[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

There doesn't seem to be anything directly illegal about it, would you mind telling me where you got it from? (Like did you get it from Wondertrade/GTS/Random Festival Plaza trade, or did you get it from a particular user on Smogon/Pokemon Showdown)
I have it more that a year so i dont remember where i got it i was checking my boxes if i got anything suspicious (i now tent to get my pokes from friends or trusted users) so for now i will leave it there!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I have it more that a year so i dont remember where i got it i was checking my boxes if i got anything suspicious (i now tent to get my pokes from friends or trusted users) so for now i will leave it there!
I'd treat it like any other not-visibly-illegitimate Wondertrade/GTS find or such then. That is, it's fine to use in battles or such, but I wouldn't offer it for trade here.

Language: English
Species: Latias
OT: Blueforce
ID No.:000001
IVs:31/0/31/HT/31/HT
EVs (optional):
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latias
Level: 100
Pokeball: Love Ball
Shiny?: no
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Cross
Moves: Draco Meteor , Psychic, healing wish, trick
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Ultra Space Wilds
Characteristic: Somewhat Vein
Ribbons: Aloha, Battle Royal, Battle Tree, Best Friends, Effort, Footprint
Other comments (optional): I think I got this in a Smogon giveaway

Ive try doing hack checks by taking this thing online and it let me under Free. Rated battles are going under maintenance

Species: Latias
OT: Blueforce
ID No.:000001
IVs:31/0/31/HT/31/HT
EVs (optional):
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latias
Pokeball: Love Ball
Shiny?: no
Moves: Draco Meteor , Psychic, healing wish, trick
Region of origin: Ultra Space Wilds
Characteristic: Somewhat Vein
Ribbons: Aloha, Battle Royal, Battle Tree, Best Friends, Effort, Footprint
Other comments (optional): I think I got this in a Smogon giveaway

Ive try doing hack checks by taking this thing online and it let me under Free. Rated battles are going under maintenance
It looks like it came from Blueforce's giveaway here. I couldn't find you requesting it specifically, but I can see other people have requested a Latias in the past from Blueforce and it is currently listed in the giveaway. Furthermore, the OT and ID match Blueforce's other Pokemon, hence the likelihood.

If you need further proof of its legitimacy, Blueforce also has proof listed below the Latias' entry in the giveaway.

Blueforce

Ungood
It looks like it came from Blueforce's giveaway here. I couldn't find you requesting it specifically, but I can see other people have requested a Latias in the past from Blueforce and it is currently listed in the giveaway. Furthermore, the OT and ID match Blueforce's other Pokemon, hence the likelihood.

If you need further proof of its legitimacy, Blueforce also has proof listed below the Latias' entry in the giveaway.
If it helps, I'd also like to add that this Latias was Smogon's facebook giveaway on Saturday, February 10th :>

Only thing that hung me up was the ID. being the very first one just seemed unusual. No disrespect to blueforce intended

Can someone please help me check if my Pokemon is hacked or not
Language: Eng
Species: Celebi
OT: Ethan
ID Number: 52557
IVs: 5 perfect IVs, Spe. Atk very good
EV: none
Ability: Natural Cure
Pokemon's name: Celebi
Level: 30
Pokeball: Pokeball
Shiny: yes
Pentagon/ Cross: its a gameboy
Moves: Heal Bell, Safeguard, Ancient Power, Future Sight
Region of Origin: Johto
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ribbons: none
Other comments: It's stats are
HP 109
Attack 66
Defense 74
Speed 81
Sp. Def 74
Sp. Atk 72

Can someone please help me check if my Pokemon is hacked or not
Language: Eng
Species: Celebi
OT: Ethan
ID Number: 52557
IVs: 5 perfect IVs, Spe. Atk very good
Ability: Natural Cure
Pokemon's name: Celebi
Level: 30
Moves: Heal Bell, Safeguard, Ancient Power, Future Sight
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
HP 109
Attack 66
Defense 74
Speed 81
Sp. Def 74
Sp. Atk 72
With the Gameboy tag in a normal Pokeball and from the Johto region, this Celebi is probably one caught on the virtual console for one of the Gen 2 games (either glitched in Pokemon Gold or Silver or soft reset in Pokemon Crystal). This Celebi is not shiny locked so it can be shiny, but the requirements for the DVs is pretty steep if done without RNG. Upon transfer the ball will changing to a Pokeball, which your Pokemon has. It also is guaranteed 5 IVs on transfer, so missing that SpAtk IV to make it flawed on transfer is likely and actually potentially adds to this Pokemon's authenticity. You can use scripts to manipulate what IVs are given in the transfer process but that requires homebrew (I think) and you are manipulating how the Pokemon Transporter works. Nature is also determined by XP which is not hard to manipulate, so Timid is pretty easy.

Still, if you don't know who the original person who soft-reset/RNG abused the Pokemon is, it's always recommended not to use such Pokemon competitively out of fear of it being hacked. That being said, there's nothing wrong with it that I can find, and the flawed IV spread does somewhat validate/support its authenticity. Use at your own discretion, I would say.

