Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

It appears somehow my Pokemon Ultra Moon save file got currupted. This might be a nonsensical question, but is there a way to return my file back to normal?
I lost 300 hours + over a thousand hours spend obtaining stuff from other games. I don't think I want to redo most of this again.
You can try waiting a day and playing it again. The newer Pokemon games should store backups of un-corrupted save files, which might take time to restore.

You can try waiting a day and playing it again. The newer Pokemon games should store backups of un-corrupted save files, which might take time to restore.
The backup save is stored in the same place as the normal save in one file. You'd be able to access the backup immediately if your current save was corrupted somehow (example: turning off your system while saving). If the whole save is corrupted and nothing's available for you, then it's likely both saves were wiped out since they're in the same place and the game would have attempted to load both.

I'm currently playing Explorers of Sky. Is it possible to recruit a lv 1 Gastly (through Spinda Café, eggs or missions)?

mertyville , have you tried to use Pokebank with that save?

Conni

katharsis
I wanted to use a swords dance Gliscor in Platinum's Battle Arcade and Battle Castle. Here's what I have so far.
Gliscor (no items allowed)
Ability: hyper cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- swords dance
- earthquake
- roost
- What should this move be? A coverage move like aerial ace, ice fang, stone edge or night slash? Is taunt good?
If you're looking for a coverage move then you want a definite answer to Ice-types as Gliscor is 4x weak to it. Moves I have in mind for this is Fire Fang, Rock Slide, and Stone Edge.

Stone Edge isn't nessecarily the worst move like said above. Its low PP can easily be fixed with a PP Max and although it has bad accuracy, if it hits it is rewarding but if you're worried then Rock Slide is safer option but with less damage.

Aerial Ace is a sure fire STAB but I don't think it should be used as the Pokemon it targets can't hurt Gliscor as dangerously as Ice-types.

Lastly, if you have a teammate that covers Ice-types for you in the Battle Castle then Thunder Fang can be an option as Water-types are also troublesome. But if vice versa (teammate that covers Water-types) then I'd recommend Stone Edge for the Batte Caslte and Battle Arcade as Argenta would most likely use an Ice-type since you're weakest to it and Argenta always uses a Pokémon that's usually counters yours. It also hits Darach's Zapdos super effectively too in the gold print battle.

TL;DR just use a rock type coverage move. I'd prefer Stone Edge for extra power but if you're more careful then Rock Slide is ok too. EDIT: Rock Slide is the safer option!! But just Rock-type coverage in general will do here, I just suggested moves I think can help and I've tried myself but just use a Rock-type move you're comfortable with.

Hope this isnt too late lol

Last edited:
I didn't make up "stone edge is the worst attack in D/P" y'all
someone very important to smogon history did
second off stop suggesting such inaccurate attacks it's extremely clear y'all have NO IDEA how the battle facilities work if you keep recommending inaccurate shit like that. you can't use inaccurate moves in the battle frontier ok this isn't like pvp where one loss isn't a huge deal. you have to get a streak and that involves actually being able to rely on your attacks

EDIT ALSO I didnt even notice the part where "argenta usually uses a pokemon that counters yours" that's not true!!!!!!!!! ughhhhh

Conni

katharsis
I didn't make up "stone edge is the worst attack in D/P" y'all
someone very important to smogon history did
second off stop suggesting such inaccurate attacks it's extremely clear y'all have NO IDEA how the battle facilities work if you keep recommending inaccurate shit like that. you can't use inaccurate moves in the battle frontier ok this isn't like pvp where one loss isn't a huge deal. you have to get a streak and that involves actually being able to rely on your attacks

EDIT ALSO I didnt even notice the part where "argenta usually uses a pokemon that counters yours" that's not true!!!!!!!!! ughhhhh
Argenta having Pokemon that counters yours is not true, which is my mistake yes, but it usually happens for me for some reasons which I guess is just bad luck because its completely random as it can be a Pokemon from Venusaur to Cresselia. I am wrong and I will accept that but still having a Rock-type coverage move is a good idea in-case if she does have an Ice-type.

