SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I assume the only reason Smart Strike exists is because of Kartana. It doesn't look like being able to use Iron Head...
No, but it absolutely should be able to use Steel Wing and not Smart Strike. Every single other Pokemon that can use Smart Strike has a horn or is otherwise has points with which to stab the opponent. Kartana is built for slashing, not stabbing. Not only is Steel Wing a slashing move, but it would be a cool reference to paper airplanes and origami swans.

This is a part of Grimmsnarl's relearner screen.
Grimmsnarl getting Fake Out is potentially great for VGC. Also Prankster Bulk Up is interesting, lets its set up on other physical attackers such as bulky Fighting-types, Tyranitar and Dragapult with relative ease.

Many of these TMs and TRs are for moves which were previously only obtainable through breeding, so having them readily accessible is a nice convenience factor for in-game team building.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

If you and another player set the same Link Code, you can be sure to connect with one another.

Without a Link Code, you might be connected to someone other than the person you meant to play together with.

F.
I thought so, but being the case is ... F.
Honestly that was to be expected.

Also probably one of the big reasons that got them to introduce Nature Changing and the new egg move transfer mechanics: Gigamax Pokemon would have been both up to huge RNG in nature AND potentially lack critical egg moves.

They definitely want us to use the shiny new toy and making it suboptimal would have been stupid, even for GF's standards

If you and another player set the same Link Code, you can be sure to connect with one another.

Without a Link Code, you might be connected to someone other than the person you meant to play together with.
Can we confirm the existence of multi battles? Im worried the dynamax mechanic may have caused them to be unconventional

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Max Phantasm
This is a Ghost-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This lowers the target's Defense stat.

Max Ooze
This is a Poison-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This raises ally Pokemon's Sp. Atk stats.

Max Wyrmwind
This is a Dragon-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This lowers the target's Attack stat.

Max Quake
This is a ground-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This raises ally Pokemon's Sp. Def stats.

Max Phantasm
This is a Ghost-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This lowers the target's Defense stat.

Max Ooze
This is a Poison-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This raises ally Pokemon's Sp. Atk stats.

Max Wyrmwind
This is a Dragon-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This lowers the target's Attack stat.

Max Quake
This is a ground-type attack Dynamax Pokemon use. This raises ally Pokemon's Sp. Def stats.
That is... not at all what I thought the effects would be.

In any case, Dragapult just got scarier. Both of its STAB Max moves increase the power of its attacks. Never mind. I'm dumb.

Last edited:
Pkm that might have Nasty Plot and still make somewhat sense:
Intelleon, Orbeetle, Noctowl, Thievul, Froslass, Xatu, Gengar, Noivern, Grimmsnarl, Hatterene, Gothitelle, Accelgor, Toxitricy, Polteageist, Ideedee, Rotom,

Probably unviable:
Corviknight, Obstagoon, Pangoro, Umbreon, Scrafty, Bisharp, Malamar, Grabbloct, Morpeko

I wouldn't mind if something like Flygon or Silvally were to get Nasty Plot. They could definitely need that to become more viable. I also hope Xatu and not Sigilyph get this move because almost everything Xatu does Sigilyph does it better...

That is... not at all what I thought the effects would be.

In any case, Dragapult just got scarier. Both of its STAB Max moves increase the power of its attacks.
Dragon lowers the target's attack unless you mean to say that dragon moves in general become stronger thrpugh dynamax.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
Leaker says Gigantamax Copperajah's G-Move lays Spikes and Gigantamax Garbodor's G-Move causes Poison.

Hammerlocke Stadium is the location of the tower where you fight Eternatus.

Gym Leaders are rebattled through the Championship Tournament.

You fight random Gym Leaders.

You can choose Hop or a specific Leader to enter the Tournament with.

F for Incineroar.
From one side, F for Incineroar indeed. From the other side… could Spirit Shackle become a thing for physical Ghost-types, if it is TR’d?

Guess who would enjoy that if they got that TR… *stares at Dragapult*

Max Phantasm

Max Ooze

Max Wyrmwind

Max Quake
Max Phantasm is giving me pre-Gen 4 Shadow Ball flashbacks.

Almost completely pointless for special Ghost attackers in singles, but it can be useful for physical attackers and in Doubles, at least.

Anyway, we now know every max move effect.

Normal: speed down
Fighting: attack up
Flying: speed up
Poison: special attack up
Ground: special defense up
Rock: sandstorm
Bug: special attack down
Ghost: defense down
Steel: defense up
Fire: sunny day
Water: rain dance
Grass: grassy terrain
Electric: electric terrain
Psychic: psychic terrain
Ice: hail
Dragon: attack down
Dark: special defense down
Fairy: misty terrain

Anyway, we now know every max move effect.

Normal: speed down
Fighting: attack up
Flying: speed up
Poison: special attack up
Ground: special defense up
Rock: sandstorm
Bug: special attack down
Ghost: defense down
Steel: defense up
Fire: sunny day
Water: rain dance
Grass: grassy terrain
Electric: electric terrain
Psychic: psychic terrain
Ice: hail
Dragon: attack down
Dark: special defense down
Fairy: misty terrain
Would be worth nothing that the "up" effects are actually affecting the partner in double battles, making them much more valuable in doubles than in singles.

Would be worth nothing that the "up" effects are actually affecting the partner in double battles, making them much more valuable in doubles than in singles.
And the down effects affect both opponents, though the damage is single target. That's how it was right?

I thought the effect is on both the user and the ally, so it has functions in both.

And the down effects affect both opponents, though the damage is single target. That's how it was right?
I'm pretty sure the down effect is only on the target save for G-Max moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)