Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aleccat and Electrolyte noticed this: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-810441431

I'm aware that in hackmons, an Arceus will be normal unless it has both Multitype and the appropriate plate. I know this is intended behaviour. But from what I can tell, if the Arceus is actually normal type, Revelation Dance should be a normal type move, and in this replay it clearly isn't.

Someone else tested this with an Arceus-Fighting that was actually normal type, and Revelation Dance was a resisted hit against Rayquaza. So I'm pretty sure Revelation Dance is, for some reason, tracking Arceus's visual type instead of its actual type (presumably an oversight since the distinction only matters in hackmons).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-809511185

Sableye is illusioned as Blissey, who immediately Imposters the opponent's Heatran. When Illusion Sableye mega evolves it says it became "Mega Heatran" while its sprite is still Blissey.

On turn 13 Sableye uses Wish. The following turn it says "forfeit if seen's wish came true" which is Sableye's true nickname, instead of Blissey's nickname being shown. It's still Illusioned for everything else though. These I am less sure of because I can't test for myself and the help desk wasn't sure, but they seem out of place.
This is the sequence of messages that actually appear in the game if you try to Wish with an illusioned mega:
megaillusion.png

The "Mega Heatran" phenomenon is something different: Illusion in slot 1 is looking at slot 2, when slot 2 is itself active (and therefore subject to side effects like Imposter) because it's a double battle and there are no other Pokemon in the party. In-game investigation of that case:
megaillusion2.png

So we have Showdown giving some incorrect text messages in both cases, but since Illusion is banned even in BH, this can only ever arise in Metronome or custom game. Not a high priority, at least.

1537919118999.png

PS HTML goes pretty crazy when float: left; is used.

The code used was:
!htmlbox <div style="float:left"> &nbsp;</div><div style="background-color:blue; height:80px; width:300px; float:left;"></div> &nbsp;

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
1537932862400.png

I don't if this is a visual glitch or if this is for real, since the game was over that turn; however, if it is indeed this could have serious complications with matches. Just switched in Scyther should've read 12% next damage, said 30%...

View attachment 137630

I don't if this is a visual glitch or if this is for real, since the game was over that turn; however, if it is indeed this could have serious complications with matches. Just switched in Scyther should've read 12% next damage, said 30%...
I was just about to comment with this exact thing. I sent in an Ursaring to activate its Toxic Orb and the counter immediately said the next damage would be 12% instead of 6. Something's wonky with the Toxic counter.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
There's a visual bug with Iron Barbs in older generations. When Iron Barbs triggers to get a KO or be KOed, in Generation 5 at least, the message is displayed multiple times, including [<Pokemon>'s Iron Barbs!] even if the Pokemon didn't have Iron Barbs. This is not present for current gen games as far as I can tell.

Examples of visual errors (incorrect):
Turn 11: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5doublesou-812998015
Turn 14: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5doublesou-401183

Demonstration that it's working fine in Gen 7 Custom Battle at least: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-813454764

Hello, I was battling a Blissey and it was able to use both Protect and Softboiled even though It had a Choice Scarf.
Battle Link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-814071772

I attached a screenshot showing that the blissey had a choice scarf and a transcript showing me asking how it could use two moves while having a choice scarf attached to it.
weird match 1.png

please help me figure this out.

Last edited:
Hello, I was battling a Blissey and it was able to use both Protect and Softboiled even though It had a Choice Scarf.
Battle Link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-814071772

I attached a screenshot showing that the blissey had a choice scarf and a transcript showing me asking me how it could use two moves while having a choice scarf attached to it. View attachment 138460
please help me figure this out.
The OP had three Blisseys, none of which where named or otherwise able to be kept track of. In my experience, PS will not differentiate between the two, but that was an illusion mechanic in BH. You may have been keeping track of the wrong Blissey, none were statuses or below 100%HP during the switchins during the turns in question.

The OP had three Blisseys, none of which where named or otherwise able to be kept track of. In my experience, PS will not differentiate between the two, but that was an illusion mechanic in BH. You may have been keeping track of the wrong Blissey, none were statuses or below 100%HP during the switchins during the turns in question.
That is what I was thinking. It just sucks because I had my pointer hovering over that Blissey to ensure it was the one that had Choice Scarf. And so my strategy depended on that fact.
Is this mechanic built in?
For example, here is my question, "Will all Blisseys say they have Choice scarf even though some are not holding it, in this particular case?"

Thanks for your reply.

Shedinja can get certain moves like Swords Dance or Baton Pass from Ninjask's learnset in past gens when Nincada evolves at the right level and learns the relevant move on evolution. Because PS put these moves in as standalone gen 3 events you can't have an egg move like Gust with them.

There's another specific example here, Metal Claw/other nincada moves and Baton Pass/other ninjask moves are listed as illegal since it says Metal Claw has to come from Nincada and the events are listed as Shedinjas. In a gen 3 scenario, Nincada could learn/breed down Metal Claw and then evolve at 45 to get Baton Pass as a Ninjask which Shedinja would inherit from.

1538625878462.png

1538626404988.png

Also most of these moves are listed as Gen 3 events but this behaviour is also in Gen 4. Pretty much only makes a difference for the gen 4 egg moves I guess.

At 3:26 you can see him learning moves on Ninjask and at 4:27 you can see Shedinja's moveset taken from the new Ninjask set.

