Not open for further replies.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Omega's Eightfold Path to Management PR

credits for original concept go to Buddhax

The MPL managers will be ranked based on the following:
Right Understanding - Know the truth.
Right Thought - Free your mind from evil.
Right Speech - Say nothing that hurts others.
Right Action - Work for the good of others.
Right Livelihood - Respect life.
Right Effort - Resist evil.
Right Mindfulness - Practice meditation.
Right Concentration - Control your thoughts.

The PR will start from 8th, the manager group least exhibiting the qualities of those on the Eightfold Path to Management.

8. :sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck:

If it were not for Zarif, the Bucks management duo would rank much higher.
Zarif insult.png

zarif slaves.png

zarif attribute.png

In these screens, we clearly see that Zarif has not exhibited Right Thought. He has not freed his mind from evil, but instead uttered his evil thoughts. This in turn means he has not practiced Right Concentration, as he has not controlled his mind in the first place. Meditation is a good means by which to develop Right Mindfulness and we can clearly tell that Zarif has not meditated. Finally, Zarif has claimed that he will "beat your slaves with his slaves." This violates Right Speech, Action, Livelihood and Effort. Zarif has enslaved and threatened people and clearly taken no interest for their well-being.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 0/8

You might say to yourself, "But Omega-sensei, do the Bucks exhibit Right Understanding?" My answer is no.

I cannot make heads or tails of the Bucks Right Understanding. Sadly, Zarif already failed them in all of the other 7 categories, and while I do think Havens is a swell lad, it is unfortunately not enough to combat Zarif's chaotic evil.

7. Meteor Falls Miniors :minior:

The Miniors have Bucks syndrome; that is, if it were not for one manager in the pair, this duo would likely be ranked much higher. Ridley certainly displays many of the qualities of the Eightfold Path to Management. He controls his thoughts, does not utter things that would hurt others and respects peoples' decisions.

However, where do we begin with Attribute?
more snakes.png

attribute nails.png

clearly feet.png

One who desires more snakes in their community does not have the Right Understanding. Do we want more Snakifs? Attribute has clearly not meditated or freed his mind from evil, as he has not been able to control himself when things have not gone his way. A mere change of his name caused him to have an outburst. I will say though that Attribute is hard at work in his builder and I am sure no doubt often helps his teammates. I can say that in some ways he does display Right Action.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 1/8

6. Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:

Where can I begin with Perish Song and Decem? I do believe that as ROs of Monotype, their burden is great and they do what they can to achieve the Right Understanding and Right Effort. They do their best to grasp the truth of a situation and make great efforts to advance the community for others. The other categories, however, I find lacking.

decem biggest snake.png

PS untrue.png

PS toxic.png

It would seem Perish Song and Decem have not meditated and controlled their thoughts or actions. Snaking and namecalling are two actions that clearly indicate that one is not practicing Right Mindfulness, Concentration, Thought, Speech, Action or Livelihood. I have a bit of a gripe with Perish Song calling somebody besides myself India's biggest fanboy. This would typically mean that I would fail a manager duo in this category due to one manager not displaying Right Understanding, but I will not make matters personal.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 2/8

5. Trick House Treeckos :treecko:

Piper and Wanka both exercise Right Action, Livelihood and Concentration. I can for sure say that they try to take actions that will benefit the most people possible, respect others' decisions and once they set their mind to a task, they will see it through. I would also say that Piper exhibits many other positive qualities.

sakura petals.png

However, Wanka is very aggressive and has not freed his mind from evil. He has a total disregard for others' feelings.

wanka pussy.png

anotha one.png

wanka is wrong.png

In regards to the last post, wanka is factually incorrect. Zarif was the pioneer of "Bangladeshi Offense," a team that peaked #1 on the ORAS OU ladder. This post is proof: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ense-peaked-at-number-1.3664563/#post-8471598. Wanka has not demonstrated "Right Understanding."

