Metagame Godly Gift

heres a team that I like to use. I chose necrozma dusk mane. first of all it is a solid mon and is very unpredicable, aswell. it is many possible sets. this means, you can also adjust to your own preference. the second reason is, it probably offers the best stats. This is because it obviously has many stats in the first place, but the "low" speed means, that the other stats are even greater.

talon flame and its galewings are super fun with the huge amounts of atk. And after 1 flame charge it outspeeds almost everything anyway. serperior and contrary mkaes greate use of the spa boost.

rotom-w and the hp boost, def clef and spdef alomomola build the defensive core.

necrozma can fill anyrole that you want.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
This is the team I've been using and I've won my first five games. Be sure to let me know if I can make any improvements or changes.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Celebrate
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot
- Thunderbolt

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Defog

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

This is the team I've been using and I've won my first five games. Be sure to let me know if I can make any improvements or changes.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Celebrate
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot
- Thunderbolt

Arceus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Defog

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
You probably want to swap ninjask and fini around. now 'jask is inheriting HP and fini Attack.

First, Pigeons has joined the Council!
In addition, we have updated the VR, however we may have missed some outdated stuff so if you find any then please post the noms!
So some people have questioned some mons' presence in the metagame, this post basically is to go through these mons and "analyze" them.

Shuckle:
Shuckle has been viewed as problematic by some people due to being able to inherit a high hp stat to increase its bulk substantially. This makes it very difficult to take out, especially when most Ubers have >= 100 HP. However, in my opinion, Shuckle is not a problematic mon in this metagame.
1. It is very passive, 10 offenses are not doing any significant damage, this means it relies on Toxic and Infestation to be able to do damage along with Encore to deter setup if you predict correctly. This makes it extremely predictable due to players knowing what moves they need to watch out for. Notably, Substitute shuts down Shuckle completely, as well as mons like Gliscor and Mega Diancie. In addition, Taunt completely shuts down Shuckle, as it can only use Infestation or Knock Off, which isn't very threatening (Crobat for example Roosts off damage and doesn't care too much about Knock).
2. 4MSS, while a lot of other mons have 4mss while being very viable (such as Waterceus with Judg/Beam/Recover/Toxic/Defog/Wisp) but Shuckle will lose to very threatening mons without some attacking moves or losing out on utility or losing out on recovery. It wants SR/Webs/Infest/Toxic/Knock/Rest/Encore/(Shell Smash). It should always have SR and Toxic, and Webs on offensive teams. If no Infestation it lacks anyway to damage Magic Bouncers or Steels or Poison types. If no Knock it cannot annoy mons by removing item (loss of utility). If no Rest it gets chipped down easily. If no Encore it is pretty much setup bait.
3. Not great typing, it is weak to the common SR which when combined with its lack of reliable recovery (it usually doesn't want lefties over mental herb so even easier to chip). It is weak to water and steel which are fairly common. In addition, its resistances aren't very useful, Normal is not bad in this metagame but it isn't the most common type and they all have coverage anyways. Poison type is almost non-existent.
4. Competition in the HP slot. The HP slot is one of the most used slots, with many prominent Pokemon wanting to receive a higher HP stat, such as Ferrothorn, Magearna, Ditto, Mega Diancie, Rotom-W, and Gliscor. Many of these mons have advantages over Shuckle, such as a more useful ability, more reliable recovery, strong offensive presence, pivoting, and others like hazard removal.

PDon:
PDon is one of the best Gods, and a large part of this is its own viability (its stats are arguably worse than stuff in the A-tier like Kyu-W, Yveltal, Xerneas, and NDM). It is very difficult to wall with OU mons if your god cannot take it on well, and provides immense defensive utility. However, once again, in my opinion, Groudon isn't problematic and shouldn't be suspected.
1. Its stats aren't very good for donating purposes. Of Groudon's stats, the only really good ones are Attack and Defense, since the other stats are all 100 or 90, which are honestly pretty difficult to find suitable mons to receive (apart from speed). This makes the rest of the team possibly weaker than with other Gods.
2. It is easily chipped down. While it has pretty solid bulk overall it does suffer from a complete lack of recovery and susceptibility to status. While this can be argued that it is still phenomenal despite this (see Ubers) it definitely limits its potential. A lot of defensive mons running Toxic doesn't benefit it either. Once it gets chipped it can get revenge killed by either priority or just fast mons as its speed is pretty disappointing. Some mons even outspeed Rock Polish with a scarf.
3. Ground weakness is pretty big. EQ and EP are some of the most used coverage moves and Ground is also a very good STAB. This is more prevalent than Ubers. There are also much more Ground types such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, Nidoking, Gliscor, and Gastrodon. This is detrimental to it as not only is it threatened by Ground types but teams will definitely have durable counterplay to Ground types.
4. Depending on the moveset it can be walled by some fairly common mons. If it is running EdgeQuake then it has trouble breaking stuff like Skarm, Celesteela, and Gliscor. If it is running Fire Punch over Edge or Mixed RP it struggles against Latis, Mantine, Rotom-W, and Araquanid. While this is true for a lot of mons a lot of PDon's strength comes from its own breaking/sweeping potential and this definitely holds it back a little.
5. The Ubers that check it are fairly common. Ubers like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Supportceus, Both Giratina, Rayquaza, and even Yveltal sometimes are commonly seen as a God and this definitely impacts it. Other Gods like NDM, Lunala, Kyu-W, Mewtwo, Offensive Arceus pressure it quite a lot.
That being said, it is still an enormous threat and still difficult to handle on teams with Gods like Kyu-W, NDM, Xerneas, Ogre, etc.
after playing around 70 matches in the last week (i know, i know) i think you're looking the problem wrong.

