SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

So that earlier scorbunny picture turned out to be fanart.
1572827018782.png

This info came from 4chan, take it with a huge grain of salt as anyone could have made this up:
This implies that the game has been datamined. Trust nobody!

-----
After this revelation I'm more interested in some of these poketwitterers. Leakspokemon in particular has deleted some of his tweets after the ousting of "Pkmnleaks". I have archived his page text at the time, but it lacks images. https://archive.is/wHvgm
What I'd like to see is that "boss fight" mentioned, I think eternatus was in it but I didn't really pay it any mind at the time. Hopefully some poketuber has made a reaction video to it.

EDIT:
1572828092456.png

Quickly deleted but again I don't get these people. Twitterers all over the world are all copying whatever pops up, and these two are both accusing each other when they both have this private pool of leaks in common.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've been looking at Dragapult and... wouldn't it be funny if it had Parental Bond as an HA?

I mean, it's not alone in the models...
Parent of the year.

"Okay kids, while you're flying 100 mph at the targets face try to remember to also do 1/4th the damage I would do"

BTW, looks like the leaks are officially dead as now the two twitters that was posting the pics are arguing with each other who accidentally revealed the leaker's identity first.

Might as well jot down my opinions of the new mons.

Starters: Meh. Much like the gen 6+7 starters they don't strike me as great, but they'll probably grow on me when I see them in action. Still picking sobble. Mono-types are disapointing. Will need real help in the ability/movepool department.

Corvidudes: I like the progression. Squire is just knight without the armor.

Squirrels: Fat Squirrels.

Dubwool: Simple but effective. Was hoping for a third form as the champs secret ace, but oh well.

Beetles: Ridiculously cartoonish. Why is it psychic?

Fox: Foxes.

Bolthund: Lost its cuteness. The wide eyes resembling go-fast goggles is nice.

Milcery: Doesn't look like its even made of the same stuff as alcremie to me.

Chewtle: Looks like a rumble blast mon they forgot to return to normal proportions.

Centipedes: Preevo is adorable and Centiscorch is awesome. Curious how it will differentiate itself from Volcarona.

Hats: Yeesh, and I thought alcremie was bad. This one has a literal hourglass figure.

Barracudas: Fish. Mono-water fish are always boring, and this is not bucking the trend.

Snakes: Poor sandaconda is doomed to roll around in circles for the rest of its life. :(

Sinistea: Polteageist didn't strike me as needing a preevo, and this one is pretty boring. The extended pinkie is cute.

Coal: Gigantimax is badass, evolutions are disappointing.

Toxel: Cool lizard. Seems generic.

IMP: Not at all what I was expecting. Very cool. Hope its good.

Mothmon: Preevo is adorable. Frosmoth better not be just a Volcarona reskin.

Octopi: Arghonaut is cooler.

Meowth: Other than the coin, this is pretty original. Did not need to be a regional form.

Rapidash: Could they have made it a more generic pony?

Farfetched: HUGE LEEK

Corsola: Congrats on turning a boring cutemon into a terrifying monster. I like it.

Stunfisk is sick of your shit.

Mr. Mime: What? I'm gonna need some more information to figure this wierdo out.

Darmanitan: Simple but effective. Can this one go Zen-Mode too?

Stonjourner: Weird. Looks like it might have an evo?

Eternadus: Promising first impression, gonna need to see it in motion.

Dragopult: Fun concept and execution! Seems underwhelming for a pseudo.

Fossils: Cool concept, questionable execution. The green tail piece seems especially out of place.

Elephant: Reminds me of Mudsdale. That one didn't interest me either.

Apples: I'd like to see it in motion.

Indeedee: Another waifumon.

Definitely a mix in quality. Now to see their competitive implications.

So that earlier scorbunny picture turned out to be fanart.

This implies that the game has been datamined. Trust nobody!

-----
After this revelation I'm more interested in some of these poketwitterers. Leakspokemon in particular has deleted some of his tweets after the ousting of "Pkmnleaks". I have archived his page text at the time, but it lacks images. https://archive.is/wHvgm
What I'd like to see is that "boss fight" mentioned, I think eternatus was in it but I didn't really pay it any mind at the time. Hopefully some poketuber has made a reaction video to it.

EDIT: View attachment 203910
Quickly deleted but again I don't get these people. Twitterers all over the world are all copying whatever pops up, and these two are both accusing each other when they both have this private pool of leaks in common.
Where there's leaks, there's clout chasing. Idiots always trip over themselves for clout.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
You know what would be the perfect cherry on top of this chaos would be? If everything was fake! I like a lot of the stuff here, but not as much as watching the world burn.
Shitty drama aside, at least we got some breathing room now.

