Data Usage-Based Tier Update for April 2018 (May @ #97) (June @ #150)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL yep, people think that Smogon can end tier rises all together. What insanity
I’ve never had an issue with tier rises though, so I see no reason for me to be against them. Anyway, Scizor’s going to have a field day over summer break, Amoongus will make any votes on wanting to ban Breloom in the suspect pointless in the next month, and Arcanine is still a piece of shit.

UU is far from being in shambles.
Well "in shambles" was a huge overstatement that wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. I was mainly referring to how I find it quite funny how Azu ended up being banned, Breloom is currently being suspected and some people even call for a Serperior ban all because of one mon rising... that will very likely drop again soon anyways.

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Drops cannot be predicted. I and many others think Mega Diancie in UU will be awful
Tbh diancie will just get QBanned as M diancie is just so good for UU tbh,It can cover all what the meta has(Hp fire/Earth/moonblast/Diam storm/subs endeavor etc) could just cover what your team needed,plus fairy is a incredible typing as well even If diancie has 4x to the tier's best poke Aka scizor
And btw this idea would be Just stupid as It would force all metas to have the same'ish pokes for the whole generation,like UU would have the drops of the start of the gen and keldeo Mew and >>clefable<< just seem stupid strong for UU imo and wouldn't bring any benefit at all,just more confusion to tiering

Clefable and Mew were in UU back in the beta, and while both were excellent neither was broken. There's a list of bulky Steel-types that can stop Clefable, and while Mew is in theory uncounterable due to its versatility, in practice it only ever ran a specially defensive set or a Nasty Plot wallbreaker set, and it could never cover everything it wanted to. It would be too much with Genesis Supernova, but the Mewnium Z was banned before Mew rose.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Clefable and Mew were in UU back in the beta, and while both were excellent neither was broken. There's a list of bulky Steel-types that can stop Clefable, and while Mew is in theory uncounterable due to its versatility, in practice it only ever ran a specially defensive set or a Nasty Plot wallbreaker set, and it could never cover everything it wanted to. It would be too much with Genesis Supernova, but the Mewnium Z was banned before Mew rose.
Mew yes, but when is Clef dropping? It's actually at it's all-time peak in SM/USUM OU rn

Tbh diancie will just get QBanned as M diancie is just so good for UU tbh,It can cover all what the meta has(Hp fire/Earth/moonblast/Diam storm/subs endeavor etc) could just cover what your team needed,plus fairy is a incredible typing as well even If diancie has 4x to the tier's best poke Aka scizor
And btw this idea would be Just stupid as It would force all metas to have the same'ish pokes for the whole generation,like UU would have the drops of the start of the gen and keldeo Mew and >>clefable<< just seem stupid strong for UU imo and wouldn't bring any benefit at all,just more confusion to tiering
I meant "awful" as in "cancerous to fight against"

Clefable and Mew were in UU back in the beta, and while both were excellent neither was broken.
While Mew definitively wasn't, Clefable was another story entirely. Heck, if my memory serves me right, I dare say it was just as controversial as Breloom currently is (though for different reasons), to the point people were begging to make it S tier AND quickban it as soon as possible.

Quick question:

These usage stats Antar posts every month, are they already averaged 1-3-20 over the last 3 months, of are they just the statistics for the previous month?

Those found here are just for the given months and those in Antar's posts in this thread are weighted with the last 3 months
Thanks.

I was just wondering why we didn't have monthly changes if we just took the 3-month average every month, but if Antar's numbers are already averaged and they still fluctuate too much, I can kinda understand why that's not the case.

Wouldn't an average over a longer period with monthly rises/drops be a way to compensate though?
I personally really dislike having to wait for 3 months for certain rises/drops just because the 'mons got used in the "wrong month".
A longer time period could solve this. Or weights of for example 4-8-12 instead of the current 1-3-20 so that high usage for only the most recent month doesn't skew all stats for 1 month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)