CAP 25 - Part 6 - CAP 25g Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
NEW: This is a Celebration CAP, meaning that we are going out of our way to break some rules. We'll be creating a set of three Pokemon this time around, a set of Fire, Water, and Grass-type starters! You can read exactly which rules we'll be breaking here and the logic behind Celebration CAPs here. Give these a read-through to get some context.

CAP 25 Fire-type art submissions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-6-cap-25f-art-submissions.3640034/
CAP 25 Water-type art submissions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-6-cap-25w-art-submissions.3640035/

-----

This thread is open for WIPs, comments, and final submissions for the design of the CAP 25g. Important considerations that will come into play over the course of this thread are base stats and abilities. Please see the process guide for clarification on the timing of these decisions and for the timing of the closure of this thread. Warnings will be posted multiple days ahead of submission closure.

Posting Rules

***All material in both the main design and supporting material must be your own. Using another piece of art for inspiration is allowed, but blatant plagiarism will result in warnings or bans depending on the severity.***

Collaborative material (such as work made by multiple artists or a vision and art direction by a non-artist and execution by an artist) is not permitted.

Posting Frequency

Intentionally or unintentionally, thread-hogging tends to be more prevalent in the art submission thread compared to other CAP threads. In order to ensure that everyone has a reasonable chance to showcase their designs and air their opinions, thread-hogging will be moderated. If you wish to add new comments or art, but don't want to hog the thread, please consider editing your most recent post to add new content.

Posting Rules: Artists
  • Artists can post any work-in-progress (WIP) artwork in order to solicit feedback or to help develop ideas. WIP artwork does not need to conform to the standards of a Main Design. It can be in any medium or stage of completion, but it must be related to an original art design by the poster.
  • Do not post to state your intended design. You may not reserve an idea for yourself.
  • Do not post questions asking for help in making art. For art resources on Smogon, check out Smeargle's Studio.
  • Do not post inconsequential updates to designs. Only if you have made a significant change should you post an update in the thread.
  • Do not bump art or beg for feedback. If no one comments on your design, consider the silence to be your feedback. Also, check out the CAP Discord channel or the CAP PS Room for open real-time discussion on CAP art.
  • Images posted are subject to the following rules:
    • They must be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format.
    • They must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Imgur or puush). Do not use the forum's 'Upload a File' feature. Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Each post should contain no more than one (1) full-sized image, meaning:
    • The image is at most 640 pixels in both width and height.
    • The image has a file size of no larger than 200 kB.
  • Artists should post links to additional art or use linking thumbnails. Each thumbnail can be no larger than 160 pixels in either dimension. Any number of thumbnails can be included in a post.
  • Out of courtesy to users with lower bandwidth, artists must include a warning when posting links to images with file sizes exceeding 500 kB.
  • The use of hide tags does not circumvent or alter any of the image posting rules.

Posting Rules: Commenters
  • Please DO post constructive feedback for artists.
  • Do not post ideas or images to serve as inspiration for artists or attempt to commission an artist in the thread to render your idea.
  • Do not declare any artwork as "the winner" or make similar comments to that effect. Such posts are insulting to all the other competing artists.
  • Do not comment that a design does or does not "look like a Pokemon/Digimon". There is no artistic style guide for Pokemon and therefore such comments are unable to be substantiated or refuted.
  • Do not repost images from the thread. When quoting a post, remove any images.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the following rules, including those for the Main Design, in order to be included in the art poll.
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, the Main Design included in image tags below that, and supporting material (if applicable) below the main design.
  • All supporting art must be included as links or as linked thumbnails no larger than 160 pixels in either dimension. Do not include full images of supporting art in the final submission.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post. Artists are welcome to work on multiple designs and get feedback from the community, but only one design can be submitted for final consideration. If you wish to alter any aspect of your final submission, then edit your post. Do not make a new one, even if you delete your original post. Any deleting and re-posting will be treated as bumping and is subject to moderation.

By making a final submission, an artist gives the CAP project permission to use the submitted art for CAP and related projects. The artist also consents that the design can be interpreted by other artists for the CAP project and for other promotional purposes.