Remember when I asked y'all those 3 questions about your new fav mons, Galarian forms and Gigantamaxes? Well after this round of reveals, have any of those opinions changed for you?
I never answered the first time, but I thought about it.

New Pokemon: I want to stand by Corviknight, but I feel Eternatus staring at me. It's not trying to intimidate me, it just knows I'm a shameless sucker for edgy and eldritch things...

Galaran Form: Cursola. I'm also a sucker for awesome stuff that's supposed to be kind of disturbing.

Gigantamax: Coalossal. I feel like I should be ashamed of what this list says about me...

Honorable mention: I can't not mention Raboot. The ninja mimiga is cuter than Wooloo! (Bring it on Wooloo fans!)

Fav new mon: Frosmoth
Fav Galarian form: Corsola/Cursola
Fav Gigatamax: Butterfree

Still holding on to the hope that a few more Galarian forms/new mons will be revealed. My party is definitely going to be pastel themed based on my favorites of what has been revealed. Hoping that Frosmoth/Corsola won't be available too far in (like Alolan Ninetails last gen).

Fav new mon: Frosmoth
Fav Galarian form: Corsola/Cursola
Fav Gigatamax: Butterfree

Still holding on to the hope that a few more Galarian forms/new mons will be revealed. My party is definitely going to be pastel themed based on my favorites of what has been revealed. Hoping that Frosmoth/Corsola won't be available too far in (like Alolan Ninetails last gen).
I’m also holding on to hope XD

Ok wait, stop stop

look new pokemon are always great, but what are many of these new pokemon based on?

Pokemon have 5 type of inspirations for the most part; animals, plants, mythological creatures, (japanese) pop culture and natural formations

yes we all know the casual or not-even-familiar-with-the-franchise fan that claims that Chandelure and Vanilluxe are just "objects" but part of what makes pokemon interesting is that their origins are much deeper than that

and I'm not saying Gamefreak should limit themselves, but really a plane? a hat? such superficial inspirations make me sad for the franchise :(
They should instead just base Pokemon off things like Pokeballs, magnets, and purple rats like in the good ol' days.

fave dynamax: Lapras based off its G-Move, which seems to set up Aurora Veil (and seems to be Ice if that image is any indication). I know Lapras isn't exactly a paragon of power, but even if Gigantamax doesn't change stats beyond HP, Lapras is hella bulky, and an even beefier version with high BP attacks and the ability to set up auora veil and rain with them?! I think that sounds pretty scary!
That one caught my eye too. There's even less counterplay to it too since it isn't reliant on weather, and it's immune to taunt if it's a damaging attack.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So it has apparently been recently leaked that Grookey's mid evolution is called Thwackey, which fits in line with their whole schtick (THWACK! THWACK! THWACK!), and the Sobble mid evo is called Drizzile. We all know now that Scorbunny's mid evo is called Raboot, so unless anything comes out that contradicts this we likely have all the names of the Galar Starter lines out now.

Also worth noting is that the Electric / Poison dino's name is reportedly Toxel. More about its evolutionary line will allegedly be leaked soon, as will Hatterene's pre-evo.

Anyways, with that out of the way, for fun I'm going to look at all the generational patterns, and looking at all the leaked Pokemon so far, seeing which patterns some Pokemon fit so far:

Regional rodent/mammal (two-stage mammalian Normal-type):
- Raticate
- Furret
- Linoone
- Bibarel
- Watchog
- Diggersby
- Gumshoos
- Greedunt

Regional bird (Early game common Flying-type):
- Pidgeot
- Noctowl
- Swellow
- Pelipper
- Staraptor
- Unfezant
- Talonflame
- Toucannon
- Corviknight

Pikaclone:
- Pikachu (heh)
- (None for Gen 2 haha)
- Plusle/Minun
- Pachirisu
- Emolga
- Dedenne
- Togedemaru
- Morpeko

Fossils:
- Omastar/Kabutops/Aerodactyl
- Cradily/Armaldo
- Rampardos/Bastiodon
- Carracosta/Archeops
- Tyrantrum/Aurorus
- Dracozolt / Arctozolt / Dracovish / Arctovish

Pseudo-legendary:
- Dragonite
- Tyranitar
- Salamence
- Metagross
- Garchomp
- Hydreigon
- Goodra
- Kommo-o
- Dragapult

If I missed any generational patterns feel free to point them out, but so far these are the patterns and which new Pokemon fit the patterns so far. So far it would seem Greedunt and Corviknight are the regional mammal/bird in line with previous ones, and Morpeko is obviously the Pikaclone.
Updated this in the wake of recent leaks. Super unique how there are four separate fossil Pokemon this time around, even if two of each can basically be considered hot/cold counterparts of each other based on mix/match.

