Smogon Premier League X - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Congregation of the Classiest (5) vs Team Raiders (7)

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs bro fist | "Vro Fist the Punisher of Plays" returns to his natural habitat of SM OU. While he is unassisted by his former East teammates ABR and myself, he should still be able to come up with a solid team and pummel this monotype main into the ground. All jokes aside, 1 True Lycan seems to be a promising player who is on the upswing according to both the jerk and the anti-jerk, a very positive sign indeed. Nonetheless, it's hard to predict him to win against one of the best players in the game.
SM OU: Finchinator vs Talah | The cornerstone of the BIGS Classiest faces off against a complete random to start the tour. With our friend Ragnarock's unfortunate demise, Finchinator has consolidated his throne as Smogon's #1 tryhard. His determination and battling experience should allow him to prevail against whoever tf this is.
SM UU: edi0n vs Pak | Pak "rebounded" from a tour where some say he was heavily carried by Pearl and achieved great things in Snake 2. His opponent is seemingly a wannabe elodin, albeit one who won the UU Open. It's still hard to see him winning against Pak here.
SM RU: Nat vs Cynara | One of the best players in the tier faces off against an Ubers main people expect to do very poorly in this tour. Not very hard to see the outcome here.
SM NU: Garay oak vs SPACE FORCE meeps | meeps somehow wins games despite making some questionable plays more often than not. His opponent was the only one ranked below him in the Power Rankings, so I'll favor meeps' upside here.
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Biosci | This is a very close game, as the new guard takes on a reliable and very solid player who puts up good records at will. Edu has been pretty impressive in his showings, so I'll favor him 51/49 in this one.
ORAS OU: baddummy vs Trosko | People seem to have high hopes for baddummy. However, it's hard to predict him to beat Trosko, a very solid builder who knows what it takes to win. No choice but to favor the experience here.
BW OU: ZoroDark vs SoulWind | SoulWind is coming off a phenomenal SPL campaign, and also did very well in the latest Smogon Tour as he always seems to do. It's hard to predict anyone to win against the obvious steal of draft in his home territory.
DPP OU: Void vs roscoe | Void got the better of roscoe in their last meeting, and is obviously a very solid DPP player. However, I will once again pick the man with BKC's support to win in the thinking gen, as with a neutral matchup, roscoe should be good enough to make the plays necessary to come out on top. 5
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Jirachee | I've never really been impressed while watching Phil play. While he does have BKC's support once again, I find it hard to believe that he will be able to take down the best player in the field in his first game.
GSC OU: Earthworm vs Cased | I have very high hopes for this one. Both of these players are very solid, and I know Case will be dying to make a strong impression on his first game in SPL since SG choked on an icicle. Earthworm really needs no introduction, as a man with almost limitless experience and success. I'll take Case to pull the "upset" in his first game back, with some solid innovation that will prove the difference in this game between two very good players.
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Hipmonlee | Beds has proven to be a very solid RBY player; he unfortunately did not play that many games last year due to Finchinator's incompetent drafting, but he seems to have the starter's spot on lock for this tournament. His opponent is a relic of the 1900s, who some say participated in World War 1. This is an easy choice.

Cryonicles (6) vs Wi-Fi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: ABR vs Charmflash | ABR will be a favorite against anyone he plays, except maybe bro fist. Charmflash disgraced himself as a MonoSnake manager and is hated by the majority of the site. His battling skill is also very questionable. Easy decision here.
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Kickasser | This game's very close, but I think kickasser's a slightly better player. Small edge here.
SM UU: HT vs bugzinator | I think bugzinator's definitely a better player, and I trust 49 and myself to come up with a solid matchup to take the win here.
SM RU: Ajna vs Welli0u | Welli0u proved himself as a solid player by taking down SoulWind in Smogon Tour. While he definitely has very good team support, it's hard to predict anyone to win against Ajna.
SM NU: elodin vs Eternally | elodin's solid but Eternally's probably slightly better. Should be a close one, though.
SM DOU: SMB vs Human | idk how much human has played lately, so while he used to be good, hard to predict him to win in a stacked doubles field. #thecrustrule (kind of)
ORAS OU: Leru vs TDK | Leru was definitely overpriced. He had a solid Snake showing, while I definitely did not. However, I'll trust myself to rebound in this tour and definitely think I can win this one.
BW OU: obii vs Sergi | obi is another player who was definitely overpriced. Paying over 10k for obi seems absolutely insane. However, I don't really know much about this other dude so I'm gonna have to assume he's bad. obi having ABR's support doesn't hurt either.
DPP OU: Malekith vs DeepBlueC | I don't think Malekith is crust yet and I think he's probably better than this guy. In a tier full of variance and complete nonsense, getting Malekith for cheap seems like a good deal.
ADV OU: Veteran In Love vs UD | You've got to be kidding me, bro LOL There's a 100% chance that #1 crust-hater teal6 flip flops on VIL by the end of the season. Easy win for UD here. #thecrustrule
GSC OU: k3nan vs Fear | Fear is definitely not as good as last year's record showed. He seems to be very lucky, and if his luck returns to normal levels, he could be due for some major regression. However, he is definitely better than k3nan.
RBY OU: Alexander. vs The Idiot Ninja | TIN seemed to have gone a bit insane after the last SPL. Alexander is definitely one of the best RBYers on the site, and has proven to be a solid battler in other tiers as well.

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Stark Sharks (5)