Artists cannot submit any artwork that has been previously or that is currently used by another project not affiliated with CAP. The winning CAP artist agrees to not later use the winning design for another project or contest not affiliated with CAP.

Main Design

The main design is intended to follow the same general posing and layout as the "Official Art" for existing in-game Pokemon. It must be suitable for display on the CAP Pokedex section of the CAP Website and any other CAP propaganda where a picture of the Pokemon is needed.

The comparison to 'Official Pokemon Art' is only applicable to the basic content of the main design; it does not imply any standards or guidelines regarding artistic style or rendering technique.

The following rules of content must be followed for the Main Design:
  • The image must consist of a single Pokemon on a plain white background. The background cannot be transparent.
  • The image must be a 2D digital or scanned traditional drawing. 3D media and photos are not allowed.
  • No part of the Pokemon may be cut off by the canvas.
  • The Pokemon must be in full color.
  • The design must have a distinct outline on the entire subject in contrast to the subject and background. Colored outlines are allowed but must not obstruct the clarity of the design.
  • No part of the design can be blurred into the background or blended into the background in any way.
  • No props, action effects, move effects, or additional objects can be rendered on or around the Pokemon. If a prop is part of the Pokemon's basic design (i.e. Conkeldurr's pillars), then it is acceptable.
  • The image must not include offensive or obscene imagery, or be intended to mock or insult the project or other users.
  • The image must be in .jpg, .png or .gif format.
  • The image must be at least 320 pixels and at most 640 pixels in both width and height.
  • The image must have a file size of no more than 200 kB.
  • The image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Imgur or puush). Do not use the forum's 'Upload a File' feature. Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.

The rules for main designs will be strictly enforced. Do not make comparisons to in-game Pokemon designs or to past CAP designs to determine if your design is in compliance with these rules. Some in-game Pokemon designs and past CAP designs do not conform with the current CAP art submission rules, and emulating those designs is not an acceptable excuse for breaking the strict interpretation of the current rules.

Supporting Material

There are almost no rules when it comes to supporting material. Action scenes, movement studies, interaction with other Pokemon, animations, sculptures, and cartoon strips are all allowed. Non-art supporting material is also allowed. This includes detailed descriptions of the art, background data, stories, etc. All supporting art and information must be related to the main design in some way.

Art Polls

All art polls will contain the Main Design and, if applicable, a link below it titled "Supporting Material". This will link to the artists final submission post, if applicable. All final submissions conforming to the rules above will be slated.

-----

CAP 25 so far:

Topic Leader: reachzero

Topic Leadership Team:
EpicUmbreon29 - Typing
snake_rattler - Ability
jas61292 - Stats
cbrevan - Movepool

Name: Starter Trio CAPs

Description: This CAP is not one Pokemon, but three seperate Pokemon, based off of a Grass/Water/Fire starter trio.

Explanation: There is rarely such thing as a competitively viable starter Pokemon in the OU metagame, rare exceptions being Serperior, Greninja, and Blaziken for their insanely powerful abilities, and Infernape for his speed and movepool. Running three seperate CAP Processes with different Concepts can be loads of fun, and a nice way to celebrate CAP with our own starter trio! I'd love to see what the artists can come up with, and what pre-evos will be made alongside this trio, as well.
I've spoken to Birkal about this framework, and I've decided that this framework would definitely limit the Typing stage of each CAP, but not necessarily limit the Abilities stages, as Overgrow, Torrent, and Blaze aren't very competitively viable, and not necessarily limit the Stats stages, as starter trios tend not to share the same BSTs, giving us flexibility with where and how we want to place stats, especially with each "starter" most likely having a different concept from the others.

Possible Questions:
Is it possible to create a fully competitively viable Grass/Water/Fire trio?
What can be learned from a trio of Pokemon that will mostly likely check, if not counter, each other in a Rock Paper Scissors manner?
Exactly what does it take to create a fully competitively viable starter trio, something unprecedented in all of official, competitive Pokemon?

Of course, feedback is all but begged for as we work to flesh out this framework!

