Project OU Next Best Thing V2 Week 4: Landorus-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm just gonna end the voting now because Metal Sound Heatran by Prisoner952 has obviously won.

Week 2's Pokemon will be Zygarde! Zygarde definitely has some weird techs in his movepool that are sure to make for some interesting sets. The deadline to submit sets will be Thursday, February 22nd and the voting period will end on Saturday, February 24th. I'm looking forward to see what you guys can come up with! If anyone wants to post Specs Zygarde I'll love you forever.

Last edited:
Hello friends,

Today I'm here to share with you the true future of Zygarde,
Weakness Policy Bulky Offensive Dragon Dance Mixed Zygarde (& Knuckles!)

Zygarde @
Weakness Policy
Ability:
Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 168 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Here's the thing - with Landorus-T being such an (over)centralizing force in the current OU metagame, there's bound to be tons of 'mons that carry super-effective HP Ice coverage specifically for the 50% usage Ground/Flying monster himself. Omnipresent 'mons like Zapdos, Tapu Koko and the aforementioned Landorus-T all carry HP Ice coverage, none of which can ever OHKO bulkier variants of Zygarde like the one listed. In return, Zygarde can instantly boost up to +3/+2/+1 in one turn by eating a supereffective HP Ice and Dragon Dancing, then proceed to use these boosts to run through the vast majority of the OU metagame with powerful priority ExtremeSpeeds and near unresisted Thousand Arrows coverage. The listed EVs make sure that Zygarde outruns Tapu Koko and Lopunny-M at +1, while the HP investment means that you are never OHKOd by Specs Tapu Koko's HP Ice from full (i.e. before Rocks).

Draco Meteor might seem like an odd choice, but Weakness Policy also gives +2 in SpAtk as well, which allows Zygarde to hit ~356 SpAtk, which is the equivalent of a 252/252+ Timid Magearna's Fleur Cannon. This is mostly useful for two 'mons in particular - Kartana, which is cleanly OHKOd by +2 Draco Meteor thanks to its absolutely abysmal SpDef stat, and Physically Defensive Landorus-T, which takes ~70% from a +2 Draco Meteor, meaning that only slight chip is required to remove one of the most consistent Zygarde checks in the game from existence.

+2 0- SpA Zygarde Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 246-291 (64.3 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0- SpA Zygarde Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 253-298 (97.6 - 115%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 169-199 (48 - 56.5%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 195-231 (48.9 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Zapdos: 283-334 (73.8 - 87.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 348-410 (114.4 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 170-200 (60.4 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 209-247 (83.2 - 98.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 204-241 (71.5 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

For more information on this build and a sample team revolving around WP Zygarde, check out my two-month-old RMT, "A Cruel Angel's Thesis." (shameless promotion).

Thanks for reading, and have a good day!

Last edited:
Reserving Thousand Waves Trapper
All right let's do this

Here's the set
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 176 Hp / 20 Atk / 112 Def / 192 Spdef
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Core Enforcer
- Substitute
- Toxic

Thousand Waves is such a unique move that I'm surprised more people don't run it. The premise of this set is simple: eradicate most types of stall, and most bulky balances while you laugh maniacally on you computer/ phone. Thanks to Thousand Waves, Zygarde can surprise and trap prominent threats on Stall like Chansey and Mega-Sableye, and precede to ruin their days ( Try to think of this as a fat Dugtrio that has to use a move). The listed EVs helps Zygarde survive attacks from most stall pokemon within the substitute, and allows for Chansey to not break the substitute with Seismic Toss. Core Enforcer might seem really odd at first glance, but it actually has a purpose. Thanks to Zygarde out speeding the majority of stall Pokemon, this allows for some fun shenanigans, like removing Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce so that you can toxic it which is really important in the match-up, or removing Gliscor's Poison Heal first turn it's in, so that it gets harmed by the Toxic Orb. Stall also runs less Clefable and more Quagsire, which is a boon. There isn't much else to say about this set, since the premise is relatively simple; Substitute, Thousand Waves, Toxic, and Core Enforcer if you have to first. ( As a side note, yes this set is completely walled by Skarmory, but I don't think stall even runs Skarm that much thanks to Gliscor)

