Smogon Fantasy Basketball '18-'19

My interest is piqued but I haven't played fantasy basketball in... 7 years. And I no longer have an adderall connection to study up on it. Buuuut, I suppose you can put me down as a last resort fill in

My interest is piqued but I haven't played fantasy basketball in... 7 years. And I no longer have an adderall connection to study up on it. Buuuut, I suppose you can put me down as a last resort fill in
I'll pencil you in as a backup option, but if nobody else steps up, you're in. As long as you have a working knowledge of the players (which I know you do), you'll do fine.

(FYI - redraft draft is scheduled for Sat, Oct. 13th at 7:30 PM CDT)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'll pencil you in as a backup option, but if nobody else steps up, you're in. As long as you have a working knowledge of the players (which I know you do), you'll do fine.

(FYI - redraft draft is scheduled for Sat, Oct. 13th at 7:30 PM CDT)
The time works great for me.

Back for both!

suapah (confirmed), cb aaron judge (confirmed), trikx_insane, Stallion (confirmed), Del Rio (confirmed), Ghost_Chill (confirmed), Scofield (confirmed), biggie (confirmed), confirm when possible if you are returning.

If anyone else is interested in joining, let me know!

Here are the keeper league rules as a reminder. An Injured List spot was also added this year!

1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1. Lets call this the Keeper Value.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year. (Keeper Value = 5)
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years (lets call this the Keeper Contract). If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
  6. Any player kept that was not drafted the year before counts as giving up the very last pick.
  7. The Keeper Contract (i.e. the amount of time a team can keep a player) will transfer when a trade is made.
    Example: Team X has kept J.J. Barea for 1 year. Team X trades him to Team Y. Team Y can only keep him one more year.
  8. The Keeper Contract is removed/reset if a player is dropped at any point.

Make sure to set your keepers in the league page. Here are the previous two drafts for reference: 2016, 2017. Remember you can only keep a player a maximum of two years!

Last edited:
Time to give everyone their draft slots for redraft so they can begin prep. Per usual, managers can swap slots before the draft starts but both managers must notify me confirming said swap.

1. 48 Minutes of Hell
  2. MonSTARS
  3. trikx
  4. Mirotic's Jaw
  5. Beasley's Angels
  6. KawhiMVP
  7. Kevin Garnett
  8. OMGWTFBBQ
  9. SilverKnights
  10. We the North
  11. Dimebag Whores
  12. *DerrickRose's Team*
Btw heads up Randombobman - not everyone has re-up'd yet and I'm not sure if those dudes are still even active on these forums. You're on speed dial for a spot, so be on the lookout in the coming days

For that reason, I'm still accepting folks who are interested as reserves.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Time to give everyone their draft slots for redraft so they can begin prep. Per usual, managers can swap slots before the draft starts but both managers must notify me confirming said swap.

1. 48 Minutes of Hell
  2. MonSTARS
  3. trikx
  4. Mirotic's Jaw
  5. Beasley's Angels
  6. KawhiMVP
  7. Kevin Garnett
  8. OMGWTFBBQ
  9. SilverKnights
  10. We the North
  11. Dimebag Whores
  12. *DerrickRose's Team*
Btw heads up Randombobman - not everyone has re-up'd yet and I'm not sure if those dudes are still even active on these forums. You're on speed dial for a spot, so be on the lookout in the coming days

For that reason, I'm still accepting folks who are interested as reserves.
You would have #1 ;)

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Back for keepers, go ahead and put me as a sub for redraft, but most of my focus this year will be on DFS.

Has this always been a rule? Not a fan since if a player is dropped near end of season for injury reasons, they can be kept for cheap by whoever picks them up

ButteredToast, DerrickRose, Randombobman we have a couple of spots open in the keeper league, if any of you are interested. You can begin with a new team or take over a team that is not returning.

I think suapah and Lakers are the only ones that have not confirmed (I think I got everyone's team right).

Has this always been a rule? Not a fan since if a player is dropped near end of season for injury reasons, they can be kept for cheap by whoever picks them up
Yeah. Remember that in that case, the cost to keep them is still where they were drafted+1. So if, for example, you drop someone you kept with the 3rd pick, then someone else picks him up, they will have to use the 2nd pick next year to keep him (but they can keep him for the max 2 years). I think that with the injured list spot this season it should also help with this.

Stallion

Tree Young
ButteredToast, DerrickRose, Randombobman we have a couple of spots open in the keeper league, if any of you are interested. You can begin with a new team or take over a team that is not returning.

I think suapah and Lakers are the only ones that have not confirmed (I think I got everyone's team right).

Yeah. Remember that in that case, the cost to keep them is still where they were drafted+1. So if, for example, you drop someone you kept with the 3rd pick, then someone else picks him up, they will have to use the 2nd pick next year to keep him (but they can keep him for the max 2 years). I think that with the injured list spot this season it should also help with this.
I was about to say Scofield, finally having an IL spot will go a long way towards alleviating this.

Returning for another year, is it possible to change the draft for Sunday?

My keepers for this seasons is: Victor Oladipo (3rd round), Clint Capela (5th round).

Hmm keepers are only 2 year contracts? For some reason I thought it was 3. Would have been great to keep my value draft Nikola Jokic one more year.

Stallion

Tree Young
Returning for another year, is it possible to change the draft for Sunday?

My keepers for this seasons is: Victor Oladipo (3rd round), Clint Capela (5th round).

Hmm keepers are only 2 year contracts? For some reason I thought it was 3. Would have been great to keep my value draft Nikola Jokic one more year.
No, I'm Australian and that's a Monday for me. I work Mondays.

It's always been keep 2 years too. The third year is the first year you own them.

We need one more person for the keeper league, since Lakers has not confirmed. If anyone can help me with finding someone else, it will be greatly appreciated!

Will probably have to delay the draft at least until after the re-draft league draft.

Last edited:

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
None of the redraft guys want to jump in on the keeper league? i'd prefer not to have it delayed any more, ive got things to do later tonight lol

Will probably have to though, there is too little time between now and the draft (various settings lock about 1 hour prior to draft). :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)