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 3/8

4. Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:

kev sparking.png

kev arguing.png

no preplaying matches.png

While Kev and Izaya have Right Mindfulness, Thought, Speech and Livelihood in regards to their own interactions, it seems that they have not encouraged Right Understanding, Action, Livelihood or Efforts in interactions between others. To improve from their current standing, Kev and Izaya need to promote others' good behavior, rather than goad them into the wrong sorts of behavior.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 4/8

3. Hearthome Honchkrows :honchkrow:

Lycan and Sabella are extremely talented, hardworking members of this community. They ascertain the truth with the breadth of their knowledge and so demonstrate Right Understanding. They make Right Speech, take Right Actions and show Right Livelihood and Efforts from the input they've had on the tier throughout their time in Monotype. However... lads?

dracovish sexy.png

eskimo brothers.png

To traverse the last 3 paths of Thought, Mindfulness and Concentration, Lycan and Sabella will need to purify themselves of such perverse thoughts and utterances. Speaking one's desire is a manifestation of the thought that elicited it in the first place.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 5/8

2. Goldenrod Gengars :gengar:

As tier leaders, Chait and Zap elicit Right Understanding. They must put forth Right Action, Livelihood, Effort, Mindfulness and Concentration in order to take this glorious tier to even greater heights. However, I have questions about the Thought and Speech of two of our tier's great leaders.

buy you the purse.png

chait garbage.png

As a side note, Lycan, I see you. That - zap irl is just so you can get in your boob talk too. Do we see a great leader only pick up on boobie lyrics? Our other great leader tearing down his comrades? Zap and Chait must traverse the last two paths of Right Thought and Right Speech. Good luck on your journeys, bhaiyas.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 6/8

1. Hau'oli Houndooms :houndoom:

Does this really need to be discussed? While I am not sure that maroon always elicits Right Though and Speech (that can be said for basically all the other manager duos), Harpp was the only one I could think of who easily elicits all 8. Harpp has a great YouTube channel where he selflessly takes his time to interview MPL managers so that all of us can get to know these decorated individuals better. In doing so, he clearly demonstrates Right Understanding, Thought, Speech, Action, Livelihood, Effort, Mindfulness and Concentration. He seeks to know the truth about others, puts forth kind words and actions free of evil, acts diligently and with one mindset and goal in view. He respects the other managers views and resists snaking, unlike so many others.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePRbDnoYPrK7ORCPTKbynQ - Check out Harpp's work here.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 8/8

The making of this PR was not an easy task. I would like to thank my good friend Chras for starting a good deed in improving this thread. Hopefully we can see it become even better and better. For all of you managers still on the Eightfold Path to Management, I wish you well. Chras and I will be waiting in New Mauville on the completion of your journey.

me irl cwl.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
7. Meteor Falls Miniors :minior:

The Miniors have Bucks syndrome; that is, if it were not for one manager in the pair, this duo would likely be ranked much higher. Ridley certainly displays many of the qualities of the Eightfold Path to Management. He controls his thoughts, does not utter things that would hurt others and respects peoples' decisions.

However, where do we begin with Attribute?

One who desires more snakes in their community does not have the Right Understanding. Do we want more Snakifs? Attribute has clearly not meditated or freed his mind from evil, as he has not been able to control himself when things have not gone his way. A mere change of his name caused him to have an outburst. I will say though that Attribute is hard at work in his builder and I am sure no doubt often helps his teammates. I can say that in some ways he does display Right Action.

Number of Eightfold Paths to Management met by both managers: 1/8

[/HIDE]​
Couldn't have said any better pal
1591407585654.png

Piper and Wanka both exercise Right Action, Livelihood and Concentration.
Thank you for a great PR omega, but I must disagree on one point. Piper clearly does not have Right Concentration and has no ability to control his thoughts.

piper censor.png

Because of this, I feel the record must be changed and the treecko's should drop a spot in the rankings because of this bad behaviour.

Yours truly,
Chras

Attachments

Last edited:
well instead of claiming that these logs are fake,I've decided to take pride in my taste and I'm going to instead just add on another good take I had earlier today, you're all welcome
View attachment 252349
Piper.. we were just out here making jokes, you do remember there are kids on this platform like Maki's Fox and Attribute..

Omega-Xis He should drop one more rank because this does not seem like a Right Action to me...

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for a great PR omega, but I must disagree on one point. Piper clearly does not have Right Concentration and has no ability to control his thoughts.

Because of this, I feel the record must be changed and the treecko's should drop a spot in the rankings because of this bad behaviour.

Yours truly,
Chras
well instead of claiming that these logs are fake,I've decided to take pride in my taste and I'm going to instead just add on another good take I had earlier today, you're all welcome
Piper.. we were just out here making jokes, you do remember there are kids on this platform like Maki's Fox
:psyduck:

Last edited:
Hello all, as we all know this mpl is known for its legacy and keeping traditions. For that reason, I will be bringing back the long awaited Do Not Draft List. Every so often until the draft commences I will list off people who, no matter what immaculate thing they try, should not be drafted.