Wonderful world of calcs
Chansey Seismic Toss vs. 176 HP Zygarde: 100-100 (24.9 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Sableye-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 176 HP / 84+ Def Zygarde: 67-79 (16.7 - 19.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 176 HP / 192 SpD Zygarde: 36-42 (8.9 - 10.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 176 HP / 84+ Def Zygarde: 75-88 (18.7 - 21.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 176 HP / 84+ Def Zygarde: 67-81 (16.7 - 20.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 176 HP / 112+ Def Zygarde: 84-100 (20.9 - 24.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 176 HP / 192 SpD Zygarde: 93-111 (23.1 - 27.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Alomomola Scald vs. 176 HP / 192 SpD Zygarde: 37-45 (9.2 - 11.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 176 HP / 112+ Def Zygarde: 66-78 (16.4 - 19.4%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 176 HP / 192 SpD Zygarde: 46-55 (11.4 - 13.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

EDIT:
this is literally the 5th trapping set I have posted on these threads, I think I have a problem. Please LL, make sure next pokemon doesn't have trapping moves so I don't give in to the temptations.

Last edited:
1518917235275.png

Zygarde @ Life Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Rash Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Core Enforcer / Extreme Speed
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I was looking through SPL replays trying to find heat teams to steal and I found Poek's specs Zygarde team. Unfortunately, he lost really bad with it, so I figured that specs zygarde was hot trash, so i modified the set a little. the premise is the same as specs Zygarde: lure landorus and tapu bulu, I just think its way better since you don't need to predict. After stealth rock, thousand arrows into sludge wave kills Tapu Bulu, and thousand arrows into hidden power ice kills Lando. Core Enforcer is cool because you remove the regen off of tangrowth and also OHKOs latios. It also does a ton to kartana and prevents beast boost.

Last edited:
Assaul Vest Zygarde

Zygarde @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Sludge Wave

Here we have a bulkier Zygarde, which uses the extra bulk provided by Assault Vest to cover its special side while dropping the boosting moves that let's it outsped by many threats anyway. With this item you can stack one regular attack plus ESpeed more reliably.
The moveslot freed can be used to run an additional coverage move i.e. Sludge Wave towards some annoying Faeries such as Tapu Bulu.

This Zygarde can be EV'd accordingly to what you want to tank with AV.

Calcs incoming:
0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Zygarde: 244-288 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Zygarde: 218-258 (60.8 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Zygarde: 296-350 (82.6 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Zygarde: 254-300 (70.9 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Zygarde: 138-164 (38.5 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Toxic

SubCoil Zygarde has a pretty good MU vs stall and fatter balances, especially considering that stall tends to run Quag>Clef as its unaware 'mon of choice nowadays; if it lacks Ice Beam, Zyg just sets up Sub in its face and puts it on a timer with Toxic before setting up in its face with Coil. Just in general it sets up on a lot of stuff with its good natural bulk and the defense-boosting nature of Coil. The listed EVs outrun modest Heatran, and before you scream "but noone runs modest tran!!!!111" it also serves the purpose of getting the jump on timid Gears, jolly Tar etc. you could also You can also run like Glare or ESpeed over Toxic but imo that kinda defeats the point of using SubCoil Zyg outside of maybe on paraspam squads; the do improve its offense matchup a lot tho, so it's not like they're total non-options.

Last edited:
Specs Zygarde

Zygarde @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Core Enforcer / Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

If ever there was something that embodied the term 'surprise OHKO', then this would be it. Poek used this against Bharath in week 3 of SPL, and I think this was also brought up in Snake Draft last year (so 2017 October or November-ish).

HP Ice is almost exclusively for Lando-T, though catching opposing Zygardes and Gliscors certainly doesn't hurt. Sludge Wave screws over Bulu and Tang, and hits other Fairies not named M-Mawile quite hard. EPower is obligatory STAB, and the choice between Core Enforcer and Draco Meteor is up to you, depending on if you want raw power or a 100% accurate move, with more PP, and an offensive Gastro Acid on targets faster than you. Fair warning, the conditional ability suppression doesn't see much use other than on things that can't blow you out of the water instantly, such as Torn-T's Regenerator or M-Pinsir's Aerilate. Use it primarily for its reliable spammability.

I'd say it's almost mandatory that you pair this with Magnezone for things like Steela, MSciz, Ferro and Skarm. Also, do be warned: Once you reveal that you're running this set, it gets a lot harder to catch your opponent by surprise, so make that first surprise kill count. It still hits decently hard, though, especially with Magnezone taking bulky Steels out of the equation.

