SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Welp, I guess I'm a weirdo, because now that we got a better look at Cinderace and know it's (most likely) real... ...I like it even more. Not more than Rillaboom obviously, but it's a pretty close 2nd place for me. And who knows, maybe something similar to Intelleon will happen where once we get a look at it doing some actions or posing or whatever it'll look better. The only issue I have is Rabboot looks more like he wants to be the next hokage than a wannabe soccer player.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Punching octopus is made by Turner. Change my mind :P
Being he's the chief art director for Sword & Shield, it's not only a safe bet he personally drew up many of these designs but he also had to have a say in ALL of the designs. This could be why these designs feel so off for so many veteran Pokemon fans, James Turner has a certain art style to his Pokemon that I'm kind of seeing coming off all these designs. While certainly they were conceptualized and drew by other artists, Turner is the one giving the approval and so would give design suggestions & changes that would alter the designs (that would otherwise not make the Pokemon look like one of his) to making it look like one of his. "Make this part of the body more rounder". "Make the eyes more expressive". "Add a little body marking there". etc..

Last edited:
With the closer look I can see the football motif that was meant to be on Cinderace... but I can't avoid looking at it and remembering Loonatics (ugh)
*Googles* Why did you remind me that existed?!

Anyway, I don't think I'm going for the Fire starter this time around...nothing about it really screams Fire-type to me; could be different with animations, but...meh.

Ok now that we have nice cleaer looks and the bunnys, i can say i like it a lot. Looks really cool. Man the furry artist are goimg to have a field day this gen, and i look forward to it. Every mon i have seen have looked great though.

I do hope we get some info on the changing natures mechanics we got teased about in the game informer articles.

Last edited:
Rabboot may very well have one of the better middle-stage Pokemon designs, in my opinion. It's almost on par with Quilava and Grovyle, personally. Still on the fence about Cinderace, but it looks better here than the guide-book picture.

Gonna be a hard decision. I'm leaning towards Rillaboom, but I'm willing to give Cinderace and even Intelleon another chance once we see them moving.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm liking Cinderace a lot more after seeing the little details on it, but I feel kind of bad for it when looking at its hands. What happened to your fingers?
What is Rabiot Rabboot supposed to be, anyway? It suddenly looks more like a ninja than anything else.
The only thing it looks more like than a ninja is a mimiga from Cave Story. The ninja mimiga is adorable! <3

Purrzerker and Grimmsnarl are gonna join me to finally form a troll/ogre team, YES.

Orbeetle is a gem, hate its baby form, and the 1st stage looks like Eggman, but Orbeetle looks badass, we bug bois eating good this gen.

Coalossal is... wow. What a disappointment. You had the PERFECT chance to do a rock train, and you messed it up. I doubt there will ever be a chance to do something that hardcore ever again.

As for Scorbunny's evo... I just don't get the hype for it man. It's so... generic.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Before we get more leaks, I'd like to ask you all what you like the most thus far from everything, official reveals and leaks alike included.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
2. Favorite Galar Form/Evolution?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?

Here's mine:

1. I still love Corviknight for its design and now for its neat pre-evos, but Centiskorch and Grimmsnarl are def not far behind
2. Sirfetch'd is still the seductive king of cross-gen evos and Galarian Meowth is such a lovable dork who I wanna hug even if it feels rather bristly due to its Steel typing
3. Charizard and Centiskorch for looking badass for similar reasons and Garbodor for being cleverly designed and being a Garbodor form

Before we get more leaks, I'd like to ask you all what you like the most thus far from everything, official reveals and leaks alike included.

1. Favorite New Pokemon?
2. Favorite Galar Form/Evolution?
3, Favorite Gigantamax?
Love doing this, its interesting to see how different our opinions can be

1) Snom is my favourite pokemon line hands down. honourable mentions go to Centiskorch, Corvnight, and Eldegoss (and no im not kidding, i love fluffy grass types)

2) Easy Sirfetchd, but we didnt see that many so my opinion can change. Honourable mentions go to Stunfisk and Weezing

3) ... im not kidding when i say it but i like non of them, i suppose if i had to choose garbador is the most cool of them all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)