SM OU: Empo vs Tricking | Tricking seems to be a divisive figure in the Pokemon community. Some people like M Dragon think he's phenomenal, while others observe his timer rarely display the "270 seconds" message and label him a clicker. Empo to me as probably rated a bit too high in the Power Rankings, but I still think he's a better player than Tricking.
SM OU: imsosorrylol vs Tamahome | I still don't really understand why the Sharks spent 8 billion on Tamahome to play SM OU but here we are. He's definitely a better player than sorry, who has yet to display anything in official tournaments that makes me think he was worth picking up. The only item of accomplishment on his resume is BKC having the faith to pick in him in Round 7 of Snake 1, but considering BKC's affinity for seemingly terrible players such as george182, this probably spells more harm than good.
SM UU: Pearl vs Lycans | Pearl will pretty much be favored every week in this tour. Lycans seems relatively inconsistent in SPL, so I think the Grand Slam Champion has a solid edge here.
SM RU: RedEmption vs EviGaro | I don't really think Redemption is good from what I saw in Snake. EviGaro has been hyped immensely, and her price soared above 10k based on recent performance. While I am not that high on her, I will give her a solid edge in this game.
SM NU: LAX vs Teddeh | I've always thought Teddeh was a pretty solid player tbh. He always seems to do very well in SPL. LAX will be favored in many other games, but it's hard to favor him against the #1 player in the field.
SM DOU: Croven vs fespy | I've heard of Croven. I haven't heard of the other guy. Moving on.
ORAS OU: Hiye vs Znain | Hiye rebounded from a World Cup where he made arguably the worst play of all time in the finals with a strong Snake showing. I don't really think Znain is that good based on what I've seen, so big edge to Hiye too Fiye here.
BW OU: Luigi vs Posho | Posho seems to have acquired the Marshall Law sickness, where one loses all their skill after winning Smogon Tour. If there's ever a spot for him to get back on his feet, it's here.
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs ToF | Jimmy being ranked 2nd in the DPP Power Rankings in all honesty just tells me how stupid the variance in this tier is and how relatively poor the playerbase is. However, by the #crustrule ToF cannot be favored here.
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs Kevin Garrett | I don't really know who eden's embrace is, honestly, and KG while on the Sharks seems to always deliver solid performances.
GSC OU: Lavos vs Conflict | This game should be amazing. I'm definitely way higher on Conflict than most people, but it's hard to favor anyone against Lavos, who has proven to be the best GSCer on the site (except maybe BKC).
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Sceptross | Very rarely do you get an SPL game that I will not predict, but here we are. 2 randoms going at it in the nonsense madhouse of RBY. See you next week.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

SM OU: Poek vs Eternal Spirit | Gama seems to overperform his skill level from what I've seen. He's still solid but Poek to me at his peak is an amazing player. Banking on him returning to form here.
SM OU: Mana vs Sacri' | Mana hasn't played a team tour in a long time, so it's hard to favor him here against a relatively competent player.
SM UU: Christo vs HarrisIsAwesome | Christo will have the team support, and he has proven that he can make great strides in UU. Harris definitely has upside, but I can't favor him here.
SM RU: aim vs Pohjis | Pohjis is the new king of semi-irrelevant tournaments, as he gobbled up two of the available ribbons on this site. I'm a bit lower on him than most people probably, and I think Joey's aggressive playstyle will work phenomenally in this tier. Small edge here.
SM NU: ict vs Osh | I'm also probably a bit higher on Leon than other people. I don't really think Osh is that impressive from the games that I've seen either.
SM DOU: emforbes vs MajorBowman | Bushtush emforbes returns to action after a dominant year where he almost won the World Championships. MajorBowman seems to be going downhill based on his past tour, but I still have faith in him. Nonetheless, it's hard to favor him against such a solid battler.
ORAS OU: blunder vs reiku | A rematch of the SPL 7 finals. blunder returns to action once again, salivating at the opportunity of improving his dogshit team tour record. reiku is definitely a solid player in ORAS, but blunder is on of the best ever in this tier.
BW OU: We Three Kings vs dice | dice is very solid at BW, and has taken down some big name players over the years. I'd favor him vs. most people in this pool and W3K is no exception.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs 6A9 Ace Matador | Gary came back in Snake and displayed some solid battling prowess in Ubers. He faces non-robot am in his return to SPL, a crust player who was formerly good. As per the #crustrule, Gary will be favored here since he did better in a more recent tournament.
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs zf | I must have really missed the point where marcop went from Finchinator lackey to solid ADVer. Apparently, I was completely out of the loop. Nevertheless, zf had some solid ADV showings in WCOP and should win this game.
GSC OU: sulcata vs d0nut | sulcata probably overperformed his skill level last tournament. d0nut is a solid player with more official experience and I think he'll take this one.
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs Kaz-Gasai | I don't really understand how the #1 RBYer in the Power Rankings didn't play that much in official tournaments last year, but here we are. I haven't heard of his opponent, but apparently he's good on that old gen site the tourbanned players play on.

Ever Grande BIGs (8) vs Indie Scooters (3)

SM OU: Sabella vs FMG | Sabella was way overpriced last SPL. Still, he's shown more promise than FMG probably, so have to give him an edge.
SM OU: Cdumas vs Lopunny Kicks | Cdumas is another divisive player. Some people think he's as good as ABR, while others bash his battling skil, or lack thereof. Either way, he should definitely be favored here.
SM UU: Sage vs robjr | After going WAY TOO EARLY in Snake, robjr returns to the tournamnt scene. Sage is getting the "prove you're not garbage without Pearl treatment," so the TCG Gamer will be favored here.
SM RU: KW vs Aeroblacktyl | KW is ANOTHER very divisive player. Some think he can do great things while others think he just closes his eyes and blindly clicks buttons. MoP was solid enough in Snake in a limited sample size, but I need to see more before not applying the #crustrule
SM NU: Kushalos vs Realistic Waters | RW seems to be a solid player that's hyped in many tours. However, the chef is on another level. He's very good at getting matchup with innovative techs, and this week should be no different.
SM DOU: Ezrael vs miltankmilk | This is another game I will not be predicting due to lack of knowledge about the players or the tier.
ORAS OU: xray vs craing ;_; | I don't really think xray is that amazing, but he has shown he has some real talent in ORAS. ben gay is one of those people that is better as a builder than as a battler. The fact that he possibly avoided his Snake Finals game due to nerves also lowers my opinion a bit.
BW OU: FLCL vs Ojama | I'm not really sure how you end a draft with FLCL somehow in BW, but here we are. He's a solid player, obviously, but the KINGPIN is on a different level.
DPP OU: soulgazer vs giara | ....LMFAO ARE U SERIOUS giara dpp oh my god LOL wow. not even gonna say anything. SG's way better.
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs dekzeh | battle of the crust? I guess? I've always thought dekzeh was always slightly better, so giving him a small edge.
GSC OU: choolio vs Century Express | I definitely would have bought MrE for 3k instead of Century Express for 15k or however much he was. choolio had his ups and downs last year but he's a more proven commodity.
RBY OU: Nails vs Metalgross | This one's kind of hard. Nails, as a VGC main, is a bit of an enigma nowadays. Meanwhile, Metalgross to me is like a 3-6 player. I know Nails definitely has knowltedge in this tour, so gonna bank on him winning this one.
Bop thele it is