Dragapult looks super awesome, even if it looks kinda small. XD. Ghost / Dragon is a rad typing and I hope it ends up being a super good Pokemon. I would love if it ends up being the fastest pseudo and be a great special sweeper / revenge killer, looking forward to it!

OMG the pseudo legend is a fighter jet diplocaulus!!!!!!! That is freaking amazing! The number of bad designs was really starting to get to me but this helps me forgive them a lot.

Here are my thoughts on some pokemon I have strong opinions about (with a few older ones thrown in).

Frosmoth family
Centiscorch family (relieved we got some awesome bugs unlike Gen 6. Too bad they'll both be bad due to stealth rock)
New elephants
Galarian Darmanitan (he is hilarious)
Galarian Stunfisk
Sirfetch'd
Cramorant
Corviknight family
Arrokuda family
Dreepy family
Gigantamax Kingler

Galarian Corsola & Cursola
Flapple
Dubwool
Eternatus
Gigantamax Garbador
Galarian Zigzagoon & Linoone

Clobbopus family
Silicobra family
Grimmsnarl
Mix-and-match dragons/dinosaurs

Hattarene family
Alcremie
Rillaboom
Coalossal
Perserker
Bolthund
Blipbug family (especially Blipbug- which is basically identical to Scatterbug)
Stonjourner
Toxen
Obstagoon

Cinderace & Inteleon (way too fucking humanoid)
Greedunt (looks like a cereal box cartoon)
Duralodon (jesus christ that thing is so ugly I still can't get over it)
Galarian Rapidash (goddamnit they took a cool concept--horses with manes of fire!--and turned it into the same unoriginal magical unicorn trash drawn in every fairy tale storybook and princess backpack. So disappointing)

I would say in general that this is hands down the worst batch of starters we've ever received (for all three evolutionary stages), and they've had a higher than usual number of uninspired ideas, but some of the ones they got right are gems.

EDIT: Also did anyone else notice that the Charmander line comes right after the mix-and-match fossils in the pokedex? Could this mean that the bulbasaur family and maybe the squirtle family aren't in this game?

Last edited:
I get the concept. It's a great idea, but its poorly executed which results in very shit designs imo
Upon further inspection....I think we're missing a fossil. It might be the model, but Dracozolt looks like its lower body is way too disproportionate to belong to it. Arctovish looks way more put together, both proportionally and color-scheme wise. I'm hoping I'm wrong, or else we're getting another head and another body in Pokemon Gun.

They should instead just base Pokemon off things like Pokeballs, magnets, and purple rats like in the good ol' days.
Sorry dude, you're confusing me with someone else, I have no particular attachment towards nostalgia
what I have is an attachment to Pokemon designs having interesting origins behind their designs

Dragopult has delivered
Hatterene hasn't
Alcremie and Milcery might yet

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
This was a TON of stuff I had to put in, so please forgive and point out any inaccuracies uwu

Things to keep in mind since not everyone might be familiar with this:
-Galarian evolutions are counted as cross-gen evolutions.
-Some mons were already counted from the non-spoiler thread (eg it was already known mons like Alcremie, Corviknight and Drednaw would have pre-evos so I don't need to add those this time around)
-While not seen, Lunatone is counted since Solrock was seen in Pokedex photos
-Galarian forms do not have their bases and variants counted separately. They are counted as one Pokemon, listed under the number of regional variants for a generation.
-The number in parantheses are the increases from last update.
-There's been an error! Last update I calced Kalos home dex representation as 41%, but it's only 39 actually.