Starter Fact Sheet

Final Submission
  • Name - Astounding Ability Actualization (Triple A)
  • Description - These Pokemon each maximize the potential of their given, separate abilities by coordinating their movepools and that ability's competitive effect.
  • Justification - This is an Actualization concept much like Cyclohm's original "Neglected Ability." In my research on what made Pokemon with "Starter Level" stats effective, the common denominator was they all had abilities they used to full effect with their other competitive aspects. This framework gives us a unique opportunity to A-B test some fairly powerful abilities we usually shy away from and bring out an effective competitive starter trio.
  • Questions To Be Answered -
    • Which Abilities are best suited to a full, comprehensive exploration of their specific mechanics?
    • Why does Ability seem to be the common factor in taking "starter-esque" Pokemon into prominence (e.g. Protean and Battle Bond Greninja, Contrary Serperior, Speed Boost Blaziken to Ubers, etc.)
    • What is the threshold where maximizing an ability goes toi far, such as Blaziken's combination of Swords Dance, strong attack and mid-grade speed, and high BP STABS with Speed Boost or Protean Greninja's huge speed and just-varied enough movepool in prior Generations?
    • How will introducing three specialized Pokemon into the metagame at once impact it overall?
    • Which type combinations along with the starter types are best suited to maximizing the potential of a specific ability, and why?
  • Explanation - Competitive Pokemon has suffered from a massive power creep for a long time. In order for a Pokemon to be effective, not only does it have to be fairly good generally, it also can't be directly outclassed. Considering our Framework, our Pokemon are already competing against Heatran/Volcarona, Toxapex/Keldeo/Greninja, and Ferrothorn/Kartana for offensive or defensive roles. However, each of those Pokemon have their own flaws that give our FWG CAP Trio space to explore if we are focused on a key niche for each of them.

Let's take Grass for example, and Tough Claws. Tough Claws boosts one of the most incredibly CAP-relevant moves, Grass Knot, because it is a special contact attack. Only Mega Metagross ever even came close to utilizing this combination, and Mega-Meta was banned (for other reasons, of course). Grass could also use it's huge number of healing options with Triage, including priority Strength Sap that even outruns Bullet Punch. Nearly every Fire attack has a secondary effect chance perfect for Serene Grace or Sheer Force. Water has a few specific moves that would also love Serene Grace, but would also appreciate breaking through Gastrodon and Mollux with Mold Breaker. Suffice it to say, this concept gives us an ability to meet our Framework demands and think through a huge combination of synergistic types and abilities in a single project.
CAP 25g

Typing: Grass/Electric
Threats and Counters: https://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7875516
Abilities: Overgrow/Galvanize
Stats: 84 HP / 106 Atk / 82 Def / 77 SpA / 80 SpD / 106 Spe

CAP 25f

Typing: Fire/Ground
Threats and Counters: https://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7870058
Abilities: Blaze/Technician
Stats: 88 HP / 116 Atk / 67 Def / 88 SpA / 78 SpD / 97 Spe

CAP 25w

Typing: Water/Bug
Threats and Counters: https://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7872739
Abilities: Torrent/Poison Heal
Stats: 91 HP / 94 Atk / 110 Def / 80 SpA / 97 SpD / 63 Spe

Last edited:

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Post updated at #117

Aabacus

Agender Nerd

Amitghosh

Bird

Birkal

BlueberryBlanket

Boss195

Brodaha

DatHeatmor

DrifblooomCF

Falchion

flying moose

Golurkyourself

Gravity Monkey

Harle

Honk

Jackii

Kyrads

Lukas0803

Magistrum

Morghulis
Nektùll

Nuukia

paintseagull

Pipotchi

Prototypetrainer

Quanyails

Reiga

RubyTRNR

sambler

ShunosaurusLii

SilvanRaptor

Squidy822

StephXPM

SuessMD

Sunfished

SunriseInBlue

Wulfanator72

Xyaxys

YourFavDalmation

Yilx

Zephias

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
WIP

Based off of Lizards and those Audio/Video cables. i need to add more grass parts as discord has told me but im just posting this here for the design so far

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
WIP

Early doodle of our Grass/Electric friend.