If anyone wants to post Specs Zygarde I'll love you forever.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hello friends,

Today I'm here to share with you the true future of Zygarde,
Weakness Policy Bulky Offensive Dragon Dance Mixed Zygarde (& Knuckles!)

Zygarde @
Weakness Policy
Ability:
Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 168 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Here's the thing - with Landorus-T being such an (over)centralizing force in the current OU metagame, there's bound to be tons of 'mons that carry super-effective HP Ice coverage specifically for the 50% usage Ground/Flying monster himself. Omnipresent 'mons like Zapdos, Tapu Koko and the aforementioned Landorus-T all carry HP Ice coverage, none of which can ever OHKO bulkier variants of Zygarde like the one listed. In return, Zygarde can instantly boost up to +3/+2/+1 in one turn by eating a supereffective HP Ice and Dragon Dancing, then proceed to use these boosts to run through the vast majority of the OU metagame with powerful priority ExtremeSpeeds and near unresisted Thousand Arrows coverage. The listed EVs make sure that Zygarde outruns Tapu Koko and Lopunny-M at +1, while the HP investment means that you are never OHKOd by Specs Tapu Koko's HP Ice from full (i.e. before Rocks).

Draco Meteor might seem like an odd choice, but Weakness Policy also gives +2 in SpAtk as well, which allows Zygarde to hit ~356 SpAtk, which is the equivalent of a 252/252+ Timid Magearna's Fleur Cannon. This is mostly useful for two 'mons in particular - Kartana, which is cleanly OHKOd by +2 Draco Meteor thanks to its absolutely abysmal SpDef stat, and Physically Defensive Landorus-T, which takes ~70% from a +2 Draco Meteor, meaning that only slight chip is required to remove one of the most consistent Zygarde checks in the game from existence.

+2 0- SpA Zygarde Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 246-291 (64.3 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0- SpA Zygarde Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 253-298 (97.6 - 115%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 169-199 (48 - 56.5%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 195-231 (48.9 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Zapdos: 283-334 (73.8 - 87.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 348-410 (114.4 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 170-200 (60.4 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 209-247 (83.2 - 98.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 168+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 204-241 (71.5 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

For more information on this build and a sample team revolving around WP Zygarde, check out my two-month-old RMT, "A Cruel Angel's Thesis." (shameless promotion).

Thanks for reading, and have a good day!
This is a cool idea and I've heard it before, actually used it a few times even. I think that this is probably one of the frontrunners to win, in my eyes, but your set is not ideal as you have it, in my opinion.

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

This is a similar spread, but it gives you Iron Tail for Bulu and Clefable which come up very often -- Draco sort of defeats the purpose of the set as the spread lets you eat the HP Ice from LandoT with ease and then get the +3 TA off against it, which should easily be enough later in the game assuming your team is built to synergize with Zygarde. Draco and dragon coverage in general really is not needed here and while I get the mixed niche seems cool, it is best left for more novelty/lure intensive sets and contradicts the whole point of taking advantage of the boosts here given how games are meant to go with this as the win condition.

Anyway, my submission will be a bit more of a proper mixed AV Zygarde. To be brutally honest, the set above seems suboptimal on a number of fronts for AV Zygarde and I've unironically used this recently to quite a bit of success.

Zygarde @ Assault Vest
EVs: 72 HP / 120 Atk / 8 Def / 40 SpA / 176 SpD / 92 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave

^ sums it up -- here is a replay of it going off and I can say without a doubt that this set has actual niche and practical value. it's really annoying for bulky-o/offense to switch into in general and comes in a lot, but it isnt very effective vs fatter teams unlike DD sets or the CB set, which can be irksome. I like to pair it w/ Wish or grassy terrain in order to increase longevity, but there are a number of approaches -- hope people enjoy!

HCJB

Banned deucer.
Lure LO Zygarde

Zygarde @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Sludge Wave

This is a set I'm currently using on my team, mainly because I already have my Z-move taken up elsewhere and I'm not a big fan of Outrage without Dragonium-Z. The main thing this set does is provide surprise super-effective fairy coverage, which crucially means you can't be walled by Bulu - 2HKOing Assault Vest variants which you can catch on the switch and OHKOing other sets. As Bulu is a common counter, this helps pave the way for a Zygarde sweep. Alternately, Hidden Power Ice can be used to get past Lando easier instead, assuming he switches in on your Dragon Dance - but then you have to take a HP Ice yourself which will quickly put you out of the running in a few turns with the LO recoil.

