Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers UU Edition

I am in a local tournement amongst me and my friends. We have no rules except no legendaries. And yes I was talking about that Grimsnarl.
This question isn't best suited for this thread as you won't get sufficient feedback, try asking in the Orange Island section. I found this thread related to in-game teams, which should hopefully be broad enough to answer your question.

Any suggestions or articles on how to choose who to lead off with? I guess I’ve gotten better but right now I just try to look at if any of my mons beat a few of their mons then I just lead and hope it puts pressure on.

This sometimes leads to my win cons dying early because I don’t know how to read and determine what it is until it’s gone. Haha.

Also - what are counters to reuniclus? Or checks?And how do I make sure they don’t die? Lol

Any suggestions or articles on how to choose who to lead off with? I guess I’ve gotten better but right now I just try to look at if any of my mons beat a few of their mons then I just lead and hope it puts pressure on.

This sometimes leads to my win cons dying early because I don’t know how to read and determine what it is until it’s gone. Haha.

Also - what are counters to reuniclus? Or checks?And how do I make sure they don’t die? Lol
I have no articles I can link you too but your lead will heavily depend on your opponent's team. The only time this may not be the case is in the instance where you run a dedicated lead like Froslass, which is meant to set up a layer or two or Spikes and die. When choosing your lead it's best to look at which one of your Mons put you in the most favorable position against a majority of their team or prevents a problematic threat/s being lead without creating too many drawbacks if this isn't the outcome. This seems to be what you are describing you do for the most part anyway. I feel like this is only something you learn better from just playing more and more than simply reading a guide, so I recommend you just keep practicing.

As for Reuni checks and counters:
  • Dark-types such as Weavile, Drapion, and Pangoro help check it. Pangoro ignores Acid Armor Reuni because of Darkest Lariet, but Weavile has the ability to run SD to beat it too. Drapion mainly just sits there and beats it through Knock + Taunt. They do have to watch out for Focus Blast though, Drapion less so.
  • Bulky Waters, particularly Mantine and Milotic, can PP stall it with Haze.
  • Some Steel-types like SD Doublade and Escav can beat it but Doublade needs to run Shadow Claw to do so.
  • Finally, Snorlax is a pretty good response to both Focus Blast and Double Dance sets with Curse + Darkest Lariet. You may need to EV it to do the former.
You can also pressure it before Reuni can set up too. I don't know how I am supposed to answer the latter part of this question. They don't die by playing smart and not sacking/letting them take unnecessary damage? It's a very vague question that comes down to how you play and taking onboard factors that happen during the match. Hope this all helps.

What role does Copperajah serve best?
Copperajah @ Assault Vest
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
Copperajah i've seen used in a few ways, the most common being an assault vest set, which i gave above used as a general attacker/check to fairy types and various special attackers that a steel type can cover. it's coverage in moves is also insane so it helps in that sense. Other sets that could be used, while not nearly as good is a choice band breaker, as well as a stealth rocker. Though the assault vest set given above is the best out of them all.

Hi guys, hope this is the right place to ask; I used to play a bunch of Showdown, until the start of Alola meta and I'm looking to try playing a bit again, are there any big changes that I should know about? I saw there are some Gigantamax (?) mons in the new games, is that in any way relevant to us down in UU?

Hi guys, hope this is the right place to ask; I used to play a bunch of Showdown, until the start of Alola meta and I'm looking to try playing a bit again, are there any big changes that I should know about? I saw there are some Gigantamax (?) mons in the new games, is that in any way relevant to us down in UU?

Dynamax and Gigantamax have both been banned in UU. Hawlucha, Gengar, Crawdaunt, and Obstagoon were recently banned also. In terms of trying to get back into the tier then simply playing is the best way as well as reading through the metagame thread for general ideas on what's decent. An initial VR will be out within a week so that will benefit you but just take a look at the VR list instead for now. The meta is completely different from Gen 7 with so many Pokemon having been cut (Despite a majority of them coming back through DLCs later this year), so yeah you just have to play to get a feel for it. I hope this answers your questions.

I haven't really played competitive pokemon (or any at all rly) since mid 2017 and even then it was NU, but heres a team I've been rolling with. Sitting 20-3 so far which isn't too impressive but I guess not terrible. Any super glaring weaknesses I'm missing? It is my first day back to playing so I don't really have a great understanding of the tier. I feel like Tsareena and Intellion don't really have too much of a place in this, but the other four are a solid core. Also, is there any reason to use CB Tsareena over CB Rillaboom?

LO Intellion/SD Doublade/sash Swine/scarf Hax/utility Noivern/CB Tsareena
https://pokepast.es/74aa1bb7cd2dfe79

Getting back into some comp pokemon after not having played since early ORAS, so i have some general questions.