GL to the ruiners...and the sharks too
Edit: just realized they face each other this week oops, gl both this week and for the ones to come

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Congregation of the Classiest (6) vs Team Raiders (6)

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs bro fist - big bro fist is legitimately one of the best players on the site by a large margin. i wish he ended up vs finch, this MU would be far more interesting that way.
SM OU: Finchinator vs Talah - similar to the above. finch is very strong. he should be able to defeat this guy who i don't really know.
SM UU: edi0n vs Pak - some say pak is the best UU player since i, teal6, breathed new life into the tier all those SPLs ago with my refreshing and optimistic level of play. i, however, say he's even better.
SM RU: Nat vs Cynara - nat is very consistent and will know how to dispatch someone far below her level of experience
SM NU: Garay oak vs SPACE FORCE meeps - kinda a guess here because meeps hasn't played in a while
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Biosci - bio is good
ORAS OU: baddummy vs Trosko - kinda a guess here as well
BW OU: ZoroDark vs SoulWind - the steal of the draft, SW will go on to put up a very solid record and is favored outright in this
DPP OU: Void vs roscoe - roscoe is a strong player and bla bla bla teambuilding bkc whatever
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Jirachee - linear is pretty good
GSC OU: Earthworm vs Cased - EW has been sitting toward the higher end of GSC while cased has been tourbanned for two years
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Hipmonlee - beds has always proven a difficult opponent for me every time i have ever faced him (though, its been a while now). hipmonlee kept using surf starmie lead in wcop which i DESPISE so i refuse to acknowledge it

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Stark Sharks (6)

SM OU: Empo vs Tamahome - i think empo is simply an incredible player and will do well throughout the entire tournament. tama's no slouch ofc but i really rate empo highly
SM OU: imsosorrylol vs Tricking - everything i've heard indicates sorry wants to really blow the crowd away this tour and im thinking he will go big to get a good start on that. tricking has defied what i've thought in the past and continued to perform at a super high level, but i sense an "upset"
SM UU: Pearl vs Lycans - incredible MU here, i would probably do a 5050 if i didn't want to avoid being a coward. lycans is a great player, pearl is a great player, i just am really looking forward to this one.
SM RU: RedEmption vs EviGaro - i really like red but i have absolutely no faith that he's actually played RU before in any meaningful capacity. could be entirely wrong.
SM NU: LAX vs Teddeh - another fire wk1 MU, another one where i would probably do a 5050 predict. lax and teddeh are both incredibly solid in this tier and will put on a show.
SM DOU: Croven vs fespy - literally no idk but i know who croven is
ORAS OU: Hiye vs Znain - hiye is very consistent aside from his one time he tbolted the azu.
BW OU: Luigi vs Posho - posho's insanely awful run in tours seems limited to playing anything aside from BW, where he still looks like he has a brain. thankfully, he can play that all season, and i beg the shark management to only slot him into SM OU or something during the week cryos plays you guys, otherwise keep him here.
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs ToF - ToF is rated really highly by August
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs Kevin Garrett - i think sunny might be a bit panicking going into his first big tour, but who knows.
GSC OU: Lavos vs Conflict - lavos has been the best GSCer for like two years now so ofc i will have to predict him.
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Sceptross - having reviewed a lot of sceptross's replays, i think he will be the big surprise in this spl. he's very good and was cheap and ranked lower than i think he should have been.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (8) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (4)

SM OU: Poek vs Eternal Spirit - oh my GOD what a great week one match. i love both of these guys from the bottom of my heart. the thing that i think gives poek the edge here, however slight, is that he knows ES well. we all teamed on pitvipers together, i think poek has the skill to pull the trigger in response to ES's aggro play. but man this is gonna be a good one
SM OU: Mana vs Sacri' - sacri is very solid and mana hasn't played in ages afaik, so gotta give it to him.
SM UU: Christo vs HarrisIsAwesome - my main man christo was a huge steal, having dedicated UU support alongside his natural ability and metagame sense (once he is back in the swing of things) means he's gonna do far better than his 5th in the PR suggests. i wouldn't be surprised if he ended with one of the best records in UU
SM RU: aim vs Pohjis - giueseppe is coming off of a sick run in SSD, and while his road to rank 1 in SM OU has been going fairly disastrously for the past few weeks, he seems much more comfy in lower tiers, so i figure he'll win
SM NU: ict vs Osh - how can you bet against the main man ict
SM DOU: emforbes vs MajorBowman - i've heard that bowman is super busy so i cant expect him to be on top of his game, emforbes is suppsoed to be really damn good (idk doubles)
ORAS OU: blunder vs reiku - another great MU, too bad i think ORAS frankly is boring as fuck to watch and is essentially SM lite but whatever. blunder will win because he's really good.
BW OU: We Three Kings vs dice - we really wanted dice too!! extremely good player
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs 6A9 Ace Matador - just guessing here, dunno
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs zf - great MU, i wanted marcop but respected his wishes to play for another team and didn't bid. zf however is good at coming up when it counts.
GSC OU: sulcata vs d0nut - sulcata is good
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs Kaz-Gasai - troller is, for my money, one of the best RBYers on the planet. he's extremely good and i think his record will end second only to Alex's in this tier

Ever Grande BIGs (5) vs Indie Scooters (7)

SM OU: Sabella vs FMG - fmg has a lot to prove in this first game after that pretty disastrous stour set. sabella hasn't looked like himself in full for a little bit but i think where he is currently at is above the last i've really seen from fmg.
SM OU: Cdumas vs Lopunny Kicks - cdu is consistent and stronger. lkicks is actually really good, and i like his style of play, but cdu will grind it out i think.
SM UU: Sage vs robjr - absolutely great MU actually, both are very strong players. honestly i'm probably just picking rob here because he's my wcop teammate lol but could go either way. he was an incredible steal.
SM RU: KW vs Aeroblacktyl - idk
SM NU: Kushalos vs Realistic Waters - kush is super solid as always.
SM DOU: Ezrael vs miltankmilk - again idk doubles but i like miltankmilk whereas i dont know ezrael personally so i'll predict for him
ORAS OU: xray vs craing ;_; - xray is the most intimiately familiar person w/ oras on the site and i think that'll show over the course of the season.
BW OU: FLCL vs Ojama - can't predict against the best player on smogon lol sorry abr bitch
DPP OU: soulgazer vs giara - SG loves DPP and wk 1 is too early for him to have gone insane so i think he'll win
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs dekzeh - honestly idk, dekzeh fucking blew me away last time we played so im gonna predict him
GSC OU: choolio vs Century Express - my teamm really liked CE when scouting so i'll go with him
RBY OU: Nails vs MetalGro$$ - both good players, my money's on metal because i literally never beat him, so the more he wins otherwise the better i look lol