As for accuracy, there was a reason I suggested Rock Slide as well since it's more accurate and still a passable coverage move. If I was going to solely recommend Stone Edge I would've not have mentioned Rock Slide in the tl;dr. I didn't recommend Stone Edge because I wanted to see who uses it fail because I don't, it was just an option that I've used before that I'd just want to suggest trying. I know the battle frontier streaks are very important especially since I've experience my own breaking a lot but it's not like using Stone Edge is the end of the world. But I still admit my fault for possibly mainly recommending Stone Edge but my intention was just to help out and suggest Rock-type coverage which is ultimately useful.

I have tried Stone Edge myself certainly as I wouldn't suggested it without experience myself and I have indeed used it on a Gliscor but not the same set as this one. Although there were some problems I did manage to get through the Battle Castle with Stone Edge and Rock Slide on a Gliscor in two different runs of course it's not like having Stone Edge is sudden death but its that if it does hit its feels much safer for a KO than Rock Slide does, but I do agree if it misses then it can be all over but in my opinion I think its rewarding enough (note its my opinion, you don't have to use it judging from my post)

Of course by reading what I suggest people won't have to use Stone Edge because I was trying to just say Rock coverage is really important if you're going with Gliscor (I shouldn't have mentioned Fire Fang that's my bad), but I was just listing the two potential moves you can use for this moveslot. In your (Altissimo's) case you'd probably choose Rock Slide over Stone Edge judging from your post if you were to have a Rock-type coverage move but it can be useful to experiment with the two moves if you have enough patience and you've already defeated the battle facility. So I'll just make it clear if I haven't already but just comfortable Rock coverage is the way to go on that Gliscor set.

I do apologize however for the mistake on Argenta's Pokemon, maybe perhaps I'm a bit unlucky with her but the general message I was trying to say in that sentence was that have it in case because you never know if she will have an Ice-type but I'm glad I had my Rock coverage because coincidentally when I went with Gliscor in the Battle Hall she used a Glaceon.

Sorry for any mistakes I made in that post especially since it bugged you a bit Altissimo but I'd never suggest anything that I haven't tried out myself before...

There are a few reasons why I don't really want to use rock attacks even if they were accurate. Gliscor can outspeed and one-shot most ice Pokemon with earthquake after 1 or 2 swords dances, and I don't think I'm dumb enough to try to set up on something that might know an ice attack. Ice Pokemon also tend to be less common. I'm more worried about grass and bug Pokemon because they resist earthquake. I know rock slide covers bug, but it's possible for bugs to resist earthquake and take neutral damage from rock slide (Heracross). This isn't possible with aerial ace. Aerial ace also gets STAB. But if I use earthquake and aerial ace, then I might lose to a flying Pokemon. Is this risk less than the risks associated with each of my other options? Is aerial ace really the best move?

Can a male parent pass two egg moves at once when breeding?

Ex. Can a male Meditite w/ Bullet Punch and Fake Out breed with a female Meditite that knows Confusion and produce an egg with Bullet Punch and Fake Out?

Can a male parent pass two egg moves at once when breeding?

Ex. Can a male Meditite w/ Bullet Punch and Fake Out breed with a female Meditite that knows Confusion and produce an egg with Bullet Punch and Fake Out?
A male parent can pass as many egg moves as it has that the offspring can get, unless the female has some in which case the mother's will take priority IIRC. (and in the case of Pichu, Volt Tackle takes top priority IIRC if the Pikachu parent is holding a Light Ball)

In the TCG, did sleep and confusion work differently in 1997?
This was helpful, but I was specifically looking for a rule change between 1998 and 2001.

Wild Pokemon randomly call for help during battle, right? Does anyone know how those probabilities are determined?
In FRLG, there are apparently some items that aren't there when the player first visits their location and spawn after some kind of an in-game event. What in-game events cause items to spawn?
What are all the unused "beta" Pokemon designs that we (the public, I guess) know about? Apparently the list on Bulbapedia isn't complete.

