Smogon Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing

I made a Memory Game level called Memory Game Level 1. Code: 6FG-ML5-71H
Also a Sky Level called High Hopes. Code: QK2-2XP-MYG
Oh and an Autoscoller called Cat Out of Hell. Code: NNJ-L1X-W2G

Would really appreciate some feedback.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry, I havent updated this thread because ironically Ive been playing too much Mario Maker lol...

Anyways, I think I'm just gonna put Creator IDs in here for now. If you put those in, you get ALL the levels that person has made! For example, mine is 23T-F50-SWG. You can find your course ID in your maker overview page. I'll add people's when I get home tonight!

BTW, I uploaded a new course myself that I worked on since before the game even came out, I call it Plumbing Pandemonium! It's based around draining water and unclogging pipes. ID is 21W-GKN-KXF.

Also, before anyone wonders: its not a story level. I've already uploaded 3 of those, play one of those instead, because my next story level may take a while to build :P

Last edited:
Reactions: BP

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
VMN-WGD-3VG

Ice Caverns (SMW) - Like a mini zelda dungeon, fairly short but got a couple of puzzles, and a fun boss fight at end.

K8W-B35-C7G

Dinosaur Volcano (SMW) - more combat heavy puzzle level, head down into a volcano to the crater, where you fight two pixilated dinosaurs.

5Q5-235-1KF

Lakeside Mansion (NSMB-U) - another mini zelda dungeon like level, escape the mansion grounds, to travel deep into the lake, with two boss fights, one at the surface of the lake and one at the bottom.

Last edited:
My creator ID is DTS-DYH-41G. If you can clear the levels Memory Game Level 2 and/or Vine Nightmare I will clear one of your levels that hasn’t been cleared yet so it can be played in Endless Challenge.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My creator ID is DTS-DYH-41G. If you can clear the levels Memory Game Level 2 and/or Vine Nightmare I will clear one of your levels that hasn’t been cleared yet so it can be played in Endless Challenge.
I tried Memory Game Level 2, but there are some big issues with it, and I'd advise fixing them and re-uploading.
  • The "tunnels" are too narrow, causing you to jump into the wrong one even if you know which one to jump into.
  • The auto-scroll is way too fast. You already have one-way panels to block people from guessing and re-entering.
  • There's no clear indicator of which path to take after you clear the first part.
If you fix some of these, I'll try again.

Vine Nightmare had similar problems in that there is no indication that certain things are going to be in your path until you die to them. The window for moving up at the very beginning to avoid the first row of spikes is also unnecessarily small, causing a lot of deaths right at the beginning, which will turn people off your level.

tl;dr: There are certain aspects of both levels that make them feel "unfair" and cause frustration.

Last edited:
I tried Memory Game Level 2, but there are some big issues with it, and I'd advise fixing them and re-uploading.
  • The "tunnels" are too narrow, causing you to jump into the wrong one even if you know which one to jump into.
  • The auto-scroll is way too fast. You already have one-way panels to block people from guessing and re-entering.
  • There's no clear indicator of which path to take after you clear the first part.
If you fix some of these, I'll try again.

Vine Nightmare had similar problems in that there is no indication that certain things are going to be in your path until you die to them. The window for moving up at the very beginning to avoid the first row of spikes is also unnecessarily small, causing a lot of deaths right at the beginning, which will turn people off your level.

tl;dr: There are certain aspects of both levels that make them feel "unfair" and cause frustration.
Thanks for the feedback, will delete and rework both levels.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Almost everyone's maker ID has now been added to the OP! If you want to play any of their levels, just input their code, and the game gives you all their levels to play! Also, keeps the size down as we upload more levels.

While I was adding Makers codes, I played one of every level for each maker I added if you didn't have your Makers ID here! The feedback is below, so skip to after I talk about my levels if you want to get straight to your feedback!

Anyways, I actually have 5 levels uploaded, might as well talk about them in order of upload!

