Pet Mod [Gen 8] Double Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Pokemon guy for winning this slate. Now let's do something different for our next slate.

:decidueye: Slate 7: Decidueye and Primarina :primarina:

To celebrate the release of Pokemon Home, we will be taking a look at Decidueye and Primarina. Whereas Incineroar strives in Doubles, its companions, Decidueye and Primarina weren't anything to write home about with no significant buff in Gen 8. For this slate, their overall stats cannot be over 560, and you can only have one Pokemon for each submission. This will last for 5 days.

Pokemon: Decidueye
Stats: 80/117/83/80/90/115 (BST: 560)
New Moves: Fake Out, Dragon Dance
New Ability: Levitate

Pokemon:Primarina
Stats:90(+10)/74/74/146(+20)/116/60/560(+30)
New Moves:Slack Off
New Ability:Competitive
Overview:Primarina is using Milotics role of Competitive water type Milotic has more bulk and speed Primarina has a LOT more power and a secondary stab move

Last edited:
Oh oops

:decidueye:
Pokemon: Decidueye
Stats:
78/ 117 (+10)/ 75/ 100/ 100/ 90 (+20) Overall: 560 (+30)
New Moves: Wood Hammer, High Horsepower, Stomping Tantrum
New Ability: Defiant
Overview: This is my (sad) attempt at buffing Decidueye. Despite gaining Defiant, Decidueye struggles to defeat Incineroar similar to Bisharp. However, what Decidueye does provide is Tailwind for speed control and U-turn for pivoting, making it a good Choice Band user. Plus it does have to worry about Fake Out due to its immunity.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Not really going to vote, but maybe if you let both of them available for subs, maybe a few more choices would be open.

With 2 votes, Pokemon Guy wins this slate. Moving on to our next slate with regular rules.

:mudsdale: Slate 8: Ground-type :rhyperior:
Rise up High Horsepower gang, this slate will last for 6 days.

Pokemon forbade for this slate:
Excadrill
Arena Trap

Last edited:
Pokemon: Stunfisk-Galar
Stats: 110/110/105/60/100/25 (BST: 500)
New Moves: Meteor Mash, Trick Room, Fire Fang, Jaw Lock, U-turn
New Ability: Strong Jaw
Overview: N/A

Last edited:
CharSiuEmboar, your submission includes a Pokemon that hasn't been released in Swsh yet and I don't allow renaming for existing ability as that count towards custom element, please change it or I won't include your submission in voting slate.

:flygon:
Pokemon: Flygon
Stats: 80/ 120 (20) / 90 (+10)/ 95 (+15) / 90 (+10)/ 105 (+5) Overall: 580 (+60)
New Moves: Stomping Tantrum, Powder Snow, Haze, Mist
New Ability: Sheer Force
Overview: I'm a huge fan of a Ground-type special attacker, so I decided to make Flygon a budget Landorus Incarnate until it's released. It has Earth Power and Flamethrower that hit like a truck with Sheer Force and Life Orb. With Hidden Power gone, Powder Snow could serve as a replacement to it, though it doesn't hit hard due to the lack of x4 weak Ice mon... except itself. I could pick Icy Wind, but I like to see the more obscure move being forced to use. Flygon can act as a physical attacker, but it does have to be wary of Intimidate, burn, and the lack of physical move boosted by Sheer Force.

:hippowdon:
Pokemon: Hippowdon
Stats: 108/132 (+20)/ 128 (+10)/ 68/ 87 (+15)/ 57 Overall: 570 (+45)
Overview: With a simple stats buff, Hippowdon will be able to compete with Tyranitar as it has reliable recovery in Slack Off backed up by its fantastic overall bulk.

Last edited:

Pokemon:Golurk
Stats:149(+60)/134(+10)/90(+10)/55/80/55/563(+80)
New Moves:Trick Room,Spirit Shackle,Slack Off,
New Ability:Intimidate
Overview:Golurk is a more offensive take on a trick room setter as it can both set and abuse trick room at the same time

Pokemon:Gastrodon
Stats:131(+20)/83/68/132(+40)/112(+30)/39/565(+90)
New Moves:Power Gem,Flamethrower,Fire Blast
New Ability:Adaptability
Overview:Will Add Later

Last edited:
I know I think it allowed
No, that does count as a custom element because it's not present in the main game. Replace it with something like Spirit Shackle. Also extending the voting slate until Saturday. To avoid double posting, expect me to edit this post when I announce the result.

EDIT: To end the tie, my vote will go to Pokemon guy, though I think lolgod3 seems more balanced. So Pokemon guy wins this slate.

Furthermore, Double Trouble will have a hiatus for 2 weeks or so due to the lack of general interest.

EDIT 2: Extending the hiatus to 3 more weeks because DOU is suspect testing DOU and CORONA-19 totally not because I'm lazy that's trying to find excuses.

also wow, my first gold, thank you random redditor!

Last edited:
No, that does count as a custom element because it's not present in the main game. Replace it with something like Spirit Shackle. Also extending the voting slate until Saturday. To avoid double posting, expect me to edit this post when I announce the result.
also your vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)