13p Matrix 14 (No Multiball) Game Thread [GAME OVER]

Well the traffic in opposite commute direction for someone reason was terrible so i came home instead. looks like im going hungry tonight...

i dont know if i should be glad i can be here for an hour or i should do something more productive. like play spiderman. or make dinner.

apricity paranoia

I think at this point if there's one user i would deem to be driving the direction of the game it's hal. this is not too surprising but also surprising because it means other big personalities aren't really driving the game. and the reason why i worry about hal is because there is seemingly very little resistance to anything he says or does. ignore this post if this isn't the case - it's just my perception. the fear for me then is that he's been able to drive the lynch wherever he pleases and if things continue the mafia has the game won because he can just ignore his teammates.

the plus side is that i think motivation wise it doesn't make a ton of sense for him to do the things he's done asssuming that he's not thinking that no one will challenge him on the decisions he makes. for instance if this game was anon, you would imagine people would be more wary of him after i flip town and so he probably would not be swapping lynches last minute because that would bring undue attention to him. like why swap from one town lynch which is better for him as mafia to me. i guess i just worry because the big personalities aren't really invested and there's not a lot of questioning elsewhere going on or at the very least it's being ignored. im not saying he's for sure mafia but i hope it's something people will consider and think strongly about before following him onto what i presume will be a tbz or fenrir or laurel or moody vote tomorrow.

the worst case scenario is that he's mafia and that he makes that move knowing that it doesn't matter and that no one will care and hold him accountable. but i think bias out of voting me aside he probably isn't mafia. i think it's more likely that the mafia are simply letting him do whatever and encouraging him because he isn't coming close to the team. i guess that's not a great scenario either but yeah.

tl;dr - think about hal before going into a tbz/fenrir/laurel/moody vote if he pushes those guyss.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If hal busses his scummate tonight into a successful scum lynch, he deserves to win. If hal's wagon doesn't lynch scum today, I'm prolly not going to obey him much anymore. Both things I already said in this thread before jalmont's paranoia spiel. But well I guess it's not like much of town would follow me, but I guess we'll see :/

apricity said it helps solve relationships more, since tbz's flip doesn't reveal as much about scum team as jalmont's flip, or something like that I'd presume.
i hope everyone knows exactly what relationships these are because i havent got a clue. when i'm town that means ??? like seriously. i'm lost myself because i'm back to square 1 with m2h. but i feel like we'd only be expanding the lynch pool.

what relationships do i have? no one has outright come out to defend me. no one has exactly felt strongly about me one way or the other except texas? but even then id hesistante to call it strongly because his presence hasn't been that strong (compared to apricity, hannah, maybe even m2h)

it;s weird because most people haven't really expressed opinions on me and those that have haven't really said much about me. i dunno. i guess i have to hope it really does help you guys solve the relationships. its a mystery to me

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
in response to jalmont's big personality callout, the one that is uh the most surprising to be taking a backseat is texas I guess.
i hope everyone knows exactly what relationships these are because i havent got a clue. when i'm town that means ??? like seriously. i'm lost myself because i'm back to square 1 with m2h. but i feel like we'd only be expanding the lynch pool.

what relationships do i have? no one has outright come out to defend me. no one has exactly felt strongly about me one way or the other except texas? but even then id hesistante to call it strongly because his presence hasn't been that strong (compared to apricity, hannah, maybe even m2h)

it;s weird because most people haven't really expressed opinions on me and those that have haven't really said much about me. i dunno. i guess i have to hope it really does help you guys solve the relationships. its a mystery to me
fairly certain apricity is implying that if you come up scum that I'm likely scum as well. could be wrong with reading into that, but eh. I sort of agree that you flipping town doesn't give town much.

I mean, you're totally right wrt Texas's presence being very weak and it's really weir dot me, yeah. I mean, every lynch can give us reads so it's not like this gives nothing.

realistic scenario

i think what's more realistic is that the mafia is simply letting hal do what he wants and appealing to him and getting on his good side. this is my current working theory although who knows because i'm dogshit and am probably wrong but hey i gotta give it a shot. so in this scenario i would be thinking heal + dusk + texas/fenrir/tbz

what's interesting about heal has been his subservience to hal today and it does strike me as weird. i think it's really sus that he's acting that way. maybe i shouldn';t bother trying to explain because apparently that just confuses people. but my vibe from heal is that he's just acting super friendly to everyone and trying to use that to gain people's trust. my thinking for the vote yesterday would be that he felt it would be more sus to not do anything and that it would be better to vote and then apologize the day after.

i think dusk is more likely to be mafia because he's kept a low profile presence. this is particularly odd knowing that he and hannah did something online and hannah returned to post whereas he did not. why such a discrepancy?

