LC Fennekin

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon

**artwork is mine**

[OVERVIEW]
Fennekin can utilize Magician to make Solar Beam with Power Herb a viable coverage option. However, its stats are so low that it's outsped by most offensive Pokemon, not strong enough to KO neutral foes, and unable to take even neutral hits. Fennekin is always an inferior choice over Ponyta thanks to the latter's much higher stats and better movepool overall.

[SET]
name: Magician
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Solar Beam
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Will-O-Wisp
item: Power Herb
ability: Magician
nature: Timid
evs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 180 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Fennekin can attempt to catch Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Staryu, Onix, and Mudbray with a super effective Power Herb-boosted Solar Beam and is best run on Sticky Web teams. But, this set is still outclassed by Grassium Z Ponyta because it is stronger, faster, bulkier, and has better options to aid in a late-game sweep such as Flame Charge and Hypnosis.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[JustoonSmitts, 239732]]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Fiend, 208173]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073]]

Attachments

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
This is far, far too long, three sentences max. Hit the points that Fennekin can utilize Magician to have Power Herb Solar Beam be a viable coverage option, that its stats are low so it's outsped by most offensive Pokemon as well as not being strong enough to get neutral KOs along with poor bulk, then finally explain that Ponyta is a much better choice.

[SET]
Cut HP Ground, just Wisp here. 36 HP / 36 Def / 180 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe EVs accordingly, unless you have a particular matchup that 116 Def matters for.

[SET COMMENTS]
Too much detail in the first sentence, shorten it and remove the commentary about this being Fennekin's only viable set. Mention that Ponyta can run Grassium Z with Solarbeam to also nail Rock- and Water-type answers.

[CREDITS]
good

The overview needs a fairly large overhaul, so I'm gonna hold off until you fix it. Tag me when you've done that so I can take another look.

JustoonSmitts

[OVERVIEW]
This is far, far too long, three sentences max. Hit the points that Fennekin can utilize Magician to have Power Herb Solar Beam be a viable coverage option, that its stats are low so it's outsped by most offensive Pokemon as well as not being strong enough to get neutral KOs along with poor bulk, then finally explain that Ponyta is a much better choice.

[SET]
Cut HP Ground, just Wisp here. 36 HP / 36 Def / 180 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe EVs accordingly, unless you have a particular matchup that 116 Def matters for.

[SET COMMENTS]
Too much detail in the first sentence, shorten it and remove the commentary about this being Fennekin's only viable set. Mention that Ponyta can run Grassium Z with Solarbeam to also nail Rock- and Water-type answers.

[CREDITS]
good

The overview needs a fairly large overhaul, so I'm gonna hold off until you fix it. Tag me when you've done that so I can take another look.
Made the changes, Merritt. Thank you.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Remove the image please.

[OVERVIEW]
This is fine

[SET]
good

[SET COMMENTS]
Make a mention in the first sentence that Fennekin does what you say on Webs teams, because honestly that's where I found it to work best (helps with the being outsped issue).

[CREDITS]
good

1/2

JustoonSmitts

Remove the image please.

[OVERVIEW]
This is fine

[SET]
good

[SET COMMENTS]
Make a mention in the first sentence that Fennekin does what you say on Webs teams, because honestly that's where I found it to work best (helps with the being outsped issue).

[CREDITS]
good

1/2
Did. Thank you, Merritt

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
remove add comment
[OVERVIEW]
Fenniken Fennekin can utilize Magician to make Solar Beam with Power Herb a viable coverage option. However, its stats are so low that it's outsped by most offensive Pokemon, it's is not strong enough to get neutral KOs, and it has poor bulk not allowing it to take even neutral hits. Fennekin is always an inferior choice over Ponyta thanks to the latter's much stronger higher stats and movepool overall.

[SET]

QC: 2/2
[Fiend, 208173]

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
you know my colors
[OVERVIEW]
Fennekin can utilize Magician to make Solar Beam with Power Herb a viable coverage option. However, its stats are so low that it's outsped by most offensive Pokemon, is not strong enough to get neutral KOs KO neutral foes, and has poor bulk not allowing it unable to take even neutral hits. Fennekin is always an inferior choice over Ponyta thanks to the latter's much higher stats and better movepool overall.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Fennekin can attempt to catch Fire resists Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Staryu, Onix, or and Mudbray with a super effective(RH) Power Herb-boosted Solar Beam that is fully charged with Power Herb and is best run on Sticky Web teams. But,(AC) this set is still outclassed by Grassium Z Ponyta because it is stronger, faster, bulkier, and it has better options to aid in a late-game(AH) sweep such as Flame Charge and Hypnosis.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Fiend, 208173] ]

gp 1/1 once implemented

JustoonSmitts

you know my colors
[OVERVIEW]
Fennekin can utilize Magician to make Solar Beam with Power Herb a viable coverage option. However, its stats are so low that it's outsped by most offensive Pokemon, not strong enough to KO neutral foes, and unable to take even neutral hits. Fennekin is always an inferior choice over Ponyta thanks to the latter's much higher stats and better movepool overall.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Fennekin can attempt to catch Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Staryu, Onix, and Mudbray with a super effective Power Herb-boosted Solar Beam and is best run on Sticky Web teams. But, this set is still outclassed by Grassium Z Ponyta because it is stronger, faster, bulkier, and has better options to aid in a late-game sweep such as Flame Charge and Hypnosis.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Merritt, 213064], [Fiend, 208173] ]

gp 1/1 once implemented
Again, you're a saint Rabia. Ready to upload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)