nobody is using shuckle as a sweeper, atleast i hope not, and the way people are using it is either as a brick wall to turtle (hehe) their way to victory or as a hazard lead. the hazard leads damn near gurantees that hazard gets up. unless you're using magic bouncers it will either get up rocks, webs or both. you cant set up on it as you're either encored or poisoned giving your opponent the momentum.

the turtle set doesn't need offensive pressure as that's not how stall functions, with stall ur goal isn't to win rather make sure your opponent cant win and unless you're boosting up you're not getting through shuckle. we have already banned Chansey and Blissey so clearly being passive doesn't take away from a pokemons viability.
it only needs rest/toxic/infestation to function, the last move can be encore, rocks or knock off. that's not 4mss. shuckle only has 4mss when you're trying to combine multiple roles into one, if used correctly it can be devestating to face. a stall mon can't be viewed in a vacuum as the whole point of stall is making a team that doesn't die and that cover each others weaknesses. shuckle cant do much against poison and steel types, but 1) shuckle can 1v1 nidoking, muk, gengar, beedril, magnezone etc. with infestation and rest - most of these pokemon cant even reliably 3hko. 2) you have teammates for handling those handful of mons that shuckle cant 1v1 and that's the problem. shuckle is unhealthy because it's prescence nullifies so much of the metagame.

you're completely right about the competition for the hp slot though, being arguably the strongest stat you can gift there's a long list of pokemon who would also love to get an hp boost.

i would love a suspect test so we can see how the metagame functions without shuckle being the core the metagame revolves around. I'm not really sure about primal groudon, the other center of gravity alongside shuckle. i've seen decent arguments for suspect testing it but i will let those people speak for themselves :) certain mons can reliably

finally, i wanted to showcase some stats i think showcases shuckles astronomical bulk on stall teams (inherenting giratinas 150 HP). assume the set shuckle is using is the standard stall set, while the final move can be up to interpretation as I dont think it has any "standard" forth move on stall.

sp.def

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 168-198 (33.3 - 39.2%) -- 11.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 140-168 (27.7 - 33.3%) -- 85.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Kyurem-White Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 133-156 (26.3 - 30.9%) -- 5.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 175-207 (34.7 - 41%) -- 63.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola 150 Attack Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 228-268 (45.2 - 53.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko 150 Special Attack Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle in Electric Terrain: 142-168 (28.1 - 33.3%) -- 91.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 236-278 (46.8 - 55.1%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Splash Plate Arceus-Water Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 116-140 (23 - 27.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm 120 Special Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 231-273 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 180-212 (35.7 - 42%) -- 88.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle in Rain: 230-272 (45.6 - 53.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Kyogre-Primal Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle in Heavy Rain: 168-200 (33.3 - 39.6%) -- 21.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 212-252 (42 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 246-289 (48.8 - 57.3%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle in Psychic Terrain: 108-127 (21.4 - 25.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking 150 Special Attack Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 107-126 (21.2 - 25%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

phys. def

+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 236-278 (46.8 - 55.1%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola 150 Attack Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 184-217 (36.5 - 43%) -- 98.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 126-148 (25 - 29.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 174-205 (34.5 - 40.6%) -- 54.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 138-164 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- 60.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252+ Atk Technician Smeargle 150 Attack Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 230-272 (45.6 - 53.9%) -- approx. 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 212-252 (42 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 160-190 (31.7 - 37.6%) -- approx. 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

First, Pigeons has joined the Council!

PDon:
PDon is one of the best Gods, and a large part of this is its own viability (its stats are arguably worse than stuff in the A-tier like Kyu-W, Yveltal, Xerneas, and NDM). It is very difficult to wall with OU mons if your god cannot take it on well, and provides immense defensive utility. However, once again, in my opinion, Groudon isn't problematic and shouldn't be suspected.
1. Its stats aren't very good for donating purposes. Of Groudon's stats, the only really good ones are Attack and Defense, since the other stats are all 100 or 90, which are honestly pretty difficult to find suitable mons to receive (apart from speed). This makes the rest of the team possibly weaker than with other Gods.
2. It is easily chipped down. While it has pretty solid bulk overall it does suffer from a complete lack of recovery and susceptibility to status. While this can be argued that it is still phenomenal despite this (see Ubers) it definitely limits its potential. A lot of defensive mons running Toxic doesn't benefit it either. Once it gets chipped it can get revenge killed by either priority or just fast mons as its speed is pretty disappointing. Some mons even outspeed Rock Polish with a scarf.
3. Ground weakness is pretty big. EQ and EP are some of the most used coverage moves and Ground is also a very good STAB. This is more prevalent than Ubers. There are also much more Ground types such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, Nidoking, Gliscor, and Gastrodon. This is detrimental to it as not only is it threatened by Ground types but teams will definitely have durable counterplay to Ground types.
4. Depending on the moveset it can be walled by some fairly common mons. If it is running EdgeQuake then it has trouble breaking stuff like Skarm, Celesteela, and Gliscor. If it is running Fire Punch over Edge or Mixed RP it struggles against Latis, Mantine, Rotom-W, and Araquanid. While this is true for a lot of mons a lot of PDon's strength comes from its own breaking/sweeping potential and this definitely holds it back a little.
5. The Ubers that check it are fairly common. Ubers like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Supportceus, Both Giratina, Rayquaza, and even Yveltal sometimes are commonly seen as a God and this definitely impacts it. Other Gods like NDM, Lunala, Kyu-W, Mewtwo, Offensive Arceus pressure it quite a lot.
That being said, it is still an enormous threat and still difficult to handle on teams with Gods like Kyu-W, NDM, Xerneas, Ogre, etc.
This sounds a little too much like you're telling us how Pdon isn't unhealthy or broken because it can't run through teams every time on it's own. True as that may be, it gives such fantastic synergy to many types of teams that you have to consider the other five mons it will carry with it. About your talking points:

1. You're disregarding the fat HP stat as well as the fact that Pdon takes one of those ''bad'' slots on it's own. 90 spdef and speed are nothing to scoff at either when given to slower and specially weak mons such as Tyranitar (speed) or Kart (spdef).

