Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Weavile is a good Pokemon to use in the Battle Hall in Platinum, right? If yes, then should I use it with a life orb or a focus sash?

Just a quick question... anyone got a good site to stream the new Pokémon anime ? ^-^ We were quite enjoying the alolan version!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick question... anyone got a good site to stream the new Pokémon anime ? ^-^ We were quite enjoying the alolan version!
I'm not following the anime, so I wouldn't know what's the best way of keeping up with it, but I know that you can see the Pokemon anime on https://www.pokemon.com/, I don't know whether they show the most recent episodes there or if it's weeks or months behind or such, though.

I'm not following the anime, so I wouldn't know what's the best way of keeping up with it, but I know that you can see the Pokemon anime on https://www.pokemon.com/, I don't know whether they show the most recent episodes there or if it's weeks or months behind or such, though.
Nah they only show select few episodes here and there.. not even a full series or any movies. :P I'm guessing it's got to do with Disney buying rights to stream it... exclusively.

Does anyone have a list of the EVs/IVs for the CPU's Pokémon in Pokémon Colosseum's Colosseum Mode?

Also, what would be the most effective moveset for Deoxys-A in Colosseum Mode? I'm thinking the SubPetaya set for singles, but doubles is different, and Deoxys can be double-targeted (once to break the Sub and again to KO it). I'm considering pairing it with a Pokémon with Follow Me, but getting its HP to the point of activating Petaya could be troublesome considering I don't know if I'll be single-targeted, double-targeted, or not targeted at all. For this purpose, I could give it Endure and pair it with something like Selfdestruct Mewtwo.

Realgam:
trainer 5: Wobbuffet, Latios, Shedinja*
trainer 6: Rayquaza, Latias
trainer 7: Kyogre
trainer 8: Groudon

Orre:
trainer 5: Wobbuffet
trainer 6: Kyogre
trainer 7: Groudon
trainer 8: Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios

Realgam:
trainer 7: Groudon
trainer 8: Kyogre, Shedinja

Orre:
trainer 2: Latios
trainer 3: Shedinja, Latias
trainer 4: Rayquaza
trainer 8: Groudon, Kyogre, Latias, Latios

Hello all, I am currently trying to determine which ingame team I should use for Ultra Moon and need a little help. I'm trying to create a full team of six and was wondering which starter to choose.

My team so far:
-Ribombee
-Jynx
-Bewear
-Lanturn
-Arbok (tentative)

Both Decidueye and Incineroar unfortunately bring crippling weaknesses to the team, and I don't want two Pokémon of the same typing if their weaknesses overlap, so Primarina is out. Or should I not bother keeping my starter and get another sixth Pokémon?

Also, would Arbok be a good choice or should I replace it?

I'd strongly suggest Incineroar.
Its typing is very good for USUM, he sports a very strong stab that he learns naturally while leveling, and doesn't stack Bug, Ghost or Dark weaknesses which tend to be a big detriment for USUM runs (As I noted often, everyone and their mom has a attack of those types, expecially Pursuit early no).

Plus, you don't actually have a realistic way to deal with the electric totem in your current comp right now, you're at significant risk to get murdered by it without a fire or ground type.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Weavile is a good Pokemon to use in the Battle Hall in Platinum, right? If yes, then should I use it with a life orb or a focus sash?
sash because sash is broken in 1v1 formats. run fake out to break opposing sash

I want to start my own you tube channel What exactly is the best software for recordings?
not the best place to ask, try searching up videos for how to start a channel on yt

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Baton Pass a Substitue to Smeargle. Ditto will use Transform, but it will fail. This will allow you to Sketch it.
Is there something I'm missing here? I tried just using sketch on the Ditto after it transformed into my Smeargle and it worked just fine.

Can someone explain to me how SOS slots work?
Like I'm hunting for Golett in US, so I'll just use the haina desert table for an example

SOS Slot 1 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 32-35): Golett (100%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 32-35): Krokorok (70%), Dugtrio (Forme 1) (30%)

Golett is only in slot 6. Does anything determine the slot used? Is it based on the level of the pokemon? If someone SOS summons a Krorkork, does that mean it will never summon a Golett?
How does weather SOS encounters factor into this, while I'm at it.
THis is from months ago but I'm bringing it back since I never got an answer (I get the feeling sos encounter tables arent heavily researched) and Im hunting for these stupid sos encounters again

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
THis is from months ago but I'm bringing it back since I never got an answer (I get the feeling sos encounter tables arent heavily researched) and Im hunting for these stupid sos encounters again
I don't know the answer for sure, but your original assumption seems correct. It's just random which SOS slot you get, so if the get a Krokorok or Dugtrio run away and get into a new battle until one finally summons a Golett.