The Lakitu: A Tale Of Friendship: NPB-3CY-5QG

This level went sorta viral, at over 2k hearts thanks to Vinny from Vinesauce playing and liking it! The idea is simple: A Lakitu helps you out, and at the end, you make a simple moral choice that effects the ending of the level. It's a pretty simple story level, but people seem to REALLY like it! I should note, there's a softlock near the begining that you sorta have to try to get (it involves the P-Switch). I was gonna reuppload, but people told me to keep it because the comments have turned it into a weird meme zone lol

Goombas:A Hero's Tale Of Madness: 9TP-2TH-BHF

this is a remake of a level I made in the first game that went REALLY viral (as in, 2.5 million views on youtube viral wtf). Since there's no amiibo costume, it isn't quite the same level though. The idea is that it takes place directly after Super Mario Brothers, where your player realizes that maybe Princess Peach wasn't the good guy... Anyways, for those that played the Wii U original, I've added an entirely new section that takes advantage of Mario Maker 1 stuff, and the theming is different this time too!

The Yoshis: A Tale Of Alliances: TFH-LVS-NJF

This one took a LOT of work, though it isn't all that popular sadly. The story idea here is that pair of yoshi soulmates find Bowser's last hideout, and they're helping you infilitrate it! You'll need their help to beat some pretty annoying boss battles (sorry about that, I made them annoying since I didn't want them to easily kill you lol). Of course, things don't go as planned, and there's a twist to the story that people seem to really like lol.

Like the Lakitu, there are 2 endings, but this one is a bit of a skill check. Getting the good ending is the only part of the level that requires running, as you must...

[SPOIILER]Do a running jump from the spinny shells instead of doing a final betryal jump, and reach a side thwomp, that takes you to the TRUE FINAL BOSS![/SPOILER]

Super Mario Bros 2 USA 1-1 Remix: SN7-LYT-92G

This was made for a competition in a Mario discord, where we had to remix a classic Mario level. Idea here is that Bowser has invaded subcon! I replaced the vegetables with red pow blocks (as this is the 3D World style), and implemented subspace via a vertical subarea. This level was designed with 2 playstyles in mind: A leaisurely one where you get the big coins (where the Ace coins in Super Mario Advance used to be), or a speed-run focused one where you must use Builder Mario to get a certain power-up, and use that to speed run through the final area!

This one was a lot of fun to build. Also, note that this implemts both SMB2 AND Super Mario Advance's exclusive rooms. See what references you can spot out!

Plumbing Pandemonium! : 21W-GKN-KXF

I posted this one earlier in the thread, but let me expain it some more. Basically, this level duplicates the level design in its sub area to create the illution that you are changing the water level. You solve light levels and go through mini obstacle courses as you change the water level, which dramatically changes the way you play the room. Water also effects other things, such as making blocks float, and ice melting or solidifying depending on the room.

DO NOTE however: I designed this to be a cousre that has difficulty spikes at each checkpoint! Don't get discouraged at the last checkpoint, because you're near the end with that part!

Anyways, heres feedback on a ton of levels I played while I was adding Maker Codes to the OP!

NOVED rofl that was a great concept, got a heart from me. I think this is a good way to approach clear conditions: make a short, simple level around a silly gimmick.

xfix that Celesete level was pretty damn good! Didn't try the B-side yet, but I like it, probably my 2nd favorite cat mario level I've played yet! I liked how you used pipes + bricks to serve as mini checkpoints especially.

Estarossa : i think you make good use of the ahmibious nature of the forrest theme in Pirhana Water Park. I probably would have made those last set of spikes a bit shorter so people can more easily retain their mushroom, and maybe put in a checkpoint before the red coins too. I like the idea of your boss, but I think it could have used some boss music, and the bob=ombs spawning from the top made it a bit easy. I would have personally used a switch block to get down, providied a mushroom at the checkpoint and force you to use those on/off switches you put on the side. Still, I had fun with it!

Sr. Villarreal I'd highly reccomend you remove the veruses tag from Fiery Hazards. Unfortunately, rising level doesn't reset until everyone dies, so if 2 people make it far but die, they're screwed and can't even enter the pipe. Snake blocks don't respawn for a while either, it really sucks Nintendo didn't take those account for multiplayer. Also, for your snake block checkpoint, note that you can skip most of it if you do a running jump to the skull platform. Also, for future ref, you can put boss music onto enemies so it stays activated.