2. Imagine getting a toxic on Pdon while it takes the turn to set up an SD, which is it's most common set due to it's breaking power. You have to wait multiple turns for that to rack up, do you not? Rocks also chip only 6% on first switch-in, and every time Pdon gets in on the play the opponent is at a losing position. You could also tell us which common priority RKO's pdon? E-killer gets only a 3HKO, and special priority doesn't exist in the meta.

3. Here's where teambuilding comes into play right? You don't have to give up your Pdon to said Ground-STAB users, since you do have 5 other mons on your team. Ground coverage is not all that powerful vs Pdon either (M-Diancie does around 70% max with EP for example, Rayq does around 50 with Quake). Since teams prep for Ground moves Pdon always runs another attack, which can usually be Fire Punch (more on the next part).

4. Did you run any calcs on these, or have you watched many games of others? After over 100 games myself I'm yet to run into a single Lati or Mantine, and taking a mega slot to run M-Latias to beat Pdon and not much else isnt all that enticing. Celesteela and Skarm lose to Fpunch as well for obvious reasons, while +2 FP 2HKOsa 120 HP Gliscor, while Gliscors EQ does absolutely pitiful damage. Those bulky Waters of yours have to run toxic to get any damage while being setup bait for SD sets. +2 FP 2HKOs all of them as well.

5. The gods themselves are basically the only thing that can do anything against Pdon, and that's only a set few of them too as you state yourself. Here's where we return again to the fact that you still have a team behind Pdon to deal with any potential Uber checks and counters.

Your focus seems to be too much on the fact that you CAN counter Pdon. What I want you to understand is that doing so limits your options massively and forces the meta into using the Gods that can check/counter it just so they don't insta-lose on team preview. There's no way Pdon doesn't deserve to be AT LEAST suspected very soon.

Last edited:
Some interesting mons that can be used in Godly Gift who aren't in the VR rn. After seeing Shedinja in the VR I think some of these mons might fit in the VR as well. (sets included are examples, not necessarily the best possible sets) (Also excuse me for my bad english):

Vikavolt (Speed)

Vikavolt can be an interesting mon to use in this tier. With 145 base SpA it already has wallbreaking potential but the only thing it lacked to really shine was speed. With Godly Gift, that is no longer a problem. Can be combined with the gods with at least 120 speed (arceus, mewtwo, deoxys, pheromosa for example)

Vikavolt @ Life Orb / Choice Specs / Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball / Thunderbolt

Calcs with neutral nature (timid) + life orb. Specs boosts by 50%, LO by 30% and Expert belt by 20% (if it's a super effective hit)

252 SpA Life Orb Vikavolt Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 244-291 (48.4 - 57.7%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (inherited HP stat from Giratina)
252 SpA Life Orb Vikavolt Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Alomomola: 265-315 (49.6 - 58.9%) -- 71.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (inherited SpD stat from Giratina)
252 SpA Life Orb Vikavolt Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 218-257 (52.4 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rocks Damage
252 SpA Life Orb Vikavolt Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 447-530 (88.6 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery (100% with stealth rock damage) (inherited HP stat from Giratina)
252 SpA Life Orb Vikavolt Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 237-281 (69.5 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with inherited speed so it doesn't affect the calc)
252 SpA Life Orb Vikavolt Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quagsire: 525-619 (104.1 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (inherited HP stat from Giratina)

Kommo-o (can inherit pretty much every stat except Defense, which is already base 125)

Couldn't find this fella in the viability rankings as well. Can fulfill many roles (defensive with drain punch, offensive on the special and phys side etc) and can inherit the stat fitting to your strategy. Kommo-o's stats are decent enough to fulfil any role. Watch out for fairies though!
Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z (Special Attack)
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z (Attack)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Dragon Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake / Poison Jab

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z (Speed)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales
- Poison Jab
- Flamethrower

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z / Leftovers (HP / Special Defense)
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Clanging Scales / Bulk Up
- Dragon Tail
- Drain Punch
- Taunt

Some other (possibly very niche) sets

Silvally @ Darkinium Z
Ability: RKS System
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Parting Shot
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Frustration
- Defog

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Sigilyph @ Leftovers / Flame orb / Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 4 SpA / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Cosmic Power / Calm mind / Psycho Shift
- Stored Power / Heat wave / Air Slash / Psyshock / Psychic

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball / Hex / Acid Armor
- Recover
- Toxic

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide / Dragon Dance

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / Psychic / Psyshock / Hidden Power Fire

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab / Ice Punch / Body Slam / Thunder punch / Anything else really

Honchkrow @ Life Orb / Choice Band / Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Pursuit / Sucker Punch
- Sucker Punch / Heat Wave

Gourgeist-Large @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect / Synthesis

Regigigas @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs / Wide Lens / Whatever
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire

I can probably think of more mons but it would probably go (even further) downhill from there (quality-wise)

Last edited:
This sounds a little too much like you're telling us how Pdon isn't unhealthy or broken because it can't run through teams every time on it's own. True as that may be, it gives such fantastic synergy to many types of teams that you have to consider the other five mons it will carry with it. About your talking points:

1. You're disregarding the fat HP stat as well as the fact that Pdon takes one of those ''bad'' slots on it's own. 90 spdef and speed are nothing to scoff at either when given to slower and specially weak mons such as Tyranitar (speed) or Kart (spdef).

