SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Hey, all. I've always followed this as a resource for strategies but lurking this thread and this datamine has given me a nasty idea.

Indeedee might be better than we think. Psychic Surge Hidden Ability is huge. Pair it with our Darmanitan and you have a nasty combo for Doubles:

Indeedee
Psychic Surge
-Follow Me: to draw initial attack
-Helping Hand: given that it survives and allows Darmanitan-G to Belly Drum and Zen Mode, can boost Darmanitan's first move.
-Healing Wish/Aromatherapy/Encore/literally anything else
-Attack fodder (Hyper Voice?)

Not sure what item to consider for Indeedee. But this basically allows a Zen Mode Darmanitan-G to safely pull off a Belly Drum and go Zen Mode while the Psychic Terrain stops priority targetting moves, and Follow Me draws in anything trying to stop Darmanitan. This means that the usual Fake Out lead is pretty much useless.

Counters to this:
-A slower Pokemon with Terrain-setting ability, like a leading Rillaboom.
-How to counter: make Indeedee as slow and bulky as possible, undercutting the speed of any other terrain setter.

-A Rock Slide faster than Darmatitan and strong enough to OHKO or Flinch it.
-How to counter: Make Darmanitan bulky enough to survive most Rock Slides of it's base Speed or higher. Maybe give it a pinch berry that capitalizes on this, giving back the 50% necessary to start the mayhem. Not sure where to begin on stopping flinching, haven't played competitively since Gen 6.

Anyways, I think Indeedee is good as hell. Literally the perfect teammate for a setup sweeper, blocking priority and drawing in damage.

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 178-210 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 237-279 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I haven't done research but that's two switch in's I can think off the top of my head. Regular Darm also doesn't Outspeed Koko

This isn't even factoring in sun. The thing is busted
But if you're running Band, your not running Scarf, so you can be revenge killed by the like Cinderace and Cobalion to name a few.

Safe to Say Darm is getting quick banned?

I don't see anything switching into a Banded set
Remember sheer force Darmanitan already gets a 1.33x boost. New Darmanitan gets 1.5x but forces choice lock.

I know it's still crazy but defensively its typing is awful and it isn't particularly bulky. Far from quick ban material imo.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
+1 252 Atk Choice Band Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 178-210 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 237-279 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I haven't done research but that's two switch in's I can think off the top of my head. Regular Darm also doesn't Outspeed Koko

This isn't even factoring in sun. The thing is busted
Fun fact: Something can have no switch-ins and still be balanced. There's this cool thing called revenge killing, it's pretty great at handling a base 95 speed pokemon locked into 1 move with poor bulk

Remember sheer force Darmanitan already gets a 1.33x boost. New Darmanitan gets 1.5x but forces choice lock.

I know it's still crazy but defensively it's typing is awful and it isn't particularly bulky. Far from quick ban material imo.
Not to mention Icicle Crash is 90 BP compared to Flare Blitz' 120, so the power is about the same

But if you're running Band, your not running Scarf, so you can be revenge killed by the like Cinderace and Cobalion to name a few.
Koko didn't need a scarf set to be a threat. Wild Z nuked things that Special Koko couldn't (like M.Diancie and Chansey after chip).

Fun fact: Something can have no switch-ins and still be balanced. There's this cool thing called revenge killing, it's pretty great at handling a base 95 speed pokemon locked into 1 move with poor bulk
Except there's six other mons you can choose from? You don't have to stay in and get revenge killed. If you are Darm and have the matchup advantage, something is getting severely damaged.

How are you even saying this when you have a mon that can essentially be +2 as soon as it's sent out?

I was only making a suggestion as rocks are still in the game, so it hinders it greatly. That doesn't mean the mon still isn't busted.

Koko didn't need a scarf set to be a threat. Wild Z nuked things that Special Koko couldn't (like M.Diancie and Chansey after chip).

Except there's six other mons you can choose from? You don't have to stay in and get revenge killed. If you are Darm and have the matchup advantage, something is getting severely damaged.

How are you even saying this when you have a mon that can essentially be +2 as soon as it's sent out?
You can say all those things about Choice Band Rampardos as well.

?????????????????????

CB Ramp doesn't outspeed Koko
Nothing switches in on Rampardos and if you're running Scarf on ice Darmanitan then you're losing out on double Banded hits. It's going to be hard to switch in on but so is regular Darmanitan and that was far from uber.

What is this comparison? Both the moves are boosted by it's ability and CB. The power isn't the same or identical
Regular Darmanitan gets sheer force so it has ~160 bp Flare Blitz which is comparable to ice Darmanitan Icicle crash.

Nothing switches in on Rampardos and if you're running Scarf on ice Darmanitan then you're losing out on double Banded hits. It's going to be hard to switch in on but so is regular Darmanitan and that was far from uber.
????????????????????

Reg Darm Base Atk is 135, Darm 2.0 has a Base Atk of 160. Reg Darm doesn't outspeed Koko, Darm 2.0 does. I'm not sure why this thing is being compared to reg Darm.

I was only making a suggestion as rocks are still in the game, so it hinders it greatly. That doesn't mean the mon still isn't busted.
Having good calcs is a promising start, but honestly it's impossible to determine the strength of a 'mon before release. I remember when Gen V was being datamined, people were calling for bans for Haxorus because 147 attack, Outrage + DD. A week later nobody remembered it.

Conversely, during the Gen VI datamine people were talking about whether Talonflame might be viable... in RU.

We've had tons of powerful, "uncounterable" pokemon in the past that ended up being totally manageable. Being excited for a new pokemon is good and what these threads are for, but asking for a suspect is not a part of that.

Funny little detail I have noticed:
Seismitoad never had access to physical water moves until now (they gave him dive and liquidation). It could only use special water moves for 8 years...!
its like gamefreak realized oh wait gen 5 pokemon do exist, we made those 8yrs ago

i would forget it too if i had access to the supreme khush they be smoking

Not sure what you're talking about, their movesets are identical
Darm cant learn FB via TRs

Zen Mode can

That's why I got confused as well

Having good calcs is a promising start, but honestly it's impossible to determine the strength of a 'mon before release. I remember when Gen V was being datamined, people were calling for bans for Haxorus because 147 attack, Outrage + DD. A week later nobody remembered it.

Conversely, during the Gen VI datamine people were talking about whether Talonflame might be viable... in RU.

We've had tons of powerful, "uncounterable" pokemon in the past that ended up being totally manageable. Being excited for a new pokemon is good and what these threads are for, but asking for a suspect is not a part of that.
I was joking, I wasn't asking for a ST as I'm not a fan of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)