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Congregation of the Classiest (5) vs Team Raiders (7)

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs bro fist | Who would bet against the punisher of plays? I really don’t know who, not me though that’s for sure.
SM OU: Finchinator vs Talah | Finch is a tryhard, and Talah hasn’t done any impressive playing yet. In terms of predicting based on skill and experience I think this one is easy.
SM UU: edi0n vs Pak | Everybody is gassing Pak pretty hard right now after a lot of recent success. Not going to bet against that changing now.
SM RU: Nat vs Cynara | I’ve been told Nat is good at this tier, and they also took the time to make a pre-draft power ranking for all the possible RU players. With this in mind I have to go with Nat since they seem to care more than any one person should.
SM NU: Garay oak vs SPACE FORCE meeps | Meeps has a cooler name, and is responsible for NU veil back in the day. That said I don’t know much about Garay Oak, besides that they named themselves after a prick. So I’m going to roll with meeps here, even though I think this is one of the lesser games this week.
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Biosci | Both of these guys are solid, and I could see this one going either way. That being said I like Biosci, and he’s got a VGC trophy which means he must be great.
ORAS OU: baddummy vs Trosko | I think Trosko is going to have a solid SPL, this game being the first win of many. A smart player with plenty of experience, hard to bet against him.
BW OU: ZoroDark vs SoulWind | Considered the best BW player in this tour by many, and I have to agree with them. Honestly don’t see myself betting against SoulWind until he does something to make me question his dedication in this tour.
DPP OU: Void vs roscoe | Both players are good, but Roscoe supposedly has BKC support…so…
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Jirachee | ADV is the worst tier on this site, but thelinearcurve is good at it, and I don’t think Jirachee is going to be able to take him down without getting a bit of luck.
GSC OU: Earthworm vs Cased | Close game that probably comes down to who wants it more, and is willing to put in the work when it comes to preparation. That said I don’t think the rust is going to be major in any of Cased’s games, but this being as close as except it’s enough for me to vote Earthworm.
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Hipmonlee | Aussie legend vs guy who has a profile pic that looks like he’s jacking it, going to have to go with what I can relate to more.

Cryonicles (7) vs Wi-Fi Wolfpack (5)

SM OU: ABR vs Charmflash | It’s ABR…Is anyone actually picking Charmflash that isn’t a member of the wolfpack?
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Kickasser | Kickasser is probably going to bring Webs more than the rest of the OU field combined this tour, but I still think he wins this game. BTB does have ABR team support though, so I expect his game to be close, and could go either way.
SM UU: HT vs bugzinator | HT won an OU game in the final week of the last SPL with Vivillion, so I can’t pick against him until he loses at least once.
SM RU: Ajna vs Welli0u | Ajna is a good player that should win this game. Welli0u had a good smogtour, if that matters, but I’m going to go with the eternal green.
SM NU: elodin vs Eternally | Eternally has been playing really well lately, and I think he’s a bit better. Game still could go eitherway since we’re talking about Kingpin Jr. but I gotta give this one to Eternally.
SM DOU: SMB vs Human | I don’t know either of these two, but of the 6 predicts I’ve looked at SMB is 6/6, figure it’s time I make that 7/7.
ORAS OU: Leru vs TDK | TDK is TDK.
BW OU: obii vs Sergi | I don’t know much (that means I don’t know anything and I’m saving face) about Sergi, but I think Obii is a good player.
DPP OU: Malekith vs DeepBlueC | Daddy.
ADV OU: Veteran In Love vs UD | Tier still sucks, but I like UD so going to give him the nod.
GSC OU: k3nan vs Fear | Fear is good enough to win this game.
RBY OU: Alexander. vs The Idiot Ninja | I don’t know if you all know, but TIN won some very important invitational tour or, and he also invented Gengar. Too bad he’s playing Alexander.

Alpha Ruiners (7) vs Stark Sharks (5)

SM OU: Empo vs Tricking | Tight game that could go either way. Both players are some of the best in SM OU, but I’m going to give it to ladder hero Empo.
SM OU: imsosorrylol vs Tamahome | I think sorry is going to surprise a lot of people this SPL, so why not start w1.
SM UU: Pearl vs Lycans | Pearl won grandslam, and was expensive as hell. Not betting against them until they lose.
SM RU: RedEmption vs EviGaro | EviGaro is supposedly pretty good, and I’ve heard a lot of doubts on whether or not Red actually plays RU.
SM NU: LAX vs Teddeh | One of the best games of the week, that I really want to catch live. That said I really like the way Lax plays; I probably will not be betting against Teddeh too often, but this week I feel like I need to.
SM DOU: Croven vs fespy | Croven did well in the circuit tour playoffs, and I’ve never heard of fespy.
ORAS OU: Hiye vs Znain | Hiye is really good, and I think he should win this game if all things go well.
BW OU: Luigi vs Posho | I’m really interested to see how Luigi does this SPL, as I’m really not sure how good of a player he really is. That said I like Posho in BW, and expect him to win.
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs ToF | Jimmy Turtwig won a classic not too long ago, but he never seems to do amazingly well come SPL. That said ToF is no slouch, and I expect him to pull this out.
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs Kevin Garrett | I consider sunny a friend, and want him to do well this SPL. That said I think he still needs to prove himself on the big stage and will be going with the Sharks mainstay.
GSC OU: Lavos vs Conflict | Lavos is probably the best GSC player in this tour, and I’m probably going to be auto-picking him for most of this tour, regardless of opponent.
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Sceptross | Haven’t a clue on who wins this one, but I believe MrGolem was lower on the PR.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (6) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (6)

