NOC Death on the Dance Floor [Game Over: X Wins]

smogon account : can you explain your read on Bloody (I assume IC is a previous game somewhere) - has it shifted?
iirc in the IC game I said something along the lines of "too bad you rolled IC because you're obvious town anyway" just because of how easy it is to see bloodyrain's pure mindset coming through. No agenda, no faked content
like this comes across as completely genuine:
I guess going against the lynch is townie but since I agreed with it my brain is also going "going for the lynch was townie", which means everything is townie and I can't really make reads off of it

bloodtrain seeks to scumread as many people as he can get away with. emphasis on what he believes he can get away with. by not committing fully to any scumreads, he seeks it as a backdoor in case any lynch goes through and people try to domino to him. it's a pretty basic and shitty scum strat, but i guess it's working on all of you pretty well.

if you go through all of bloodtrain's posts, there isn't a read he makes that isn't accompanied by "but!!!!" in any single scumread. his read on me is "he's mean but he could be town!" this is pretty much every scumread he's made ever. he has not said "this guy is scum, and this is why." he's a noob, and he'll be the first domino to fall

keep in mind anyone that says bloodtrain is a wolf from this point on WITHOUT a vote is exactly the scum members i am hunting for. i recommend everyone keep their eyes ope

Up-to-date Votal

BLOODYRAIN100001 - 1 (Tennyson)
HeaLnDeaL - 2 (smogon account, U-Turn Out)
dopog- 4 (Energy, MoodyCloud, Mega-Pokebattlerz, HeaLnDeaL)
Mega-Pokebattlerz - 1 (dopog)

Bold indicates the player up for elimination. As mentioned in the ruleset, ties are determined by FIFO order. See post #422 for an explanation of FIFO order. Ping me if you notice any mistakes in the tally.

Approximately 15 hours until deadline.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200614T14&p0=403&font=cursive

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I stated the directions I wanted to go at the start of day. Energy wanted dopog since day 1.

The part where we're at VO-1 and hammer hasn't happened makes me think scum is against the vote out.

hi : )

1. Claim

I'm the tracker :'(
plox unvote
targeted Mega last night and got that they didn't visit anyone, which I guess maybe there's an argument they would have been most likely to do the kill, but they were pretty widely town read and so I landed on that I don't believe scum wouldn't risk that.

I know that I am responsible for being voted, these things don't occur just because other people are bad, and I am sorry to town : (

2. Overview of reads

The way I'm seeing the game is like this (the line implies a gap in confidence between my mega scum and HeaL scum, people on the same level are mostly indiscernible with left to right more scummy to less scummy, and once you drop below HeaL it's null territory, and I'm happy to explain anything if you got questions):

Scum
Mega
|
HeaLnDeaL
Moody
U-turn Out, Bloody
Smogon Account, Tennyson
Energy
Town

I'm not for wagon spec at the moment because there's more pressing things obv, but I guess given the layout of those reads it would imply all three scum are on my wagon - I doubt that though, so I would need to properly reassess in the unlikely event I made it through the night.

3. Some extra notes on others

Mega: I hope that you see Mega's lack of response to my arguments seems like they have nothing to say to actually refute what I've said - because they're scum. I guess maybe if they were town I would expect them to come back on the Energy thing, either bunkering down or reconsidering their stance on Energy, cause the other stuff is more subjective and nebulous. But voting with your scumread when you read them as scum precisely for their voting pattern is just scummy lol.

HeaL : their best argument for their superficial reads hasn't been to justify the reads, or fill it out, but to justify themselves. That feels scum motivated to me because they're not trying to show someone the way they think things are, but to establish their own rightness, manipulate what other people are seeing. On that background their vote of me seems really really easy, especially with their smogon account read feeling the most well thought out and HeaL outright calling them scum at points.
But the problem is, I can feel like I hope they're scum because they're posting pretty arrogantly, rather than me feeling like stuff they're doing is concrete scum stuff if that makes sense?
Like I just don't like stuff like this - implying a vig could have scumread them but rejecting any possibility that town could scumread them a day later:
I think the vig has questionable taste to not have vigged UTO, dopog, or even myself so I'm not terribly worried about keeping a stellar vig alive.
Quite frankly at this point I think everyone scumleaning me is scum since I'm playing to my town meta to a T.
And this may be more NAI then I want to believe :'(

Moody: I don't think they've done anything super town. They are expressing doubt about their reads and that is generally a good thing but it sometimes feels forced, like when Moody was telling Tennyson and M2H they were doubting their read on them, just seemed like they were trying to bring it to other people's attention, proving a logical pattern to reverse their read, rather than try work with Tennyson (not that Tennyson's answers were kind to Moody or that Tennyson has shown a willingness to work with others so I get that it's a hard spot)

