Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Does anybody know if Sheer Force and Steel Roller interact to produce a damage buff to Steel Roller while not removing the terrain since destroying terrain is a secondary effect of this move?

So I have been trying to get multiple King Rocks through wild Hawlucha, and use the wanderer one from Hammerlocke to encounter them. With my itemless Compound Eyes Galvantula in the lead, I thought I would get one in no time.

But they never held one. I soft-reset in front of the Hawlucha and each time I encounter it, there's no Kings Rock. I don't think this is a bad luck scenario, so is there anything I'm missing?
It's much easier to use the Cram-o-matic in my opinion. Serebii's guide worked really well. https://serebii.net/swordshield/cram-o-matic.shtml

You need to lead with a "Dragon" Item, and get a score totaling 101-110. I Used: Aguav Berry (Dragon, 4) + Big Nugget (38) + Big Nugget (38) + Wishing Piece (28) = 108 with relatively easy to farm items.

Just noticed that like the new items; the Dragon Scale, Upgrade, Thick Club and Dubious Disc are sorted below Utility Umbrella in the 'other items' bag. Did they literally not exist in the game's code until Isle of Armour?

Just noticed that like the new items; the Dragon Scale, Upgrade, Thick Club and Dubious Disc are sorted below Utility Umbrella in the 'other items' bag. Did they literally not exist in the game's code until Isle of Armour?
Correct! The images were still kicking around as always but they were literally not programmed into the item index or whatever. It's how dataminers noticed...other things....for Tundra.

I know most of us played this after beating the game, but does the Isle of Armor put in any roadblocks requiring you to progress the main story before you can move on?

The only one I can actively think of is the post-urshifu segment which judging by how Hop speaks, the level 80 Vespiquen raid and of course Mustard's finale, is post-post game. BUt I was idly curious if say the third trial required you to beat Milo first or if Kubfu needed you to be beat Kabu or something.
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousCrispyIcecreamSpicyBoy
https://clips.twitch.tv/PiliableShakingBottleDBstyle
After you evolve Kubfu and return to the dojo, Hop won't appear to start the GMax Urshifu postgame story segment until you at least beat the game. (No idea if the Sordward and Shielbert part is required too.)

Here's a speedrun demonstrating that you can complete the whole non-postgame story up to evolving Kubfu the moment you first arrive at the Isle of Armor (which is right after you go through the Wild Area for the first time, before you meet Team Yell, Marnie, or do the Gym opening ceremony).

After you evolve Kubfu and return to the dojo, Hop won't appear to start the GMax Urshifu postgame story segment until you at least beat the game. (No idea if the Sordward and Shielbert part is required too.)

Here's a speedrun demonstrating that you can complete the whole non-postgame story up to evolving Kubfu the moment you first arrive at the Isle of Armor (which is right after you go through the Wild Area for the first time, before you meet Team Yell, Marnie, or do the Gym opening ceremony).
I can testify that you have to clear the post game side story to unlock Urshifu's Gigantamax as well as Restrictred Sparring. I haven't beaten Hop yet and he won't show up in the Isle of Armoe until you've beaten him in the finale.

Regarding the roaming spawns in wild area: if i save in front of a couple of them, and reload, do they get re-generated on reload or they conserve the stat?

Basically, is it possible to save in front of a roaming poke to shiny hunt?

Regarding the roaming spawns in wild area: if i save in front of a couple of them, and reload, do they get re-generated on reload or they conserve the stat?

Basically, is it possible to save in front of a roaming poke to shiny hunt?
You have to despawn overworld Pokemon first to reroll them. e.g., the aegislash in wild area you have to bike away until it vanishes and head back to make it reappear or it will be the same every time.

You have to despawn overworld Pokemon first to reroll them. e.g., the aegislash in wild area you have to bike away until it vanishes and head back to make it reappear or it will be the same every time.
Right, but in case of saving, fighting the roamer, then reloading the save, do I get the exact same pokemon, or does it get rerolled when I load back in?

Right, but in case of saving, fighting the roamer, then reloading the save, do I get the exact same pokemon, or does it get rerolled when I load back in?
If, for example, you save in front of the wild area Aegislash, then encounter it, then close the software without saving, reload the file, and encounter the Aegislash again without first despawning it, then it will be the exact same Aegislash every time. i.e., the stats are determined upon appearance in the overworld, not upon encounter. (I believe this applies generally for overworld spawns, such as if you were hunting wild toxel, but I have only tested it myself with the once-a-day spawns like Aegislash).

Is Greedent's HA, Gluttony, available now thanks to Isle of Armor? Some sources(really just Serebii) are telling me it isn't, making it the only unreleased HA besides Heatran, the Tapus, and the Galarian Fossils. Which would be a really odd case of being left out, but then I remember that Passimian and Oranguru didn't have their HA's available until they released a Bank event, because they never called themselves in SOS battles.

If Covet is converted to an Electric-type (through Electrify, Galvanize, or Ion Deluge/Plasma Fists for Covet) or Ice-type (through Refrigerate) move, will it activate a Cell Battery or Snowball, respectively, before it steals them? What about Electrified Knock Off and Thief?

TCTphantom

formerly MX42
Messing around with the Johto Safari Zone in HGSS, wanting you get a Riolu and Beldum. Is there a way to cheat with the clock for blocks to level up or am I gonna wait 70 days?

Several people have noted that following Pokemon in the Isle of Armor is another way besides Camp to exceed the 160 Friendship limit. Has any research been done as to how fast (and when) it accumulates, or if there's another cap from gaining friendship this way?

Random question, but is it somehow possible to get Mr. Rime at level 10?
I ask because of this request (Ignore the Tapu Koko part) I see everywhere in Pokemon HOME:
IMG_20200708_075122.jpg

I don't think so, no. It only evolves by level and only shows up in "the wild" through high ranking raids.

I thought Home had an update to its GTS To prevent impossible tradse like this but I guess not.
I guess it's time for some more mons to rot in the GTS?

There's also the asking of level 11-20 Tyranitar that's also likely not possible.

I thought Home had an update to its GTS To prevent impossible tradse like this but I guess not.
I wouldn't be surprised if the "impossible trades" only refer to mythicals / legendaries at lower level than they're regularly available to be fair.

That said, I do wonder if a person that has basically just reached wild area joins a t5 mr Rime raid from a friend and catches is, what level it'd end up at...

I wouldn't be surprised if the "impossible trades" only refer to mythicals / legendaries at lower level than they're regularly available to be fair.

That said, I do wonder if a person that has basically just reached wild area joins a t5 mr Rime raid from a friend and catches is, what level it'd end up at...
Isn't the level determined by a mix of raid level and the host's level?

Even if not, the one star raids I was catching when I reached the wild area the first time was still above level 10 by a fair margin

Isn't the level determined by a mix of raid level and the host's level?

Even if not, the one star raids I was catching when I reached the wild area the first time was still above level 10 by a fair margin
The level is the lowest between what'd the host raid allow, and what the personal save allow. Hence why I wonder what is the level of a 1 star raid would be

The level is the lowest between what'd the host raid allow, and what the personal save allow. Hence why I wonder what is the level of a 1 star raid would be
my hoot hoot and duskull were level like...15-18 as 1 star raids iirc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)