4 SpA Life Orb Zygarde Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 203-239 (59.1 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Zygarde Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 317-374 (112.8 - 133%) -- guaranteed OHKO

While most other fairies aren't going to suffer too much from the coverage, it usually takes a nice 40% from a lot of them, allowing another teammate to better clean with them weakened. Additionally, compared to Dragonium Z sets and Leftovers sets, LO 252+ Extreme Speed is quite a bit more punchy, allowing for better revenge potential on weakened fast mons (particularly when paired with other strong priority - Ash-Greninja Water Shuriken, Mega-Pinsir Aerialate Quick Attack, Mega-Scizor Bullet Punch - or speed control like Scarf Koko):

252+ Atk Life Orb Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 118-140 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 143-169 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 147-173 (58.5 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 125-148 (41.5 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 110-130 (40.5 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

LO also allows you to move past Ferrothorn and Skarmory at the +1 Atk level with Thousand Arrows, which most other sets fail to do:

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 149-177 (44.7 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 48 Def Ferrothorn: 199-235 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (142 BP at +1 Speed on Zygarde) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Zygarde: 136-162 (38 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

While the LO recoil is a bit of a bitch, the boost to Extreme Speed and Thousand Arrows is definitely pretty nice. Lonely so you don't drop SpDef to better handle a HP Ice, and max speed to tie with other 252 Spe Zygarde.

EDIT: Here's a quick replay of the set in action, taking out Bulu and then being able the chunk Zapdos afterwards: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-706502077

Last edited:
adrenaline orb coil zygarde

Zygarde @ Adrenaline Orb
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 32 SpA / 28 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extreme Speed

So if you do not already know, an adrenaline orb is consumed when the user is switched into by a mon with intimidate, raising the holder’s speed by 1. Being a physical attacker, zygarde attracts intimidate users, namely Landorus t, who activate the adrenaline orb and up its speed. I chose to use coil in congregation with this item because zygarde will be outspending everything up to koko with the given spread at +1 which lets it run coil to boost its defense rather than using DD to boost its speed further.. With that I will go into specific scenarios of what to do against various intimidate users.

• defensive lando: 2hko it with hp ice (after leftovers) after the speed boost from adrenaline orb, simple as that. Even if you guess wrong you won’t die to one hp ice.
  • scarf hp ice lando: this is probably the most problematic situation. You can easily 2hko Landorus with hp ice, dealing 64-75% per hit(arrows do 25-30% after intimidate so an hp ice alongside it will garuntee a ko after rocks). Your defensive evs allow you to have a 16% chance of being 2hko’d after rocks, so you can probably win a 1v1 with it even if you don’t hit it on the switch in.
  • Non-hp ice lando: just setup coils until you can’t take another hit or 2hko with hp ice if they get you low with a crit or ssss
  • mega gyarados: you will outspeed a neutral one, and setup coils on it. If they setup dragon dances, just setup coils and then espeed them and take no damage once they are at max boost. The occasional ice fang variant is a pain in the ass, however.
  • Mega mawile: if you know they will switch mawile into a zygarde, hit it with arrows to 2hko it. At neutral, you cannot ohko m-mawile, so don’t try to coil on the switch in. Because of its play rough can ohko you at neutral and ohko you after rocks after a coil.

Last edited:
This is a cool idea and I've heard it before, actually used it a few times even. I think that this is probably one of the frontrunners to win, in my eyes, but your set is not ideal as you have it, in my opinion.

EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

This is a similar spread, but it gives you Iron Tail for Bulu and Clefable which come up very often -- Draco sort of defeats the purpose of the set as the spread lets you eat the HP Ice from LandoT with ease and then get the +3 TA off against it, which should easily be enough later in the game assuming your team is built to synergize with Zygarde. Draco and dragon coverage in general really is not needed here and while I get the mixed niche seems cool, it is best left for more novelty/lure intensive sets and contradicts the whole point of taking advantage of the boosts here given how games are meant to go with this as the win condition.
Iron tail is definitely a solid option on zygarde, although being unreliable. If you are aiming to kill fairies then why not use sludge wave, because you get +2 spatk from weakness policy? While Draco meteor does deal with lando well, I feel like core enforcer with a bit of special attack investment does have its benefits, namely being able to hit kartana and mega Pinsir harder than a thousand awaits would if you haven’t boosted to the max.