As for weather, if there's a field weather condition it'll just add an additional SOS slot. You cannot change the in-battle SOS summons by using a weather summoning move or Ability.

I don't know the answer for sure, but your original assumption seems correct. It's just random which SOS slot you get, so if the get a Krokorok or Dugtrio run away and get into a new battle until one finally summons a Golett.

As for weather, if there's a field weather condition it'll just add an additional SOS slot. You cannot change the in-battle SOS summons by using a weather summoning move or Ability.
Actually I think that's wrong. Well the first part, Idont know about the second part.
While waiting for an answer I did some Chansey sos battles at poni plains for EXP and after seeing this chansey summon both Chansey & Blissey, I decided to look up the bush encounter tables (https://gist.github.com/SciresM/a539739085e24af55dffdf443cb70eb2 )
Encounters (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Chansey (20%), (None) (0%)
SOS Slot 1 (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Chansey (20%), (None) (0%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Chansey (20%), (None) (0%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Chansey (20%), (None) (0%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Blissey (20%), (None) (0%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Blissey (20%), (None) (0%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Chansey (20%), (None) (0%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 54-57): Cottonee (50%), Scyther (30%), Chansey (20%), (None) (0%)
Additional SOS encounters: (None)

I think the %s associated with each slot are pointless since each pokemon uses its own call chance for calling anyone.
If my initial theory was right, then I should have either gotten nothing but Chansey or nothing but Blissey. So maybe it is just random, it picks one of its associated slots to call on (obviously chansey cannot call on cottonee or scyther). In this case it'd be 2/7 chance of calling a Blissey, which would mean any given desert encounter has a 1/7 chance of calling a Golett?
...maybe? I guess they might also have their own specific chance, unrelated to the rates listed above, for being called. I know Politoed is a 1% encounter in the rain but those rates arent listed anywhere in the tables.

Not sure what you mean, but changing the weather does have an effect on SOS calls for weather. A Drizzle Pelliper can, for example, help make Goomy show up in Lush Jungle, or Castform in the desert. (not that many would care to find Castform)

Cross posting this here, since it turns out there's probably an entirely different answer. From the in-game ranking thread
I think this table is correct (empirically, I've done some of the 10%'s and 1%'s and they seem about right). Slots are 1-4-5-10-10-20-50 (percent to get on a successful call).

I.E. Gengar, Politoed, and Slowking are awful, while Huntail and Gorebyss (and other things like Lush Jungle cave Crobat) are not bad. Worth noting that Mareanie and Sableye are 50% so there's a pretty good chance of finding them (esp. Sableye --- it's available before Adrenaline Orbs). Considering Deep Sea Tooth/Scale aren't available without SOS anyways (and later than Clamperl with SOS, iirc) just SOSing a Huntail/Gorebyss sounds better than evolving Clamperl.

(btw someone should look into all those cases where SOS>normal catch in efficiency)
honestly sounds about right

Cross posting this here, since it turns out there's probably an entirely different answer. From the in-game ranking thread

honestly sounds about right
So Salamence has a 1% chance of being called of a SOS slot that has a 1% chance of being picked, all from a Pokemon that has a 1% chance of appearing in the wild.

You have a one in a million chance of getting an SOS Salamence (as your first call. It's 1/10000 if we disregard that).

So Salamence has a 1% chance of being called of a SOS slot that has a 1% chance of being picked, all from a Pokemon that has a 1% chance of appearing in the wild.

You have a one in a million chance of getting an SOS Salamence (as your first call. It's 1/10000 if we disregard that).
Practically spells out not worth the trouble...

Iirc the atrociosly low chance of actually getting SOSd salamences was one of the reasons for which it was ranked that low in the VR for ingame USUM runs.

On top of the fact that you don't have the intimidate orbs yet at that point, and actually need to backtrack once acquired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)