2. Imagine getting a toxic on Pdon while it takes the turn to set up an SD, which is it's most common set due to it's breaking power. You have to wait multiple turns for that to rack up, do you not? Rocks also chip only 6% on first switch-in, and every time Pdon gets in on the play the opponent is at a losing position. You could also tell us which common priority RKO's pdon? E-killer gets only a 3HKO, and special priority doesn't exist in the meta.

3. Here's where teambuilding comes into play right? You don't have to give up your Pdon to said Ground-STAB users, since you do have 5 other mons on your team. Ground coverage is not all that powerful vs Pdon either (M-Diancie does around 70% max with EP for example, Rayq does around 50 with Quake). Since teams prep for Ground moves Pdon always runs another attack, which can usually be Fire Punch (more on the next part).

4. Did you run any calcs on these, or have you watched many games of others? After over 100 games myself I'm yet to run into a single Lati or Mantine, and taking a mega slot to run M-Latias to beat Pdon and not much else isnt all that enticing. Celesteela and Skarm lose to Fpunch as well for obvious reasons, while +2 FP 2HKOsa 120 HP Gliscor, while Gliscors EQ does absolutely pitiful damage. Those bulky Waters of yours have to run toxic to get any damage while being setup bait for SD sets. +2 FP 2HKOs all of them as well.

5. The gods themselves are basically the only thing that can do anything against Pdon, and that's only a set few of them too as you state yourself. Here's where we return again to the fact that you still have a team behind Pdon to deal with any potential Uber checks and counters.

Your focus seems to be too much on the fact that you CAN counter Pdon. What I want you to understand is that doing so limits your options massively and forces the meta into using the Gods that can check/counter it just so they don't insta-lose on team preview. There's no way Pdon doesn't deserve to be AT LEAST suspected very soon.
I agree. P-don is already a dominant force in the Ubers tier, and then ur facing 6 Uber mons (most of the time) instead of 1!
If you look at Groudon's stats (100/150(!)/140(!)/100/90/90), taking into account that don will prob take the SpD or Speed slot, this monster can give some seriously strong stats to its teammates. Slap 100 on shuckle, 150 on marowak alola, 140 on clefable, 100 to swellow/koko and 90 speed for mega ttar (all examples) and you got yourself a strong side with the truck that is called Groudon-Primal. And if a setup fodder is on the field when groudon gets sent out, it can just double dance and sweep with virtually nothing that can stop it outside of opposing Ubers. And to be honest, i havent seen lati or mantine on ladder either, and i'm on 42 matches as of this post.

Cant stop this thing at +2
+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 427-504 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery (inherited HP from Giratina), also, why run fire punch if this kills too?
+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 349-412 (88.5 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery (Inherited defense from Giratina)
+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Shuckle: 220-259 (43.6 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (Inherited HP from Giratina)
+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 457-538 (85.5 - 100.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Landorus-Therian in Harsh Sunshine: 340-402 (67.4 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (inherited HP from Giratina)

And for the lati calc (with inherited 150 base HP)
+2 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega in Harsh Sunshine: 220-259 (43.6 - 51.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

These are just some calcs vs some of the strongest walls in the tier. Imagine what it can OHKO outside of these......

I foresee a suspect for P-Don.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
I made a very silly meme team for April Fools’ Day, and it managed to peak at eighth on the ladder (on the first day the meta was implemented so not actually too impressive lmao). I explicitly didn’t mean for this team to actually work, but it did surprisingly well (despite some obvious glaring weaknesses), including actually netting a win against the user who was at the top of the ladder at the time.

Here’s my absolutely degenerate Shuckle stall (does it count as stall? I mean it’s mostly stallmons but there are two very non-stally wallbreakers) team:
https://pokepast.es/95069604308eace8

The Shuckle itself is a fairly straightforward Shuckle lead—two hazards, Toxic, and Encore in case the opponent tries anything funny, plus Mental Herb to counter the extremely obvious Taunts that people tend to throw at Shuckle. The EV spread is meant to maximize overall bulk rather than focusing on a specific defensive stat. Minimum Speed is used to let Shuckle “out-slow” and Encore other Shuckles, who never seem to run Mental Herb for some reason.

Alakazam and Kartana are the special and physical wallbreakers of the team, occupying the slots of the attacking stats they don’t use anyway. Either one can be used early in the game to punch holes in the opponent’s team to either weaken their offense to the point where they’re powerless against the stall portion of the team or take out anything threatening the other sweeper. They can also be used more traditionally as late-game cleaners. Alakazam is notable for outspeeding and heavily damaging s lot of the meta’s offensive threats, including its ability to OHKO Swellow. Psychic is used over Psyshock because Chansey and Blissey aren’t around to worry about. Kartana works better in the late game than in the early game, since it benefits heavily from both Alakazam (which outspeeds and kills basically anything that threatens Kartana offensively) and Sticky Web. If you can bring it in safely in the early game, though, it will still probably net at least one KO before going down. Fightinium Z is the best option for Kartana to take a chunk out of Magearna and other bulky things that resist Leaf Blade and don’t die to one of the other two moves. All in all, fairly standard sets, nothing to write home about.

Ferrothorn occupies the Speed slot. It’s a good switch-in in attacks that make contact, of course, and it can set up a potent hazard of its own. Leech Seed works well against bulky offense and stall, especially in this meta of ludicrous HP stats. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokémon that threaten Alakazam and/or Kartana, allowing them to sweep more easily. With Shuckle’s Speed and minimum investments, Gyro Ball will be at max power most of the time, even after a Thunder Wave; this is useful against fast and relatively frail opponents, especially Mega Diancie if you can bait the opponent into switching it in on a predicted Spikes or Thunder Wave.