EVs: 160 HP / 88 Atk / 108 SpA / 152 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Core Enforcer
- Sludge Wave
- Thousand Arrows

Evs allow one unboosted core enforcer and one +2 core enforcer to kill lando after rocks and lefties, so on the switch in, DD, core enforcer, and after taking a hp ice, core enforcer again to kill it. You can also 2hko bulu after grassy terrain or ohko it at +2. SW does 71-84% or something to clef at +2.

Last edited:
Sleeping Snake

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 220 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Nothing special here. I used this as a Heatran / offensive Fire Type counter since all the viable water types outside of Rain Teams just die . If they're out of Ice Moves they just lose. It's weak initially, but it's hilariously easy to get 2+ DDs and when you ever have to Rest boosting in your sleep is fun too. Everyone who's played Gen 4 knows how these sets work. It's more of a backup plan than a primary sweeper, so keep that in mind. Zygarde has the best 1-move coverage in the game and stupidly bulky. Have fun laughing at Toxic and Will-O-Wisp.

The EVs outspeed Heatran before DD, non-Scarfed dudes at +1, and most Scarfers at +2. I didn't spend too much time on the EVs or calcs at the time. This can theoretically work with Coil, but outspeeding heavy-hitting offensive pokemon is usually better than trying to increase Bulk.

Teammates: If Grass Types Tangrowth and Bulu are a concern lay some Toxic Spikes with Pex. You could also pair him with Lando and have the Genie bust through their Ground Counter. Obviously KoKo and co. aren't a concern with Dragon Dance or two. If you pack Heal Bell, you can wake Zygarde up at your convenience.

Last edited:
The Blocking God

Zygarde @ Normalium Z
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Block
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Dragon Dance

A very wreid set that comes directly from the UBER tier but adapted to work in OU. The idea is to trap a setup bait, get to +6 and wreck havoc. Z-Block, if you don't know, gives +1 to def and with the right EVs, you can setup on mons that you normaly have to run like Tapu Bulu. After you Block mons like Bulu or Ferrothorn the fun starts as you can easily setup DD to +6. You can also destroy Stall with this if your oponent is lacking a Unaware Clefable (you win the pp stall x standart Toxic Quagsire). It' isn't a easy set to use, but extremely fun when it works.

The EV spread is to always beat AV Bulu after the Z-Block. 176 in hp reach 401 so Seismic Toss fails to 4hko. 80 in Spd is because you don't get any speed benchmark with it and you don't get any extra kill at +6 with it in atk.

An exemple of what it can do to a balanced team if you got the Block to work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-707292229

60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +1 176 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde in Grassy Terrain: 118-141 (29.4 - 35.1%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +1 176 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 79-94 (19.7 - 23.4%) -- possible 5HKO

60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 176 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde on a critical hit: 177-208 (44.1 - 51.8%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO

+6 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 171-202 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

Easy win. Just stall the Grass Terrain with Rest.

The Blocking God

Zygarde @ Normalium Z
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Block
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Dragon Dance

A very wreid set that comes directly from the UBER tier but adapted to work in OU. The idea is to trap a setup bait, get to +6 and wreck havoc. Z-Block, if you don't know, gives +1 to def and with the right EVs, you can setup on mons that you normaly have to run like Tapu Bulu. After you Block mons like Bulu or Ferrothorn the fun starts as you can easily setup DD to +6. You can also destroy Stall with this if your oponent is lacking a Unaware Clefable (you win the pp stall x standart Toxic Quagsire). It' isn't a easy set to use, but extremely fun when it works.

The EV spread is to always beat AV Bulu after the Z-Block. 176 in hp reach 401 so Seismic Toss fails to 4hko. 80 in Spd is because you don't get any speed benchmark with it and you don't get any extra kill at +6 with it in atk.

An exemple of what it can do to a balanced team if you got the Block to work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-707292229

60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +1 176 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde in Grassy Terrain: 118-141 (29.4 - 35.1%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +1 176 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 79-94 (19.7 - 23.4%) -- possible 5HKO

60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 176 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde on a critical hit: 177-208 (44.1 - 51.8%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO

+6 0 Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 171-202 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

Easy win. Just stall the Grass Terrain with Rest.

I played around with this set and while I don't think it's that good, it's probably the craziest thing I've used on showdown so props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)