SM OU: Poek vs Eternal Spirit | If Poek plays his best game he wins. Making it a question of if he’s going to play the lights out, or give ES a chance.
SM OU: Mana vs Sacri' | I like Sacri in this mu, just think he’s the better player.
SM UU: Christo vs HarrisIsAwesome | Harris is a wildcard that I think is capable of getting a win versus anyone in the field, but I have got to go with the proven player here in W1.
SM RU: aim vs Pohjis | I think aim is great, but Pohjis won like a million ribbons in the last few weeks so I’m going to have to give him the edge here by a thin margin.
SM NU: ict vs Osh | Osh was a steal at 3k, and I believe he starts off with a bang in W1.
SM DOU: emforbes vs MajorBowman | Emforbes is one of the best, and I expect him to stay hot.
ORAS OU: blunder vs reiku | Big Bad Blunder should pull out the W here. One of the best to ever do it in ORAS, with the goat CTC giving him teams. Easy.
BW OU: We Three Kings vs dice | I think Dice should win here. A solid player that should do very well this year. W3K is solid, but Dice is just better in my eyes.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs 6A9 Ace Matador | Picking Gary here since his opponent has numbers in his name, which means he’s bad.
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs zf | This tier still sucks, but zf is the better player from what I’ve heard.
GSC OU: sulcata vs d0nut | after interacting with sulcata last WCOP I’ve got some mixed feelings. I think he’s a good player, but takes prep pretty lightly – or at least he did. That being said his opponent has numbers in his name…but I still gotta go with d0nut, even if I don’t like it.
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs Kaz-Gasai |Is number one on the PR for a reason, hard not to pick the favorite.

Ever Grande BIGs (6) vs Indie Scooters (6)

SM OU: Sabella vs FMG | I don’t think either of these two have been amazing as of late, but Sabella should win.
SM OU: Cdumas vs Lopunny Kicks | This is the second OU game, but it definitely is the highlight (though I think both teams were trying to dodge a bit with these placements). That said Cdumas is the better player, and is hard to pick against. I expect big things from Cdumas, so got to roll with the Frenchie W1.
SM UU: Sage vs robjr | Blah Blah Blah…win without Pearl…Blah Blah Blah
SM RU: KW vs Aeroblacktyl |I like Mop and think he’s good at the game in general, but I’m not sure how much RU he actually plays, so I’m going to ride with KW until Aeroblacktyl shows me something.
SM NU: Kushalos vs Realistic Waters | Another great NU matchup. I think both players are going to be very competitive this SPL, but somebody has got to lose. That said I really like the way Kushalos plays, so am going to have to give him the edge.
SM DOU: Ezrael vs miltankmilk | I think Miltankmilk should win this one.
ORAS OU: xray vs craing ;_; | Craing in one of my favorite players on this site, and while I wish he was playing SM OU (like c’mon give me Craing vs. Cdumas) I still think he pulls it out here. Xray is no slouch though with an intimate understanding of the ORAS OU metagame, who could definitely pull this one out if gets a good match up.
BW OU: FLCL vs Ojama | Kingpin.
DPP OU: soulgazer vs giara | Do I really need a reason?
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs dekzeh | This tier is whack, and I don’t know who these two are. That said I’m picking dekzeh since TDK picked dekzeh, and I stole his formatting.
GSC OU: choolio vs Century Express | Have seen Choolio play a few times, and he won, so why should I expect it to stop.
RBY OU: Nails vs Metalgross | Not even going to talk about anything relevant competitively here, since MetalGross is a reference to the greatest Pokemon of all time he gets my vote. If you want something though I will say: LOL VGC main.

Last edited:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
First off, gl to all the teams. :psyglad:
And now, some predictions: :blobwizard:

Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs Team Raiders (5)

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs bro fist - without any doubt, bro fist is the one that people will bet to go 8-1, 7-2 or even 9-0 he's super solid and he hardly ever misplays so beating him willl be a rough way for lycan.
SM OU: Finchinator vs Talah - this will be a close call, both know each other pretty well, and they both are good enough to take it, but finch experience can be a factor in this battle.
SM UU: edi0n vs Pak - i think pak is one step above from edi0n, not on in-game playing but since the edi0n have never played a big team tour, and him starting can be a factor to make it "easier" for pak, pak alsalso comes from a great snake run.
SM RU: Nat vs Cynara - cynara is one of the biggest questions on the raiders, and her facing not other but nat week 1, will be a big deal to go throught. Nat on the othee hans is as always solid and can bring a good win. I'd still love to see cynara give a good game or even taking it home.
SM NU: Garay oak vs SPACE FORCE meeps - garay oak has been performing better and better lately while meeps comes from the shadowrealm after him being almost disaappeared this last year.
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Biosci - Even that edu have been performing amazingly, i'm going to give it to biosci by 49.5/50.5, this will be a super close match that i'm excited to watch.
ORAS OU: baddummy vs Trosko - There's no doubt that trosko building skills are amazing and he doesn't really make missplays so catching him offguard is hard, but even this baddummy is capable of take this win.
BW OU: ZoroDark vs SoulWind - predicting against one of the best if not the best bw player that smogon had in his whole history just feels not right, soulwind is capable of going 9-0 and no one will be surprised.
DPP OU: Void vs roscoe - this is another close match but roscoe will pull up with the right plays.
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Jirachee - while jirachee is definetly good, i don't think he can win against the best player on the pool.
GSC OU: Earthworm vs Cased - This is a big one, both players are super solid, but will cased come stronger than ever after this 2 year, or will earthworm's experience and level take it all, this will be an interesting match that will go very close, however i'm rooting for earthworm.
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Hipmonlee - Beds gets to start into rby where he's super solid at after not playing as much as he could last spl, hipmonlee comes from doing a cool wcop show but beds have the win here, will be a good series anyway.