And now we come to the terrifying defensive walls of the team. Snorlax has 160/230/110 bulk, which is just altogether too much bulk for one Pokémon to have in my opinion. I’ve run some calculations to show just how ridiculous 230 Defense is on something with this much HP:

+2 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz (120 Atk) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Snorlax: 157-186 (29.9 - 35.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+4 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough (120 Atk) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 188-224 (35.8 - 42.7%) -- 95.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 218-258 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 274-324 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (yes I know Huge Power is banned, this is an example)

+4 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 318-375 (60.6 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-X Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 404-476 (77 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 436-516 (83.2 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You read that correctly—Close Combat from a Mega Lucario, the strongest physical hit in the game (within reason), cannot OHKO this Snorlax even after a Swords Dance, and that’s before the Stockpile boosts. 160/110 special bulk is nothing to sneeze at either. Once this monster is fully stockpiled, there’s almost nothing that beats it physically (all I can think of are some of the stronger hits on that list and Sacred Sword Kartana). Unfortunately, it has a crippling weakness to Taunt. Whirlpool helps it deal with Poison and Steel types, as well as dealing even more passive damage and trapping opponents so they can’t reset Toxic damage and have to stay in and die. I use Whirlpool over Block because Block doesn’t go through Magic Bounce and is disabled by Taunt. Rest is Snorlax’s only reliable recovery (because Game Freak refuses to give Slack Off to a Pokémon that canonically does nothing besides slacking off), and it gets rid of Toxic as a bonus, allowing Snorlax to run Thick Fat instead of Immunity. It’s also useful in PP-stalling wars, since it burns two extra turns.

Guzzlord is, somehow, even more of a monster than Snorlax. It’s substantially weaker in the physical defense department than Snorlax is in Sp. Def, but it boasts 223/230 special bulk, more than Blissey or even Eviolite Chansey by a decent amount. I’ve once again run the numbers, and they really do showcase how absolutely obscene this Guzzlord is:

252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst (170 SpA) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 162-192 (24.9 - 29.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Kyurem-White Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 283-338 (43.5 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Lucario-Mega Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 284-336 (43.6 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 300-354 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 352-420 (54.1 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 364-432 (56 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 540-640 (83 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I didn’t think there was any way that Guzzlord could survive any Fairy move, but it turns out that when you’re as close to the upper bound of special bulk as you can possibly be in Godly Gift, things like double weaknesses become a lot less daunting, and regular weaknesses just kind of lose meaning altogether. I considered making this an offensive set and slapping an Assault Vest on it for giggles, but I decided to just go for the scummy Stockpile RestTalk say instead. It loses to Taunt, but so does the whole team honestly, so whatever I guess.

On the whole, the team has some pretty obvious flaws (no hazard removal, four extremely passive momentum-gobbling Pokémon, nothing that can withstand the absolute strongest physical Fighting moves, crippling weakness to Koko/Hawlucha core due to Electric Terrain preventing Snorlax from recovering and nothing else even coming close to dealing with Hawlucha), but I like to think it’s not that bad for a hastily-thrown-together April Fools’ joke. I’m looking forward to seeing where this meta goes over the course of the month.

I'd like to suggest a Sample Team.
Playing in the tier, I realized that they are not using many responses to Xerneas; so I thought I'd build something around her to have that advantage.

Xerneas Balance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Discharge

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Sludge Wave

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Xerneas is the late game sweeper of the team, after the enemies pokémon become weakened, you can raise the Geomancy + Power Herb and clear the opposing team. Due to its good bulk, sometimes you can raise Geomancy with some tranquility.

Rotom-Wash, inheriting the 126 HP Base of Xerneas, has the function of dealing with steel types that hit the physical side through Foul Play and / or Will-o-Wisp.

Zapdos, in addition to having defog for hazzard control, has 95 Xerneas Defense Base, allowing him to invest more in Spcial Defense, particularly against Tapu Koko. Besides being a good answer for Hawlucha and Kartana.

Landorus is a physical wall option that is inheriting 131 SpA Base from the Xerneas to hit by the special side on steel types.
Heatran, inheriting the 99 Speed Xerneas Base with 8 evstiment for outspeed Offensive Support Groundon, in addition to being another special wall of the team and Steath Rock Setter.

Mimikyu is a wallbreaker, inheriting the Atk 131 from the Xerneas and, depedendo of the situation, may have its paper exchanged with the Xerneas; where she weakens the opposing team so he can clean up later.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Can we organize a tournament for this metagame?

We still have enough time to host one and I think we could host it on a weekend, like in the OM Room on showdown.

I think we could gather 8-16 people. It would be a way to have many players at once and grow more interest in the metagame during this month, both during the day of the tournament on Pokémon showdown, and with more activity here in smogon.
—————
I like the teams posted above as it capitalized not just on moves, stats and abilities, but in typing as well. Seeing Heatran perfectly compliment Xerneas and your team really handle the weaknesses makes it an awesome build, and allows for people to swap out some Pokémon for others but keep the general idea the same, which goes to show how the synergy works even with tweaks here and there.
I'd like to suggest a Sample Team.
Playing in the tier, I realized that they are not using many responses to Xerneas; so I thought I'd build something around her to have that advantage.

Xerneas Balance
View attachment 169140View attachment 169141View attachment 169142View attachment 169143View attachment 169144View attachment 169145

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Discharge

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Sludge Wave

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Xerneas is the late game sweeper of the team, after the enemies pokémon become weakened, you can raise the Geomancy + Power Herb and clear the opposing team. Due to its good bulk, sometimes you can raise Geomancy with some tranquility.

Rotom-Wash, inheriting the 126 HP Base of Xerneas, has the function of dealing with steel types that hit the physical side through Foul Play and / or Will-o-Wisp.

