Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Are you sure? Because they could easily make it so that only the 35 Pokémon that are already present in the game's data can be used without the Expansion Pass.

BTW, I really like that Gigantamax/Alternate Moltres.
The specifically said all pokemon added will be usable without the expansion. You’re paying for the expansions, not the re-added pokemon

That trailer was really good. However, being realistic, I don't expect the expansion pass to last any too mach longer than the post game story did in sword / shield. I'm expecting 2 hours of additional story content at most per expansion pass. Of course, we'll have to wait for the expansion passes to release before making any final judgement.

Out of the two expansion passes, I'm looking forward more to the Island of Armor. One minor issue I had with sword and shield was, ironically, the lack of water, since there were no water routes in the base game. This expansion will help remedy that issue.

Exploring dens seems like an awesome concept. I'm guessing this was planned for the base game, but scrapped due to time constraints.

what just happened

Seriously though, if this is the way Game Freak is breaking their no-DLC-for-Pokémon rule, I'm all in - the new areas look glorious (and I'm very excited for fully mobile cameras all the way through), a bunch of legendaries are coming back, and it looks like we're just getting new species whenever nowadays?

(very excited for Volcarona's triumphant return too, that was one of the species I was missing most from Dexit)

I'm guessing Electric and Dragon, respectively, for the new Regis.
My first guess for the second one would be Dragon too, but given that it looks like it has Charizard and Salazzle skulls attached to it for some reason, possibly Fire if it's not that?

So once you get past the shiny new and old things I still don't know if Pokemon Home will cost money. Also, gamefreak kinda lying about not adding in old pokemon as well the question did gamefreak create a problem to sell us back the solution?

Do you the returning Legendary Pokémon in Dens will be version Exclusive?
The expansions aren't version exclusive so doesn't look like being the case.

Even the Slowpoke evo items are expansion-exclusive rather than version exclusive like Applin's.

(though, we're 6-8 months away, so difficult to know for now)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
So once you get past the shiny new and old things I still don't know if Pokemon Home will cost money. Also, gamefreak kinda lying about not adding in old pokemon as well the question did gamefreak create a problem to sell us back the solution?
The pass isn’t paywalling the old Pokémon tho- you can trade/transfer old Pokémon over without the pass

and fine text confirms Home is paid, rip

Somehow I feel like a second, full price Pokémon Gun would have elicited a less negative reaction cuz it’s par for the course for this series to effectively charge double the price for the “full” game if you bought the original versions
It's because DLCs get a very bad rep even though the DLCs themselves have none of the blame. It's the companies that are to blame.

This is why I'm still waiting to go bonkers and order the first Switch I see. Masuda said there will be additional information about home in the future, and I'm waiting for at least that reveal to jump back into the franchise. They were unclear about home, per usual, but at least they gave us somewhat of a timeframe.

About the second part, the truth is probably in-between. They might have, but given that the DLCs are pretty faraway from launch, it could be that they added extra mons in development. If they lied about Dexit and they had all of this planned, they're more nuts than ever before.

It's because DLCs get a very bad rep even though the DLCs themselves have none of the blame. It's the companies that are to blame.
To be fair, considering after all they've been doing "Rebuy the entire game + dlc" for quite a while, I'd very much rather take a Game + several DLC (for actually a quite cheap price for Switch Standards) in few years, rather than chain of incomplete releases like gen 6 and 7 were.

About the second part, the truth is probably in-between. They might have, but given that the DLCs are pretty faraway from launch, it could be that they added extra mons in development. If they lied about Dexit and they had all of this planned, they're more nuts than ever before.
Honestly after this Direct, I think they planned this all along.

I wasn't expecting them to be this clever, honestly, considering how terrible they've been at marketing in the past years.
I'll be a good sheep and get the expansion pass, as I said earlier I just hope they don't fuck it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)