Cryonicles (6) vs Wi-Fi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: ABR vs Charmflash - Does this even need any comments? possibly the man to beat (after brofist) vs ... why did i get drafted and i'm starting? charmflash isn't bad but he lacks from experience and didn't do his best since last ost, will be cool to see him pull with a good season tho.
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Kickasser - this will be a close one, but i think kickasser might take it.
SM UU: HT vs bugzinator - bugzinator is overall a better player, so he definetly have more chances to win.
SM RU: Ajna vs Welli0u - welli0u gooing back into ru is interesting, whatever he is facing not other but ajna which is arguably the only one that could steal nat his #1 spot in the tier.
SM NU: elodin vs Eternally - This could end up being either nu.exe mirror or stall on eternally side. Whatever, even that both of them are solid, mr.duck does nothing but get even better results while the time keeps going.
SM DOU: SMB vs Human - SMB is the favourite one here, there's nothing to really discuss
ORAS OU: Leru vs TDK - If we check at last snake, people could say that tdk is going on bad times and leru is getting to it's peak... whatever that was on lower tiers, speaking about oras, tdk should outperform leru.
BW OU: obii vs Sergi - At first i didn't know who sergi was, but after looking on replays and records on RoA, i could easily say that he can win this one. The only reason i'm rooting for obii is for the experience that the latter have on his back.
DPP OU: Malekith vs DeepBlueC - tbh, i wasn't expecting to see malekith in dpp, but he can do pretty well here.
ADV OU: Veteran In Love vs UD - It's been a long time since anyone could see VIL take it serious, will be interesting to see how can he perform, no matter what UD is the favourite option here.
GSC OU: k3nan vs Fear - This could be the start of another season 9-1 or even better, fear is just terrific in this tier. The biggest threat by far, rooting against him seems wrong.
RBY OU: Alexander. vs The Idiot Ninja - read fear, take off the 9-1 part and you got this. Alexander is the safest option in rby due to his solid plays.

Alpha Ruiners (7) vs Stark Sharks (5)

SM OU: Empo vs Tamahome - this will go into a close one but empo seems the safe option here, both are pretty solid. 60/40
SM OU: imsosorrylol vs Tricking - sorry is definetly good and his builds are even better, but tricking have the knowledge and the experience to make it possible.
SM UU: Pearl vs Lycans - this is a heat matchup but pearl is solid as rock.
SM RU: RedEmption vs EviGaro - evigaro is cuter so giving the win to his way. I also think that redemption ru level isn't matched to evi's.
SM NU: LAX vs Teddeh - this could go either way since they both are with eternally and kush one or two steps above the rest of the pool, no matter what, teddeh will bring something classic but strong that will make him get solid results, while lax is a mystery box and you don't know what's going to come out when you open it, this for me is the highlight match of the week (but yet again i'm an nu main so...). 49/51.
SM DOU: Croven vs fespy - Can't really tell when i just heard the name of croven from this 2. :psygrump:
ORAS OU: Hiye vs Znain - what is this a win? hahahahaha -hiye
now for real, hiye is just too solid in oras, while znain didn't have any notorious actuation in this past year.
BW OU: Luigi vs Posho - posho will start rediming from his past times ghost, and sending to shut all of those that think that he will not break his bad streak. luigi on the other hand comes from the supportive bench, and that makes him be one step above. Will be a good one even tho.
DPP OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs ToF - Franchise pick vs classic dominant jimmy goatwig... i think it's pretty clear here.
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs Kevin Garrett - this time the franchise taktakes it all.
GSC OU: Lavos vs Conflict - while this will be a really close one, lavos will pull up with big plays and teams as always. 55/45
RBY OU: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Sceptross - This looks like a pretty fun one, rooting fomg bcz i honestly want him to do well this spl, will be close anyways.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (6) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (6)

SM OU: Poek vs Eternal Spirit - poek is at the peak of his mons career and even that es have beem doing better than ever lately it's hare to root for him.
SM OU: Mana vs Sacri' - Hars to root for mana even i love his heat, he's been disappeared lately while sacri had a more so okish year.
SM UU: Christo vs HarrisIsAwesome - harris can win this, but christo having the support and the fact that harris doesn't have that much experience lackscon himself to get predicted for him to win, but he can definetly do it.
SM RU: aim vs Pohjis - and the wins goes to mr.ribbon of the year 2018.
SM NU: ict vs Osh - ict comes from a year ban but he's definetly capable of pull up vs osh that have not only no support on builds but also have no experience.
SM DOU: emforbes vs MajorBowman - emforbes comes from having an amazing year, while the colonel have really hard times to get farther, and even then he didn't do that well.
ORAS OU: blunder vs reiku - big bad blunder.
BW OU: We Three Kings vs dice - laslasse is good, but dice can take the match vs almost anyone in this pool so rooting for him.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs 6A9 Ace Matador - :smogthink: let me think about this one... i said myself i wouldn't post dead predictions so rooting for ace.
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs zf - zf comes from a really solid wcop, should have this.
GSC OU: sulcata vs d0nut - d0nut overall have the experience and the skill to take it over sulcata even that he comes from a good perfomance in the last times tours.
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs Kaz-Gasai - kaz-gasai have the people hyped for him, i actually have never seen play but troller is the man to beat in this pool.

Ever Grande BIGs (9) vs Indie Scooters (3)

SM OU: Sabella vs FMG - One of a close game but sabella can do a good spl, and since sabella have more experience it balances for him.
SM OU: Cdumas vs Lopunny Kicks - cdumas is one player that can do amazing this spl, being able to beat the 2 top dogs (brofist and abr), lopunny kicks is good but is hard to root against cdumas.
SM UU: Sage vs robjr - i'd love to see sage pull out on this one but rob is definetly amazingly solid in uu. this is a pretty good match and will definetly proves things since both players are capable on going into a super positive record this spl.
SM RU: KW vs Aeroblacktyl - MoP is good but KW is on another huge step from him.
SM NU: Kushalos vs Realistic Waters - i hate rooting against my boy, but i can't root against the chef and i doubt that oricorio fire does it again. I'd love rw to pull up with the win. And he's even more menacing noow that he isn't under teddeh orders, so his creativity is even more free.
SM DOU: Ezrael vs miltankmilk - ezrael is too hot too lose.
ORAS OU: xray vs craing ;_; - biba vs ben gay, this one is a heat match, will be interesting to see whatever i love the waves of the vibes of the biba and he will take it.
BW OU: FLCL vs Ojama - while flcl is good, the kingpin is good enough to take it home.
DPP OU: soulgazer vs giara - isn't giara a gsc player? :pikuh:
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs dekzeh - this will be close but not one of a big game tho.
GSC OU: choolio vs Century Express - choolio just seems safer here, even his weird record the last time.
RBY OU: Nails vs MetalGro$$ - Nails have the knowledge to take this game, but metalgross experience on the tier can make this go all into the other way.