Last edited:
Awesome well thnxs for helping me out, I rlly appreciate it. Also I do know the guy who gave me this pokemon but from wut he tells me he soft reset from Crystal, but u never know rite thts why I want to verify

Hi :) i was looking through the list in the original post, and i saw an error:

• Diancie can be shiny by the (Japan only) Pokémon Centre Diancie event.
this is not entirely true: there was an event in Korea for the All Star Diancie that was a infrared distribution without region lock, so it doesn't need to be from a JPN console to be shiny :)

Not sure if this is exactly the right thread to ask this, but the SQSR thread forbids discussing hacks and google isn't turning up an answer, so:

Just got wonder-traded a shiny event Diancie. Obviously auto-assume to be hacked since, despite all the details looking right, it's a wonder-traded event mon (with perfect IVs). But what I can't figure out is how it went through in the first place because unlike most WT'd event mons it still has the classic ribbon attached. It is also holding its mega stone, which as far as I know also can't be wonder-traded.

Any idea how this was possible? (If answering the question would break a rule, let me know and I'll delete)

Not sure if this is exactly the right thread to ask this, but the SQSR thread forbids discussing hacks and google isn't turning up an answer, so:

Just got wonder-traded a shiny event Diancie. Obviously auto-assume to be hacked since, despite all the details looking right, it's a wonder-traded event mon (with perfect IVs). But what I can't figure out is how it went through in the first place because unlike most WT'd event mons it still has the classic ribbon attached. It is also holding its mega stone, which as far as I know also can't be wonder-traded.

Any idea how this was possible? (If answering the question would break a rule, let me know and I'll delete)
I can only speculate here since I'm not familiar enough with hacking methods (nor do I really want to know more) and I can't see the script for this specific Pokemon. But there are two conceivable methods in which a Pokemon with an illegal ribbon could be transferred.

The first possibility (and most likely in my opinion) is that the sender is using a WT script that allows them to bypass the hack check with WT. Most mass WT peeps use some bot or script that allows them to continuously send out Pokemon. This allows people to possibly manipulate how the handshake occurs between the devices and the server (as they are using some form of hombrew). If (as I suspect) the legality check occurs before the Pokemon is set up for a possible transfer with another individual in WT, the server probably query's the device first to get data to determine legality, but doesn't actually extract the Pokemon's data for transfer quite yet. Thus, it's possible whoever WTd the hacked Diancie inserted some script that returned false data to server to give a proper handshake with the server and spoof the hack check.

The second (and significantly more speculative) possibility is that the Diance does not actually have the classic ribbon attached (or did at least not have it attached when it was sent). If through some script editor you were able to directly manipulate all lines of code for a Pokemon, you could take the data of some other ribbon, and edit it so that it used the image and text files of the Classic Ribbon. Thus, the ribbon would still read as a legal ribbon but it would appear as a Classic Ribbon to the user. Of course, this would depend on what level of data is copied from each Pokemon when it is transferred between devices. I don't know how data packets are actually transferred between devices during trading, as it's entirely feasible that it just copies the key surface markers of a Pokemon and transfers those without actually transferring the Pokemon in its entirety, which may make this process impossible.

Honestly without being able to look at the code for this Pokemon and without knowing more on how all the back-end mechanics work, it's hard to determine. Your best bet would be to go try and query non-Smogon forums that have a prolific hacking culture (though I probably shouldn't be recommending this) and ask, since they would have a better understanding of how much of this works.

Edit: It's also entirely possible that the servers don't do checks before transfer anymore, and they just rely on the built-in checks for each game, in which case it's fairly easy to disable the check script from running. But again, Idk how the back end stuff works.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts! I figure some script/custom software had to be involved. I was mostly just curious because I'd have thought that if the hack check happens client-side rather than server side it would have been more common (since all the google hits I could find about WT'd event mons all said the ribbon had been removed). Maybe it's a more recent development, but I'm not so curious that I will be hunting through hacking-happy forums for an answer. ;)

Hello! I am new here. I found this thread and I registered because I really wanted to know if a Pokemon I bought was hacked. I bought this on a forum for rather cheap, and was assured legitimacy (by the site in question.) and distributing hacked Pokemon is a reportable offence.

details:

Species : Giratina (altered - the one with legs)
OT: Remedy
ID: 374202
IVs: Can't check yet, but it has 268 hp, 157 sp a, 143 attack, 167 special defence, 150 defence, 129 speed
EVs: don't know how to check that but it seems normal?
Ability : Pressure
Name : Giratina
Level: 60
Ball: Timer
Shiny : yes
Pentagon/cross : Cross
Moves : Aura sphere, Shadow claw, Shadow force, hex
Nature : Mild
Region of Origin: Ultradimension Zero
Characteristics : Mischievous
Other comments : might be worth noting that there is a shiny giratina received on wondertrade on bisafans.de that had the exact same moveset and was from a hack redistributor (youtuberem27). It isn't similar at all though.

