Format Discussion Pokemon Sun/Moon Random Battle sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My post got removed (?) without any reason, so I have to post again.
View attachment 111464
Stunfisk should never have Limberas its ability. Unlike Rotom-Fan it actually also has useful abilities in Static and Sand Veil. Also the Chery Berry is useless.
I deleted your post because that question is already answered above in the thread. Specifically, here.

I sent a “inform person whose post was deleted why” message explaining this, apologies if it didn’t get to you.

Got this beautiful suicide lead Quagsire. I think Quag should never have a focus sash and always the move recover. Why else would you use it then to stall?

Also got a Mantine without Defog. Again, why would you use it without Defog?
Iirc a fix for things like the Quagsire is in progress. Defog, however, is too situation-dependent to flat-out force on every set in place of more broadly useful moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an Exploud without STAB (in particular no Boomburst) and, slightly less awful but still, an offensive Quagsire (even with Life Orb). Sorry no screenshots.

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers
May I suggest that we add the Mega Rayquaza Clause into random battles and allow Rayquaza to use Dragon Ascent? It’s consistently worse than other Dragons in the tier because it has less coverage, a 4x weakness, and is walled quite a lot of the time because it doesn’t have access to its best move. I believe that it would be no worse (meaning broken) than other Pokémon allowed in randbats (e.g. Xerneas, Sigilyph, Swoobat). I get it wasn’t allowed to have that move because that allows it to Mega Evolve, but that’s the reason for the Clause.

Last edited:
Unfortunately forgot to take a screenshot since I was in a rush, but I got Magearna with the Moveset Shift Gear, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Iron Head. The double Steel STAB is not particularly helpful and I don't think this is intended.

EDIT: I just got this gem (used Sitrus Berry):
sethstehsd.png

Last edited:
I present to you all the worst Porygon-Z set you can get.

Choice Scarf, and has the moves Trick, Shadow Ball, Conversion and Tri Attack.

Meaning if you do end up tricking the scarf - using conversion gives you the psychic type... I mean, conversion with no z-move is already awful, but it not even giving you a stab type is new levels of awful.

e31d589405.jpg

Edit : Just saw it was posted earlier :toast:

Last edited:
So, i just did a gen 7 random battle and used a mega sceptile with Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Fire, and Substitute
So my question is, where's the grass move like leaf storm or giga drain?
Unfortunately i didn't take a screenshot

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Random battle sets only ensure that you get one STAB attack you share a type with (here Dragon Pulse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)