:psywoke:Let the show begin!!!:psywoke:

Go bigs!!!:blobnom:

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Garay oak vs SPACE FORCE meeps

personally favor garay on this one because he has a lot more going for him at the moment compared to meeps. hes coming off a fairly hot snake run (it was in ubers though), and he has a lot more support when it comes to nu. finchinator and hootie have both been active w/ playing the meta recently which helps him patch up any teambuilding holes he may have from taking a little break from focusing on nu. whereas with meeps hes coming off a year without playing or building, and while thats fine when hes put up good records in the past, i still think there will be a bit of a bridge between him and a few other players at least early on that he has to overcome. id put this more towards 55-45 garay, as im sure if meeps figures out something new and weird garay could be caught off guard.​

LAX vs Teddeh

going to very slightly favor teddeh when it comes to this matchup, honestly the closest of the week. both players are coming off fantastic runs in their latest nu team tours, and both made it to semis of the nu circuit playoffs. they both are also familiar with how each other prep/build as teddeh bought lax in nupl, and they made it to finals together. overall i think the reason i have to give the leg up to teddeh in this one is because hes been a bit more active when it comes to nu recently. lax admitted that he hadnt been completely up to date and brought stall x2 vs suki in playoffs. teddeh also had a much more recent slam run to finals that needs to be taken into account, which is why overall im going to favor him 51-49.​

ict vs Osh

favoring ict for this one mainly bc i think the transition for osh into spl may be a bit rocky, and playing vs ict means he wont even have the ability to really prepare all that much since ict does not have any recent replays. while ict hasnt played in over a year, i still think hes favored here as he was able to do well last spl with just as much unfamiliarity starting off from week 1. he does lack team support to an extent, but he still has a lot of friends who still play / keep up to date so he will not be completely alone. osh has basically only shown up in individuals as of late, and while he does have his personal teambuilder SANJAY on the team, i dont think that will be enough for him to be ready for week 1. overall i think osh will eventually pick up his record and break even, but i still think this week 1 will be a bit tougher for him. favoring ict 55-45.​

Kushalos vs Realistic Waters

i know i said lax vs teddeh was going to be the closest one this week, but i think this will be my favorite to watch as i love what both players bring to the builder when they start getting creative. waters doesnt really have anyone stopping him from using his wilder teams this spl, like teddeh did in snake, so im hoping we get to see a bit more of the creative side when it comes to him. but because of that ill favor kush here since he will still bring his reliable cores with a few interesting techs, and as long as he thinks through his moves and isnt making plays like leaving diancie in on a sivally he should be all set. favoring him 55-45 as well.​

RBY OU: Alexander. vs The Idiot Ninja - idk tin seems very charged to start well and he knows alex and how to prep for him, but Alex belong to SSSIIIIIUUUUUUUU squad so can't lose, rooting for him
GSC OU: Lavos vs Conflict - this game promises sparks. considered how it ended last time, i think conflict is more motivated and if boss is motivated nobody is at his level. great game between two gsc mastermind

nice boom start :swole:

BW predictions:

ZoroDark vs SoulWind - This match is a lot closer than it looks on paper. SoulWind is incredible and is coming off an amazing year (or years really), but ZoroDark is perfectly capable of beating anyone in the pool.
obii vs Sergi - My heart is always with those who play BW.
Luigi vs Posho - Posho caught the big gay and lost his powers. Sad.
We Three Kings vs dice - I'm expecting some janky team that dice will pilot to perfection as per usual and win with some tech that'd take a mere mortal 10 years to figure out.
FLCL vs Ojama - Highlight game. I'm a big fan of FLCL personally, but the kingpin is the kingpin.

Very important prediction:

Heroic Troller vs Kaz-Gasai - finally unleashed, hide your Tauroses.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Gonna predict BW OU, ORAS OU and SM OU as I feel like I have the best knowledge there. Hf.

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs. bro fist | A very good one and definitely closer as it seems. However can't go against the fist. He is gonna read every move you click and punish every play you make.
SM OU: Finchinator vs. Talah | Talah is an incredible builder and is probably gonna gain a slight MU advantage in this one. But despite that I feel like Finch's playing ability is definitely better, he is probably gonna have the control over the battle from turn 1 till the end by making slow process with expert doubles and stuff like that.
ORAS OU: baddummy vs. Trosko | Really unsure about this one. I ranked them 4 and 5 in my power ranking so I am p high on both (blunder, hiye and TDK in front of them). Baddummy is really into it rn but I think it will depend on how well Trosko adapted to the new metagametrends. Basically a 50 50 to me. I'm gonna go with the player I know better atm.
BW OU: ZoroDark vs. Soulwind | Just recognizing we could have Finch vs. SW here, damn.. ZoroDark isn't bad but Soulwind is a beast in BW and I am very sure he wins this.

SM OU: ABR vs. Charmflash | I am probably rooting for Charmflash here and I think that he is a good player that can definitely make wild plays to catch ABR. On the other hand I think that his teambuilding sometimes goes a little too much into the same direction and ABR might be able to make use of that + he is a very solid player so..
SM OU: BTB vs. Kickasser | That's probably my highlight SM game of this round. Both are super fire, going with BTB because I know him better, he got the friendship bonus and he is a real gentleman.
ORAS OU: Leru vs. TDK | Buildingwise ABR vs. TDK is a 50 50 to me given how much they know each other. Haven't rly seen Leru play ORAS much, he is a good overall player but maybe he is gonna get caught off guard. I really don't know how far his ORAS knowledge goes. Could see him going 2-7 but also 7-2 this SPL.
BW OU: obii vs. Sergi | I am glad this guy finally gets his shot after being an enthusiastic BWer for many years and always carrying me with BW teams :] Unfortunately I don't know how much Sergi is into BW at the moment but Tony is a good manager so I guess he is into it pretty well?! I hope he can take on the pressure and end up victorious in this one. All I know about obii is that he is that he is a really hard worker. Should be a tough one but Sergi ur a great guy, best wishes.

