SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Disregarding any competitive implications, I think it's nice for it to lack the move. It shows that Yveltal is not malicious, that, despite being the Pokémonization of death itself, it's not taking lifeforce because it enjoys doing so. It's just its job.
I wouldn't say it's its job. It's just... what it does.

- Greninja does not get Flip Turn... and instead gets Skitter Smack. I don't know which one makes less sense.
- Zygarde is yet another Pokémon that gets Skitter Smack for some weird reason. At least Scorching Sands and Scale Shot make sense.
- So many things get Skitter Smack... but not Buzzwole. Why?
Skitter Smack has the user slink up behind the target to attack. A lot of stealthy or serpentine Pokemon already learn it, and Buzzwole doesn't look like the slinking type.

> Rising Voltage Koko and Expanding Force Lele
All damage calcs are against a type-less Mew. Just to give an idea of how ridiculous this shit will be.

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Electric Terrain: 312-368 (91.4 - 107.9%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Psychic Terrain: 420-495 (123.1 - 145.1%)

252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Rain: 409-483 (119.9 - 141.6%)

252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 253-300 (74.1 - 87.9%)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 349-412 (102.3 - 120.8%)

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew on a critical hit: 295-348 (86.5 - 102%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 412-486 (120.8 - 142.5%)

Whee

Everyone's talking about the unreleased mons getting the tutors but what really stuck out to me was that a lot of the pokemon currently in the game already have different moves listed than what they currently have. Just as I was scrolling I noticed that Ttar got Meteor Beam and Aegi got Poltergeist, moves that neither of them have atm, while also noticing some pokemon were missing moves, like Tsareena, Cinccino and Gallade all missing Triple Axel.

Normally I always take a healthy grain of salt for stuff like this (especially after the TM/TR leak awhile back) but from how many things this list seems to be incorrect with I might just have to take the whole salt shaker.
Yeah, I’ll say. Flip Turn Gyarados sent an eyebrow to the stratosphere.

So other things I've been noticing...

- Dragonite gets Dual Wingbeat, as expected. It also gets Scale Shot.
- Lugia gets Scale Shot, which I did not expect at all.
- Swampert does NOT get Scorching Sands in spite of it being a Ground-type Pokémon.
- Salamence gets Dual Wingbeat. Congratulations!
- Kyogre does not get Flip Turn.
- Groudon gets Scorching Sands. Unfortunately it gets the move in the same games it does not have access to Primal Reversion. Anything Goes beware (although they were already wary of Lava Plume, I guess).
- The Turtwig line inexplicably has access to Skitter Smack.
- The Piplup line gets no tutor moves. Not even Dual Wingbeat.
- Garchomp also gets the benefit of Scorching Sands. It could be neat for some tanky set if it weren't for something else also getting it...
- Lumineon gets Triple Axel, joining Milotic in the group of "Pokémon that can use kicking moves without legs"
- Palkia gets Dual Wingbeat... for some reason.
- Arceus ONLY gets Terrain Pulse.
- Serperior gets Grassy Glide (which is physical so it won't use such a move anyways) and Scale Shot (which works against Contrary). Give the good boi some good moves :(
- Landorus with Scorching Sands is everything that will be wrong in OU when it returns.
- Greninja does not get Flip Turn... and instead gets Skitter Smack. I don't know which one makes less sense.
- Zygarde is yet another Pokémon that gets Skitter Smack for some weird reason. At least Scorching Sands and Scale Shot make sense.
- Minior gets Meteor Beam. For a moment I was worried it wouldn't.
- All the Tapus get the tutor moves that are boosted by their terrains. That should be enough.
- Also, Tapu Fini gets Flip Turn. It likely won't get Teleport, so this should compensate.
- So many things get Skitter Smack... but not Buzzwole. Why?
- Kartana gets Grassy Slide. Just in case you wanted to run it alongside Tapu Bulu.
- Blacephalon gets Scorching Sands. Remember Tyranitar horribly walling it because it couldn't use HP Fighting and instead had to use the pathetic HP Grass? Now it gets something a little stronger that can even burn Tyranitar.
For Arceus I wouldn’t be surprised if it learns more based on the plate. For example, Dragon Arceus can learn Draco Meteor.