Otherwise though, I like how you used the firebars in creative ways, so I ennoyed the level overall!

teal6 I couldn't find your level. Give me your maker code when you can!

Stealthbomber16 your level idea is good at inciting paranoia, with the short time limit and the pirhana creepers! I'd consider expanding this idea a bit more however. I'd also reccomend removing the versues multiplayer tag, since if time runs out, it boots EVERYONE out of the level!

Magcargo you chose a great NSMBU course to be inspired from, and I really like your twist on it! In particular, you made a great use of see-saws in the vertical area, where running through them with stars and mid-air twirls felt very satisfying. Great job!

Lady Bug your level is certainly for the hardcore Mario player... good thing I'm one of those! I think you made mostly good use of the pow block, though I imagine a LOT of people are not going to get the 3rd pow block on their first try, since it requires use of the 2nd pow block, so that could be an issue for people who find this in say, expert or super expert. Also, not sure if you were intending this, but I held onto the 3rd pow block until your goomba + muncher section, murdered the muncher with it, and basically cheesed the section. Remember, you can enter doors with items!

Broken Phobias I actually find your forest level pretty easy to cheese. Mainly because I just re-enter doors after I beat the bosses, and was able to quickly finish the level after I got the keys, not sure if that was your intenion. I'd reccomend placing the exit doors in mid-air if you dont want people to re-enter them!

The Mawile Ace : I played A Mission for a Friend. Cute level set up, and while I do like your thowmp puzzle, note that the fall away platform may be make things frustrating for some players since it's a one chance thing. Maybe a platform on tracks would work better for that part. Otherwise, had some fun with it!

Martin Note your level commits whats generally considered a cardnial sin in Mario design: leaps of faith. I see you tried to avoid that with the coin lines, but I don't think you quite went far enough. Also, after the initial koopa sectioning before the pipe, note that there's an easy cheese where you can wall jump off the ceiling platform and skip the entire koopa section. I think I also skipped the majority of the last part by doing a running jump + mid-air spins, so be careful of that when designing NSMBU levels!

MAMP Your Desert speedrun was a nice twist on the usual stuff, I liked your P-switch mechinisms! Note that you can possibly cheese things a bit by wearing a shelmet the first time (not the 2nd time rofl), but otherwise, that was a cool speedrun level!

hey Theorymon , sorry about that, i misread an S as a 5 -_-

my maker code is 8N0-W2Q-D6G , please let me know if you have a chance to try some levels!

everything i've uploaded has been smb1 and fairly short at the moment - i tend to like shorter levels with a focus less on tech and more on platforming and tight jumps, but once i have more free time i think im gonna focus on making a fairly difficult smb1 kaizo-ish level. i'll aim for sub 1% clear rate so expect to be notified when the challenge is here!

I created another level called 3 Trials. The level is broken up into 3 parts: 1, a tough platforming section with ice physics. 2: mad dashing and 3: a boss rush. Hearing feedback on some of my other levels I did my best to ensure there were no cheap deaths. I've had 2 Likes so far and the level has been up for less than 24 hours, so hopefully it worked. Would still be good to hear some feedback.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I created another level called 3 Trials. The level is broken up into 3 parts: 1, a tough platforming section with ice physics. 2: mad dashing and 3: a boss rush. Hearing feedback on some of my other levels I did my best to ensure there were no cheap deaths. I've had 2 Likes so far and the level has been up for less than 24 hours, so hopefully it worked. Would still be good to hear some feedback.
Much better level this time! A couple critiques:
  • I actually died more than anything to missing the star at the end of the first section 2 part... sometimes it would just bounce to the left into the lava, and I'd have to kill myself to reset.
  • The timing for the P-switch wall jump part is perhaps too narrow. Even doing everything correctly, I still didn't make it to the end on time. I actually had to cheese this section by jumping out and collecting the coins to my right before activating the switch so I could just ignore the entire section.
  • You can cheese the Boom Boom part just by standing on top of the block that houses the mushroom and walking off on top of him. You then just jump back up and repeat.

New level: MYR-YLM_FRG

The gimmick of the level is avoiding the poisonous cheep-cheep. Tried to add a few secrets here as well.