It's based on various pterosaurs, with big influences from the South African mythological creature known as the Lighting Bird and the bird most commonly related to it, the hammerkop. Alongside this, it has heavy lightning rod influences, with a tail resembling one and a leafy wingspan that sorta evokes the kite supposedly used in Benjamin Franklin's famous kite experiment. Its mouth resembles crocodile clips, and it also has a generally speedy nature evokes the Electric type.
its also ridley

WIP

Based off of a dimetrodon, lime, and arc of lightning

imgur.com/mLbvr5m
Extra bit of supporting 3D art

Last edited:
I’m giving early feedback.

DatHeatmor I like your design! I think it needs more Grass elements. Also, it looks like the middle stage of the line. Try making it bigger, beefier. Something like that.

Reiga Your design is awesome! Just add some Grass stuff too.

ShunosaurusLii Your design also suffers from looking like a prevo. Make the design look like a final evolution. Super neat idea of an electric lime Dino tho.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
WIP
My work-in-progress design, based on the Irish Elk.

As I'm not entirely sure how the Grass starter's build will be, I chose a quadruped mammal base as I deem it flexible enough to accommodate either bulky, speedy, special or physical. While bipeds are the recent trend in starters especially in later gens, it is more forgiving on the side of Grass-types due to precedents like Venusaur, Meganium and Torterra.

For the design elements, I opted for prickly leaves like the Holly on the fur to bring out a decent mesh of Grass and Electric typing, at least color scheme-wise. Old-fashioned Lightning Rods adorn the antlers to exude a regal look.

As a design quirk, I wanted to give a jobclass theme amongst my starters, much like what has been done on the Gen 6 and 7 ones. This design in particular follows a Druid-class aesthetic, which the Irish Elk naturally portrays.

I'm not sold on the color scheme yet, as some people have suggested to remove/replace the red elements to deter from the christmas vibe it seems to exude. I'll do what I can! As always, comments, critiques and criticism is greatly appreciated.

WIP

Current idea for a grass starter atm:

imgur.com/a/ExGO0M3

It's based on a giant beaver. The cape/tail starts off as a maple seed and fades into a solar panel beaver tail. Probs needs more to get the idea of electric mon across tho. The smaller drawing shows the rest of the body that the tail is covering.

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
I really like these two designs and I have a couple critiques.
WIP
Early doodle of our Grass/Electric friend.

It's based on various pterosaurs, with big influences from the South African mythological creature known as the Lighting Bird and the bird most commonly related to it, the hammerkop. Alongside this, it has heavy lightning rod influences, with a tail resembling one and a leafy wingspan that sorta evokes the kite supposedly used in Benjamin Franklin's famous kite experiment. Its mouth resembles crocodile clips, and it also has a generally speedy nature evokes the Electric type.
its also ridley
It's very rare for a Pokemon to be in a flying pose like this and not be Flying type, Bug type, or have levitate. I'd suggest depicting it in a walking pose like a pterasaur. It would fit in well with the other prehistoric themed grass starters and would also match the reptilian alligator clip head.

WIP
My work-in-progress design, based on the Irish Elk.

As I'm not entirely sure how the Grass starter's build will be, I chose a quadruped mammal base as I deem it flexible enough to accommodate either bulky, speedy, special or physical. While bipeds are the recent trend in starters especially in later gens, it is more forgiving on the side of Grass-types due to precedents like Venusaur, Meganium and Torterra.

For the design elements, I opted for prickly leaves like the Holly on the fur to bring out a decent mesh of Grass and Electric typing, at least color scheme-wise. Old-fashioned Lightning Rods adorn the antlers to exude a regal look.

As a design quirk, I wanted to give a jobclass theme amongst my starters, much like what has been done on the Gen 6 and 7 ones. This design in particular follows a Druid-class aesthetic, which the Irish Elk naturally portrays.