Bloody: doesn't look like they have a proper scumread (they need to re-read Heal, and are treating Tennyson null, and they didn't like what uto said about them repeatedly), but this is the kinda context of a game - where there is a general lack of strong reasoning/logic and lack of strong opinions on alignment on from most of the players - where I can see them town and them landing on that

UTO: had some notable mismatches between text and final read - e.g. HeaL. I think if they didn't vote HeaL i would read their agreeing with me about HeaL but thinking I'm scum as bad but they did vote HeaL

Energy: Somehow seems both too lazy and too convinced of their own sense of correctness - and that reads town to me, I guess I would only reconsider in M or LYLO situations

4. Questions:

Tennyson : where do you want to go today if not bloody?

HeaLnDeaL : is smogon account your third guy from #559?

smogon account : how many times have you seen bloody play scum?

Moody : I really want to hear your why HeaL town!?

Zzzzz

I haven't seen bloody roll scum yet
Energy might actually be scum
I just put a lot of weight on their opener cause scum doesn't usually fake that
Can resolve them later, town for now, heal needs to die first

I think today should ideally be between UTO and dopog. This isn't the dopog I remember, and UTO has sprinkled in a number of excuses in their posts, i.e. saying they were too lazy to read all of the posts, saying they were busy playing eimm and going to a friend's house. UTO had one giant wallpost of reads, some of which are questionable (having m2h so low), but most of which didn't actually add new info to the game.

There's a third person I'm considering but I want to hear more them organically first.
There is absolutely nothing shallow about my reads. Wut is shallow is you and a few others calling them shallow with zero reasoning :eye_roll:

bloodtrain seeks to scumread as many people as he can get away with. emphasis on what he believes he can get away with. by not committing fully to any scumreads, he seeks it as a backdoor in case any lynch goes through and people try to domino to him. it's a pretty basic and shitty scum strat, but i guess it's working on all of you pretty well.

if you go through all of bloodtrain's posts, there isn't a read he makes that isn't accompanied by "but!!!!" in any single scumread. his read on me is "he's mean but he could be town!" this is pretty much every scumread he's made ever. he has not said "this guy is scum, and this is why." he's a noob, and he'll be the first domino to fall
sometimes I just don't have "solid" scum reads and that's that, assuming sometime is always scum is a recipe for disaster, but despite the quality of most of your posts I can see your point here
haruno's behavior was so, so scummy d1 and even after m2h said "it's their meta" a part of me was going "you can't just do that, right? haruno has to be scum even if I can't logically go 'they're lockscum', who plays like this" and so I went with the lynch with the knowledge that, objectively, they were just below the nullreads and that it'd be only a bit better than flipping a slot randomly, but my gut was going "they're scum, they're scum"
and then they flipped town
if it weren't for that i'd be trusting the scumreads I have on your behavior since the end of d1 up until now and voting you, but I can't feel confident in it, I know it's just moping and i'm sorry for acting disappointed that someone didn't flip the way I want but it's really messing with me that they could act like that and be town
so basically the read I was most confident in was just destroyed and now i'm second-guessing myself a lot, I still have them and i've stated them, and even if the haruno lynch had never happened i'd never be as aggro on one person as you are on me, i'm not a tunneler, but i'm probably being less assertive than usual
looked at heal again, they still seem kind of scummy but i'd prefer a uto lynch
unfortunately there are no votes on uto and given the time until deadline there probably won't be a chance to move the lynch to them
dopog seems fine and I like their post above [plus, given no counterclaim they're confirmed town- it's possible they could be scum trying to live a day longer by claiming so close to deadline and hoping the real tracker doesn't show up, but it's doubtful] so Vote: Heal to save dopog, uto feels worse to me but i'm scumreading heal too so i'm fine with the vote

UTO: had some notable mismatches between text and final read - e.g. HeaL. I think if they didn't vote HeaL i would read their agreeing with me about HeaL but thinking I'm scum as bad but they did vote HeaL
I don't understand this can you rephrase it? If you're asking about my heal vote I thought that his initial reads post was, yes, shallow, and he followed it up with two awful followup posts that were quite defensive. Not too interested in changing my vote rn but we'll see

I still want to go after uto for being the other big SR of m2h while having both dopog (town apparently) and bloody (I still think bloody is town) in his d1 lynch pool
I could be wrong about heal though, not as confident in this read as I am with bloodyrain

I don't want to go after either mega or smogacc as I've seen being suggested today, I only lynch that once I've gone full paranoid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)