SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Has it been researched if Strength Sap fails against abilities such as Clear Body and White Smoke including recovery? If so, I think there's a certain Fire type who benefits here.

Meanwhile you need to run Aegislash in order to not lose to Black,
This seems like a good point to note that, if you want to play it safe, Fusion Bolt is not a contact move and hits Aegislash neutrally.

TBH, if we're considering keeping Black Kyurem in OU this generation, we should also look at dropping White Kyurem. It has all the same issues that Black does now.

Has it been researched if Strength Sap fails against abilities such as Clear Body and White Smoke including recovery? If so, I think there's a certain Fire type who benefits here.
Strength Sap will still recover, so Clear Body just makes the move more spammable.

Am I seeing it wrong, or Stonejourner really only has 20 Special Defense with 70 Speed, and not the opposite? I get that there are designated Physical and Special walls out there, but 20 Special Defense is abysmal. Not 40, not 60, but 20. Even Sandstorm and AV won't help with that.

Am I seeing it wrong, or Stonejourner really only has 20 Special Defense with 70 Speed, and not the opposite? I get that there are designated Physical and Special walls out there, but 20 Special Defense is abysmal. Not 40, not 60, but 20. Even Sandstorm and AV won't help with that.
Yes, 20 SPD and 70 speed.
It's gonna be some in-between TR user that can creep out dedicated TR users in non-TR while out speed speedy ones within TR……and that's kinda niche at best

Ehm just reminding you that using setup with first impression is literally impossible...
Show me where I said it is?
I literally just asked about Durant‘s viability in general, pointing out it has auto boosted attack thanks to Hustle + gets access to First Impression which sounds great on paper.
Then I said lack of Hone Claws could hinder it (generally speaking, not in terms of using First Impression). :)

Would Zoom Lens make sense on it?

To be honest, it's similar to Kartana, and Assault Vest has been a thing on it in VGC. Stonjourner's ability is made for VGC. Unlike Kartana, I see it more as a support Pkm with good attack stat. Not sure how much a mono rock type will help it out. That all depends on which Pkm will be most likely used in VGC.

Yes, 20 SPD and 70 speed.
It's gonna be some in-between TR user that can creep out dedicated TR users in non-TR while out speed speedy ones within TR……and that's kinda niche at best
room service
To be honest, it's similar to Kartana, and Assault Vest has been a thing on it in VGC. Stonjourner's ability is made for VGC. Unlike Kartana, I see it more as a support Pkm with good attack stat. Not sure how much a mono rock type will help it out. That all depends on which Pkm will be most likely used in VGC.
but its still 20 spd
maybe gamefreak balanced stonejourner with sand + av in mind but it looks bad on paper

but its still 20 spd
But it's got base 100 HP. It can live with an Assault Vest (not to mention the base SpD is so pathetic the Assault Vest is a fairly large boost, actually). And if Kartana could, so can Stonjourner.

(Then again, Kartana's typing is better)

Stonjourner is also one of the few Pokemon with access to Gravity, and the second fastest after Sigilyph in the regional dex, that plus Power Spot and Wide Guard makes it a somewhat unique, if gimmicky, Doubles support for teams that want to spam high power low accuracy moves or make use of stuff like Hustle or Hypnosis. I doubt it will use AV, unlike Kartana it doesn't really have a good enough offensive movepool and its ability means it wants to stick around for as long as possible, so forgoing Protect would be risky.

After playing a decent number of SWSH matches on Nexus, here are my thoughts on the early metagame so far:

The new pokemon are actually extremely fun to use, and they're great additions to the competitive scene! I've especially been loving Rillaboom with a banded set, and Duraludon with a modest Shuca set. Sirfetch'd and Galarian Darmanitan are really fun too, and Corviknight is steel/flying that fits super well with momentum teams. Barraskewda is a menace on rain, and Cinderace feels like a more predictable but still good Greninja. I have so many more mons I could gush about but the dex itself has made some super fun mons to toy around with!

