SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I thought the effect is on both the user and the ally, so it has functions in both.
You're correct, i worded it poorly.

I meant to say its much more impactful in doubles as a effect that might be otherwise useless for the user (say max ghost on gengar) suddently would be useful for its partner instead.

So Eternatus will probably get its own E-Max move that replaces Dynamax cannon... and still have Max Ooze to snowball its special attack.

That thing is going to be scary, assuming it can find anything to hit that isn't immune to poison, what with Dragon being better to hit itself and literally every other uber being Steel type.

Morpeko
Two-Sided Pokemon
1'
6.6 lbs
Full Belly Mode
It carries electrically roasted seeds with it as if they're precious treasures. No matter how much it eats, it always gets hungry again in short order.

Hangry Mode
Hunger hormones affect its temperament. Until its hunger is appeased, it gets up to all manner of evil deeds.
do we know if morpeko’s hangry form has different stats or not, or I wonder if all it does is just change aura wheel’s type for a not so reliable but guaranteed stab.

Why Alcreamie is so fast? its a cake without legs!!!
Also, mr rime sucks and probably mr.mime to. the concept its coll but the stats distributions.... He has a stick now, so he can kick some butts, but the speed drop its not something to be happy. Whit luck he retain Filter, 6 weakness!!!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
More mixed thoughts

-Smh, more disrespect, now for Mr. Rime. Like c'mon m8, have you even seen that ability? That shit's freaking rad! And so what if it's a bit slower, it's far from Crabominable tier and just about everything else is improved, even Special Defense is technically better just by virtue of its HP not being dickballs anymore.

-Teatime is dank. Instant Salac/Petaya Berry anyone?

-That pic of Falinks' components marching in the overworld is hella cute. When GF finally gets around to making an Italy region these precious young men better appear

-Wait... ...the Poison Max Move is the one that raises Special Attack? On the one hand yay, Gengar is safe. On the other hand oof, Chandelure just took a huge hit in viability...

-Pls mr leaker show more unseen Gigantamax forms

Why Alcreamie is so fast? its a cake without legs!!!
Also, mr rime sucks and probably mr.mime to. the concept its coll but the stats distributions.... He has a stick now, so he can kick some butts, but the speed drop its not something to be happy. Whit luck he retain Filter, 6 weakness!!!
Alcreamie is not that fast 61-76 range is nothing to be impressed even in this gen

Honestly Mr Rime's ability could even have a niche on your own team, removing your walls when they're close to expiring so you can choose to refresh them sooner. It makes it harder for the opponent to stall the wall out.

Screen Cleaner doesn't remove Screens/Veil, just ignores it.
So I think it would be not that great in singles bc Ice/Psychic is awful defensively
Also... In doubles it's probably canceled by Galarian Weezing.

Thank CHRIST screen cleaner is a thing. I was not excited for Aurora Veil Eiscue in VGC. Or Aurora Veil at all.
It does not clear screens. It basically applies a pre-Gen VI Infiltrator on all Pokémon while it's present.

Pretty much what Cloud Nine and Air Lock do to weather - they pretend they don't exist.

(Also the fact it only mentions Light Screen, Reflect and Aurora Veil means Lapras's G-MAX move does not set up screens, or it does, but it's just an existing effect and does not stack with screens)

Screen Cleaner doesn't remove Screens/Veil, just ignores it
Yes it does. They use the word "ignore" when something is ignored without being removed, like Mold Breaker ignores abilities but Gastro Acid removes them.

Besides if it simply ignored screens it would just be a worse Infiltrator that also affects your team... makes zero sense.

Also, since this description is suspiciously reminiscent of Defog, it should be tested whether it also removes hazards, because if it does... say hello to the best hazard control in the game.
Abilities don't always state the full extent of their effects, like Water Bubble and Heatproof. It's worth looking into it.

It does not clear screens. It basically applies a pre-Gen VI Infiltrator on all Pokémon while it's present.

Pretty much what Cloud Nine and Air Lock do to weather - they pretend they don't exist.

(Also the fact it only mentions Light Screen, Reflect and Aurora Veil means Lapras's G-MAX move does not set up screens, or it does, but it's just an existing effect and does not stack with screens)
No, G Max Moves have the effects of other moves. By that logic you can aet up stealth rcok and then use dreadnaws g max move to set up double rocks, and thats a reality i refuse to believe in.

Yes it does. They use the word "ignore" when something is ignored without being removed, like Mold Breaker ignores abilities but Gastro Acid removes them.

Besides if it simply ignored screens it would just be a worse Infiltrator that also affects your team... makes zero sense.

Also, since this description is suspiciously reminiscent of Defog, it should be tested whether it also removes hazards, because if it does... say hello to the best hazard control in the game.
"When the Pokémon enters battle, the effects of Light Screen, Reflect, and Aurora Veil are nullified for both opposing and ally Pokémon. "

It says nullified, not removed. The most common usage of nullify means to cancel out so the sum is zero.
By using the word nullify, it heavily implies that the canceling out is due to Screen Cleaner's presence, instead of a permanent removal as you're suggesting.

It's not purely a worse infiltrator, from a doubles perspective, since Screens Cleaner helps your Doubles teammate if your opp's strategy is centered on screens, while your strategy isn't. Infiltrator doesn't allow your Doubles teammate to use the ability.

Abilities don't always state the full extent of their effects, like Water Bubble and Heatproof. It's worth looking into it.
Well I hope so
Otherwise the poor thing made it to Galar just to be a worse Jynx

If you look at how it’s worded I think it’s safe to assume it just removes them entirely when he enters the battle, meaning that any screen that is used after this pokemon enters the battle works just fine. I feel like this won’t work like primals’ weathers but rather it will work like intimidate (when it comes to how and when it activates).

"When the Pokémon enters battle, the effects of Light Screen, Reflect, and Aurora Veil are nullified for both opposing and ally Pokémon. "

It says nullified, not removed.

It's not purely a worse infiltrator, from a doubles perspective, since Screens Cleaner helps your Doubles teammate if your opp's strategy is centered on screens, while your strategy isn't. Infiltrator doesn't allow your Doubles teammate to use the ability.
Brick Break says that screens are "destroyed" and Defog says they're "blown away", so they couldn't use either of those words with "Steam Cleaner". They just used the word "nullify" to mean the same thing.

Even if the doubles point is valid, it could have been worded as "all pokemon ignore the effects of Reflect, Light Screen and Aurora Veil while it's on the field".

The words "nullify" instead of "removes" and "when it enters the battle" instead of "while it's on the field" strongly suggest the effects of this ability are permanent on the screens, rather than being temporary as long as Mr. Rime is out.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Keep in mind that Cloud Nine nullifies weather, it doesn't actually remove it. For example, Sun turns will still count down as normal when the Cloud Nine mon is on the field, the weather can be changed from Sun to Rain, and then Rain will resume from its current timer when Cloud Nine leaves the field.

I believe we can assume Mr. Rime's ability works in this manner as well for Screens, but we'll just have to wait for the release to truly affirm anything.

I'm still thinking it's more similar to Cloud Nine/Air Lock, than some sudden new mechanic that removes something set (there's never been an ability that removes hazards upon entering, which we could compare this to if it did exist).

Cloud Nine/Air Lock says: "Eliminates the effects of weather. "
If we saw that wording, we'd assume it's a permanent thing even after the user switches out, when actually it doesn't work that way.

Unless in my analogy, you believe Screen Cleaner to be similar to a weather ability like Drizzle coming in on a harsh sunlight environment, where it's permanently replacing one weather (the Screens environment) with a new weather (Non-Screens environment).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)