Zapdos, in addition to having defog for hazzard control, has 95 Xerneas Defense Base, allowing him to invest more in Spcial Defense, particularly against Tapu Koko. Besides being a good answer for Hawlucha and Kartana.

Landorus is a physical wall option that is inheriting 131 SpA Base from the Xerneas to hit by the special side on steel types.
Heatran, inheriting the 99 Speed Xerneas Base with 8 evstiment for outspeed Offensive Support Groundon, in addition to being another special wall of the team and Steath Rock Setter.

Mimikyu is a wallbreaker, inheriting the Atk 131 from the Xerneas and, depedendo of the situation, may have its paper exchanged with the Xerneas; where she weakens the opposing team so he can clean up later.

Reactions: Ivi
Oh right alephgalactus I remember playing against that team, I only won because my curselax got paralyzed so it couldn't get toxiced, and then it was basically pp stall from there lol

Here's the replay for anyone who's interested, wouldn't say that I played well nor was my team good but hey it was only the first day :p

another reminder to bring taunt and a toxic immunity with recovery on every team!

Can we organize a tournament for this metagame?

We still have enough time to host one and I think we could host it on a weekend, like in the OM Room on showdown.

I think we could gather 8-16 people. It would be a way to have many players at once and grow more interest in the metagame during this month, both during the day of the tournament on Pokémon showdown, and with more activity here in smogon.
—————
I like the teams posted above as it capitalized not just on moves, stats and abilities, but in typing as well. Seeing Heatran perfectly compliment Xerneas and your team really handle the weaknesses makes it an awesome build, and allows for people to swap out some Pokémon for others but keep the general idea the same, which goes to show how the synergy works even with tweaks here and there.

Thanks for the compliment, and I accept the invitation to the tournament. Send me a message when they decide the date.

I just wanted someone to give me the verdict if this team becomes a Sample Team that will be in the initial part of the post.

Just starting to climb out of lower ladder, around 1320 i think. I think i got top 10 in gen 6 but i didn't realise how much i'd miss and need to catch up on with a few years absence.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Reflect (defog)

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance (earthquake)

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic (thunder wave)
- Recover

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass] (hurricane)
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog (stealth rock)
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off (superpower, bug bite)

God started off as rayquaza and the power was nice. Real offensive team. At the time the attack slot was that cancer fake/speed smeargle. That set was actually pretty effective but raquaza wasn't cutting it so he got the chop, and smeargle isn't powerful enough with 120 attack. he got replaced with marowak. Part of me wants lightning rod as a better stop for tapu coco but I haven't tested that enough yet and he doesn't have great longevity already.

For a while i ran defog on klefki and it works a treat, but it does get blocked by dark types and psychic terrain, so I've found reflect way better for dealing with basically everything. Azumarill, mimikyu, arcues etc. if you chose defog here you can run rocks on landorus. Water Arceus is specially defensive for mega camerupt, nidoking and rotom wash, they are important threats off the top of my head. I run knock off on scizor otherwise tapu lele ruins you, bug bite has fat power and actually deals slightly more than knock off to Pdon but its useless if you run into celesteela or doublade. At this point i wont bother to explain swellow other than moves. hp grass is for the rare rhyperior, hurricane is nice for tangrowth but boomburst makes short work of that thing anyway.

If people want calcs or replays i can get them, there aren't many ground breaking things in here, just a solid team, can always use advice though.

Thanks

Really want to take a moment to talk about the little bubble spider that makes a splash in the meta because Gamefreak thought that Water Bubble was a good idea. Giving this thing the power of gods turns it from a niche option to a devastating glass bazooka that, while requiring some good team support to make full use of, can utterly demolish teams.

Angry Araquanid @ Splash Plate / Leftovers / Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
Adamant / Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Sticky Web
- Toxic

Araquanid receiving an Attack stat donation from almost any Uber is a significant boon for its overall usefulness and utility. Liquidation is cranked up to crazy power alongside Water Bubble, easily 2HKOing some of the best blanket defensive tanks in the tier that don't share a Water resistance such as Clefable and potentially Skarmory depending on its donor. It should also be noted that Water Bubble also grants an additional resistance to Fire as well as a complete immunity to Burns, which means Will-o-Wisp does nothing to mitigate its damage output. Leech Life is a reliable STAB option that fully benefits from the healing it offers and additional coverage against Grass types such as Tangrowth that would otherwise trouble its Liquidation spamming. Sticky Web and Toxic offer vital utility that other options under Araquanid's belt cannot come close to. Sticky Web makes life for your team as well as Araquanid much easier by nerfing the opponent's Speed to a range that gives you the advantage. Toxic seems like a filler option on this set, but is almost mandatory for Araquanid to pressure matchups it would otherwise find difficult, including Primal Groudon, Giratina, Alomomola, Gastrodon, and Mantine to name a few, in addition to other raw defensive behemoths that could potentially hard-wall Araquanid normally, despite its sheer power.

Maximum Attack is self-explanatory for any Araquanid, but the other EVs are a bit more flexible. While it's typically preferred to maximize on its bulk, some Speed EVs can prove helpful especially with Sticky Web active. An Adamant Nature with a 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe spread lets Araquanid naturally outspeed uninvested Clefable as well as any uninvested Base 100 Speed Pokemon affected by Sticky Web. While Adamant is the obvious choice, running a Brave Nature is also acceptable for a dedicated Trick Room strategy. Item choice is also up to personal preference. Splash Plate boosts Liquidation even more to a point where some potential 3HKOs become 2HKOs. Leftovers is another option that gives Araquanid access to some additional passive recovery to help it stick around more. Waterium Z, in addition to making Araquanid resistant to Knock Off, gives it access to a surprise nuke option that can clean KO threats that it normally couldn't as well as score unexpected kills against typical switchins like Kartana. However, keep in mind this does require a Z-Crystal slot to effectively run.