I'm not sold on the color scheme yet, as some people have suggested to remove/replace the red elements to deter from the christmas vibe it seems to exude. I'll do what I can! As always, comments, critiques and criticism is greatly appreciated.
I think this one is a bit too similar to Sawsbuck. You could maybe play up the electric aspects in order to distinguish it more. I'd suggest more jagged lines and to make the lightning rod antlers larger. This would also make it look more like the Irish Elk, which had enormous antlers.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Darquezze, TwilightWing, and Nemmy on Discord helped me figure out this design. :) I started off with the idea of dendrites (already having a Grass/Electric fakemon based on the idea), but the problem was making it look like a starter Pokemon. I decided that giraffes were long and skinny, so I chose that animal to go with the idea. I couldn't make the dendrite part fit into the design, but I realized that giraffes by themselves were an awesome fit for Grass/Electric, so I worked with that. :D

Here's the current sketch iteration for the giraffe. Feedback is appreciated. :)

If the giraffe proves to be too unpopular, I can also resubmit the dandy lion from last CAP as a Grass/Electric type. Here's a crude recolor of the design. :P

I'll be giving feedback to other artists on Discord! Might not have much time between work and my own designs, though.

Final Submission

Hi, i'm new in CAP process !
A lot of good ideas here :)
On the picture above, my grass/electric starter proposal based on the snail (ty captain obvious).
I let it in work-in-progress status if you have some feedback about it, because its my first custom pokemon in full color (i never do more that just scribble habitually).
Oh and if my english is too bad for be pleasant to read, please do not hesitate to tell me :s

---

EDIT for answering feedbacks :
Dece1t said:
special shout outs to Brodaha's little potato battery and Nektùll's fat Grovyle-looking snail (this one made me chuckle a little bit lol)
Thanks for your feedback Dece1t, happy that he made you laugh x)
Indeed, this brown color on his front combined with this green reminds Grovyle ! :o
If someone else think the same and find it problematic, please tell me, so i'll possibly change the brown for another color (grey maybe)

Origin0 said:
Nektùll This snail is pretty nice, I really like the shell design! The only problem I can see is if 25g is made to be a fast Pokemon, which your snail might not fit into very well, unless you turn it into a turbo snail :P
I was imagining him going back in his shell then roll fast, but its not obvious to show it on a static drawing supposed to present the pokemon :s
I am trying to design a different concept with a spinning top snail, you can see it if you follow the link under the actual snail, but idk, i like this one and his grumpy face x)
Thanks for your comment ! :)

SuessMD said:
Nektùll This is my favorite entry so far. It's just the right amount of ridiculous, but also well drawn and fits the concept super well. I don't mind that the body supposedly looks Grovyle-ish (I honestly don't really see it) I like that shade of green, and starters often have similar coloring - take a look the line-up of Fire starters through the years and compare the shade of orange used in like the first five of them. Go on. I'll wait. Yes. They used almost exactly the same shade of orange somewhere in almost all of them, often for a large chunk of the body. I don't even have a suggestion. I like it the way it is.
Thanks a lot, i'm really happy that you like it ! Indeed, i picked the colors from existing starters for make my drawing consistent with the officials :)

Last edited:
WIP

Bonus:
Laughing

Mad scientist Gelada. It generates electricity with the sprout nodes on it's head to assist in its "experiments." I'm still working on revising the tail from the previous WIP, which was like a spiky club, but I'm thinking I want it more like a flytrap so that it can latch on to opponents like an alligator clamp or something. Gonna finish the turnarounds first before starting the final render.

Last edited:
WIP

If there is one design I'm not confident about, it's this one. It's a cable-and-panels Audrey II growing out of an RC Jeep, but it just... doesn't look like a Pokemon. It's what I have until I come up with something better, though.

