NOC Death on the Dance Floor [Game Over: X Wins]

i'm kind of free again so here's a quick reads list, if anyone wants me to re-examine a slot I can make it a priority but if not i'll just do that as I feel like it

HeaLnDeaL - I was just happy they were giving more today but as dopog pointed out their scum reads do seem very shallow, I should examine this slot again
iso soon
U-Turn Out - no offense but i've read all of your posts and for the life of me I can remember almost nothing from them
you want to lynch me and I think you said something about energy I agreed with?
iso immediately
Mega-Pokebattlerz - as I said earlier their tone reminds me of when I was a newer town player and if they were mafia I feel like they'd either be zeroposting or playing much more aggressively, it's kind of a gut read but I think mega is town
BLOODYRAIN10001 - town
smogon account - asked good questions d1, pushing people for reads, gamesolving, overall very town vibe, although not as much as mega
dopog - you felt like you were lurking under the radar but that's probably posting style more than intent
I wasn't getting a scum vibe from heal but I think the point about shallow scumreads is really valid, I was side-eyeing the read on you earlier too
do you mind reminding me why you're reading mega as scum, I really disagree with that read but it might just be my gut talking and not my brain, i'm curious about your opinion
MoodyCloud - i'm conflicted about this slot
they said some scummy stuff d1 but seem like they've been legitimately trying to gamesolve today
some of the things pinging me scum from them d1 were stuff about immediately buddying energy and pushing the haruno lynch before haruno made it clear they weren't going to do shit, but the haruno lynch was fair enough and if it's their meta he might have known beforehand, and they're clearly not buddying energy now
this could be a town slot
look at again
Tennyson - irritating, hasn't contributed much, and refuses to answer my questions so i'd be fine with a lynch on them but i'm afraid of making the same mistake as haruno and we can't really afford that
null-annoying, there is a fair chance that this could be scum but the thought of fucking this up with haruno d1 ---> tennyson d2 is really making me cringe
Energy - i'm confused about this slot for the time being, I legitimately have no idea why they're pushing on dopog
i'm not saying it's wrong to push them, I dunno, but please make your intent more clear
or someone else make it more clear for me
either way

we're back to square 1, the reason I'm alive is this would be too easy if I were dead.

unvote
vote dopog

I'm also content pushing Heal. I just don't think moody is scum and theres scum in moody/heal.
I'm pretty positive on Heal and Dopog scum team.

Heal seems much more confident about his reads this game than he has as town. I think the reason for this is that he is scum himself, so hes not pressure to "make the right read" he usually seems more over the place.
for the love of god just elaborate
why is there scum in heal/me ? in the same sentence you're saying you're townreading me ??

the second post is fair enough but still seems lazy
do you think heal is bussing dopog by putting him in his lynch pool today ?

what do you think of dopog and uto exactly ? also, what is your read on smogonaccount ?
It's hard to form reads on them since they barely post. I can excuse dopog for this because that just seems to be how he plays, although the seemingly random vote for me is... disturbing. UTO on the other hand has done jack shit for the entire game outside of posting reads and voting haruno in order to save his own ass.

smogon account is the "you" i mentioned in my reads (they were a reply to one of his posts). He's null, don't like his attitude but hasn't really acted super scummy so far and seems to be contributing regularly.

i'm kind of free again so here's a quick reads list, if anyone wants me to re-examine a slot I can make it a priority but if not i'll just do that as I feel like it

