Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

I'm new to this Switch accounts gig, I have only downloaded the Switch app but I can't access right now, I only have my phone.
Can anyone help me with the following? I have a family account on my Switch (my sister and I share the consolle), of which I am the administrator (I pay and download stuff from my profile, just like I did this morning with Home, and she gets everything automatically).
Do we know if multiple accounts can access the same database in Home (like, I transfer a bunch of Bulbasaurs from Bank to my profile on my Home - and then from the Switch both of us can drop the Bulbasaur in Sword) or different accounts have access to different "Homes" for Pokemon?

EDIT: It would also help to share Starters, breeding mons, etc...

Random, and I've seen no HAs yet.

Talking of questions: turns out you still can't transfer Slowpoke.
Oh, that means Teleport Chansey can have a good ability.

I don't think it's deliberate but might be intended.

Maybe changes in data structure.
I've seen reports that HOME does not display these modifcations but that they are retained, so if the mon goes back to an actual game it does keep the changes.

Anyone else getting this error when they try and link their Nintendo account? I haven’t signed up to the Premium Plan, is this related?
D18F5340-9507-4E24-9E00-DE792F4F9FA9.png

EDIT: Seems to be Autofill related on iOS

Last edited:
That's really annoying. Hopefully they give us some bottle caps to compensate for that -- I've lost about 70 competitive legendaries to that bug.

Do we know if it's possible to transfer from someone else's Bank to your Home remotely? Or do Nintendo accounts have to be linked to do it at all?

That's really annoying. Hopefully they give us some bottle caps to compensate for that -- I've lost about 70 competitive legendaries to that bug.

Do we know if it's possible to transfer from someone else's Bank to your Home remotely? Or do Nintendo accounts have to be linked to do it at all?
You're meant to be able to get a code from Bank to transfer it without the nintendo account according to GF infos

By the way, is the Wonder Box working? I deposited 10 Pokémon around 10 hours ago and not a single one was transferred.

EDIT: Nevermind. It seems you have to complain that it's not working for it to work, lol

(Wonder Trading a Pokémon gives you a free Eevee. Much like all the other HOME gifts besides the starter, it has fixed 15 IVs and nothing of interest otherwise)

Last edited:
I'm new to this Switch accounts gig, I have only downloaded the Switch app but I can't access right now, I only have my phone.
Can anyone help me with the following? I have a family account on my Switch (my sister and I share the consolle), of which I am the administrator (I pay and download stuff from my profile, just like I did this morning with Home, and she gets everything automatically).
Do we know if multiple accounts can access the same database in Home (like, I transfer a bunch of Bulbasaurs from Bank to my profile on my Home - and then from the Switch both of us can drop the Bulbasaur in Sword) or different accounts have access to different "Homes" for Pokemon?

EDIT: It would also help to share Starters, breeding mons, etc...
Yes, Home accesses any user account on LGPE and SWSH with no restrictions; premium or basic

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So I can't be the only one just slightly offput by how sudden all of this was, right? Honestly, everything about Home's PR strikes me as odd. Like, it's supposed to be a pretty big deal especially in light of Dexit and yet there was so much secrecy around it until just a week or 2 ago. Even when they did finally reveal stuff it wasn't via a magazine or high-profile announcement, or even in the prior Pokemon Direct: It just kinda happened. And after all that secrecy and vagueness with no firm release date, they just dump it out like this??

I could be very well reading too deeply into this. Did Bank get a similar treatment PR-wise when it was still new? How much of a stretch is it to suggest there may have been problems behind the scenes getting Home to function, especially considering some of the bugs currently present like the Hyper Training bungle-up?

So I can't be the only one just slightly offput by how sudden all of this was, right? Honestly, everything about Home's PR strikes me as odd. Like, it's supposed to be a pretty big deal especially in light of Dexit and yet there was so much secrecy around it until just a week or 2 ago. Even when they did finally reveal stuff it wasn't via a magazine or high-profile announcement, or even in the prior Pokemon Direct: It just kinda happened. And after all that secrecy and vagueness with no firm release date, they just dump it out like this??

I could be very well reading too deeply into this. Did Bank get a similar treatment PR-wise when it was still new? How much of a stretch is it to suggest there may have been problems behind the scenes getting Home to function, especially considering some of the bugs currently present like the Hyper Training bungle-up?
Agreed.

Coupled with the fact that I've just gotten Sword and there are two of us in the family using the same consolle and game, I'm kind of overwhelmed.

Like: woke up this morning: "Bro, Home's out! How it is possible? It certainly looked like we were heading for late February."

Download on Consolle, download on phone. Head out for work.

"Wait sis, let me access everything first, since I'm the parent account. Well, do I access first from phone or consolle? Should we buy the plan? Who is this Matrix Oak?"
"Are we sure we can share bank and home from different profiles?"
"Wait a second let's try GTS Squirtle for a Sword exclusive, like Ponyta." "Are hoards of Litten already more traded than cover legendaries? LOL"
"Why isn't Bank working? Wait, necessary update for Bank too!"

We have not even begun using it, save for the stupid GTS try, but I tried launching it from the Switch and it's different than the phone version, which is another overcomplication.

You're certainly not wrong, it's highly likely they didn't actually know when it would have been ready but since they set themselves a deadline ("February, here or there"), they released the first decent functioning version to avoid delays. It blatantly looks so.

Yeaaah, I really could have done with a more solid release date to better prepare. As-is I'm a little overwhelmed; though I'll admit I have very large collections so that's partly on me

I think there is something being overly complicated and just being rushed out the door. Not that being both is off the table...would be very "on brand", so to speak.

Side note, looks like there are a number of Gift pokemon but....all of them but the Pikachu are mobile exclusive??
I mean ok the Pichu has nothing special, but just another for the pile of bizarre decisions

I mean ok the Pichu has nothing special, but just another for the pile of bizarre decisions
Not really Bizarre actually.

For a casual player, the Home non-premium app is really all you need.
Having incentives on mobile app gives them a reason to actually launch it.

(That said, mobile App will be likely required in order to transfer from Go, either ways)

Not really Bizarre actually.

For a casual player, the Home non-premium app is really all you need.
Having incentives on mobile app gives them a reason to actually launch it.

(That said, mobile App will be likely required in order to transfer from Go, either ways)
Ok but why not have an incentive to launch it on switch? One does not need to exclude the other. The switch just arbitrarily doesnt have several features.

The appeal of the mobile app is you'll always have it on hand. Thats the incentive.

Ok but why not have an incentive to launch it on switch? One does not need to exclude the other. The switch just arbitrarily doesnt have several features.

The appeal of the mobile app is you'll always have it on hand. Thats the incentive.
The Switch app doesn't need any incentive since you have to use it in order to move the pokemon to SwSh itself.

As I said, for a casual player, there's legitimately no reason to ever download the mobile app outside of GTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)