However, the format is extremely toxic with Dynamax. The mechanic is so broken that everything looks like a Magearna after 3 turns, and even after you outlast the dynamax it might often be too late if you've had to sacrifice too much. Bulky Offense teams are simply out of the question, as is Balance because every offensive threat can dynamax and shred through all defensive backbones after a single ounce of chip damage has been spread. I really only see 5 archetypes lasting down the road: Rain, Sand, Screens, Webs, and hard stall (even this might get snuffed out eventually). The metagame is also going to stale extremely quickly because games do boil down to whoever gets their best dynamaxer off first. The mechanic is extremely uninteractive and I felt myself want to abandon this generation altogether multiple times while laddering LOL.

Keep in mind, the game isn't even out yet so nobody should really take action in terms of metagame management for a bit. But if it were up to me, I would straight up quickban dynamaxing. Doing so would actually allow for a ton of team archetypes to be viable again, and increase metagame diversity in the long run. If this is done alongside a Shadow Tag and Arena Trap ban, I don't see much requiring a suspect test down the road in a dynamax-less Galarian metagame (maybe Excadill, big emphasis on maybe). Seriously, a lot of these movepool changes for the Galarian Dex are really well balanced! But it feels like they didn't account for dynamaxing at all, and it really feels like the mechanic was intended for in-game playthrough purposes. I sincerely hope the mechanic gets the fuck out of competitive play.
I kinda agree with most things you said but not with all. First off balance is not all that bad. I topped the Nexus ladder at like 1350 with a defensive core of Arcanine, Hippowdon and Toxapex + Drill. I think there are some more bulky defensive cores that aren't as figured out yet that can work and beat most things that would stay OU. While its true that Dynamaxing looks to be pretty overpowered I found myself to be able to outplay it most times! Well timed Dynamaxing myself was often they key to not lose a mon when my opponent Dynamaxed but its not always possible.

There were a few things that were really bothering me and that was Gyarados and Weather (mainly Rain). Gyarados is a monster which can just boost through teams while attacking and setting up rain for itself. Eq sets just beat Pex while Power Whip destroys Rotom and then there is also Taunt to deal with Corsola, Jellicent, Pex and many more... The problem about weather sweapers is that they can just setup their weather themselves and can not lose weather wars while in Dynamax form and can't get revenge killed.

Also any sort of coverage on your sweaper doesnt only give it that coverage but also different boosting options which makes it a lot easier to lose to the wrong sets. Things like Zygarde, Magearna and Kartana + Zmoves which were complained about in Gen7 are nothing compared to what those Dynamax mechanics make possible. Just any type of non expected flying-type coverage for example can make you lose to any breaker in only one turn.

Strength Sap will still recover, so Clear Body just makes the move more spammable.
If that's still true then G-Corsola now has to be one of the most broken new entrants in the metagame. I cant think of a single option to break this wall other than having someone taunt it. And that gets predictable to avoid by switching or using Shadow Ball against most ghost types who would be super effective, yet cant cut half its health with ghost attacks alone. I'd have to rely on the rare infiltrator Dragapult, if it manages to survive two shadow balls first.

Question, didnt dig through all the posts, but do we know what how mimicry works? Is it all terrians like caves, or just terrain moves?

Also, i saw the HA of the ice moth, sounds quite good. How is the best way to get HA in this game? Chains like before? Raid battles?

And is there any word on toxcitrys alt form and how it works?

The reviews of SwSh are all being published. Mostly positive scores but definitely some concerns. Eurogamer’s review was especially alarming and damning

So far it seems HAs are obtained from raids only (and then breedable)

Based on nature
Ok, so of i want that ice shield i need to find the moth in a raid then huh? I wonder if thats possible early or not available yet.

Ok so nature changes the form, but whats the form do, or is it just cosmetic?

Ok, so of i want that ice shield i need to find the moth in a raid then huh? I wonder if thats possible early or not available yet.
Well, or someone else has to find it and breed you one.
The type of enemies in each raid seem to be based on location/weather/time.

Raids don't seem to have an actual fixed schedule, simply events that make certain raids more common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)