Last edited:

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Ciao!
I'd like to report this possible bug regarding the timer. I've checked this battle (there will also be a screenshot at the end of this post) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-815165764 where the user TRFox disconnected. Like everytime an user disconnectes, the "- disconnected and has a minute to reconnect" sentence appears. What is weird is that the timer for TRFox didn't run out, while for donchorizo did. Disclaimer: they (donchorizo) claim they've selected the move "Stealth Rock", so the timer should have only run out for their opponent, but it didn't.
Am I missing something? Sorry if this will reveal to not a bug in the end, but better trying rather than not :]
Thanks in advance for the help!

That is what I was thinking. It just sucks because I had my pointer hovering over that Blissey to ensure it was the one that had Choice Scarf. And so my strategy depended on that fact.
Is this mechanic built in?
For example, here is my question, "Will all Blisseys say they have Choice scarf even though some are not holding it, in this particular case?"

Thanks for your reply.
Can anyone answer my question from post #412
Marty please help

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-815912377

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-815947483

I found this interaction with Perish Song and Future Sight. On the last turn, Future Sight hit the opponent's last mon, and right after the hit, I dropped to a Perish count of 0 and thus both of our mons died in the end. I still won but this shouldn't have happened, it should've ended when the opponent lost his last mon from Future Sight and the victory was real.

I tested this ingame at the Battle Tree, one of my perished mons died early so I recreated it more specifically in the second replay just in case the full fainting tie mattered. Ingame it just does the Future Sight hit, damages, faints, and the battle ends with victory. In the PS replay that happens up to the damage, but he doesn't faint and I still have to wait for Perish Song to tick and both the mons to faint before it ends. The battle video I recorded is live under Y82W-WWWW-WWWU-XFEA.

While going through what happened I just realized it's basically an extension to the future sight + residual damage interaction I noticed before and not a new thing, now seeing that in a double faint situation it can affect the faints and the time the battle ends on ps. Not really major since it shouldn't affect the outcome but it's an extra faint.

Alpha

Banned deucer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-816239164

Tropius' Harvest let him eat Sitrus Berry two times in a row. I'm unsure if this is an actual bug, but better safe than sorry.
That's how it's supposed to work. Tropius ate the first Sitrus Berry, then went to 40% life. Its ability let it harvest another one and, due the fact Sitrust Berry activates when user's HP are at 1/2 of their maximum or less, Tropius ate the second berry.

In doubles, the ability "minus" and "plus" does not work. The 1.5 special attack boost is not applied when you have two mons with those abilities on the battlefield like it should.

Flower Veil has some issues. According to bulbapedia and my own ingame testing in the game freak double battle, Flame Orb/Toxic Orb/Rest are not blocked by Flower Veil and still activate accordingly. On Showdown, it does stop these from inflicting their status conditions.

Bulbapedia also claims that you can't make a Flower Veiled mon initially drowsy via Yawn, and it can fall asleep if it is already drowsy. I could only confirm the second part about drowsy sleep under the veil. On PS this is the opposite currently: you can Yawn and make it drowsy, but it won't fall asleep.

Replays + custom game debug logs i just noticed: Toxic orb, Flame orb, Rest fail, Yawn behavior

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
In doubles, the ability "minus" and "plus" does not work. The 1.5 special attack boost is not applied when you have two mons with those abilities on the battlefield like it should.
Its working properly, just not showing on the tooltips (the box that appears when you hover over a pokemon). Tooltips are a visual only, client side thing, meanwhile the actual calculations are always handled server side. A quick test in doubles custom game shows this.

Code:
<< >battle-gen7doublescustomgame-299

|
|move|p2b: Minun|Protect|p2b: Minun
|-singleturn|p2b: Minun|Protect
|move|p2a: Plusle|Thunderbolt|p1a: Plusle
|debug|Plus boost
|-resisted|p1a: Plusle
|-damage|p1a: Plusle|141/261
|move|p1a: Plusle|Thunderbolt|p2a: Plusle
|-resisted|p2a: Plusle
|-damage|p2a: Plusle|190/261
|debug|natural status immunity
|debug|immune to status
|debug|move failed because it did nothing
|move|p1b: Ludicolo|Rain Dance|p1b: Ludicolo
|-weather|RainDance
|
|-weather|RainDance|[upkeep]
|upkeep
|turn|2
Basically theres two teams, one with a plusle with plus and a ludicolo (obviously without minus) (p1), and one with the exact same pluse and a minum with minus (p2). Damage from p2 on p1 was greater, in addition, I added a debug check to the ability plus on the server and it triggered: |debug|Plus boost.

Basically: its working server side, and there isnt a tooltip for this or its broken.

Not a bug as such, more of a missing feature but I think it needs addressing:

There's no validation of Hidden Power to minimum IVs. For example, everyone knows that HP Fighting is illegal in VGC due to the 3 31 IV requirement and this is checked for. There's a similar issue with HP Flying, Poison and Rock. For each of these 3 types there is only one odd/even legal IV combo in VGC due to the needing of 3 31 IVs, but in each combo there are only 3 possible odd values so each one of these has to be 31 which in these examples includes the attack IV. This means that you can't have an IV lower than 31 if you use one of these hidden powers, so no 0 att IV to minimise foul play/confusion. Showdown doesn't check for this. HP poison also has an odd in speed, which means you can't run 0 speed IV on trick room teams. The same is true for the other IVs that are fixed in these 3 HPs, but these are the only practical examples I can think of where you would want to run lower than 31 IV.
(ETA: another practical example I noticed - on a HP ground Mon on a trick room team you need to choose between 31 in att or 31 in speed - due to the way the IV spreads are.)
Odd/even combos found here - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67827372

Also (less of an issue), Showdown allows for 0 att IV on HP dark in any meta when the lowest IV should be 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)