I had a post about call rates in the chaining topic:

Each Pokemon has a base call rate of either 3, 6, 9, or 15 (or 0 for things like Mareanie or Blissey, where if you leave them out as the only survivor in a chain, they can never make any future calls to perpetuate the chain). That represents the percentage of time it will call for help provided it's able to do so (i.e. no status, and it has not yet had a successful call) at the end of a turn where it's in green health and you have not yet used an Adrenaline Orb. That percentage can only have two possible types of multipliers:
-green health, with Adrenaline Orb: x2
-yellow health, no orb: x3
-red health, no orb: x5
-yellow health, with orb: x6
-red health, with orb: x10

As such, a 15-call-rate Pokemon is guaranteed to call for help every single turn in the 10x case, unless it's prevented from doing so by having a status or having the second slot survive.

Separately from that, there's the chance that the call actually succeeds. By default, the 3/6/9/15 call rate groups have success rates of 12/24/36/60, and being in yellow/red heath doesn't improve those chances at all. The oft-cited Pressure, Intimidate, and Unnerve abilities don't actually affect the call rate, but they do affect the odds of success, giving it a 20% boost to 14.4/28.8/43.2/72% respectively. The only other bonus that can improve this chance is the "momentum bonus":
-opponent called for help last turn but "Its help didn't appear!": x4.5
-opponent called for help last turn, and it was answered, but you promptly OHKO'd it with a super-effective hit: x3
-opponent called for help last turn, and it was answered, but you KO'd it with something that wasn't super effective: x1.5

Of course, using an item, switching up which side of the SOS battle is the "caller" (if you're going for a non-Harvest approach), or just biding time while you wait for the new opponent to do something that might identify what ability they have, all forcefully bring your momentum bonus to a close, and you have to go without that bonus until you get another successful call. 15-rates with the red health, orb, and Pressure bonuses just need 1.5x momentum to make sure that not only do they call for help every turn without fail, but those calls are also answered without fail, so you don't need to worry about lining up type matchups there. But for lower call rates, the x3 is a big benefit to helping the chain go faster, if you have a suitable SE move to mow everything down in rapid succession.

so i'm gonna do a dual monotyped Rivalocke of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon with my brother my brother's types are fire/dragon my types are psychic/ghost the only thing i know i'm going to have is a decidueye,an espeon,and a dhelmise (and a lucario because we both picked one pokemon to use that isn't one of the types) what else should i use?

In FRLG, there are apparently some items that aren't there when the player first visits their location and spawn after some kind of an in-game event. What in-game events cause items to spawn?
The items are the TinyMushrooms in Mt. Moon and various items in the Underground Paths. They're all based on story progression around the relevant areas though I can't tell you specifically what makes them spawn.

I'm replaying Ultra Sun and I currently have Eevee on that team.

So, my Eevee is at max happiness, enough to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon. But if I level it up in Lush Jungle (specifically the area where the grassy rock is), will the evolution into the Johto Eeveelutions take priority over the evolution to Leafeon or vice versa?

So, my Eevee is at max happiness, enough to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon. But if I level it up in Lush Jungle (specifically the area where the grassy rock is), will the evolution into the Johto Eeveelutions take priority over the evolution to Leafeon or vice versa?
Location takes priority. IIRC specific circumstances like that take priority over something that can happen at any time anywhere.

Can confirm that leveling near Icy/Mossy stone takes precedence.

Also, knowing a fairy type move + having 2 hearts also takes precedence over Espeon/Umbreon evo but not over the stone evo.

Can confirm that leveling near Icy/Mossy stone takes precedence.

Also, knowing a fairy type move + having 2 hearts also takes precedence over Espeon/Umbreon evo but not over the stone evo.
So it's location > Affection + Fairy move > Friendship if an Eevee meets more than one of its evolution requirements when it levels up.

Looks like it.

Makes also sense tecnically, as those 2 evolution methods are tecnically triggered by intentionally putting Eevee in that situation and are very unlikely to be triggered "on accident"

Are there any emulators for RBY and/or GSC with trade functionality?

If not, I will need three cartridges, two consoles and a proper link cable, but they are not to be found.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)