Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
the user Dienamight cannot send messages in rooms with the emoji filter. I talked to him for 20 minutes and confirmed that he was telling the truth. I also tried to check the emojiRegex myself and concluded that it doesn't match on Dienamight, so I have no idea what's going on here.

he also said it's been like this "forever" so it's probably not caused by a recent change.

Note: I made him send a screenshot and kept watch on his username in that time, the screenshot confirms he's telling the truth, and me keeping watch on his name confirms he's not faking it.

Edit: Problem solved: He managed to magically get a character attached to his name. Charcode 65039

Last edited:
Interesting tooltip bug flyingfalcons7 and I noticed while testing something else that he thought might be a bug and wasn't -

It seems that the tooltip does not reflect PP reduction by Pressure, as can be seen in the screenshot below, where it shows the PP as 4, when I in fact have 1. This was present in some form with differing numbers throughout the game

Am I missing some obvious reason here why it wouldn't show this? (screenshot and replay below)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2019moonseries-841627116 (first replay)

Edit: Interestingly, upon further testing I have been able to determine that it seems to have something to do with Palkia having a 2nd ability option, as Kyurem does not and the PP was reflected accurately in the tooltip. In the first screenshot, despite Pressure being revealed, it did not do this. This doesn't seem right to me, though I could be wrong. (second screenshot shows tooltip reflecting the PP accurately)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-841637154 (second replay)

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Flower Veil's activation message is currently showing the wrong names. It seems to be showing the protected target as having Flower Veil and the real Flower Veil user in the target's spot. This makes it show that the target has Flower Veil in the hover display as well.

For example, in these replays my regular Shaymin had Flower Veil but Skymin appeared to have it when it activated.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-841712418 (Turn 6)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7metronomebattle-841715185 (Turn 4)
1546034964009.png
1546035332540.png

Last edited:

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
There is an item-based bug where the server will say a pokemon has item X after it consumed it (without recycling, etc.). This does not happen when it gets knocked off.

EDIT:
Another bug. hamhamhamham used /tour leave during his battle (which didn't automatically forfeited his game). After he forfeited, the "battle" didn't end in the chatroom, where it would say "sam i yam has won the match 1 - 0 against hamhamhamham".

Last edited:
Hey just though I'd report something that I believe is malfunctioning, which is Victini's Victory Star ability. Been using it forever since it's one of my favs and well it could still be my imagination, but there seems to be something wrong with the way it applies to moves' accuracy, at the very least Bolt Strike's (base 85%, ~94% with the ability), and in any way there certainly is something wrong with the accuracy display of the moves under the ability's effect. Basically after having used the move hundreds if not thousands of times, I noticed 2 things:

1. The move description (in battles) randomly shows 85% or 94% accuracy, no idea what the reason is but sometimes (rarely) it shows 94% correctly for some time, like a few days, just to go back to 85% for the next month or so. This is also the main reason why I decided to write this report, cos if there's something wrong with the display, there's a possibility the ability itself may work incorrectly as well, I suppose. Here's what I mean:

85.jpg

or

94.jpg

2. The move's accuracy is periodically very high or very low. I know this sounds like crying over bad luck but the thing is it seems to happen in cycles of a few weeks, u can hit 95/100 in a month just to miss 35/100 the next, and then again hit 95. Dunno, it just feels this way and I've used it long enough now to tell the cycles keep repeating over and over. Might be just really weird streaks of luck but I'd appreciate if someone could at least look into this, wouldn't be wasting ur time if I didn't have a solid base for this.

Also, one more ss of what happened a couple of days ago, might be further proving my point or might just be a small and random visual glitch, who knows. Happened after I switched out Victini for Scolipede:

scoli 2.jpg

Ironically, for the last week or so the acc of Victini's moves have been displayed as base values like in the first ss I posted, iirc when I switched back to Victini in that battle the acc of Bolt Strike was shown as 85% too.

Anyway, happy new year to everyone :)

Edit: ah and one more thing - I don't recall ever missing a 95% acc move with Victory Star (might have happened but I doubt it) which is a solid proof that the ability works as intended, but everything I wrote above still remains valid nevertheless.

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The display bug seems to be quite inconsistent, so I agree that's probably worth looking into.
2. The move's accuracy is periodically very high or very low. I know this sounds like crying over bad luck but the thing is it seems to happen in cycles of a few weeks, u can hit 95/100 in a month just to miss 35/100 the next, and then again hit 95. Dunno, it just feels this way and I've used it long enough now to tell the cycles keep repeating over and over. Might be just really weird streaks of luck but I'd appreciate if someone could at least look into this, wouldn't be wasting ur time if I didn't have a solid base for this.
Yeah, I don't suspect you of just complaining about bad RNG, but our brains make it really easy to look for faults with RNG, even when the RNG is working as intended. Like we know that there's a 94% chance of the move working, so we expect that it'll hit 94 out of 100 times. But as is explained in this video: Randomness is Random. So it's far from guaranteed that the move won't hit more or less often than that.

If a Pokemon ever eats a Leppa Berry, at all, ever, it triggers the Endless Battle clause. Or I guess, to be precise, it is assumed to be in a loop, and if both Pokemon on the field eat a Leppa Berry the clause is triggered, regardless of the lack of Harvest or Recycle, and the fact that they started with the Berry in question.

In the above replay, Clefable and Mewtwo both have Leppa Berries, and two moves each (Clefable Moonblast and Moonlight, Mewtwo Gravity and Guard Swap). As soon as they consume their (single!) Leppa Berry they are considered to be looping, and then when they both eat their item the match is automatically forfeited. However, they started with their Berry, so that shouldn't happen. This also works if only one 'mon starts with a Leppa Berry--i.e., it's not just the simulator getting confused by the two Leppas.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-776702652

Seems like just by using a leppa berry, a mon can enter an endless loop state. This can cause endless battle clause to trigger wrongly like when both active mons have used a leppa berry at the same time even when the battle could otherwise finish fine

I'm participating in an "ohko only" fun tour with, as a rule, that you can only use a leppa berry as item, but the same thing happened as in the replays above, https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-843232919
which it shouldn't since they both started with that leppa berry and can't get their berry back

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-843908476

There's a weird bug involved with Zoroark here in Random battle, regarding the team recap. When Zoroark was sent in this battle to mimic Gyarados, the system spawned a new sprite in the recap, as if it was a different Gyarados. After Zoroark was defeated, the extra sprite was left there as a sort of 'zombie-sprite'. Funny enough, at the end of the battle the team recap accounted for seven sprites.

1546520866921.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-843908476

There's a weird bug involved with Zoroark here in Random battle, regarding the team recap. When Zoroark was sent in this battle to mimic Gyarados, the system spawned a new sprite in the recap, as if it was a different Gyarados. After Zoroark was defeated, the extra sprite was left there as a sort of 'zombie-sprite'. Funny enough, at the end of the battle the team recap accounted for seven sprites.
That's because you had a level 83 Zoroark but your Gyarados was only level 75 so the client realised something was up. What you should have done is left Electivire in sixth position so that when you sent out your level 83 Zoroark it would have been an illusion of a level 83 Electivire and you would have successfully confused both the client and your opponent.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-844746831

The Sawsbuck was hidden / looked like I brought 5 pokemon till I switched it in. Also some code came out when the battle started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)