HeaLnDeaL - I was just happy they were giving more today but as dopog pointed out their scum reads do seem very shallow, I should examine this slot again
iso soon
U-Turn Out - no offense but i've read all of your posts and for the life of me I can remember almost nothing from them
you want to lynch me and I think you said something about energy I agreed with?
iso immediately
Mega-Pokebattlerz - as I said earlier their tone reminds me of when I was a newer town player and if they were mafia I feel like they'd either be zeroposting or playing much more aggressively, it's kind of a gut read but I think mega is town
BLOODYRAIN10001 - town
smogon account - asked good questions d1, pushing people for reads, gamesolving, overall very town vibe, although not as much as mega
dopog - you felt like you were lurking under the radar but that's probably posting style more than intent
I wasn't getting a scum vibe from heal but I think the point about shallow scumreads is really valid, I was side-eyeing the read on you earlier too
do you mind reminding me why you're reading mega as scum, I really disagree with that read but it might just be my gut talking and not my brain, i'm curious about your opinion
MoodyCloud - i'm conflicted about this slot
they said some scummy stuff d1 but seem like they've been legitimately trying to gamesolve today
some of the things pinging me scum from them d1 were stuff about immediately buddying energy and pushing the haruno lynch before haruno made it clear they weren't going to do shit, but the haruno lynch was fair enough and if it's their meta he might have known beforehand, and they're clearly not buddying energy now
this could be a town slot
look at again
Tennyson - irritating, hasn't contributed much, and refuses to answer my questions so i'd be fine with a lynch on them but i'm afraid of making the same mistake as haruno and we can't really afford that
null-annoying, there is a fair chance that this could be scum but the thought of fucking this up with haruno d1 ---> tennyson d2 is really making me cringe
Energy - i'm confused about this slot for the time being, I legitimately have no idea why they're pushing on dopog
i'm not saying it's wrong to push them, I dunno, but please make your intent more clear
or someone else make it more clear for me
either way
these reads feel pretty basic and you still don't seem to be commiting anywhere? can you list town-> scum list in your next post?
It's hard to form reads on them since they barely post. I can excuse dopog for this because that just seems to be how he plays, although the seemingly random vote for me is... disturbing. UTO on the other hand has done jack shit for the entire game outside of posting reads and voting haruno in order to save his own ass.

smogon account is the "you" i mentioned in my reads (they were a reply to one of his posts). He's null, don't like his attitude but hasn't really acted super scummy so far and seems to be contributing regularly.
I'd rather someone else get lynched over me any day so don't think the haruno point has much merit? I think I've made my stances clear and don't see you commenting on any sections of my reads yet you feel content to push me for reasons I'm still not really sure of? Still pretty confident in my read on you but I can't defend myself when everyone's saying "he's making excuses" and I'm actually busy, so...

I'm quite confused as to why people have bloody town when most of their posts have simply been catchup summaries and their one reads post is lazy af with quite little content and is still unclear

Yo! : )

Nothing I've really seen has shifted me from this.

vote Mega-Pokebattlerz

Mega-Pokebattlerz, why the Moody townlean?

Ok here are some things that stuck out to me:

HeaL's scum reads feel not well thought through at all. It just doesn’t seem there is any critical process about whether the difference in my posting style reflects scum motivation, or whether or not making excuses is something scum uto would do. I guess if they sincerely believe it there is something there about the lack of new information in uto's reads post, but it seems really hypocritical to latch onto someone as a scumread for their lack of contribution, when HeaL also added very little information to the game D1.

Like I’m pretty sure this is scummy. Like HeaL is in my top 3 scum reads. but I really would appreciate someone lobbing in with their opinion on this - like given just how easy/shallow these scum reads are - this comes from scum right? (I really despise going into not well thought through enough to be scum sort of logic so I need help cutting through it)

This bleeds into the next one

Energy: Where are you seeing HeaL’s confidence in their reads? What specifically is pinging that for you?

Moodycloud: I get that M2H was fine with me being lynched but I think it’s misleading to suggest that M2H had a huge scumread on me given M2H’s #257?

Also why didn’t you answer my questions re: whether you had scum reads and about haruno? I don’t care if the answer was obvious, the lack of engagement on it is weird.

smogon account: does it make more sense to vote mega given they're in both your possible scumteams, or is it a situation where you're more confident that HeaL is just scum so you just go with that? I want to hear you out on that

bloody and smogon are in my re-read pile
bloody I probably skated over too easily because of posting style
but smog acc was particularly someone I wanted to reread after seeing this post from when they were on the main wagon -
HeaLnDeaL thoughts on this post?

I guess there's a possibility for heal to be offering a lynch pool of townie+partner, but it's not something I would risk doing
I think it's fair to arrive at the conclusion that heal is trying to guide town toward a mislynch today and win in the night
kind of conflicted on heal and dopog right now. If you look at the EoD votes yesterday it's not a terrible situation to bus because me and bloody are the two candidates probably (and tennyson doesn't seem to intend to stop tunneling) and heal's case on dopog is incredibly weak. Think both of them are scummy as well. There's also dopog's last few posts where he makes good points about Heal's weak case which looks good on him but then he defaults to a mega scumread which is ???. So idk. Probably at least 1 is scum though, with bloody.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
just checking in and have 4 pages to read, so I probably won't reply to everthing. Just the things I think are exceptionally bad/weird, or things that make me think.

I'm pretty positive on Heal and Dopog scum team.