I don't really know what to think about the last slot. I just don't really feel like this is the town texas that i know behaviorally but i recognize that i'm probably biased in that regard as well. i think if fenrir subs out he's town. if he stays in, it's a deliberate strat and i would probably vote there. frankly i think his only recourse as town at this point is to sub out. tbz reads town to me i don't really get what everyone else is saying but i'll vote him to self pres at this point.

regarding laurel and moody

i mean laurel is quite obviously out of it and i just cant see him acting the same way if he's informed. i just cant imagine him or anyone really being mafia and then just posting so blantantly misunderstanding the gamestate especially when he's already set himself up as someone who isn't posting a lot.

i'm ok with moody because i think he's being relatively cautious which fits his town game and hasn't been trying to make any sweeping statements that give him the appearance of town. this is the low profile moody making points when he can that i've come to expect. as mafia i probably expect him to post less but try and attempt to say more in the posts he does make which he isn't doing (if htat makes sense time is short)

realistic scenario

i think what's more realistic is that the mafia is simply letting hal do what he wants and appealing to him and getting on his good side. this is my current working theory although who knows because i'm dogshit and am probably wrong but hey i gotta give it a shot. so in this scenario i would be thinking heal + dusk + texas/fenrir/tbz

what's interesting about heal has been his subservience to hal today and it does strike me as weird. i think it's really sus that he's acting that way. maybe i shouldn';t bother trying to explain because apparently that just confuses people. but my vibe from heal is that he's just acting super friendly to everyone and trying to use that to gain people's trust. my thinking for the vote yesterday would be that he felt it would be more sus to not do anything and that it would be better to vote and then apologize the day after.

i think dusk is more likely to be mafia because he's kept a low profile presence. this is particularly odd knowing that he and hannah did something online and hannah returned to post whereas he did not. why such a discrepancy?

I don't really know what to think about the last slot. I just don't really feel like this is the town texas that i know behaviorally but i recognize that i'm probably biased in that regard as well. i think if fenrir subs out he's town. if he stays in, it's a deliberate strat and i would probably vote there. frankly i think his only recourse as town at this point is to sub out. tbz reads town to me i don't really get what everyone else is saying but i'll vote him to self pres at this point.
I agree wrt Fenrir + subbing out (HeaLnDeaL remember nuxl + Dan last game) so that's something to look into after this. And yeah I'm still ? on Texas but townleaning atp?

lol ive gone back and forth about voting dusk and tbz and i cant bring myself to do either because i'm so unsure. i literally cant come up to an alternative to myself which i know is a bad vote but im just so lost xd.

sigh

regarding laurel and moody

i mean laurel is quite obviously out of it and i just cant see him acting the same way if he's informed. i just cant imagine him or anyone really being mafia and then just posting so blantantly misunderstanding the gamestate especially when he's already set himself up as someone who isn't posting a lot.

i'm ok with moody because i think he's being relatively cautious which fits his town game and hasn't been trying to make any sweeping statements that give him the appearance of town. this is the low profile moody making points when he can that i've come to expect. as mafia i probably expect him to post less but try and attempt to say more in the posts he does make which he isn't doing (if htat makes sense time is short)
Laurel seems out of it but he also hasn't been reading, so I don't think it's alignment indicative that he's kinda misunderstanding. he also mentioned that I could be playing dumb - which means he could also be playingdumb if he's recognizing that I could be. I'd definitely like to see more activity from him tbh.

Wrt moody it's weird, I remember him being super scary and mad at me the entire time we played together and all he did was argueand he was town. So.. this game feels strange to me cause I'd think he'd be just as active, assertive, and strongwilled this game. Dunno what changed. Maybe not 1v1ing DS in this game?

I do, however, wanna point out that a town core of Me/Hal/M2H/Texas/tommy is incredibly OP and feels unlikely but I also know that, statistically speaking, none of us being town has any input over the chances the other are town so shrug

Laurel seems out of it but he also hasn't been reading, so I don't think it's alignment indicative that he's kinda misunderstanding. he also mentioned that I could be playing dumb - which means he could also be playingdumb if he's recognizing that I could be. I'd definitely like to see more activity from him tbh.

Wrt moody it's weird, I remember him being super scary and mad at me the entire time we played together and all he did was argueand he was town. So.. this game feels strange to me cause I'd think he'd be just as active, assertive, and strongwilled this game. Dunno what changed. Maybe not 1v1ing DS in this game?
it is alignment indicative though. put yourself in his spot. you're on a team, are you really going to try and cost your teammates by coming in and saying random shit without thinking of the consequences. it's so much easier to just be safe right. the question is do you think that laurel has it in him to fake that, maybe yeah, but it's not likely. are his teammates going to be ok with playing dumb? i doubt it. if you're teammate is texas + duskl then you're probably going to be more motivated to come up with plans to bus or to do something otherwise sneaky. maybe if its like idle city with fenrir and tbz it's an option but even then that's not really a great strategy when you can bus your idle teammates unless you really just dgaf

i think this is a mischaracterization of moody. i liken him to me because sometimes he has his games where he takes charge and just goes off (like that one point game we played). most of the time though he's like this - low profile and low key. the difference for me is how much effort he puts into appearing likle he's active. this game feels he's more in dgaf mode which i identify with him being town

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)