baton Pass but means they are less able to pivot in the first place... and have to do a flat out switch, giving me a free turn.

I pair mine with a Mega Gyarados as well:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature

- Dragon Tail
- Knock Off
- Shore Up
- Spikes

Illusion my own Shedinja and makes it imposter proof after I Mega and keep the Illusion after sustaining damage.

Last edited:
Did your calculations bother to include STAB?
not my post but I did redo the calcs and yes, they are made using STAB.

Giratina walls the set you mentioned even better than the 1 I mentioned...
this is true of the listed set but that can be worked around using Soak.

Most Poison Heal users (Like Your Gyarados-Mega) carry a variation of Protect to stall for healing, and if Audino-Mega carries Spiky Shield, or Baneful Bunker then your Shedinja dies when it tries to use Endeavor or Extreme Speed (Water Shuriken is better because it doesn’t make contact, in spite of it dealing less damage), as you aren’t sure whether to carry Protective Pads, Focus Sash, or Lum Berry. And if you carry Focus Sash or Protective Pads then you are susceptible to Baneful Bunker.
all of these are problems with your set and things Shedinja needs to work around. Also are you sure Protective Pads doesn't stop Baneful Bunker?

Both carry Sturdy, and I don’t see the Advantage besides Endeavor which is countered by any Ghost type like Gengar-Mega which can use Entrainment + Normalize or Moongeist Beam, Giratina which can use Moongeist Beam, Core Enforcer, or Baneful Bunker, and even Aegislash.
All your set has done is taken this existing set and given it more problems. Your set can't deal with any of these checks you've mentioned while also struggling further because you can't wallbreak or deter switchins as well as the main set can.

Blissey
1: Oder sleuth
2: Final Gambit
3: (Optional)
4: (Optional)
if your opponent outspeeds you and attacks you're going to lose power, and there's nothing stopping the opponent switching into a ghost or something which they don't need at that stage

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
not my post but I did redo the calcs and yes, they are made using STAB.

this is true of the listed set but that can be worked around using Soak.

all of these are problems with your set and things Shedinja needs to work around. Also are you sure Protective Pads doesn't stop Baneful Bunker?

All your set has done is taken this existing set and given it more problems. Your set can't deal with any of these checks you've mentioned while also struggling further because you can't wallbreak or deter switchins as well as the main set can.
Thats actually incorrect. Remember, my Thousand Arrows doesn’t make contact so Baneful Bunker and Spikey Shield cannot hurt it, nor can Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, or Rough Skin. Here: https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thousand_Arrows_(move)

Soak wasn’t slashed...

It doesn’t suffer the same problems hence why it stops its counters via Electrify, so Mold Breaker and Photon Geyser do not affect it by virtue of its typing regardless of ability. Can’t be killed if it’s immune...

Um, it deters switching because Electrify stops U-Turn, Parting Shot, and it’s already immune to Volt Switch. Baton Pass and switching gives it a free turn to set up Shell Smash which means it can stall with Electrify to force a switch, especially when paired with Sticky Webs for Speed tiers or Toxic Spikes to rack up damage and basically grant itself immunity from any targeting status move or attack.

Last edited:
1518542574623.png
Mega Gengar is a Pokemon known for being extremely broken. Its Shadow Tag can crumble a team strategy easily. But have you ever thought of a Normalize Gengar?

Ability: Normalize
Item: Its recommended to have Gengar hold a plate, probably a Dread Plate

Moves:
1: Entrainment

2: Judgement
3: (A status move)
4: (Any protective move)

How it works:
Normalize isn't a very used ability due to it being the hidden ability of Skitty and Delcatty, who aren't really used often. But if you have it on a speedy ghost like Gengar, it can be a pain to face against. All you need to do is use Entrainment on your opponent and watch them as they can't attack you! The reason for this is that Normalize makes all of your moves Normal Type, and since Gengar is a Ghost type, that means your opponent's attacks will have no effect. Now, you may think that Gengar will have the same problem, but because Gengar knows Judgement and it's holding a plate, Normalize won't effect Judgement!

Weaknesses:
Moves that'll change your type like soak can be devastating to Gengar, but since these moves aren't commonly used, this shouldn't be an issue for the most part.
A Pokemon with Magic Bounce can negate your Entrainment. However, when the enemy bounces the move back, it actually changes Gengar's ability to Magic Bounce as well, possibly creating a more deadly Pokemon.
A fast Psychic Type like Mewtwo Y, if strong enough, can potentially end Gengar. But if Gengar gets the Entrainment on Mewtwo Y, this won't be a problem

If you use this one have fun with it!!!

My friend came up with this Shedinja. Wrecked my whole team

This set is pretty.... ummm... basically, anything with Safety Goggles, Poison Heal, Comatose, Misty Surge, or Magic Bounce beats it as they can just keep attacking until your Recycle runs out, as all you can do in such a situation is spam Recycle. Mold Breaker status users kill it outright. Any Dark type walls it without lifting a finger, even if it spends the next 100 turns asleep. Calm Mind is inferior to Quiver Dance 99% of the time, only beaten when you're setting up in Trick Room (but then, why are you wasting precious Trick Room turns setting up?) or if you really, really, really, really have to dodge Core Enforcer. Spectral Thief steals your boosts, Haze removes them, Imposter counter-sweeps, Knock Off stops your recycle, multi-hit moves and residual damage moves like Infestation KO outright, Mold Breaker Taunt and Encore shut the set down, Dragon Tail resets it, and even at max boost it can't OHKO most common walls. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some things here.