Kyogre's Pool Partner @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpDef
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power (Ground)
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam / Giga Drain

This set is terrifying when partnered with Kyogre, granting it 150 Special Attack and Rain to further amp its Water STABs. Scald is the strongest Water move in Araquanid's possession and can net some chances to cripple opponents with burn while providing ludicrous damage outputs on its own. Hidden Power Ground is required for this set, as its Araquanid's only real answer against Primal Groudon, though not all hope is lost as it does score an easy 2HKO on the beast while it scrambles to 2HKO back without a Rock coverage move. Ice Beam offers appreciated coverage against the rampant Dragons that may try to come in on the little spider, especially the likes of Giratina. The last slot is generally a filler option to round out Araquanid's overall coverage. Signal Beam is Araquanid's best Bug STAB move that can deal consistent damage if Scald won't cut it or its other coverage options are suboptimal. However, Giga Drain can be run instead to fish for some open chances to recover some lost Hp as well as punishing Gastrodon for thinking it could wall you out. The nature and item should not need explanation, but it is possible to invest in some Speed to creep past other slower targets that you may want the jump on.

Hey, I like this OM. Here's my stupid Deo-S HO team: https://pokepast.es/feb664e5cf6d76ee

HP: Deoxys-Speed (God) - Deoxys-Speed has a pretty good matchup against Shuckle, and most leads in general. The only thing Shuckle can really do is Infestation you while you Taunt/Magic Coat in its face, Toxic it, or just get your own hazards up. Can also shut down setup sweepers with Taunt if they try to just lead with them and setup in your face.

Attack: Linoone (70 -> 95) - Hits significantly harder now.

Defense: Ash Greninja (67 -> 90) - Might be able to take a physical hit now. Maybe. Priority at the very least shouldn't be as much of a problem anymore.

Special Attack: Serperior (75 -> 95) - Hits significantly harder now, and pairs well with the rest of the team (especially Ash-Gren) with Glare.

Special Defense: Buzzwole (53 -> 90) - Now that Buzzwole actually has decent Special bulk, it can finally Bulk Up in thing's faces and generally just roll over teams. Some of the time. Honestly I just really wanted to use Buzzwole. Sue me.

Speed: Mega Garchomp (92 -> 180) - Now this is the Pokemon I had in mind while making this team. With base 170 attack and base 180 speed, Mega Garchomp outspeeds pretty much everything and nukes the absolute piss out of it, especially after a Swords Dance boost or two. Mega Camerupt would also be a good 'mon to put in this spot; Sheer Force Fire Blasts off of a base 145 Special Attack while being faster than pretty much every Scarfer worth using sounds terrifying. Make sure to Sub if you're up against a team with a Ditto, or you will probably get counter-swept.

Don't know if it's good, but it's definitely a ton of fun to play. Most of the time.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Hey, I like this OM. Here's my stupid Deo-S HO team: https://pokepast.es/feb664e5cf6d76ee

HP: Deoxys-Speed (God) - Deoxys-Speed has a pretty good matchup against Shuckle, and most leads in general. The only thing Shuckle can really do is Infestation you while you Taunt/Magic Coat in its face, Toxic it, or just get your own hazards up. Can also shut down setup sweepers with Taunt if they try to just lead with them and setup in your face.

Attack: Linoone (70 -> 95) - Hits significantly harder now.

Defense: Ash Greninja (67 -> 90) - Might be able to take a physical hit now. Maybe. Priority at the very least shouldn't be as much of a problem anymore.

Special Attack: Serperior (75 -> 95) - Hits significantly harder now, and pairs well with the rest of the team (especially Ash-Gren) with Glare.

Special Defense: Buzzwole (53 -> 90) - Now that Buzzwole actually has decent Special bulk, it can finally Bulk Up in thing's faces and generally just roll over teams. Some of the time. Honestly I just really wanted to use Buzzwole. Sue me.

Speed: Mega Garchomp (92 -> 180) - Now this is the Pokemon I had in mind while making this team. With base 170 attack and base 180 speed, Mega Garchomp outspeeds pretty much everything and nukes the absolute piss out of it, especially after a Swords Dance boost or two. Mega Camerupt would also be a good 'mon to put in this spot; Sheer Force Fire Blasts off of a base 145 Special Attack while being faster than pretty much every Scarfer worth using sounds terrifying. Make sure to Sub if you're up against a team with a Ditto, or you will probably get counter-swept.

Don't know if it's good, but it's definitely a ton of fun to play. Most of the time.
Garchomp is nice, but I personally think Mega Heracross would fit even better in that slot with base 185 Attack. Unfortunately, this would also mean you’d have to replace Buzzwole to avoid having two Bug/Fighting types—maybe put something like Kartana or Stakataka there instead? Alternatively, if you want to keep Mega Garchomp, you could put Tyranitar in the Sp. Atk slot (I guess? There’s no real place to put it besides that, and it has a good special movepool if you want to use it as a lure or something) or maybe Hippowdon in the Sp. Def slot to summon sand and roll over opposing teams even harder.