I feel like that only ever applied to the type specific tutor of Draco Meteor. Given Silvally, I imagine it'll also apply for Steel Beam. But I wouldn't count on it for the other ones.

Other interesting "losses" comparing this list to the final: Poltergeist Mimikyu and Aegislash, Scorching Sands Salazzle and Chandelure, Ferrothorn with Grassy Glide. Will be interesting to see what happens in DLC2, if they might do further revisions to the existing list (like all the stuff that got Triple Axel but don't have it marked here). I would assume that this one is older.

For Arceus I wouldn’t be surprised if it learns more based on the plate. For example, Dragon Arceus can learn Draco Meteor.
All formes are listed as only learning Terrain Pulse, so unless they make some special behavior for when Crown Tundra is released, it won't be the case.

All formes are listed as only learning Terrain Pulse, so unless they make some special behavior for when Crown Tundra is released, it won't be the case.
course this is all moot anyway, arceus does not seem to be coming back for crown tundra

I feel like that only ever applied to the type specific tutor of Draco Meteor. Given Silvally, I imagine it'll also apply for Steel Beam. But I wouldn't count on it for the other ones.

Other interesting "losses" comparing this list to the final: Poltergeist Mimikyu and Aegislash, Scorching Sands Salazzle and Chandelure, Ferrothorn with Grassy Glide. Will be interesting to see what happens in DLC2, if they might do further revisions to the existing list (like all the stuff that got Triple Axel but don't have it marked here). I would assume that this one is older.
Those moves would have been good for all of them. Scrapping them makes no sense

Those moves would have been good for all of them. Scrapping them makes no sense
Aegislash and Mimikyu are already pretty good as is (especially Mimikyu in BSS). I don't think they wanted to make them even better by giving them a 50% increase in power to their Ghost STAB. Its still pretty lame they got nothing though :(

Dual Wingbeat is an awesome addition to Dragonite, Salamence, Aerodactyl, and Gliscor's movepools. Gives all of them a decent Physical Flying-STAB. Not as good as Brave Bird, but considering these mons have better stats and movepools than a majority of Flying-types, that's fine. All of them have EQ and a setup move, so a good Flying-STAB will make them scarier after a boost.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
Last I checked, Ground, Poison, and Ice weren't immune to themselves.
ghost immune to trapping,
dark types immune to prankster,
grass is immune to spore,
electric types to paralize,
poison types removes toxic spikes

"Toxic Spikes has no effect against Flying-type, Poison-type, or Steel-type.

If a Poison-type Pokémon that is not also a Flying-type or has the Ability Levitate is switched in, it will absorb Toxic Spikes and the effect of Toxic Spikes will end. "

Ice is immune to hail damage...

rock is immune to sanstorm damage...

not to themself but have those cool effects... Wonder guard makes shedinja immune to ground, poison and ice, then why do their status moves affect it actually? makes no sense here... I get stealth rocks... sandstorm... but hail , toxic spikes and spikes? taking how many fast pkemon we got and that shedinja is countered by 5 common types they could change that.

If a Poison-type Pokémon that is not also a Flying-type or has the Ability Levitate is switched in, it will absorb Toxic Spikes and the effect of Toxic Spikes will end. "

not to themself but have those cool effects... Wonder guard makes shedinja immune to ground, poison and ice, then why do their status moves affect it actually? makes no sense here... I get stealth rocks... sandstorm... but hail , toxic spikes and spikes? taking how many fast pkemon we got and that shedinja is countered by 5 common types they could change that.
That was my half-asleep way of saying those effects exist outside of the type effectiveness chart, so it would make no sense for Wonder Guard (an ability that explicitly concerns itself with type effectiveness) to ignore them.

