Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
What is the Bulky Choice Scarf set usually look like?

There's actually quite a few usable ones; credit goes to Finchinator for this one, specifically if you're Pinsir weak:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 224 HP / 68 Atk / 60 Def / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- U-turn

Alternatively, from the SPL discussion thread, Eo Ut Mortus used this:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- U-turn

"Earth Power OHKOes Kartana while allowing me to run HP Ice. EVs secure KO on Kartana and the SR/2HKO on all but the bulkiest Zygardes."

You can probably play around with EVs if you need anything else

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Does Xurkitree bring anything useful to the table compared to Koko and Thundurus-T? Is it best on webs?
The only thing i can think of is tail glow, which boosts its power to the point where even chansey cant take a +6 Z-move easily.

Although thundurus has nasty plot and koko has calm mind so they are generally better even as a setup sweeper.

I'd says it probably is best on webs but z-hypnosis can be used on non-webs HO

Xurkitree also has an easier time with Tapu Bulu, and Hypnosis has a bit more utility even after the originial use. Plus Tail Glow + Grass Knot gives it a niche at Stall-breaking, especially if you force Chansey to take the sleep.

It works best on webs no doubt to patch up that low-speed that hinders it for the most part, but if you are going to use it on non-webs HO, I would recommend pairing it with Tapu Koko, as Xurkitree hits like a nuke with Electric Terrain and absolutely demoslishes most of Tapu Koko's checks but you have to be aware that Hypnosis won't work on non-flying targets in Electric Terrain.

Last edited:
Xurkitree also has an easier time with Tapu Bulu, and Hypnosis has a bit more utility even after the originial use. Plus Tail Glow + Grass Knot gives it a niche at Stall-breaking, especially if you force Chansey to take the sleep.

It works best on webs no doubt to patch up that low-speed that hinders it for the most part, but if you are going to use it on non-webs HO, I would recommend pairing it with Tapu Koko, as Xurkitree hits like a nuke with Electric Terrain and absolutely demoslishes most of Tapu Koko's checks but you have to be aware that Hypnosis won't work on non-flying targets.
I've seen a set with Electrium Z as well, +3 Thunderbolt is so fuckin strong. Also, is Koko really that viable of a partner, considering most teams carry Bulu as their electric switchin now?

I've seen a set with Electrium Z as well, +3 Thunderbolt is so fuckin strong. Also, is Koko really that viable of a partner, considering most teams carry Bulu as their electric switchin now?
+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu in Electric Terrain: 435-513 (126.8 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Xurkitree is garbage but this is an interesting calc.

+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu in Electric Terrain: 435-513 (126.8 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Xurkitree is garbage but this is an interesting calc.
fun fact, it also kills av mag
+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 387-456 (106.6 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
also it doesn't need e-terrein to kill av bulu
+3 252 SpA Xurkitree Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 290-342 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery

It's important to note that hypnosis is essentially worthless when electric terrain is up, and with koko being super common and everyone knowing xurkitree's only viable used set, you're not likely to get a sleep off.

Basically what Altervisi and MultiAmmiratore noted. All of Tapu Koko's counters are completely chunked by Xurkitree's Z-Thunderbolt which is much better than Z-Hypnosis because Xurkitree rarely sweeps and that nuke destroys defensive teams. The only mon this strategy has problems is scarf Landorus, so having a dedicated lure to that is basically required for the core to work

also another thing on competitive advice. if my stall team was succsessful at winning the match but it only took like 20 turns does that mean im really good? i feel like it just means (highly no offense) my opponent wasnt amazing?

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
also another thing on competitive advice. if my stall team was succsessful at winning the match but it only took like 20 turns does that mean im really good? i feel like it just means (highly no offense) my opponent wasnt amazing?
this is very situational and could depend on a lot of things such as your ranking on the ladder, your opponent’s team, your opponent’s plays, etc. some teams, especially on lower ladder, might not be able to break stall whatsoever, so your opponent might’ve noticed that and just given up

this is very situational and could depend on a lot of things such as your ranking on the ladder, your opponent’s team, your opponent’s plays, etc. some teams, especially on lower ladder, might not be able to break stall whatsoever, so your opponent might’ve noticed that and just given up
im low ladder just above 1000 (not 1100) althought i am generally okay with balanced teams and such im not usually great with stall. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728083623 is the replay im sorry if this is sounding mean it just felt... off

Oh, that was an opponent who didn't know that much about the game. In general, particularly lower down, stall tends to force a ton of ragequits. People get frustrated and tilt and take it out on you. If you intend to seriously take up stall as a regular playstyle, be prepared to get called a lot of names.

Oh, that was an opponent who didn't know that much about the game. In general, particularly lower down, stall tends to force a ton of ragequits. People get frustrated and tilt and take it out on you. If you intend to seriously take up stall as a regular playstyle, be prepared to get called a lot of names.
i like being called names. i sometimes enjoy salt XD i will find it more funny than anything else because its just a game but they get mad about it. know what im saying? also i honestly just used /pick on showdown from a list of different styles i just got stall.

Is there ever a chance that Landorus could get suspected for Ubers cuz I feel like I have to bring an ice type to every battle just to beat Landorus and like 70% of people use it and using Weavile gets a little bit repetitive

Is there ever a chance that Landorus could get suspected for Ubers cuz I feel like I have to bring an ice type to every battle just to beat Landorus and like 70% of people use it and using Weavile gets a little bit repetitive
There are plenty of ways to handle lando-t besides weavile. If you want another ice type, mamoswine and kyurem will both take care of him. Many pokemon run ice type coverage to handle lando, as well as other fat grounds. You can run a water type like keldeo or greninja, anything that's faster than landot, really. And there is always the option (necessity?) of running your own landot, and giving it hp ice.

lando's common weaknesses and mediocre speed tier allow for enough counterplay to make him not uber.

Please refrain from suspect talk here. But even then, I'd argue Landorus-T is anything but broken. You really don't have to bring an Ice-type to beat it. In fact, special attackers, water-types, and even some physical attackers like Hawlucha can take it down with ease. It's usage shouldn't be used as a factor for deeming it ban-worthy, as it's just a pretty good and reliable Pokemon, and that doesn't correlate to brokenness in any way, shape, or form.

EDIT: Shedinja'd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)