Resource Other Metagames Index - Ask Questions Here!

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
how does this change affect imposter? does imposter w/o rusted sword/shield copy base form or crowned form?

I'm going to assume these function the same, but is it possible to gen perma Dynamax/Gigantamax mons?

What about Aegilash-Blade? Can it start a battle in Blade form or will it only ever be in Shield form?

Does normal Darmanitan-Zen function like Galarian?

how does this change affect imposter? does imposter w/o rusted sword/shield copy base form or crowned form?
imposter copies the crowned form, just like it copies mega forms back in xy-usum
I'm going to assume these function the same, but is it possible to gen perma Dynamax/Gigantamax mons?

What about Aegilash-Blade? Can it start a battle in Blade form or will it only ever be in Shield form?

Does normal Darmanitan-Zen function like Galarian?
Dynamax and Gigantamax mons aren’t treated as alternate forms that the game recognizes, instead gmax is indentified by a special mark in game or just the mon with -gmax at the end of its name on Showdown. genning perma dyna/gmax mons is not possible

Aegi works like every other in battle only form change: it will be auto reset to Shield form if genned in.

Regular Darm-Z is not immune to the same tragedies that befall its Galarian cousin, so yes it functions like Galarian Zen Mode Darm.

So you can use different Silvally types with a different item and ability?
Yep, no RKS System or Memory needed!

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
As far as I’m aware, BH went through with a double iron bash ban a couple days ago, but it’s not implemented. Is this just a delay, or was the decision reverted?

The Immortal Can we have a Natdex Gen8 Balanced Hackmons in maybe like January? There seems to be a high demand for it, at least everyone I asked wanted it to happen. I think there will be a solid community that will play it. If a poll of some sort is necessary as proof, then I will work to provide it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Usually, alternate OUs are not accepted. However, due to Dynamax being such a big feature of gen 8, I can see the demand for it. I can't say for certain as tiering admins could be against it but we'll see.
Suppose the opposite happens: That Dynamax survives the suspect. Would something similar to this statement apply for a potential "Dynamaxless OU" meta? I know that in that scenario there would be a TON of disgruntled players, likely much more than in a Dynamax ban scenario who would be interested in such a thing and willing to make it happen.

The Immortal Can we have a Natdex Gen8 Balanced Hackmons in maybe like January? There seems to be a high demand for it, at least everyone I asked wanted it to happen. I think there will be a solid community that will play it. If a poll of some sort is necessary as proof, then I will work to provide it.
There will not be two versions of OMs.

Suppose the opposite happens: That Dynamax survives the suspect. Would something similar to this statement apply for a potential "Dynamaxless OU" meta? I know that in that scenario there would be a TON of disgruntled players, likely much more than in a Dynamax ban scenario who would be interested in such a thing and willing to make it happen.
No.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Balanced Hackmons: a Primer
Overview on popular mechanics in the Balanced Hackmons scene!

(construction ongoing - will be moved to BH8's Central Resources)​

• Also Eternatus-Eternamaxed cannot be used(game crashes if it is put on a player's team)
This video appears to demonstrate evidence towards the contrary. Though the forme resets to the base version upon rebooting the game, that same thing happened with Mega Evolutions in gens 6 and 7 apparently. Has there been any further research into whether this is usable in LAN battles and therefore theoretically allowable in Hackmons? (obviously would be QBed from BH but at least for PH lol.)

This video appears to demonstrate evidence towards the contrary. Though the forme resets to the base version upon rebooting the game, that same thing happened with Mega Evolutions in gens 6 and 7 apparently. Has there been any further research into whether this is usable in LAN battles and therefore theoretically allowable in Hackmons? (obviously would be QBed from BH but at least for PH lol.)
Editing wild Pokémon is a rom edit, in other words a rom hack. That is outside the boundaries of BH. However, if it were possible to edit the game while it’s live to insert the Pokémon into your party, perhaps that would bypass the on-boot reversion. I’ll have someone test it.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Editing wild Pokémon is a rom edit, in other words a rom hack. That is outside the boundaries of BH. However, if it were possible to edit the game while it’s live to insert the Pokémon into your party, perhaps that would bypass the on-boot reversion. I’ll have someone test it.
I know the Switch has live memory editing capabilities via custom firmware (à la Cheat Engine), but yeah, unfortunately I'm not well-equipped enough myself to figure out how to use that.

I need something cleared up: even though Galarmanitan has to have Zen Mode, it can still start out as GalarmanZ if the exact (though unreleased) form is chosen for the team, right? I'm asking because the coding seems to be all over the place in that instance, the form looks like regular Darm and it changes into DarmZ (with the accompanying text) when the HP is low, but the speed and the typing still seem to indicate GalarmanZ all the way through.

I know the Switch has live memory editing capabilities via custom firmware (à la Cheat Engine), but yeah, unfortunately I'm not well-equipped enough myself to figure out how to use that.
That's true, the problem is we don't know where the specific info lies for the Pokemon, in this case, the available form. If we knew where the memory address for the current Pokemon's form is, we could in theory gen a mon, give it all sorts of balanced hackmons stuff, and then use that sort of code to change the Pokemon's form manually. But until that info is found, I don't think it will be very possible at the moment, unless someone can prove me wrong with the location of the current mon's form in memory. Although I have been doing some digging, and codes for modifying the Pokemon in your party's stats currently exist, so I think we are getting there. More research to come.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
That's true, the problem is we don't know where the specific info lies for the Pokemon, in this case, the available form. If we knew where the memory address for the current Pokemon's form is, we could in theory gen a mon, give it all sorts of balanced hackmons stuff, and then use that sort of code to change the Pokemon's form manually. But until that info is found, I don't think it will be very possible at the moment, unless someone can prove me wrong with the location of the current mon's form in memory. Although I have been doing some digging, and codes for modifying the Pokemon in your party's stats currently exist, so I think we are getting there. More research to come.
Does that mean codes for modifying a Pokémon’s code would lead to legalizing an adjustment for a Pokemon to match its other region form equivalent?
I.e. If you can code a stat then you could just have a Pokemon match the same stats it’s other form would have had. Differences in typing, ability, and exclusive item or move per form (think Hyperspace Fury only for Hoopa Unbound, not regular Hoopa) might still be a factor, but according to you; stats wouldn’t be.

Are there limits to that coding? Can you only code so much?

For example, making Galar Darmanitan equal in stats to Galar Darmanitan Zen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)