Also, this is the datamine thread. Why the fuck would anything you were talking about be relevant?

That was my half-asleep way of saying those effects exist outside of the type effectiveness chart, so it would make no sense for Wonder Guard (an ability that explicitly concerns itself with type effectiveness) to ignore them.

Also, this is the datamine thread. Why the fuck would anything you were talking about be relevant?
I do not have an answer, but in my very brief time on the forums I've noticed he has a history of doing this everywhere.
I was kind of proud when no one indulged him the first time.

Considering the stuff on the previous page, not really sure where to take the thread from here... so I'll just talk about my thoughts on the datamined roster for the Crowned Tundra

-Lots of Legendaries and even a few mythicals, but that was to be expected so no surprise there
-The Fossil pokemon seem a bit odd, but I'm sure there will be a reason why. My guess is that you'll collect the fossils as you explore the place.
-The gen 3 starters... okay? Not really sure how they'll fit in the Tundra, tho they might just be a transfer only thing like with Magearna in Isle of Armor
-The Ultra Beasts, same as the Fossil Pokemon. My guess for them is either they're transfer only, or they'll have some sort of role in the story (maybe something to do with Calyrex?)
-As for the rest of the pokemon, nothing to complain about. The rest of the pseudos are coming back along with some other pokemon like altaria and walrein. The only pokemon I don't agree with is the Magmar Electabuzz Jynx trio, but even then that's only because Jynx is that much of an abomination.
Overall, a solid roster, and I can't wait to see how they all fit in.

And I guess the last thing I'll go over is the supposed release date, apparently it's coming out on the 9th of September? Honestly wasn't expecting it to come that early. I thought October or November would be when it was released because it's closer to the holidays, but if it is coming in September I won't mind. (site link for anyone wondering where I pulled that date from https://www.gfinityesports.com/arti...rd-and-shield-dlc#h_4422458018911591107563443)

Last edited:
Considering the stuff above, not really sure where to take the thread from here... so I'll just talk about my thoughts on the datamined roster for the Crowned Tundra

-Lots of Legendaries and even a few mythicals, but that was to be expected so no surprise there
-The Fossil pokemon seem a bit odd, but I'm sure there will be a reason why. My guess is that you'll collect the fossils as you explore the place.
-The gen 3 starters... okay? Not really sure how they'll fit in the Tundra, tho they might just be a transfer only thing like with Magearna in Isle of Armor
-The Ultra Beasts, same as the Fossil Pokemon. My guess for them is either they're transfer only, or they'll have some sort of role in the story (maybe something to do with Calyrex?)
-As for the rest of the pokemon, nothing to complain about. The rest of the pseudos are coming back along with some other pokemon like altaria and walrein. The only pokemon I don't agree with is the Magmar Electabuzz Jynx trio, but even then that's only because Jynx is that much of an abomination.
Overall, a solid roster, and I can't wait to see how they all fit in.

And I guess the last thing I'll go over is the supposed release date, apparently it's coming out on the 9th of September? Honestly wasn't expecting it to come that early. I thought October or November would be when it was released because it's closer to the holidays, but if it is coming in September I won't mind. (site link for anyone wondering where I pulled that date from https://www.gfinityesports.com/arti...rd-and-shield-dlc#h_4422458018911591107563443)
-Fossils are probably all over the place because there's a bit of a spleunking and discovery theme, which ties into fossils pretty reasonable a connection.
-Ultra Beasts are "definitenly not legends" legendary. We knwo from the datamine that they show up in the dens alongside legendary Pokemon and there's a part of the story that's "It Came From Ultra Space" (im still thinking this is more on the Cosmog side than the UB side, but either way!)
-the article is a lot of bunk mixed in with reposts of dataminer findings and misinterpretation of other findings

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)