Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i found a bug: when i send out centiskorch with room service, it's ability white smoke blocks the speed drop but that's not how it's supposed to work. Also duraludon's ability is supposed to ignore ally switch

Hello again Smogon!

It's been quit a while since my last posts (...which were just tour entries). I'm pretty sure I've found a bug (or simply that the new speed mechanics are still not 100% correctly implemented). Here's the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1027370408
Could somebody explain to me why my Sigilyph was moving before my Unburden Drifblim? Is it due to Neutralizing Gas messing everything up?
Thank you in advance. Hope this issue will be resolved soon. Until everything works the way it should I will not be playing on PS. Speed mechanics are way too important for doubles.

Hello again Smogon!

It's been quit a while since my last posts (...which were just tour entries). I'm pretty sure I've found a bug (or simply that the new speed mechanics are still not 100% correctly implemented). Here's the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1027370408
Could somebody explain to me why my Sigilyph was moving before my Unburden Drifblim? Is it due to Neutralizing Gas messing everything up?
Thank you in advance. Hope this issue will be resolved soon. Until everything works the way it should I will not be playing on PS. Speed mechanics are way too important for doubles.
Neutralizing Gas is probably to blame for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it works on cart. Unburden is weird in that you don't just need to be itemless to get the boost. Rather, you have to physically lose your item. Because Drifblim consumed its item while Neutralizing Gas was in effect, Unburden might not notice the item becoming lost, similar to how it will forget that an item was lost if you switch out and back in.

Neutralizing Gas is probably to blame for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it works on cart. Unburden is weird in that you don't just need to be itemless to get the boost. Rather, you have to physically lose your item. Because Drifblim consumed its item while Neutralizing Gas was in effect, Unburden might not notice the item becoming lost, similar to how it will forget that an item was lost if you switch out and back in.
This could have been the case on cart had the order of actions were implemented correctly. It hadn't been in this case. Weezing would have fainted first, then Psychic Terrain would have activated, and then Psychic Seed would have been consumed. Weezing would have left the field before the ability would proc. I'm pretty sure that's how it should work.

When you're in a teambuilder and you've tagged the team with gen8ubers. The move filter does not filter out the illegal moves. For example, when you filter heal bell in gen8ubers team, Umbreon will show up even though heal bell is illegal on Umbreon for gen 8.

bug.png

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When you're in a teambuilder and you've tagged the team with gen8ubers. The move filter does not filter out the illegal moves. For example, when you filter heal bell in gen8ubers team, Umbreon will show up even though heal bell is illegal on Umbreon for gen 8.

View attachment 211065
it will be legal when home comes out. everything is done this way in preparation for home's release.

I don't know if this is a bug and don't have the game myself to test it. However this was a weird interaction so I'm going to post it just in case.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1027482566

On turn 5--due to the increased PP loss from Pressure in turns 1-3--my opponent runs out of PP on Water Spout/Max Geyser. However, on turn 6 he is apparently able to still select that Max Geyser which is out of PP, resulting in the occurrence you see in the replay in which he selects Max Geyser despite it being out of PP and nothing comes out. It feels like what "should" happen is that he just shouldn't be able to select the move here, but again I can't test myself how it works in the game.

Note: Yes I see the message claiming this is not a bug and do not put any meaning in it since I believe it is a generic message for all instances when a mon selects a move but then runs out of PP before actually using it.

I don't think that G-Max Wildfire and G-Max Volcalith are implemented correctly. They seem to only do 1/8th damage instead of 1/6th damage each turn, and I've seen Wildfire fail to do damage on the fourth turn when it should deal damage on all four turns.

Is there an ETA on a Stalwart/Propeller Tail fix? I'm not sure about the second one working properly or not, but Duraludon hasn't been following its targets when Ally Switched for weeks now.

EDIT: Now poviding a replay for proof, recorded today. Hatterene was the target on turn 5.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Do we know an eta on this? If it's even been put on the to be fixed list?
Quick claw is fixed and pending a hotpatch/reboot.

The rest is on the list though a number of developers are dealing with college finals and other IRL things meaning things are moving slowly as of now. If you cannot wait at all, your welcome to try and fix it yourself, were opensource.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is a bug, but it looks like Max Mindstorm based off of Photon Geyser is always a special attack even if your Attack is higher than your Special Attack stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)