No offense, but if you lose to that set then your team really needs some work.

Blissey is usually used as a bulky impostor user. But one thing you can do with this Pokemon is turn it into a nuke that can almost instantly kill any Pokemon.

This is pretty much Blissey's most common non-Imposter set, so team preview causes people to take caution and seeing one switch-in without Imposter tips your opponent off immediately. Odor Sleuth confirms it. Best case scenario against a competent opponent: they sacrifice their least useful Pokemon.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
honestly, the best partner i find for shedinja is a illusion mon. ive been running kanga+sheddy as a "2hko core" and its amazing how much it can accomplish. kanga is capable of scouting for anti-shed moves, while also heavily punishing them. and not only can it do that, it also laughs at shedinja's main switchin: giratina. it can REALLY mess up your opponents momentum if they accidentally sacrifice their giratina as kanga can easily drag your entire team to under 25% hp if you dont take immidiate countermeasures.

typically my kanga runs
kangaskhan@ kangaskhanite
Careful Nature
- Natures Madness
- Extreme Speed
- Strength sap(mostly to fully recover HP vs non-bouncers...typically bouncers fear this combo too much to switch in, except arceus)
- Night Shade

its a interesting concept because kanga is more designed to take down defensive mons, while shedinja is more focused on removing offensive pokemon. and as kanga disguised as shedinja lures in defensive pokemon like regenners and giratina, its a very scary duo even if your aware of their shenanigans.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
honestly, the best partner i find for shedinja is a illusion mon. ive been running kanga+sheddy as a "2hko core" and its amazing how much it can accomplish. kanga is capable of scouting for anti-shed moves, while also heavily punishing them. and not only can it do that, it also laughs at shedinja's main switchin: giratina. it can REALLY mess up your opponents momentum if they accidentally sacrifice their giratina as kanga can easily drag your entire team to under 25% hp if you dont take immidiate countermeasures.

typically my kanga runs
kangaskhan@ kangaskhanite
Careful Nature
- Natures Madness
- Extreme Speed
- Strength sap(mostly to fully recover HP vs non-bouncers...typically bouncers fear this combo too much to switch in, except arceus)
- Night Shade

its a interesting concept because kanga is more designed to take down defensive mons, while shedinja is more focused on removing offensive pokemon. and as kanga disguised as shedinja lures in defensive pokemon like regenners and giratina, its a very scary duo even if your aware of their shenanigans.
I agree Illusion is a great ally, also Imposter helps scout the movesets and reveal what has an anti-Shedinja move (Judgement Plate Ghost Or Moongeist Beam Gengar-Mega).
I think your set is a great underrated set. Another option for Parental Bond is Metal Sound, as both hits are at full power.

So if it takes 200 Damage, it dishes out 600 Damage. (200 x 1.5 = 300 x 2 = 600). Could be more useful than Night Shade when predicting a hit. This means anything beneath Zygarde’s HP will be KOed.

According to Bulbapedia:
Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst and Bide deal the full amount of damage for both strikes

Last edited:
FallingPeasant99

You should consider not posting so many very questionable sets like that. Magikarp and Blissey with Final Gambit may be very funny but you're harming the quality of this thread big time. Not sure if you think this is a joke or are just genuinely new, but just in case this is serious you ought to check out this thread (particularly the viability rankings and Set-Pedia) for some guidance.

Last edited:
FallingPeasant99

You should consider not posting so many very questionable sets like that. Magikarp and Blissey with Final Gambit may be very funny but you're harming the quality of this thread big time. Not sure if you think this is a joke or are just genuinely new, but just in case this is serious you ought to check out this thread (particularly the viability rankings and Set-Pedia
k my bad I'm new thx for letting me know

I have a question

If you give a Pokemon the ability Serene Grace, a King's Rock, and a move like Bullet Seed, can it potentially lead to a deadly combo??? Cause If the move hit 5 times it would be a 100% flinch chance. Would this be a useful combo?

I have a question

If you give a Pokemon the ability Serene Grace, a King's Rock, and a move like Bullet Seed, can it potentially lead to a deadly combo??? Cause If the move hit 5 times it would be a 100% flinch chance. Would this be a useful combo?
it isnt 100% flinch chance because of how probabilities work, but yes with something like Beat Up king's rock serene grace you can get about 70% flinches.

Just two bits of general advice:
a) most of these questions are more suited to being asked in the OM Room on Pokemon Showdown or in the OM Discord so you can try asking in one of those first and only resort to here if no-one has an answer.
b) you shouldn't make two posts in a row; if you were the last person to post here you can edit your new thing into your previous post just to save space in the thread. (normally write Edit: if you're adding something completely new so people don't get confused at a post changing)

Edit: (good example of an edit here) kings rock serene grace gives 73.8% flinches with Beat Up and 67.2% flinch on Bullet seed etc if they hit 5 times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)