Is the VR going to be updated soon? Having Shuckle in A+ or in the A tier at all is honestly a crime for how overused it is and how easy it is for any competent team to prepare for, not to mention its total inability to be offensive and only has a single role as a wall for tricky stuff like Swellow and setting hazards. I should probably stop even trying to get this to change.. but.. the VR is supposed to be only for battles between 2 competent players. Im gunna ignore the Crobat in A tier cus theres too much to unpack there lmao

Meanwhile, I think Smeargle should be used more for being literally impossible to prepare for- Fakespeed obliterates a lot of teams, it has coverage to ohko anything that wants to switch in, breaks any sashes or defensive abilities with Bonemerang, and access to Spore and Shell Smash means defensive teams dont stand a chance. You can experiment with things like spore geomancy stored power sets too, if ur feeling crazy. But it fits into the attack slot on a ton of teams and definitely any team running webs (which is honestly way too many lol) should be abusing it. it should also be in A+ or S

edit: if you are interested in picking up smeargle the only 2 moves you should always run are espeed and bonemerang. then pick from 2 of the following: shell smash, fake out, sacred fire/vcreate (kill ferro, scizor), flame charge, fell stinger, sunsteel strike (kill unawares and mimikyu), spore, plasma fists (kills celesteela etc while also destroying common water physdef walls like alomomola, sucker punch (destroys maro-a) explosion (put an irreparable hole in stall), stealth rock, belly drum, spikes, trick (pair with choice band), defog, baneful bunker (makes you scarf ditto/mega lopunny immune) aromatherapy.. im not joking when i say you can literally pick 2 moves from this list at random and youll win games w smeargle reliably

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the compliment, and I accept the invitation to the tournament. Send me a message when they decide the date.

I just wanted someone to give me the verdict if this team becomes a Sample Team that will be in the initial part of the post.
For now, we already have 2 players, including yourself, so if we can get at least 6 more - we can have a tournament!

If anyone is interested just PM me by this Friday! Please mention your time zone, it will make it easier to pair people up within a similar time zone!

Once we have 8 players, I would pair these people up via a large group message, so it doesn’t flood this thread.

Preliminary: First 8 players to show interest are assigned and paired up with by April 12 - This Friday.

Round 1 - Quarter-finals: The 8 players play their match with each other on/before Friday April 19.

Round 2 - Semi-finals: 4 remaining players play their match on/before Friday April 26.

Round 3 - Finals: 2 remaining players play their match on/before Tuesday April 30th.

The winner would be declared here and replays would be posted (after the tournament - to avoid people scouting your team),

This would be a great way for people to see different strategies on how the metagame can be played in a variety of ways.
In fact, each team can adjust in a match with the same Pokémon, by simply switching the order of your teammates.

*If 9 - 15 people show interest, the extras can be used as Substitutes, if 16 people show interest then we can make the Preliminary a Round 0 and still finish before the month is gone!

Last edited:

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Here's a webs team that brought me to the top 10

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Encore

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Eruption

Shuckle is the webs setter here, additionally providing Stealth Rock and it has the ability to set up hazards multiple times unlike Smeargle.

Mimikyu occupies the attack slot here, providing enormous wallbreaking potential, unmatched blanket checking prowess and spinblocking. Also outspeeds almost anything under webs so it's a natural fit in this team.

The humongous defense slot obviously goes to Queen Clef, since I didn't want to waste that good of a defense on something else. Clefable is a great wincon here and does not necessarily need webs, so she proves to be handy in situations where you have to sacrifice your webs.

Every webs team needs a defog deterrant and Serperior fills that slot here. God forbid you defog on this and if you do it anyway, be prepared to tear every single hair out of your head. 100 SpA is decent and can quickly turn Serperior into a snowball. Serperior also immensely helps against opposing webs, since it'll get a speed raise instead of a speed drop.

Kartana seizes the SpD spot, making it bulky enough to set up a Sword's Dance or two in combination with its good defensive typing. Fight-Z is used as the item of choice in order to OHKO Yveltal, Dusk Necro and other fat stuff after a boost, in order to prevent them forcing out Kartana in situations where it just wants to 6-0 the foe's team. There aren't many that can claim to be scarier than Kartana under Webs.

And the last slot goes to GOAT Groudon, which provides deadly, unwallable, mixed coverage in order to shred almost anything into pieces. Spe Evs are to outspeed MMY after webs.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I am posting here just so there is an update people will see. So far we have 4 people! Just need 4 more for an 8-man tournament. With 1 week timeframes to play the games, there should be enough time to schedule with an opponent.

PM me so you can register! If you want to submit yourself as a substitute that will also be fine.
————
Good posts on the teams I have been seeing lately.
The great thing I like about this Metagame is that we see explanations in detail about how and why you chose specific Pokémon for inheriting a specific stat from a specific God.

In most metagames it’s a simple “pretty self-explanatory”, but in this metagame you see that everything has a reason for where it fits on your team, which gives it a sense of purpose.

I’m so happy for how you guys are really focusing on good posts!

Not even OU players write such well written and eloquent posts. You can see them for yourself.

Our games can be customizable at the drop of a hat!

Ok so for the Godly Gift OM, Zygarde-Complete is banned which I find dumb.
When it's put in the team-builder, it says "your team contains The combination of Uber ++Power Construct"
Please either unban it or explain why it is banned, thanks
Thts probably because zygarde 50 is now uber and so is zygarde complete, so they both count as ubers and its a coding mistake- you can probably use it with zydog as the base mon(?)

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Ok so for the Godly Gift OM, Zygarde-Complete is banned which I find dumb.
When it's put in the team-builder, it says "your team contains The combination of Uber ++Power Construct"
Please either unban it or explain why it is banned, thanks
Yeah this is kind of strange, but either way, Zygarde as a god would only be giving its base forme's stats. Doesn't seem very good.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yeah this is kind of strange, but either way, Zygarde as a god would only be giving its base forme's stats. Doesn't seem very good.
I guess if you had the 10% form, and put it in the Def or SpD, slot then when it transforms it could have the Defenses. But too situational to get it to the ability activation.

At that point, just use a Eviolite Munchlax, plus 1 fighting weakness, and 1 immunity and 2 resistances with Thick Fat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)