1. What does charizard do in this meta outside of sun? is it stuck in UU due to usage like it was in temporaraly in gen 5 OU?

2. Are there any effective toxic users in the tier which are not poison type?

3. how prevelant is knock off in the current meta, and does it hurt the capabilities of potential good users of eviolite like doublade, Gurdurr and Mr.Mime-Galar?

4. Any good grass-fire-water cores yet?

5. What does Cramorant even do?

6. is claydoll actually good now or is this a throwback meme to gen 5 RU

1: Charizard was one of the top dynamax users when it was out due to max airstream since it increased speed, and max flare could set charizards own sun. Since the dynamax ban its viability has gone way down, it normally has to run heavy duty boots if it doesnt want to lose 50% from rocks, but because of that it cant run things like specs or other items. so overall its not bad but not the best pick either.

2: The main ones I know of are quagsire and pyukumuku in uu but as of rn i don't know of any others. Mainly poison types like drapion and weezing are the premier toxic users.

3: Knock off is much less distributed compared to before, making doublade one of the premier picks in UU. Gurdurr isnt explored but does not seem very good in my opinion. Mr mime doesn't need eviolite and prefers heavy duty boots, as a better rapid spinner or a potential sweeper due to its speed tier. the premier user of knock off is 100% drapion, but there are other choices such as centiskorch and sirfetch'd.

4: Fire water grass cores? I haven't seen all too many but a good fire grass core based around sun is ninetales + shiftry, overall fire types are unexplored and still nothing fair has been seen in my opinion and testing, but it's still fairly unexplored.

5: Cramorant is.. an odd mon. It's stats are mediocore, and overall it doesnt seem like it'd be a good pokemon. but its typing, speed at 85, and its ability gulp missile makes it a super annoying pokemon to deal with just due to the sheer amount of damage gulp missile does at 25% each hit, and potential to paralyze an opponent. I don't call it a good pokemon myself but its one hell of a troll with endure thats for sure.

6: I haven't tested claydol much but it had a bit of time when it was being used as a pokemon with nice role compression, but overall it has a niche, but definitely is not the best mon. It's valueable because of its stab combo, and ability to set rocks+spin at the same time. Levitate can be useful too.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey hushpuppy18, Pokemon which can bring momentum to your team are really nice with either Lucario, CB Haxorus or Scarf Gardevoir.
Volt-Switch users such as Rotom-Mow or Heliolisk can handle this role nicely and they also bring to your team a way to pressure bulky Water-types which may be annoying for Lucario or Scarf Gardevoir. A Pokemon which can handle and/or pressure Doublade is also pretty interresting since the three Pokemon you talked about kinda struggle vs it (even if they can weaken it for each others, if it has some Wish support, it can be annoying to deal with it).

Hey hushpuppy18, Pokemon which can bring momentum to your team are really nice with either Lucario, CB Haxorus or Scarf Gardevoir.
Volt-Switch users such as Rotom-Mow or Heliolisk can handle this role nicely and they also bring to your team a way to pressure bulky Water-types which may be annoying for Lucario or Scarf Gardevoir. A Pokemon which can handle and/or pressure Doublade is also pretty interresting since the three Pokemon you talked about kinda struggle vs it (even if they can weaken it for each others, if it has some Wish support, it can be annoying to deal with it).
thank you for your help, is the best way to kill doublade a fire special pokemon?

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Not really, there is a lot of Pokemon which can handle / bother Doublade.
Bulky Water-types such as Mantine, Vaporeon or Milotic can handle its attacks and bother it with either Scald burns and/or Haze. On the other hand, Ground-types such as Hippowdon or Mudsdale can also pressure Doublade thanks to their STAB. Umbreon is a decent check too even if it needs to play around fast Doublade which runs 252 EVs in speed in order to outspeed it and OHKO it with +2 Close Combat. Offensives answers to it can be Heavy-Duty Boots Arcanine or Centiskorch. Mamoswine and Diggersby can be good too if Doublade is weakened.

Can you still play Gen 7 UU?

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 2.47.53 PM.png

As you can see, Gen 7 UU is nowhere to be found. Is there still a way to play Gen 7 UU without challenging anyone? Thanks

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
would pairing Dracozolt with a TSpikes user be a good idea? Since it’s best checks (physically defensive Ground-types) are all vulnerable to TSpikes I think it’d be pretty smart.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
would pairing Dracozolt with a TSpikes user be a good idea? Since it’s best checks (physically defensive Ground-types) are all vulnerable to TSpikes I think it’d be pretty smart.
Yep! Roserade specifically is an amazing partner imo, being able to set tspikes to assist Zolt and also threaten out/KO the Ground types that tend to wall it. Combining those two makes for a pretty nasty offensive core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)