WIP

I decided to make this brontosaurus, which means "thunder lizard" a perfect dinosaur for a grass/lightning mon, the desing isn't very complex, but something i really like from it is the afro hair, it has a little resemblance with a "ball lily" also know as "thunder lily" but with a yellow colour, those black dot on the hair are the nostrils, a characteristic of the brontosaurus

Modedit: Please use image tags, not media tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, a lot of these are really awesome so far! My personal favorites atm are StephXPM's Electric monkey (hopefully it doesn't become too similar to Infernape, otherwise I'm seriously digging it!!), ShunosaurusLii's little dinosaur (my only criticism being it does look like a bit of a pre-evo, but its a pretty fantastic start imo), and Magistrum's Irish elk (some additional electric elements would be nice), in that order. Some of these are quite cute and comical though, special shout outs to Brodaha's little potato battery and Nektùll's fat Grovyle-looking snail (this one made me chuckle a little bit lol). Keep up the awesome work, I'm jealous that I'm not nearly as artistic lol.

Last edited:

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
WIP

I wanted to go ahead and get some early art out in the thread. I'm moving to Utah in about a week so I've been stretched for time.

I started by narrowing a theme for my starters to share similar to how the kalos starters were traditional RPG classes. After some internal deliberation, I liked the general theme of mythology. It gave me a large library to pull inspiration from and was not overly constricting. From there, I focused more on the secondary typing to connect some mythos.

When I had done my initial research, I had been researching in the hopes Grass/Ice would be CAP 25g's type. I fell in love with the idea of using norse mythology to bring out this secondary typing. However, when the result of the poll came back, I had to shift gears. Now working with Grass/Electric, I still wanted to use norse mythology. If you hadn't guessed it by now, the legends surround Thor was what i decided to base CAP 25g off of. It was also nice to discover that another symbol of Thor is the oak tree.

Now that I had my mythology selected, I had to find some animal to apply my theme. I decided to focus my attention of prehistoric animal since many grass starters followed a similar trend. I decided to research Scandinavian dinosaurs to better round out my design. I eventually stumbled across the saichania. The saichania is an ankylosaurid dinosaur. This would mean my design would be in a similar family to that of torterra. The interesting thing about the saichania is that its tail is very club-like in shape. This gave me the idea of creating a dinosaur with a Mjolnir (Thor's hammer) tail.

Next, I used the spines that cover saichania to create a viking head/helmet. I also made the two largest spines lightning bolt in shape to further acknowledge the electric secondary typing. I've put a lot of attention into the anatomy of the body to better differentiate it from torterra. I decided to go with a muscular build to better complement the norse theme. In some of my hand-drawn sketches not included, the positions I had drawn my design in we almost lizard-like since the saichania has some resemblance to the emperor newt.

Lastly, I wanted to put focus on the hammer tail. I wanted to have it raised high in the air like a lightning rod ready to be struck. While not complete, I intended to make the hammer a log in an attempt to incorporate some of the oak tree symbolism.

I felt like sharing my thought process so far and will hopefully have an update before I leave for Utah.

Last edited:
DatHeatmor I like the basic idea of your design, but I recommend you to change it up a bit, because as it is, it just resembles Sceptile too much for my tastes.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
WIP

This pokemon is a mashup between a megatherium (a giant prehistoric sloth), a pine tree and a tesla tower. It's still a rough sketch and a lot of things will probably be changed, especially on the lower part of the body.

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
WIP

a little big goofy, rabbit venus flytrap?

edit: thanks warren685, did some tweaking aha hopefully i didnt overdo this

Last edited:
WIP

a little big goofy, rabbit venus flytrap?
I like the concept, but you could add some electrical design maybe to the flytrap's mouth on the rabbit's shoulder, maybe make the teeth lightning symbol shape? If that makes sense to you aside from that and coloring think it makes a good starter design!

Last edited:
Some comments/feedback:

Reiga Cool design, but it looks kind of prevo to me. I think you could make it less spindly looking like Ridley

ShunosaurusLii I agree with Rev, it looks like a prevo too. Make it look bigger and stronger.

Magistrum I like the druid inspiration but I am not seeing much Electric typing in its overall design. And I think it has a Christmas-y color scheme too, maybe you could use more gold or silver to accentuate the regality.

Morghulis I'm not seeing much Electric or Grass typing honestly. I am also confused with the cape thing, which kind of looks like a wedding veil (I thought it was meant to be a beaver bride at first). I can't tell where the cape ends or where the tail starts either.