SM OU: Empo vs. Tamahome | Empo is a great SM OUer. Close game but I predict him to win. Also I am sad that we cannot witness Tamahome in DPP OU ;(
SM OU: imsosorrylol vs. Tricking | I think imsosorrylol is definitely a threat in SM OU and better than people wanna accept he is. However Tricking is a really tough opponent in SM OU and I feel like he is still slightly underrated as a SM OU player (not as an overall player). His STour showed how ridiculously good this guy is.
ORAS OU: hiye vs. Znain | Znain is wild. On a good day he stands a good chance against hiye. On a bad day hiye eats him alive :s
BW OU: Luigi vs. Posho | Luigi is a very solid overall player and definitely deserves to be in this. I simply think Posho has more experience here. Kys Posho lmao

SM OU: Poek vs. Eternal Spirit | Really tough one. Both are super good... I just feel like the day has come that ES has to lose again lol
SM OU: Mana vs. Sacri' | I know from snake that Mana is part of the super mastermind SM building core together with Talah. Can't predict against super steal Sacri' though who simply has more experience.
ORAS OU: blunder vs. reiku | I could write the same thing I wrote about Trosko here. Blunder is solid but it can be a close one depending on how active reiku is.
BW OU: We Three Kings vs. dice | Would prob predict this differently in almost any other tier but dice is incredible at BW OU while I feel like W3K is as good there as in almost any other mode, idk?

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
hi it's your friendly neighbourhood authority on doubles players level 51 here with another set of very well thought out predictions remember to like comment and subscribe

[CONG] EmbCPT vs Biosci [RAID]
Biosci has, I believe, sold his soul and perhaps that of his pet dog to some infernal power in order to string together a seemingly unending string of positive SPL records. EmbCPT has no such luxury (by some accounts not having a soul in the first place), and furthermore recently chose to turn his back on Princess Mishimono, the one deity DOU has ever recognised. Difficult to imagine EmbCPT coming out in this situation, unless, by some huge improbability, Biosci and Kaori go on a simultaneous anime binge, and in the resultant hangover forget to put any Ground resists on Biosci's team.

[CRYO] SMB vs Human [WOLF]
I'm not sure it's actually possible to predict against SMB here without breaking laws in at least 48 US states. On one side of the field, you have SMB, back-to-back Seasonals champion, 2018 Doubles Invitational—*checks notes*—er, qualifier, and all-around wielder of a galactic-scale brain, up against what is quite literally a Human being taken care of by a Wolfpack. Various case studies [1][2] have shown that such humans, generally speaking, end up with impaired social skills (perhaps even worse than SMB's, though unlikely) and more relevantly, potential intellectual impairments, so in the Extremely Intellectual Game that is competitive Pokemon, my money's on SMB.

[1] Rauber, August Antinous (1888). Homo sapiens ferus: oder, die Bustände der verwilderten und ihre bedeutung für wissenschaft, politik und schule. Leipzig: Julius Bregse.
[2] Fantini, Alvino. Language Acquisition of a Bilingual Child: A Sociolinguistic Perspective (To Age Ten). United Kingdom: Multilingual Matters, 1985.

[RUIN] Croven vs fespy [SHRK]
I can neither confirm nor deny that I may have been paid money to predict against Croven. A source which I will not disclose tells me that every prediction against Croven only makes him grow stronger. As I type this message millions of Russian bots are being sourced from the dark web to predict against Croven on various mediums covering SPL, including Smogon's Twitter, Facebook, the Prediction Tour QQ is running, Google Images, and so forth. But yeah, fespy will win this because his username isn't an edgy amalgamation of two black birds.

[TYRN] emforbes vs MajorBowman [TGRS]
The recent Gengarite ban has taken its toll on emforbes' tournament results, with his lofty seasonal win followed up by a disappointing 50% win rate (1W 1L) in post-Gengarite ban tournament sets. This is also notably accompanied (or perhaps caused, at least in part) by a disappointing 50% accuracy on Hurricane (3H 3M), showing that the Gengarite ban is even affecting the other Pokemon on their team. Meanwhile, MajorBowman had the tournament run of his life in the Doubles Invitational—by which I refer to him running the tournament, of course—no delays, all rounds completed on time, even during the pre-tournament tiebreaker. Plus a Challonge and sourcing tournament art? If he can transfer even half this efficiency into this tournament match he should have no trouble breezing past emforbes.

[BIGS] Ezrael vs miltankmilk [SCTR]
miltankmilk is yet another player who has been badly hit by the Gengarite ban, and I can only imagine he cries himself to sleep clutching his Messi body pillow as a faint substitute for his one true love. It's too late to bring it back, and he of all people should know not to cry over spilt milk, but it's going to take some serious adaptations to get himself back on top of the meta. Meanwhile, Ezrael is in red-hot form, coming off a top 4 placement in the prestigious Alphabet Cup minitour, his DOU skill level reaching tall and high like a middle finger on camera at Worlds. Maybe if I predict him to win and he does, he'll finally tell me how to pronounce his name.

BW predictions

ZoroDark vs Soulwind : Soulwind is the best BW player in the pool. Played against him so many times that I can clearly define his strength. His teambuilding is just solid, not as good as dice's but it does ok. What makes him so good is his ability to make the right choice. He has that killer instinct when it comes to predictions. He isn't afraid to make the risky swicht and the fact that he just doesn't loose these clutch 50/50 is just annoying. Nothing really surprised me from what I have seen in ZoroDark's past games, so I will give the edge to SoulWind

obii vs Sergi : I didn't know obii was a BW player, so can't say much about him. On the other hand, we have Sergi the ghost. No, Tony didn't loose his mind by drafting him. You don't have to worry about your BW slot Wolfpacks because the boy is solid. Sergi deserves his spot and he will bring you wins. From what I have seen these past 2 years, I expect A LOT from you Sergi. Don't let stress get the best of you and you will do as usual :v

Luigi vs Posho : Uh, it's a weird matchup. Luigi knows in my opinion more about BW and Posho is a quite unpredictable. It should be close but I'm giving the edge to Luigi

We Three Kings vs dice : I love that one. Both players are solid. We Three Kings is surely capable of taking the game but I just can't predict against dice. I don't know about his behaviour in his team but his skills can't be doubted. He offers a very different perspective on teambuilding which makes him so enjoyable to watch. Good luck to both of you, I'm eager to watch it

FLCL vs Ojama : In BW, Ojama has a certain advantage. Pretty unpredictable, unfair guy to prepare and solid overall. I just feel like his experience in BW will do the game. To be honest, I didn't know FLCL was playing BW and the only game I saw from him was in Smogon Tour. It was quite disappointing in terms of teambuilding. Nevertheless, it's unfair to judge from a single game so I hope that he can prove me wrong in incoming games. I will try to catch that one too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)