Heal seems much more confident about his reads this game than he has as town. I think the reason for this is that he is scum himself, so hes not pressure to "make the right read" he usually seems more over the place.
Moody and others repeatedly bashed me over the head to make reads so I did. Apparently me making reads means I'm more sure of myself? Disagree with that logic, I think you're jumping over things here.

this is always 2 towns
dumbo post alert
heal/dopog never scum together
I know this statement is true based on me being town, but how you think this is kinda weird to me since you're sold I'm scum, so you're basically calling dopog town without any reasoning?
I don't lead and you know that
This is ridiculously false since we both you that the most contact we'd ever had was in the game where I was SK, and you were leading the town there 100%.
I guess there's a possibility for heal to be offering a lynch pool of townie+partner, but it's not something I would risk doing
I think it's fair to arrive at the conclusion that heal is trying to guide town toward a mislynch today and win in the night

okay like hold up and hold my beer bro. You think i'm trying to guide town to a mislynch today *without me even voting* and without an wagons (1 votes don't count as wagons) at the time you made this post? GET REAL.
the initial conclusion was a team with heal+poke+(dopog, uturn, maaaaybe tennyson)
after heal says "we should lynch dopog uturn" in mylo, that makes me revise my conclusion to heal+poke+tennyson
unless you think heal is bussing in mylo?
We are not in mvolo. If we mislynch here, I think there's a very real assumption that the vig holsters tonight to avoid having town lose in the night. Like wtf.
HeaLnDeaL thoughts on this post?
The post you are quoting sounds like a lot of "HEAL IS SCUM" but don't mind me while I vote someone else and don't explain that vote at all.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I dare everyone who scumreads me to vote me right now, will be a good way of finding all the bad townies.

I see a LOT of flack against me, but not a lot of votes :thonk: I also really don't buy any of the bullshit critiques on me either, as they all seem to boil down to "heal didn't give reads on day 1 and now his day 2 reads are matching up with his day 1 vote and they aren't pages long worth of fluff so they have to be shallow reads lewl try harder git gud like me" and then such people write 1 page+ long posts and imply it's all brilliant when I don't think they make any sense.

In the event votes do turn to me, when I inevitably flip town I expect the vig to holster.

I am highly sus of people making a boatload of scum in 1 of these 2 player BS lines, too. I think the milder/less quantity partner equity stuff is maybe more useful, but the stand alone "one of heal or doggo has to be town and the other scum" (from smogon I think?) or "one of heal or moody has to be town and the other scum" (from energy I think) really doesn't make any sense to me. Like you think i'm scum because I'm going after uto/dopog, and then you treat them like autotown without any reasoning? Idk. Smogon hasn't even laid out a single case against me, other than thinking that I'm BSing town into a mis-vote out on uto or dopog, and smogon frames it as if i'm some mastermind who singlehandedly came up with these targets all by myself and that i'm pushing them so hard and effectively and creating wagons that don't even exist in the vote count.

I'm used to getting some heat from people thinking I open the game weird, but I'm also used to actually having votes on me to go with the heat when it comes? Idk this feels weird, I feel like I'm very oddly at the center of attention for so many people. idk, keep your eyes on me all you want, don't think it's going to pay off and help you.

Also a bit surprised moody and mega are my knightly defenders, idk maybe it's the angel of my bestie m2h looking out for me after all. I'm sure m2h is rolling in the dead chat criticizing me, and I guess I have to deserve it at least a bit. But at the same time, I don't really know what you all really want from me. I gave my reads and I believe in them.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
MoodyCloud

While I firmly believe that we can definitely have the dopog votes or maybe even the uto votes already, I want to genuinely talk about a different option. Maybe not even an option for today, maybe it's something shelved to tomorrow if today goes poorly. Maybe smogon can explain it away sufficiently today so that it's no longer a problem, idk.

The #1 thing that has pinged me today as being weird was smogon's insistence that we are in misvote out and lose right now. I don't see how this is a townie mindset at all. I'm reluctant to call it a scumslip since I think players overvalue random NAI shit so much and incorrectly label them scumslips, but I just can't understand why a townie would actually think that we're in mvolo, especially after yesterday (I mean earlier in day 2, just 24 hours+ earlier from this moment; yesterday in irl time and not yesterday in game time) I seem to recall someone, likely even you moody, made it very clear that the vig should holster in the event of a mis-vote out. Saying that so clearly seems to be the correct town call, and so thinking anything other than that doesn't appear to be town mindset.