Quanyails Aside from the tail and maybe horns, I don't see much Electric typing. I think color will help and maybe it could use some electric designs and colors.

Nektùll This snail is pretty nice, I really like the shell design! The only problem I can see is if 25g is made to be a fast Pokemon, which your snail might not fit into very well, unless you turn it into a turbo snail :P

StephXPM This looks cool too, it's like a monkey whose hair has too much static charge built up.

Zephias This is...interesting. I don't think the car is necessary, otherwise it looks like a serpent with a sunflower head and coiled wire body.

DrifblooomCF It has nostrils in its hair? As in, it breathes through its hair? Just curious how that works. I think the brown on the tail looks weird, it makes it look more Rock or Ground than Electric.

ZardX It looks like a prevo. Maybe make it bigger and stronger looking? Especially the legs.

Wulfanator72 I think colors and other details could really solidify the typing, like a tree trunk colored body or other oak-based details. Cool base design anyway.

DatHeatmor I don't think it looks too much like Sceptile. I think it's cool and unique that it holds it tail like a weapon like that, nice!

Gravity Monkey Cool design, I agree with you saying that the bottom part of the body needs to be changed. Its feet look kind of odd and the tree thing looks like it would drag on the ground awkwardly.

Amitghosh I personally don't think the red tinges are necessary, I think making them yellow would be okay. The crest is a cool detail.

SunriseInBlue This alien-like design is nice but I don't see much Electric typing in it.

Jackii I like the overall concept but it needs more Electric typing. Also, how exactly is the venus flytrap oriented on its back? Are the leaves like wings or are they attached to the backs of its shoulders? And the arms look bent awkwardly, like they're being pushed forward by the venus flytrap.

Some comments/feedback:

Reiga Cool design, but it looks kind of prevo to me. I think you could make it less spindly looking like Ridley

ShunosaurusLii I agree with Rev, it looks like a prevo too. Make it look bigger and stronger.

Magistrum I like the druid inspiration but I am not seeing much Electric typing in its overall design. And I think it has a Christmas-y color scheme too, maybe you could use more gold or silver to accentuate the regality.

Morghulis I'm not seeing much Electric or Grass typing honestly. I am also confused with the cape thing, which kind of looks like a wedding veil (I thought it was meant to be a beaver bride at first). I can't tell where the cape ends or where the tail starts either.

Quanyails Aside from the tail and maybe horns, I don't see much Electric typing. I think color will help and maybe it could use some electric designs and colors.

StephXPM This looks cool too, it's like a monkey whose hair has too much static charge built up.

Zephias This is...interesting. I don't think the car is necessary, otherwise it looks like a serpent with a sunflower head and coiled wire body.

DrifblooomCF It has nostrils in its hair? As in, it breathes through its hair? Just curious how that works. I think the brown on the tail looks weird, it makes it look more Rock or Ground than Electric.

ZardX It looks like a prevo. Maybe make it bigger and stronger looking? Especially the legs.

Wulfanator72 I think colors and other details could really solidify the typing, like a tree trunk colored body or other oak-based details. Cool base design anyway.

DatHeatmor I don't think it looks too much like Sceptile. I think it's cool and unique that it holds it tail like a weapon like that, nice!

Gravity Monkey Cool design, I agree with you saying that the bottom part of the body needs to be changed. Its feet look kind of odd and the tree thing looks like it would drag on the ground awkwardly.

Amitghosh I personally don't think the red tinges are necessary, I think making them yellow would be okay. The crest is a cool detail.

SunriseInBlue This alien-like design is nice but I don't see much Electric typing in it.

Jackii I like the overall concept but it needs more Electric typing. Also, how exactly is the venus flytrap oriented on its back? Are the leaves like wings or are they attached to the backs of its shoulders? And the arms look bent awkwardly, like they're being pushed forward by the venus flytrap.
Not all designs have to make it obvious that it's a electric type you know, sometimes color or theme is enough for that. Look at Delphox you don't really see a distinct connection to Psychic except the theme of a Mage or Incineroar where it's secondary typing is shown through it's color such as the color Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)