Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Has anyone ever tried suspect testing multiple BL Pokemon at once? Each BL Pokemon may be broken by itself, but might un-banning 4-5 of them together cause them to check each other?
“Broken checking broken” is generally against the tiering policy, so this is unlikely. Additionally, something requiring one of the other drops to check it would still be heavily centralizing, so just adding one or two checks (that in and of themselves would also have limited checks) would be unlikely to change whether it was considered broken. It’s more common that usage-based drops lead to a mon coming out of BL, particularly things that were banned early in the generation while higher tiers were still hoarding mons that eventually fell out of popularity (often due to their own bans diminishing the relevance of niche checks).

The disadvantage of this is that it can lead to the most dominating Pokemon during the suspect being banned for still being broken, after which point it becomes clear said Pokemon was keeping the others in check so now they're broken.
So basically testing multiple Pokemon at once is not likely to work?
“Broken checking broken” is generally against the tiering policy, so this is unlikely.
What's so bad about this? Don't broken Pokemon stop being broken if they're easy enough to check? If broken Pokemon are always broken, why do different formats have different banlists?
Additionally, something requiring one of the other drops to check it would still be heavily centralizing, so just adding one or two checks (that in and of themselves would also have limited checks) would be unlikely to change whether it was considered broken.
A Pokemon can stay un-banned if it's a little bit broken, right? I think sometimes the top 3-6 Pokemon in a format/metagame would be broken if not for the other 2-5 Pokemon checking them. If multiple broken Pokemon are un-banned at the same time, they might in theory (yes I realize this is only in theory) form a new top of the metagame. It would change the metagame a lot, but just because something changes the metagame a lot doesn't mean it's broken, right?

How do we get the message next to our Smogon name? I mean like the user Ransei has ‘always flying through dimensional rifts’. ?

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
To add on to that, it is possible to get a CT without a badge, however it's pretty hard. One way to get one is to participate in certain threads where a CT is a reward, which is how I got mine. Those opportunities don't come up very often, though.

Just two small questions, without any link:
• it's been more than two months since my number of likes is fixed around 145. Yet I'm almost sure to have exceeded 200. Is this a display bug?

View attachment 138693
• probably that I'm one of the few users here who has this message, I reached the subscription limit of 1000 (strangely I don't feel "frenetic" about this). Given that on Twitter or Facebook this same limit is 5000, is it possible to raise the threshold?
No one to answer?

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
You mean custom title? If yes, you need to be a badgeholder. If you change your name, you will have a ''Formerly known as [your previous username]'' custom title temporarily but I do not think you will change your name simply for that
Who should i have to contact to have it?

If you're talking about the number under "Likes" on your profile, that is the number of likes that you have received not the number of likes you've given out.
Ouch, I should have shut up (it makes sense now). I had wondered if this number actually designated the received likes, but as it's preceded by the number of your messages it did not seem logical (it goes to show). Thank Merritt and my bad ZoroWarrior. It stays now the question about the subscription limit.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is the best place at all, but as an experienced player I'm concerned about a certain part of the Smogon Strategy Pokedex.

It's mostly on the Formats Tab. There's minimal resources - sometimes none - that are linked. I'm pretty sure it could have been done ages ago, since it seems to be in HTML (which I have some experience in) and could easily just be done through doctoring the Gen 7 OU tab to fit the format. You know, replacing Viability Rankings with the relevant forum links, etc. I have enough free time to do it if it's needed, it wouldn't take long to do either.

I think it makes the older formats (and sometimes present day with PU and such) much harder to access for newer players. Legacy information does hold some value.

Is there a reason that the Format Descriptions haven't been done yet? If there isn't then I wouldn't mind contributing.

As a head-start, here's a Pastebin where I keep all the resources I've compiled over the past year or so (for Ruins of Alph Metagames);
https://pastebin.com/yxkiyrXs

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to have my account on Pokemon Showdown reset? Meaning my ELO and GXE? I know there's a reset W/L button, but I want my entire account to be reset.
no, but making new accounts on ps isn't against the rules, so most people just do that if they want a fresh account.

Hey everyone, about a month ago I started playing on Showdown. I have a PC account and mobile account. Both are under the same username and password but for some reason they were separate. The teams I built were not saved between platforms. I have logged on to Showdown on PC and now I have no teams or chats. I do have my W/L records though. I want to know if there is a way to recover my account and or merge my PC and mobile accounts.
Thanks.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone, about a month ago I started playing on Showdown. I have a PC account and mobile account. Both are under the same username and password but for some reason they were separate. The teams I built were not saved between platforms. I have logged on to Showdown on PC and now I have no teams or chats. I do have my W/L records though. I want to know if there is a way to recover my account and or merge my PC and mobile accounts.
Thanks.
the teams you have are saved in your cookies, so they're saved locally on your mobile device. if you want to move them to your pc, you can do this by clicking "backup/restore all teams" and copy pasting the contents into a google doc or something similar, then accessing the teams from your pc and pasting them into "backup/restore all teams". i don't think there's an easy automatic way to do this unfortunately.

as for the chats, you can just rejoin those pretty easily.

I'm kinda new to this stuff so I'll post it here. I've been playing Randbats for quite some time now (5k+ matches) and I wanted to host a private tournament for a LAN-party we are organising. So my question is, where can I find all the info for organising my own tournament with custom rules etc.? Thx all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)