Kanto - 54 (48 original, 6 regional variants) (+5)
Johto - 32 (22 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions, 4 cross-gen pre-evolutions, 1 regional variant) (+1)
Hoenn - 35 (32 original, 2 regional variants, 1 cross-gen pre-evolution) (+2)
Sinnoh - 35 (21 original, 10 cross-gen evolutions, 4 cross-gen pre-evolutions) (+1)
Unova - 67 (64 original, 3 regional variants) (+3)
Kalos - 28 (27 original, 1 cross-gen evolution)
Alola - 31 (all original) (+3)
Galar - 79 (74 original, 5 cross-gen evolutions) (+49!!!)
Total - 360 (+64)

Percentages (Rounded down, nearest tenth for overall Galar Dex %)
Kanto - 35% of Kanto mons, 15% of Galar dex
Johto - 32% of Johto mons, 8.9% of Galar dex
Hoenn - 25% of Hoenn mons. 9.7% of Galar dex
Sinnoh - 32% of Sinnoh mons, 9.7% of Galar dex
Unova - 42% of Unova mons, 18.6% of Galar dex
Kalos - 39% of Kalos mons, 7.8% of Galar dex
Alola - 35% of Alola mons, 8.6% of Galar dex
Galar - 21.9% of Galar dex

With the Kalos error fixed up, Unova has a decisive lead for overall home dex representation. Unfortunately, its overall galar dex lead has been lost to Galar, which now has a 3.3% lead over even that region, as it should considering, well, it's the new Pokemon of this particular region. Kanto has accumulated a bigger lead over some of the remaining gens than last update but still not by too much, and it's still tied with Alola. And poor poor Hoenn, stuck below even the 30% representation threshold.

Assuming the regional dex stops at 400, there are 40 slots left. How high will the Galar pokemon count grow? Can Hoenn somehow catch up? Can the Kanto menace be warded off further? Find out on the next DEX UPDATE!!!!!!!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Upon further inspection....I think we're missing a fossil. It might be the model, but Dracozolt looks like its lower body is way too disproportionate to belong to it. Arctovish looks way more put together, both proportionally and color-scheme wise. I'm hoping I'm wrong, or else we're getting another head and another body in Pokemon Gun.
Looks like there's three fossils: Fish, Bird-Dino, & T-Rex. However it looks like Bird-Dino only has a top half and the T-Rex has only a bottom half. So we only have four combinations: Fish Complete, Fish/T-Rex, Bird-Dino/Fish, Bird-Dino/T-Rex. Had we also have the bottom part of the Bird-Dino and top part of the T-Rex we'd have 5 more dinos: Fish/Bird-Dino, Bird-Dino Complete, T-Rex Complete, T-Rex/Fish, T-Rex/Bird Dino.

How high will the Galar pokemon count grow? Can Hoenn somehow catch up? Can the Kanto menace be warded off? Find out on the next DEX UPDATE!!!!!!!
Next time: Galar Count Grows High! Kanto Warded Off & Hoenn Catchs Up!

Looks like there's three fossils: Fish, Bird-Dino, & T-Rex. However it looks like Bird-Dino only has a top half and the T-Rex has only a bottom half. So we only have four combinations: Fish Complete, Fish/T-Rex, Bird-Dino/Fish, Bird-Dino/T-Rex. Had we also have the bottom part of the Bird-Dino and top part of the T-Rex we'd have 5 more dinos: Fish/Bird-Dino, Bird-Dino Complete, T-Rex Complete, T-Rex/Fish, T-Rex/Bird Dino.
Which is the frustrating part. Both the dex slots above and below the fossil pokemon are already filled so that means that there's no place for the T-rex head and Bird-Dino body. Either the model looks really different animated or they are saving it for the sequel.

Wait, third possibility just dawned on me. Could T-rex head and Bird-Dino body be version exclusive with some of the parts from this game?

Shitty drama aside, at least we got some breathing room now.

Remember when I asked y'all those 3 questions about your new fav mons, Galarian forms and Gigantamaxes? Well after this round of reveals, have any of those opinions changed for you?
1. There is a LOT of good designs now but right now i have my eyes peeled on Flapple and whatever his final evo may be
2. Good god Cursola just came over and ripped out obstagoona heart. It reeks of amazing tragedy and its just bonechilling to look st, i fucking love it.
3. Still the same as before, Alcremie and Garbodor

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Wait, third possibility just dawned on me. Could T-rex head and Bird-Dino body be version exclusive with some of the parts from this game?
Intriguing idea... but that's usually not how the Pokedex works. Dex usually includes version exclusive Pokemon since another trainer could use it (and encourages players to trade to complete the Dex).

If I had to guess why they were excluded, maybe they felt the front of the T-Rex would look awkward on the Fish's and Bird-Dino's body and the Bird-Dino's body would look awkward with the Fish's and T-Rex's head.

Apparently, the leaker didn't get exposed, and it was all a joke? So, that means there is more to come.
[Link: ]
It wasn't a prank, there was a huge drama issue and no more leaks are coming because apparently the leaker's discord info was accidentally revealed. the twitter accounts have deleted some/all of the tweets with the images.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)