I'm really struggling to see town mindset from smogon. All of their posts seem to me to be more like weird misdirects, idk it's hard for me to describe. I'm kinda torn on calling smogon having outright scum mindset mostly because I think any scum who read that we'd be holstering would know better than to make a comment about us being in mvolo. One thought is that smogon was scum just lazily focusing on me and not actually reading the whole thread and so he missed that. But idk, I don't want to go down the route where we need very specific narratives for this to make sense since narrow paths can ignore a broader truth.

And obviously smogon can read and comment on his own about why he thought this was a legitimate mvolo, too. maybe I'm overvaluing that one line, maybe it was just a fleeting fear from a townie with anxieties about losing. But I still don't understand how he could legitimately have that thought.

for the love of god just elaborate
why is there scum in heal/me ? in the same sentence you're saying you're townreading me ??

the second post is fair enough but still seems lazy
do you think heal is bussing dopog by putting him in his lynch pool today ?
i think that the mafia teams need to have a certain skill level and you and heal are top 2 players so heal is scum

Updated Votal

BLOODYRAIN100001 - 1 (Tennyson)
U-Turn Out - 1 ( Mega-Pokebattlerz)
HeaLnDeaL - 2 (smogon account, U-Turn Out)
dopog- 2 (Energy, MoodyCloud)
Mega-Pokebattlerz - 1 (dopog)

Bold indicates the player up for elimination. As mentioned in the ruleset, ties are determined by FIFO order. See post #422 for an explanation of FIFO order. Ping me if you notice any mistakes in the tally.

Approximately 27 hours until deadline.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200614T14&p0=403&font=cursive

I'm down with a CFD on dopog, if only to try and solve the Energy/dopog dichotomy. Eg. If dopog flips scum Energy is probably town, but if he flips town Energy's probably going in tomorrow's lynch pool.

Besides, it doesn't look like a Bloody or UTO vote is going to happen atm.

vote: dopog

I'm down with a CFD on dopog, if only to try and solve the Energy/dopog dichotomy. Eg. If dopog flips scum Energy is probably town, but if he flips town Energy's probably going in tomorrow's lynch pool.

Besides, it doesn't look like a Bloody or UTO vote is going to happen atm.

vote: dopog
if he flips town isnt the game over LOL

gonna look at uturn's posts before going over the last page worth of stuff, want to get some sort of read on them first

from their first few posts I see them calling dawning kind of scummy for not being willing to form a towncore at all, I probably would've agreed with that but it's kind of hard to evaluate now given that they're confirmed as town so i'll be biased
then there's this kind of weird vote on m2h, it's a hot take that I don't particularly like, not sure if it's AI? I'll say a little scummy I guess?
>energy and haruno are kind of null until d2 we should vote someone else
with the power of hindsight we should have voted someone else
but unfortunately haruno deserved it at the time
I guess going against the lynch is townie but since I agreed with it my brain is also going "going for the lynch was townie", which means everything is townie and I can't really make reads off of it
> if we think anyone is likely to be scum then that surely has to be a better lynch than a zero poster
this was fair and addresses why I don't like policy lynches, I like this post
unfortunately I ended up thinking haruno was likely to be scum

after that they pushing on dawing, and then a big reads post
disagree with the tennyson town slip making him super townie, could be faked pretty easily
agree with most of the other town reads now that i'm starting to come around on moody
read on m2h is weird, I don't really get the reasoning on their scum read of me, both read as bad to me
> scrolling past page 22 bloody's post didn't commit to any reads, was mostly questions that don't seemed to be followed up on?
I committed to plenty of reads day one, what
I really don't like this posts that are just going "you didn't do anything" when I did
and then recently we have them once again telling me my reads aren't reads and I need to commit
and then suddenly vote on heal without much reasoning, they mentioned them as a scum candidate before but it just seems out of the blue
do you have any reasoning for that?
overall reading uto as kind of scummy

oh yeah, and they wanted me to make my reads clearer and 'commit', so sure, i'll make a town --> scum list

town
me

heavy townread
mega

light townread
smogon
moody [still need to look at you again but as I said this slot is feeling better to me]

nullish
dopog
energy [bullshit reasoning with the "mafia must be skilled and you're skilled so you get voted" and doesn't give a ton to work off of, I'm not sure if that's enough to ping me as scum though?]

scumlean
heal [I agree on the point of the reads being shallow, want to look at them again today]
uto [see above]
tennyson [your refusal to answer questions and your insistence on just tunneling me and coasting makes me read you as scummy, but I fucked up with haruno and you feel way, way too similar. My gut is telling you to not just let you coast off of your weird tunnel on me but other people seem to be reading you as town and we can't afford to mislynch you. For the time being i'll treat this as a null slut.]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)