First on the list....Fylkir Pudin.
Timezone: +10
Anyone with such a shit timezone is already disqualified from the tour. He was also part of the choking trifecta on chait's blt team.
The next announced name will be tomorrow.

Hello all, as we all know this mpl is known for its legacy and keeping traditions. For that reason, I will be bringing back the long awaited Do Not Draft List. Every so often until the draft commences I will list off people who, no matter what immaculate thing they try, should not be drafted.

First on the list....Fylkir Pudin.

Anyone with such a shit timezone is already disqualified from the tour. He was also part of the choking trifecta on chait's blt team.
The next announced name will be tomorrow.
thank fucking christ

Uh odd, I thought being first to signup, increase your chance of being drafted in mock
:blobthinking:
Nah its called Pandering
It works out really well, I pandered last year and didn't get drafted see its a wonderful success story that ends with a happy ending

This year Im gonna find each persons like and just spam their dms with photos they might like.... now can someone tell me things Chait, Attribute and others might like to see spammed in their Dms or do I just need to write 4 page college essays 1 and a half margin word documents in Times New Roman 12 point font explaining how im qualified.

I can even do them as business letters if needed too

Nah its called Pandering
It works out really well, I pandered last year and didn't get drafted see its a wonderful success story that ends with a happy ending

This year Im gonna find each persons like and just spam their dms with photos they might like.... now can someone tell me things Chait, Attribute and others might like to see spammed in their Dms or do I just need to write 4 page college essays 1 and a half margin word documents in Times New Roman 12 point font explaining how im qualified.

I can even do them as business letters if needed too
I can already see you get infracted for harassment

Days for Dabs

Banned deucer.
Looking at this list of managers makes me liken my chances of getting drafted to the odds of Sam Presti drafting a player who can shoot and who is not in fact long and athletic; it would be uncharacteristic.

While my record in the last MPL was lacking, I have since learned from the experience in how to properly deal with the pressures which a team tour brings to the fore.

My abilities in SM Mono are as good as the best of them, and as such I feel that I deserve a place in this tournament. Unfortunately my unjust ban in the monotype room has prevented me from participating in tours such as BLT where I could make this fact apparent. So instead I will be conducting an unusual method for trying out for this tour.

Every team is welcome to send their selections for SM Mono slots my way to battle in order to prove our worth. I expect that most of you would happily ignore my request, so in order to incentivize participation I am willing to pay $20 to any opponent you send my way who manages to defeat me in a bo5 series. All I ask in return is for you all to take the results of my matches into consideration.

Ghost away,
DfD

Last edited:
Looking at this list of managers makes me liken my chances of getting drafted to the odds of Sam Presti drafting a player who can shoot and who is not in fact long and athletic; it would be uncharacteristic.

While my record in the last MPL was lacking, I have since learned from the experience in how to properly deal with the pressures which a team tour bring to the fore.

My abilities in SM Mono are as good as the best of them, and as such I feel that I deserve a place in this tournament. Unfortunately my unjust ban in the monotype room has prevented me from participating in tours such as BLT where I could make this fact apparent. So instead I will be conducting an unusual method for trying out for this tour.

Every team is welcome to send their selections for SM Mono slots my way to battle in order to prove our worth. I expect that most of you would happily ignore my request, so in order to incentivize participation I am willing to pay $20 to any opponent you send my way who manages to defeat me in a bo5 series. All I ask in return is for you all to take the results of my matches into consideration.

Ghost away,
DfD
Ask Attribute, he will be happy to do a bo101 to judge if you're in his standarts...

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus

While my record in the last MPL was lacking, I have since learned from the experience in how to properly deal with the pressures which a team tour bring to the fore.

Ghost away,
DfD
404.jpg

Hello guys. I know I have been undrafted for quite some time, but this time I am really trying to put some effort. Not sure if this is going to change a thing in the real draft but I definitely believe my skill level is at least acceptable for this tournament. Also not going to pull any unorthodox methods but I believe some of these managers need to put their grudges aside and grow up. All I am asking is a chance to have good records and do my best.

That's about it.

dfd ur at least lucky u got a chance to play it once.

A lot of you may not know me, and this may not change anything in the draft. I have been on this server for a long time (2013) and I have seen many sweats grab for glory in this metagame. I try to use a lot of different teams and feel my way more back into pokemon since I have had college and such and I do think I am worthy of getting drafted. Just know when you draft me, the sweat level is going to be so real you don't understand im pulling out 18 years of anime, card games, and my 6 month chess career so you better be ready. nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)