Much better level this time! A couple critiques:
  • I actually died more than anything to missing the star at the end of the first section 2 part... sometimes it would just bounce to the left into the lava, and I'd have to kill myself to reset.
  • The timing for the P-switch wall jump part is perhaps too narrow. Even doing everything correctly, I still didn't make it to the end on time. I actually had to cheese this section by jumping out and collecting the coins to my right before activating the switch so I could just ignore the entire section.
  • You can cheese the Boom Boom part just by standing on top of the block that houses the mushroom and walking off on top of him. You then just jump back up and repeat.
Thanks for the feedback, have addressed the problems. I have put 2 one way walls on the section near the box with the star so it will never bounce into the lava. The P Switch Wall Jump section has been reworked, so you'll slide down the second part onto a small platform, where you then jump onto a snake block. The timing is more forgiving, though you still have to hurry. Lastly, I removed the item box from Boom Boom's room and have placed a single mushroom near the top of his room behind a one way wall that will roll down for you to grab if need be. I also fixed the final platform, making it a simple flat platform that Lakitus throw coins and extra lives onto. Good advice, as I've reuploaded it with the changes and it's now sitting at 6 likes.

I also tried making an autoplay level called Desert Ride (Auto Mario). I forgot that you could put Auto-Mario as a tag, hence why it's in the title as well.

So today I tried recreating Prince of Persia's first level in Mario Maker. I actually ran out of vertical space so the bottom rooms were replaced with bottomless pits, but almost everything else that could be replicated, is replicated. Including the "guard skip" trick.

1Q4-PRV-KWF

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I made my first ever Mario Maker level! :psywoke:
Code: FLP-L2F-JFF

Took several hours to upload and I had to lower the difficulty because I was getting bodied by my own level :psycry:

Maker ID: DFL-V07-BVG
Most of what I upload should be on the easy side.

Currently uploaded levels:
- 2FF-GB4-8PG: just a forest level
- 9DP-FC7-7YG: scratch the bullets to progress
- D1Y-4PK-1DG: underground fortress full of spikes, should be decently challenging

For future reference, I plan to remake several of my Mario Maker 1 levels (at the very least the original concepts).

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm making a bit of a "game." I'm 7 levels from reaching the level upload cap at the time of posting this. I'll edit as I add more levels!

Maker ID •
4LN-H32-J0H

1-1 : Super Bell Way • DPS-5K3-XRF
1-2 : In The Clouds • 1M8-NMS-2NF
1-3 : Rotten Fields at Night • MGH-1PF-KTF
1-4 : Dry Bully Tower • T9F-4PP-BHF
1-5 : Stingby Hive • 7NM-6RD-BJF
1-6 : On/Off Cave • 915-QJ9-QXG
1-7 : Hammer Time • YYS-YY9-C1G
1-8 : Jr.'s Seesaw Castle • WSX-4PT-GHG

2-1 : Pipe Desert • C6Y-10J-CWG
2-2 : Desolate Sands • 7NM-DV2-33G
2-3 : Tempestuous Dunes • XQR-2YH-8DF
2-4 : Clear Pipe Tower • V9Y-GN8-SFG
2-5 : Twister Sands • 6P2-FYG-T1H
2-6 : Dusty Claws • D44-PS4-0QG
2-7 : Overgrown Ghost House • 6C5-721-T4G
2-8 : Jr.'s Firebar Castle • S09-VXJ-3QG

3-1 : Chain Chomp Way • NN6-HB4-KFG
3-2 : Icicle Land • GW5-JLB-F2H
3-3 : Piranha Plant Glacier • DVH-M7S-HTF
3-4 : Grinder Tower • FL7-C0J-8HG
3-5 : Froze Over Cave • M1F-K77-NLF
3-6 : Icy Slide • WPC-JYK-SLG
3-7 : Chilly, Chili Yoshi! • C5K-9CF-YPG
3-8 : Jr.'s Crashing Castle • 5S6-X6V-52H

4-1 : Tricky Forest • PVY-KV0-W0H
4-2 : Big Small World • D1C-3F7-FVG

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)