Last edited:

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello! I am new here. I found this thread and I registered because I really wanted to know if a Pokemon I bought was hacked. I bought this on a forum for rather cheap, and was assured legitimacy (by the site in question.) and distributing hacked Pokemon is a reportable offence.

details:

Species : Giratina (altered - the one with legs)
OT: Remedy
ID: 374202
IVs: Can't check yet, but it has 268 hp, 157 sp a, 143 attack, 167 special defence, 150 defence, 129 speed
EVs: don't know how to check that but it seems normal?
Ability : Pressure
Name : Giratina
Level: 60
Ball: Timer
Shiny : yes
Pentagon/cross : Cross
Moves : Aura sphere, Shadow claw, Shadow force, hex
Nature : Mild
Region of Origin: Ultradimension Zero
Characteristics : Mischievous
Other comments : might be worth noting that there is a shiny giratina received on wondertrade on bisafans.de that had the exact same moveset and was from a hack redistributor (youtuberem27). It isn't similar at all though.
First of all, greetings and welcome to Smogon!

Just from a quick check, it appears to have (possibly) 5 perfect IVs using an IV calculator. Everything looks OK except for the location: if the met location reads "Ultradimension Zero" in English, then I would be inclined to suspect a hack, since the correct meeting location should be "Ultra Space Wilds" in English.

That said, this is only a hasty examination; I'm happy to look into greater detail some time later if you would like.

Language: JPN
Species: Lugia
OT: ヨウ
ID Number: 07012
IVs: 1 perfect IV
Speed, Hp, and Sp. Atk have Decent IVs
Defense, fantastic IV
Sp. Def, very good IV
Ability: Multiscale
Pokemon's name: ルギア
Level: 40
Moves: Aeroblast, Safeguard, Shadow Ball, Recovery
Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
HP 137
Attack 89
Defense 121
Speed 95
Sp. Def 151
Sp. Atk 72

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Species: Lugia
OT: ヨウ
ID Number: 07012
IVs: 1 perfect IV
Speed, Hp, and Sp. Atk have Decent IVs
Defense, fantastic IV
Sp. Def, very good IV
Ability: Multiscale
Pokemon's name: ルギア
Level: 40
Moves: Aeroblast, Safeguard, Shadow Ball, Recovery
Nature: Careful
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
HP 137
Attack 89
Defense 121
Speed 95
Sp. Def 151
Sp. Atk 72
If it has the Gameboy symbol and has only 1 perfect IV (and you are sure of both these facts), it is undoubtedly a hack of some kind, because all VC Pokemon have at least 3 perfect IVs no matter who they are.

Species: Suicune
OT: Japanese text
ID No.: 09922
IVs: 24, 24, 12, 4, 24, 7
EVs (optional):
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Japanese text (Suicune)
Level: 50-60
Pokeball: Regular
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Pentagon
Moves:
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: somewhat stubborn
Other comments (optional): received this shiny via GTS a while ago. I've since levelled to 100 and hypertrained, it was mid 50 level when I got it, can't remember the moves but the EVs were random, like it had been used for general in game battles. I couldn't remember the IVs so checked via Pokemon Bank stats, and they're as above. If I remember correctly the mirage spot legends in ORAS had 3 perfect IVs so I'm assuming this is hacked, although hacking crap IVs in a normal pokeball and ignoring EVs is a bit odd. Unless there was another way to obtain Suicune with random IVs?
Thanks for any info anyone can give!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
Species: Suicune
OT: Japanese text
ID No.: 09922
IVs: 24, 24, 12, 4, 24, 7
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: Japanese text (Suicune)
Level: 50-60
Pokeball: Regular
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Pentagon
Moves:
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: somewhat stubborn
Other comments (optional): received this shiny via GTS a while ago. I've since levelled to 100 and hypertrained, it was mid 50 level when I got it, can't remember the moves but the EVs were random, like it had been used for general in game battles. I couldn't remember the IVs so checked via Pokemon Bank stats, and they're as above. If I remember correctly the mirage spot legends in ORAS had 3 perfect IVs so I'm assuming this is hacked, although hacking crap IVs in a normal pokeball and ignoring EVs is a bit odd. Unless there was another way to obtain Suicune with random IVs?
Thanks for any info anyone can give!
If all the info you stated is correct, then the Suicune is hacked because as you say it should have at least 3 IVs of 31. I wouldn't really think too much about why some people would want to hack their Pokemon to be like this, as it's quite possible some kid just learned how to hack and wanted to mess around to see what they could do, or it's possible it's just someone testing what the GTS allows.

Last edited:
If all the info you stated is correct, then the Suicune is hacked because as you say it should have at least 3 IVs of 31. I wouldn't really think too much about why some people would want to hack their Pokemon to be like this, as it's quite possible some kid just learned how to hack and wanted to mess around to see what they could do, or it's possible it's just somrone testing what the GTS allows.
Ok, as I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Pretty sure this is a hack, but wanted to make sure.

Species: Entei
OT: ITK33N.TV
ID No.: 963490
IVs:
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: Entei
Moves: Sacred Fire, Hidden Power, Stone Edge, Overheat
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Alola (Ultra Space Wilds)
Characteristic: Takes Plenty of Siestas
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional):

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)